Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,960 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:03 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57559 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

My ex owned his own company. His business was strong enough to pay my salary for life. He just needed a little assistance to also get back on his feet which i obliged. But he still used sweet mouth till he disappeared.

Showing undying love without using some aspects of your brain is what makes ladies lose track of what is really going on. Not all men are sincere...put that in mind.

This is your problem. Your bias towards men on this issue as a result of your irrelevant experience has clouded your reasoning. Look at the case for its facts and for its facts alone
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

You are right. It has. I'm not against giving in relationships but it shouldn't be one-sided...

Yeah. Kedu ka Aba di today?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

After several calls, the best he could do was a text. When he needed the money, wasn't he spending time with her and call her and responding to her calls?

Of cuz he was . Now do some thinking why do you think he responds to texts and not calls?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by chukwudi06(m): 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
He will pay you back but from the way you are moving you seems not to be a friend to him. You are too forward over the money. That guy should forget the relationship after this transaction because you were only put to test and you fall woefully, too bad.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

This is your problem. Your bias towards men on this issue as a result of your irrelevant experience has clouded your reasoning. Look at the case for its facts and for its facts alone

Even with my "irrelevant experience", i still don't hv a bias. I draw my conclusion objectively basrd on whay the OP said but u men believe it is the fiancee right to borrow the money and keep mute.

Besides i was responding based on what someone else mentioned. You were not mentioned.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:

What is the point of saying for better for worse if you will treat your man like a complete stranger in a situation like this.

Believe me, He will pay her back. He might just be taking time to come to terms with the character she showed him when He was down.
Who's treating who as a complete stranger here? The man or the lady? Do me a favour please, answer honestly.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah. Kedu ka Aba di today?
Aba Is calm now thank God.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Yoshy: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

The fact that he is being elusive and not even picking up or returning calls is cause for concern. I don't know if men find it particularly difficult to return money they borrow from their women because most of the women i have related with never get their money back.

The men either disappear or start trying to use love and marriage to cover up. They could even become abusive towards her, saying she is not a virtuous woman...blah blah blah.
Let him borrow from his friends instead or they sign a contract with witnesses.

In my case, a girl did exactly all you mentioned.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Yoshy: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

LOL. NEVER BELIEVE WOMEN UNDERSTAND BETTER. NEVER! grin
While I don't believe girls are lesser in mental capacity when compared to boys, I said that to close it off.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Nobody said it should it be one sided. Why do you people keep bringing up issues that are irrelevant. The issue is with her decision to end the relationship with the given details. THAT IS THE PROBLEM
I was replying MADUAWUCHUKWU. If you follow our mentions you will understand why I said one-sided giving which isn't even directly related to the topic at hand.

Now, the issue in what the OP wrote is not just that she wants to end the relationship. She said & I quote, "I don't mind losing my relationship with him cos I don't trust him anymore". The issue here is that SHE DOESN'T TRUST HIM ANYMORE (which is understandable ) & cos of that, the relationship is now on shaky ground. Grab?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by iomoge2(f): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Stop saying she should forget about the money. The dude is gonna pay her back. Your marriage is your marriage. Don't impose your ideas on her own relationship
v
See this one

Lol

Let babe forget that money
Nigga aint gonna pay back.... and if he does its a plus

I rather not let a man know i hve a kobo than putting mysf in her position

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

Aba Is calm now thank God.

That's cool to know. I hear say Una governor dey try. That he is transforming Aba and the shoe making guys. Na true?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

That's cool to know. I hear say Una governor dey try. That he is transforming Aba and the shoe making guys. Na true?
Lol...you are funny
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

Lol...you are funny

Lol. But am serious here. I want to know. I am calculating some things
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. But am serious here. I want to know. I am calculating some things
What are you calculating? Let me know
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

I was replying MADUAWUCHUKWU. If you follow our mentions you will understand why I said one-sided giving which isn't even directly related to the topic at hand.

Now, the issue in what the OP wrote is not just that she wants to end the relationship. She said & I quote, "I don't mind losing my relationship with him cos I don't trust him anymore". The issue here is that SHE DOESN'T TRUST HIM ANYMORE (which is understandable ) & cos of that, the relationship is now on shaky ground. Grab?

Don't get things twisted her actions and her reasons for them are not the same thing. She feels bad and hurt OK . Now ending the relationship because of this is the problem. I'm tired
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
Yoshy:

In my case, a girl did exactly all you mentioned.

If a babe borrows, same thing. You cannot trust someone like that. People take advantage of love to do all sorts. It doesn't show integrity.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

What are you calculating? Let me know

If the place is bubbling I might make plans to benefit from there nah. I am coming to the East next month and am planning to settle there and man must settle where money dey.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by LordKO(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Read her post again. He replied to her text and said he'll pay her back via text but without a specific date. So not picking calls is logically and equally related to the fact that he can't be trusted? undecided again I ask, is this the right decision given the Available evidence at the moment. Answer the question like a woman

Citing this flawed logic of yours "He replied to her text and said he'll pay her back via text but without a specific date," in your mental slowness you didn't realize that since he didn't give her a specific date, that makes his promise infinite and by extension means that she may wait till eternity before knowing when to recoup her investment - her hard earned money. And to add salt to injury, he's equally avoiding both effective communications with her or meeting up with her physically (even when they're in a romantic relationship) like they used to do prior to this happenstance. Now, I wonder, why then do a dimwit like you and your ilks still criticizes the leaders of this country since they have always promised the citizenry that they will make the country great starting from 1960 to date, but without meaningful things in place to justify the previous pronouncements in same regard, even though they're always carrying out day-to-day governance. . . Everyone ought to keep calm and be worshiping them based on their promises. Boy, there's a difference between fiction and fact.

Meanwhile, I also wonder what you gain from badgering and misquoting people in particular and trying so hard to arrogate monopoly of wisdom to yourself in general. For your information, it's only an insane person that will choose to remain in any form of relationship with a disingenuous, conceited and self-centered party.

Truly, shame doesn't catch a mad person rather his relations - you've validated this axiom through your actions and inaction on this thread.

Personally, I have given you enough undeserving attention - Goodness doesn't cost money, try to acquire it. This is my final bye to you.

9 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Don't get things twisted her actions and her reasons for them are not the same thing. She feels bad and hurt OK . Now ending the relationship because of this is the problem. I'm tired
But her reasons for getting hurt brought about the action she's about to take. I'm not telling her to break up with him.Who says she has to? I only know that once trust is broken, it's difficult to mend. They really have to work hard to scale through this. Trust is VERY important in marriage.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by FunspoT(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
iomoge2:
v
See this one

Lol

Let babe forget that money
Nigga aint gonna pay back.... and if he does its a plus

I rather not let a man know i hve a kobo than putting mysf in her position

It shldnt be the case when there is trust,I believe a man shld always be trustworthy,I don't take money from my gf nor did I from my ex even when they offer,(am kinda proud like dat),u shld be able to assist ur partner,buh dat is if u trust them,and if u don't,den u shld think more abt d relationship then.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Of cuz he was . Now do some thinking why do you think he responds to texts and not calls?

To avoid confrontation maybe. But only him can answer that.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

If the place is bubbling I might make plans to benefit from there nah. I am coming to the East next month and am planning to settle there and man must settle where money dey.
So where are you coming from that you want to settle in the East? Besides, Aba is in the East & not the whole of the East. So, any particular state here in mind?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
FunspoT:

It shldnt be the case when there is trust,I believe a man shld always be trustworthy,I don't take money from my gf nor did I from my ex even when they offer,(am kinda proud like dat),u shld be able to assist ur partner,buh dat is if u trust them,and if u don't,den u shld think more abt d relationship then.
Exactly. I keep saying it.I don't believe giving in relationships should be one-sided. The both parties should be able to help out when the need arises.
Also, it's not only a man that ought to be trustworthy.A woman should also, probably even more than a man. I tell people never to allow any flaw in their character that will affect their integrity.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Poco, the 300,000Naira i borrowed you since January, when are you going to return it?

Mere N300,000??
Okay...open thread.
If over 75% of guys can blame and insult you, as they're insulting this OP...I will pay immediately. If they insult me, nothing for you.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
Looks like efight is going on here grin cheesy

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Mere N300,000??
Okay...open thread.
If over 75% of guys can blame and insult you, as they're insulting this OP...I will pay immediately. If they insult me, nothing for you.

grin grin grin grin
mere 300000 shocked embarassed
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
sunshineG:
mere 300000 shocked embarassed

Yes. If N500,000 is mere...N300,000 is worse than mere.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Yes. If N500,000 is mere...N300,000 is worse than mere.
sad let me go face my life biko
That means I am not ready for life sad

I can't call 300000 mere yet

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

To avoid confrontation maybe. But only him can answer that.

So if only him can answer that why are you so adamant that he is not trustworthy and this is disloyal?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
LordKO:

Citing this flawed logic of yours "He replied to her text and said he'll pay her back via text but without a specific date" in your mental slowness you didn't realize that since he didn't give her a specific date, that makes his promise infinite and by extension means that she may wait till eternity before knowing when to recoup her investment - her hard earned money. And to add salt to injury, he's equally avoiding both effective communications with her or meeting up with her physically (even when they're in a romantic relationship) like they used to do prior to this happenstance. Now, I wonder, why then do a dimwit like you and your ilks still criticizes the leaders of this country since they have always promised the citizenry that they will make the country great starting from 1960 to date, but without meaningful things in place to justify the previous pronouncements in same regard, even though they're always carrying out day-to-day governance. . . Everyone ought to keep calm and be worshiping them based on their promises. Boy, there's a difference between fiction and fact.

Meanwhile, I also wonder what you gain from badgering and misquoting people in particular and trying so hard to arrogate monopoly of wisdom to yourself in general. For your information, it's only an insane person that will choose to remain in any form of relationship with a disingenuous, conceited and self-centered party.

Truly, shame doesn't catch a mad person rather his relations - you've validated this axiom through your actions and inaction on this thread.

Personally, I have given you enough undeserving attention - Goodness doesn't cost money, try to acquire it. This is my final bye to you.

You are clearly stupid. First of all you don't know what logic is cuz the only person applying logic there was her and now you. You're still hammering on the fact that the timeline is inconclusive. Now this is where you're an idiot, just like it can be infinite it can also be close by Or nearer than she expects but your One side brain won't allow you think in that direction. Now even with that is that not fallacious by you and your stupid female supporters to deduce that he is disloyal just because of the calls. Do you even know what a fallacy is? Cuz you're clearly a block head. Now if you claim to be objective why is that all your useless reasoning only results in one outcome. As he is avoiding her via calls and not wanting to engage with her physically. Can't that your stupid brain tell you that there are other tangible reasons why he might be doing that. You keep talking about her hard earned money like that is the issue. Read the title of this thread again she asked and I vehemently quote " have I been duped " . The guy is wrong for a lot of reasons but as he's not here it's not my business. Now as regards to her question, no she hasn't been duped but your ignoramus skull has made you not to realize this. Nobody is justifying the guy's action as good. We all know he messed up but for tangible reasons. And it's because of these reasons that I can see she has not been duped which has been her question all along. Now the 2nd part to this issue is her action of ending the relationship which is even wrong as well. Get this into your rubbish brain

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Mere N300,000??
Okay...open thread.

grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha Yeye girl, if i smack you....

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Kelly Jumbo Weds Thomas Esiape: Pre-wedding Pictures Of Two Bikers / Sultan Bin Salman Marries 25-Year-Old Lady, Pays $50m, Convoy Of 30 Range Rovers / Zimbabwean Man Disgraced By Prostitutes For Not Paying For 5 Rounds Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.