Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,880 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:33 AM

Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja (50289 Views)

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / ISWAP Kills Eight People In Maiduguri, Including 3 Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by zinny20(f): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pls ooo that mtn awoof post is a big time scam
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by buchilino(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
4 ONCE I APPLAUD D CUSTOM CG. I ONLY WISH DEY KEEP HARASSING D RICH N LEAVE WE D POOR PPLE WITH OUR CAMRY.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by slimfit1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Break them an sell them as parts you
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by sonnie10: 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Maybe from different importers. Prado and lexus cannot originate from the same country.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by idupaul: 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
So you now need clearance from the office of the National Security Adviser to use a bullet proof car but yet the govts can't keep our highways safe.
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by idupaul: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
sonnie10:
Maybe from different importers. Prado and lexus cannot originate from the same country.

What can't they originate form the same country when they are made by the same company ?
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by vanderbolt: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
This pure jealous from the Nigeria customs
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by bennymark(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
stolen money, nobody who spends on such exotic cars will risk roaming without them proper papers. the person no go even send till customs re-steal the cars
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by skedman(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
So why did they intercept it. People are no longer safe to buy whatever they want with their money or what ? And why is it on Social media ?
hello,you have refused to educate yourself why? The custom comptroller gave the reasons .it is because they have refused to pay custom duties also did not apply for permit to use bulletproof cars.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by KAYD007(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:
Wow.. So I need a permit before I can own a bulletproof car? shocked Nawa ooh.

Anyway, visit my signature wink

its like saying you need permit to wear an odeshi undecided
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by sonnie10: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
idupaul:

What can't they originate form the same country when they are made by the same company ?

The lexus in that picture is US while the Prado is either Asian or European spec.
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Finstar: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
KAYD007:

its like saying you need permit to wear an odeshi undecided

As long as it's geared toward protection of ones life, I see no reason why I would need a permit for that. It's like needing a permit before I can take a paracetamol. Doesn't make sense nah
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by asawanathegreat(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
Abeg make una give me one make I sell complete my building.
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
jessejunior:
wherz d rolls royce shocked

I don't know why somebody can afford to import luxury cars and can't pay dues
how did you come to the conclusion that they can't pay or don't want to pay? And if they are charged too much dues are they supposed to pay regardless? Just because they can afford to buy luxury cars?
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
tolexy123:
Government arresting government

Even after the arrest..what happens to the vehicles
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by idupaul: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
sonnie10:

The lexus in that picture is US while the Prado is either Asian or European spec.

Oh that angle ..true
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
asawanathegreat:
Abeg make una give me one make I sell complete my building.
complete your building? grin different folks with different problems.
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:

That's pure rubish . Hiw and who told them the car was bullet proof ? Ahahah
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Setpredict10: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
and they are saying no money...a beg where then see this money......there is God
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Adaumunocha(f): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
There's money in this country... Don't b fooled to think otherwise
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by matrixme(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pot calling kettle black. A convoy of the Nigerian Customs passed by this afternoon in Abuja. The sets of cars contained in the convoy would make one weep at the state of affairs of this nation.
Posh, exotic cars one doesn't get to see everyday. I even saw a three door Lincoln Navigator. I wonder whether a first tier traditional ruler or governor have such luxurious vehicles in their convoy.
Satan just picks Nigerian newspapers and laugh everyday.
Edit: if these same vehicles in question were what they were transporting to their headquarters then there is real fire on the mountain in this country. I am a witness
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
skedman:
hello,you have refused to educate yourself why? The custom comptroller gave the reasons .it is because they have refused to pay custom duties also did not apply for permit to use bulletproof cars.
The only way to know a car is bullet proof is if the ow er tells you not from physical inspections unless you shoot at it.it would be heavier yes lower cos of its weight but that's the access height for most range rovers
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by ezanafe(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
cool I must comment today...
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by AnanseK(m): 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
celebsnestng:

He said the reason for the interception of vehicles bothers on non-payment of duties and the purchase of bulletproof cars without a permit from the office of the security adviser.

Look at these illiterate reporters.

"To bother" - is to disturb or to worry

" borders on"- means close to something or sharing a border.

I don't know why they can't deferentiate the two words. The correct expression to use here is "borders on".

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Atlantia(f): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
laurenziz6:
They have been saying Nigeria with will be better one day ever since I was a child
I say let them fix date!
What if they will never fix the date.
What if we have to make the first move? smiley
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by OBAnkemi: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
sonnie10:

Guy receive sense abeg!
Are u saying Prado and lexus can't originate from benin repb (cotonou)
65% of exotic cars in d North r from cotonou,...and without Custom duty
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Dondunga0770(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Just passing by
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by dfrost: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
jessejunior:
wherz d rolls royce shocked

I don't know why somebody can afford to import luxury cars and can't pay dues

Dey there nah. Na big man dey rush food pass for party. Go figure. wink tongue
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Onlinetalk: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fuadeiza:

come to my hostel mid semester, i will show you
Diz one weak me o
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by Pebcak: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
So why did they intercept it. People are no longer safe to buy whatever they want with their money or what ? And why is it on Social media ?

You can buy whatever you want but you need to pay the right fees.

Its sad people in high places in government have been able to beat the system they steal money buy expensive cars and wont want to pay duty fees, Nigeria loose on that but a normal person will buy his camry 2008 and pay the same duty that tallies with the car. Once people in high places start paying right duties i know soon one senator will move motion to reduce duty fees because its affecting them now.

If this goes to all aspect of life in 9ja things will start getting better

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by malakasea(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:

So you think that a blf car is a bicycle.
Re: Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja by juman(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jackipapa:
The cars will soon be cleared, no be 9ger we dey?

Nah paddy paddy thing.

Backward country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills Girlfriend With A Machete For Destroying His Mobile Phone (Pictures) / Hoodlums Strangle, Cut Off Woman’s Private Parts In Ketu (photo) / Prophet Jay Jay Enejeta Kidnapped, His Wife Shot Dead In Delta State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.