Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,751 members, 7,889,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Dora Akunyili Tells All! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Tells All! (8995 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Peter Obi’s Sordid Affair With Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by henry101(m): 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

whether she is real of fake she needs to be quiet while shes in office.
she doesnt even sound like an info minister but she sounds like a hair dresser
she should respect her job in the govt and act professionally

When jonathan becomes presido HE CANNOT keep this lady around and if he does he should seriously warn her about her mouth.

What do mean?
U want her 2 keep quiet.
If she does u will b the first 2 say she covering the attrocities in govt.

Hope u r not confused.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by udezue(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2010
How pathetic can Nigerians be?

I don't blame people who have given up on that damn nation and have moved on. The people are the problem. Extremly cynical.

I was never a fan of her and her rebranding but this time I support her action coz that is what we need. U need not to like her 100% but you can choose what you like and what she is doing is what we need. Honesty and transparency.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by kech(f): 3:57am On Mar 01, 2010
monkeyleg:

@ Kech,

I tire oh! I have often found this negative atitude towards change in our people. We are so scared to realise our destiny, and when we see the likes of Dora who are prepared to stick out thier neck, we sit on sites like this and phyco analyse her motives. Where and how do we even qualify to challange her motives, when most were called to protest recently and quite a few made excuses why they didnt go.

We are truly not ready for change, as long as we satisfy our selfish needs, no one cares, we are doing what most politicians are doing, looking aftr number 1.

Exactly!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Seun(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2010
I hope this ends well for the minister.  She's stepping on toes unnecessarily.  It's not really
worth it in this case, unless she is looking to score political points for a future campaign.
The whole Yar'adua issue is overblown; but what I want to know is Jonathan's plan.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:38am On Mar 01, 2010
Madam Dora is surely enjoying the press attention again. Thank God. This Yar'adua saga is a very good avenue to become a hero. carry on madam. We shall see
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by allboyz(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2010
Hmm - Nafdac /Doctor - Minister of Health Information . . . .what do you expect?

boring tales!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by illusion2: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2010
Cynicism at its worst.  sad

If you have no better suggestion on how we can get our dear country out of this quagmire-STFU !  angry

If Lt Gen Dambazu had taken over the country on Wednesday night with 'Fellow Nigerians. . . . . .' the same cynical a@seh**es would say the politicians were just 'chopping'.  cry

What can one ever do to elicit support from Nigerians?  undecided

By the way kudos to Dora. . . . . . .a woman with BALLS !  wink
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Bongoman1: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by theviper1: 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2010
i really thank God that this is the internet,if not there is one idiot i woulda have his balls frying in my frying pan, and that fellow is @don buchi. i wish that u dont come back here EVER AGAIN to post trash and annoy me. nwa ngworo.
i can only say madam Dora, carry go. bt pls grow extra eyes on the back of ur head. may the good Lord keep protecting u.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by ud4u: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2010
I hail you Madam, Cudos, more grease to your elbow
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by denony(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
spare her of all this trash, she is doing her job
we hardly appreciate our people
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by cecegorz(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2010
Now i know the reason why Madam Dora was given the Info. minister portfolio against all rational judgement at the time. God knows that such a time like this will come when a brave lone voice will be needed to counter the moves of these self-serving people.

However the enemies of state will want to present it, History will still remember that it was her moves, by raising a memo for FEC to consider the President's state of health/absentia that ignited the drive by the NASS to empower an Acting President.

There is nothing to fear madam, when Esther declared if i perish, i perish just as you have done, She never did perish, rather it was her enemies that perished while she was elevated. God will continue to bless you!
The Nigerian Nation is greater that any set of interests.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by bisiaet: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2010
t quiet unfortunate when I read people attacking this woman(Dora Akunyilli) personalty, we all knew they (FEC) realy messed up and let Nigeria down but since she was a woman of coincience she decided to say her mind and have her peace so those who are saying she (Dora)is stepping on toes what do they mean and whose toes? Is it the toes of those bald head disgusting vultures in FEC or who? If any of the asshole(FEC) or whoever get angry because she opened up let them go to hell. Yar 'ardua has slapped Nigeria by face and his wife has done the worst so if anybody come out to say anything I think there is justification for it, and if any of them(FEC, Turai,and her gangs) feel Dora step on his or her toes let him or her do there worst. It angers me so much with the way the FEC in particular and the so called Turai and her gangs now besiege Aso Rock as if his there father's compound. If al of them are not happy with whatever Dora must have said that is there cup of tea they can not do anything the worst they can do is to sack her that is all and doing that she has nothing to loose I respect her she is woman of virtue a true learned person.

I still dont even know why Turai is still in Aso Rock till this moment she should have be told "madam time up please could you and your gangs exit Aso Rock as you have refused to allow anybody access to your husband and you hide him under your wrapper. God bless.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by kekere09: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2010
i honestly c sincerity in this woman.but for her, events wld av remained shrouded in total mystery.i think there r some ungrateful lots on NL who av lost their sense of judgement, who have failed to read in between the lines of this article. may God open ur eyes. meanwhile, i'll like to encourage the minister to keep toeing the path of truth & not back out along the line like mama adebayo did in ekiti state. who knows, prof. dora could b dat voice in d wilderness raised up for nigeria by God for a time like this.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Iranoladun(f): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2010
Madam Akunyili, Well done your action made me remember the track in 'Sound of Music' "I have confidence in confidence ♫, I have confidence in me ♫".  You need all the confidence you can muster to survive in this current presidency.  You are wining & dining with the devils so you definitely need a very long spoon.  You are in the midst of sycophants and you need all your wits to survive and outsmart them.  May the good Lord continue to keep & direct your path.

However, Madam please always give your write-up to professional to give it the suave & finesse that befits an FGN mouthpiece. Please always use the KISS principle.  Keep It Short & Simple (no long story).

Anything you say  "may be use against you' and the government you represent.  

Don't get me wrong say the truth the way it is, but say it more professionally.  For instance, a pro would have edited out your information about the exchange with one of your children based in the US or the part that you were commended by some people in the presidency!

More grease to your dainty elbow! cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by agabaI23(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2010
igbo boy:

I say she has balls only because she is an American Citizen with nothing to lose, If everything pafuka she go bounce go join her kids for Ameh. Same thing with Ngozi iweala okonji the former finance minister,

Now I think having foriegn citizenship is good for politicians in Nigeria cos they can speak their mind without fearing if they would lose access to the effing govt bank rolll, but all them aondaka, bankole, iwu, all these bloody nigerians hahahahaha dem dey fear to criticize cos no where to go or chop from if they are cut off from the Niger delta oil, thief thief ole ole, onye ochi onye ochi

Iwu has American citizenship too. I am not sure if Dora has American citizenship but her reputation can get her one if she wants.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by location(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
i really love the way she addresses this situation, i admire her speech and wish her the very best of luck as the situations unfolds
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by EloSela(f): 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2010
I wasn't aware that Dora was an American citizen. Wasn't there a story a few months ago of her being denied entry into America

Anyway I commend the lady for trying to do her job. She does seem to have the best interests of Nigeria at heart.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by achilace(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2010
we need more of this kind of nigerians. most people we have now are just bedroom talkers. they wouldn't start a movement, if you start one they say you are on your own. check it out sef, its over a hundred and twenty something million of us against them. they can't get everybody. we need more courageous nigerians, all we have now is all bark and no bite. pretty bleeped
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by SwtzMinx(f): 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2010
.God bless dz w0man!. . .we need m0re pe0ple lyk her in our godforsaken government. . .
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by steaming(f): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
All the people insulting dora, talks too much, in it for personal gains, two-faced etc should go to HELL! and roast to ashes.

what do u guys really want? Her memo raised enough dust, it was a turning point in this whole yaradua issue and instead of appreciating her bravery, we turn around to insult her!

if a minister of information does not talk, what then is her job?

please, dora carry go. God will bless and preserve u. God works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform.

sincerely, i wonder who else wud ve had these guts to speak up for nigerians where it mattered most!

God bless you, Ma.

i may not entirely like ur person but i admire ur courage and honesty.

Weldone!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by babaowo: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
madam dora akunyili God will lead you through,
as he leads you through nafdac days.
you shall not die but live, to expose the
secret of all evil leaders in naija
in jesus name (amen).
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by deb(m): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
If all the good fruits are taking away from a basket, what do you have left?
Rather than say she should resign, I would encourage her to stay put and pray that more of her kind join our leadership. Her memo was the turning point in this whole saga, she deserves praise and encouragement.

May the Almighty God guide and protect you and your family, Prof. Dora Akunyli.

Thank you jare. Imagine if she wasn't in government
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2010
Seun:

I hope this ends well for the minister.  She's stepping on toes unnecessarily.  It's not really
worth it in this case, unless she is looking to score political points for a future campaign.
The whole Yar'adua issue is overblown; but what I want to know is Jonathan's plan.
trust typical niger politician.she earned her commendation while she tendered the memo.all these crap she telling us now is not necessary and just a waste of time.the two camps yaradua and goodluck need to harmonise and find a lasting solution to this problem.while they are doing that for peace sake,madam talkative should just spare us her crap!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Cotton(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
Posted by: Iranoladun
Insert Quote
Madam Akunyili, Well done your action made me remember the track in 'Sound of Music' "I have confidence in confidence ♫, I have confidence in me ♫".  You need all the confidence you can muster to survive in this current presidency.  You are wining & dining with the devils so you definitely need a very long spoon.  You are in the midst of sycophants and you need all your wits to survive and outsmart them.  May the good Lord continue to keep & direct your path.

However, Madam please always give your write-up to professional to give it the suave & finesse that befits an FGN mouthpiece. Please always use the KISS principle.  Keep It Short & Simple (no long story).

Anything you say  "may be use against you' and the government you represent.  

Don't get me wrong say the truth the way it is, but say it more professionally.  For instance, a pro would have edited out your information about the exchange with one of your children based in the US or the part that you were commended by some people in the presidency!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this was an interview. While I agree that certain things ought not to be mentioned but I don't think the interviewee has the option of editing the interview, do they?
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by deb(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

trust typical niger politician.she earned her commendation while she tendered the memo.all these crap she telling us now is not necessary and just a waste of time.the two camps yaradua and goodluck need to harmonise and find a lasting solution to this problem.while they are doing that for peace sake,madam talkative should just spare us her crap!!!

If she does not talk you will say she's complain. If she talks you will say 'spare us the crap madam talkative'
What do you want Nigerians? We want change yet deep down inside we don't want change.
Somebody is standing up for the truth at the risk of her life which we all know yet all we do is condemn and condemn.
It is this same talk of her that sped up all the good moves/actions taken by the Senators.

Madam Re-brand, God go dey protect you, some of the people you are fighting for are not worth it and I mean some of us Nigerians
are not worth fighting for.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nwogeneugo: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
this is more loke the dora we used to know and like.
for those imputing all sorts of nonsense to her, that is classic Nigerian
mentality,
see all and stand aloof saying "wetin concan me"
if u dont know, this Amazon was the turning point in the yaradua show of shame,
she was the one that went overboard and made the national assembly take the step of
making Jonathan Acting President.

For all of you telling her to be careful and have eyes at the back of her head,
she does not need it, she has said "if i die i die", there is nothing to be afraid of but fear itself,
she typifies all the traits we need more of in this our polity, like Fela said "my people sef dey fear too much"
we are all to cautious in protecting a life that is already less than living, so any fool can do anything and we will all complain under our breath while just looking on like mumu.
He who loves his life will lose it.

we need people who are prepared to stake it all and follow the path of honour,
women or men who can rise to the occasion and stand to be counted.

we also have some base fellows telling us that the article is too long and they cannot read it all
ndi anu mpama.
This woman has more balls than all the men in the federal executive council put together and i dare say most of the men here in nairaland wey claim sey dem get 12" 15"
MADAM DORA WE HAIL. YOU ARE AN AMAZON
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Pk001(m): 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2010
Thank God for brave people like Madam Akunyuli. I think we should commend people when they do the right thing. For this just course she taken, may God bless her and protect her from he enemies! Amen
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2010
deb:

If she does not talk you will say she's complain. If she talks you will say 'spare us the crap madam talkative'
What do you want Nigerians? We want change yet deep down inside we don't want change.
Somebody is standing up for the truth at the risk of her life which we all know yet all we do is condemn and condemn.
It is this same talk of her that sped up all the good moves/actions taken by the Senators.

Madam Re-brand, God go dey protect you, some of the people you are fighting for are not worth it and I mean some of us Nigerians
are not worth fighting for.
dont get carried away when a politician tries to rubbish another just to earn a political score.the deed has been done,she presented the memo,thanks to her but talking some stuff will only draw us back as a nation.comments like "i'm tired of lies about yaradua" is more political in its entirety
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by deb(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

dont get carried away when a politician tries to rubbish another just to earn a political score.the deed has been done,she presented the memo,thanks to her but talking some stuff will only draw us back as a nation.comments like "i'm tired of lies about yaradua" is more political in its entirety
Let her comment be politically motivated, I don't care as long as she has the people at heart.
I will rather have more people like her in government even as president than the likes of AndoaBasta[i]r[/i]dka
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by pcicero(m): 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2010
Nairaland has once again proven to be the true microcosm of Nigeria. Some weeks ago, this same Dora Akunyili was seriously maligned and heavily vilified by anyone who could type QWERTY on Nairaland. Shouldn't we all be happy that at last a beacon of hope has risen for Nigeria?
For those saying she said so much, what exactly is your measurement? BTW, what is the secrecy in government all about? To hoodwink the people and dole out false information while they pillage the common wealth of the land?
That is why well meaning Nigerians have been asking for the passage of the FOI bill.
I read the interview in ThisDay (Sunday 28th Feb 2010) and i must really commend her forthrightness.

The man dies in him who keeps silent in the face of oppression- Wole Soyinka
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by agabaI23(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

If I dig your posts I will bring out where you either said or supported someone who said Dora was feeding you lies in the firs 60 days of Yar'Adua's absence.

If not I will see where you accused her of keeping quiet.

Now she is furninshing you with necessary info and you are bleeding your gum.

Do you really know what you want or you just talk because you can talk?

To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
17 “We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, [a funeral song] and you did not mourn.”
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking[1], and they say, “He has a demon.”
19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, “Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.” But wisdom is proved right by her actions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate The Apc Presidential Campaign Council On Monday, January 7 / Enugu Govt Awards Contracts For Projects Worth Over N3.2 Billion / Anambra Election: Tribunal Relocates To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.