Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos (5249 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Blue3k:

You brain must be broken just like it was on that thread. We heard your wails. The port cost are same. Shipping cost would make it more to move my road to Lagos to anywhere SE. The fact is business wise you are lying about ports.

You see why I say you are a business illiterate

A ship coming from China, will first come in contact with the Onne port at Eastern part of Nigeria after Cameroon before getting to Lagos.

A ship coming from Europe and the America continents will first get in contact with the Western part of Nigeria after Benin republic before getting to Onne.

Bloody business illiterate like you should ask yourself why would a ship from China carrying goods to be delivered to Aba market, dock at Lagos instead of Onne which is closer.?

Hope you can see that you and jetleeee are bloody business illiterates.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by louwie(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Which south east border is adjacent to the sea?

Absence of federal presence?

Does each of the state capitals in the east have federal Secretariat or not?

Are there senatorial districts in the east or not?

Do federal roads pass through the south east or not?

Is the entire south east on the power grid of Nigeria or not?

Are there military barracks in the south east it not?

Are there federal universities in the south east or not?

Which other federal presence are you looking for?

You want Nigeria to relocate the FCT to Enugu or Abia before you quit screaming marginalization abi?

If i where to be a secretary and this was to be a meeting: None, not one; of the things you said above will make the minutes.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Blue3k(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

A ship coming from China, will first come in contact with the Onne port at Eastern part of Nigeria after Cameroon before getting to Lagos.

A ship coming from Europe and the America continents will first get in contact with the Western part.

Lame wailer ramblings none of you could bring receipts to prove any of this. Lol stop pretending you are shipping anything. Your example is stupid they don't have to stop at Port they get in contact at. That's not marginalization that's business. A deep seaport in Akwa Ibom wouldn't stop that from happening anyway.

See how your type switches goal post. You guys could hold your ground even if buried in it. First it was more expensive to get goods now it ships that are you issue.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Blue3k:

Lame wailer ramblings none of you could bring seeks to prove any of this. Lol stop pretending you are shipping anything. Your example is stupid they don't have to stop at Port they get in contact at. That's not marginalization that's business. A deep seaport in Akwa Ibom wouldn't stop that from happening anyway.

See how your type switches goal post. You guys could hold your ground even if buried in it. First it was more expensive to get goods now it ships that are you issue.

You see why I call you a business illiterate

Since you have been talking, you and jetleeee have not answered the 2 questions thrown at you

Think before you talk even if you did not further your education after secondary school.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by louwie(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ovamboland:

Big ignorance, it took almost 70 years for a native of the rebel American states to become president, and echos of the American civil war still reverberates today with the recent racist attack in Charlotteville this year 2017.

Germany almost 80 years since the end of world war 2 cannot build it's armed forces as it wished without clearance from USA. Likewise Japan cannot succeed in any nuclear ambition without usa agreement.

They are not crying today because they know the restrictions are consequences of their past actions and they have learnt to live with it.

But our people here expect there should be no consequences or price to pay for losing the civil war

If there is anything i admire....it's your sincere submission !
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Blue3k(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

[s]You see why I call you a business illiterate

Since you have been talking, you and jetleeee have not answered the 2 questions thrown at you

Think before you talk even if you did not further your education after secondary school.[/s]

Wailer you switch argument to ships which has nothing to do with marginalization or even the port management. Nobody can control actions of individuals shippers. Lol your rules us not set in stone. If the profits are their they will do it. The gas they are burning doesn't add too much extra to go to ND.

It's funny you cry marginalization then can cite example by your government when pressed. You shifted group to shippers. That doesn't explain why you the supposed importer is using Lagos when you know trucking cost is higher to move it across country.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

A ship coming from Europe and the America continents will first get in contact with the Western part of Nigeria after Benin republic before getting to Onne.

Bloody business illiterate like you should ask yourself why would a ship from China carrying goods to be delivered to Aba market, dock at Lagos instead of Onne which is closer.?

Is Aba market the biggest in Nigeria? No

The biggest market in Nigeria is Lagos and that is why most ships go there.

The entire SE is not as big a market as Lagos
Simples

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by obailala(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
nku5:

1. Have you been to the north before? Have you seen the Federal roads there? Whether from Minna to Sokoto or Abuja to Kaduna you cannot find ANY federal road that has not been dualised and able to accomodate four lanes on either side. Or do you want to talk of the numerous dam projects and irrigation schemes in the north and south-west?

2. In addition to other industries the federal government set up Nigerian Machine Tools Ltd in Osogbo in 1980 (an obasanjo initiative), set up Ajaokuta Steel for the north. None in the SE...

"In the  first place, the Ajaokuta steel complex was originally proposed to be sited in Onitsha, Anambra state but due to ethnic sentiment and political motive, it was moved to Ajaokuta."

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/ajaokuta-steel-complex-killed-buried-ex-gm-opens/

That is what marginalisation looks like

Marginalisation is a word that useless south eastern leaders over the years have planted in the minds of south easterners to cover up their personal sleaze and ineptitude. Of course, the marginalisation excuse always works for south eastern political elite because psychologically, the average Igbo man expects some form of victimisation from the rest of Nigeria due to the war outcome.

For your first point about roads, due to the dry solid terrain of north, even a road built in the north in 1970 would still be solid in 2017. The amount of load/traffic on the roads is another matter. Compared to southern roads, how many vehicles ply those northern roads you talk about?... We all know Nigeria has a poor maintenance culture, so even the little funds that may have been released for road maintenace over the decades, what exactly happened to those funds?.... Something strongly tells me the leaders/political elite in each region of the country have some questions to answer regarding how the little funds released for road maintenance in their zones were spent. All in all, there's certainly an explanation why the roads down south are horrible compared to the north, and that explanation is certainly not that northern head of states allocated money only for fixing northern roads.

Talking about dam projects, biko how many dam projects are in the south west?... how many are even in the so called north?... how many are functional?.... were they built by FG or state governments?... And biko, from my basic understanding, irrigation dams are useful in areas of low rainfall... So when has dam now become something to struggle for equality with the arid north?

You also mentioned Ajaokuta steel as your evidence of marginalisation of the SE. Biko, where is the iron ore located?... Does it make economic sense to site a steel plant in Anambra when the raw material is in Kogi?.... What you advocate for, isnt that going to amount to marginalisation of the middle belt?.... By the way, has the so called Ajaokuta plant produced a single billet of steel since 1981 when it was buìlt?....

I cant even imagine what the narrative would have been assuming Ajaokuta plant was at Anambra and has never been able to produce any steel till date. Of course the same old paranoid expression of ethnic 'marginalisation of ndigbo' would have been sung all the way to heaven as the reason why the plant isnt producing.

If we must all float in the same paranoid victim mentality bubble, we can as well all claim that Ajaokuta was systematically sabotaged due to ethnic hatred against middle beltans. Meanwhile while the steel plant was located at Kogi, the FG Metallurgical Institute was located at Oba Anambra even though the steel is at Kogi... I guess that isnt ethnic marginalisation against Kogi people right?.... or again you pointed out a federal institutions in osogbo and one in Kogi and you use that as your example of marginalisation?... Is the Metallurgical Institute sited at Oba Anambra not owned by the FG? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by ElsonMorali: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
louwie:

If i where to be a secretary and this was to be a meeting: None, not one; of the things you said above will make the minutes.

Is that so? Could it be Because your comprehension level is infinitesimal or probably Because you would be fast asleep from the previous night's crack fest? undecided

You want to counter my post? I'll appreciate a level of intelligent response Please.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by louwie(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Is that so? Could it be Because your comprehension level is infinitesimal (Not the case) or probably Because you would be fast asleep from the previous night's crack fest? (Not the case also)undecided

You want to counter my post? (Yes, it's anything but intelligent) I'll appreciate a level of intelligent response Please. (sorry...You don't deserve it !!!)

Find my answer above in RED

Even big words has not helped your case.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by ElsonMorali: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
louwie:

Find my answer above in RED

Even big words has not helped your case.

Says someone who doesn't know the difference between "where" and "were".

Who's going to make you secretary of anything except for your local palmwine joint?

Iranu. Shift jor.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by scholes0(m): 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Now THIS joint right here is what I call a SOUND thread.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by louwie(m): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Says someone who doesn't now the difference between "where" and "were". (i do and if i did place them wrongly, then my mistake)

Who's going to make you secretary of anything except for your local palmwine joint? (I refuse to come down to your level, it fits you alone)

Iranu. Shift jor.

Again, find my response above in RED...Have a blast.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

So when your youths escape povert and come to Lagos in the Young shall Grow buses and they cannot disembark at every bus stop in Lagos is it Marginalization?

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by agbangam: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
vicadex07:

They're simply greedy. Any Igbo person who is not born greedy and spiteful should question his or her paternity cos its ingrained in their DNA

Guy, dey swear for u cheesy..... u no get joy o.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by ElsonMorali: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
louwie:

Again, find my response above in RED...Have a blast.

#ignored.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by rummmy: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
I don't argue with insult....get behind me kid
ElsonMorali:

I'm sure when you wake up and look around you, what you see are lunatics. Now, I don't know where exactly you are, But a Good Guess would be Yaba left.

Mumu. What else do you mean by federal government presence?

Factories?

Besides, isn't the east connected to the electricity grid of the nation? Arindin.

All these indomie children playing with their parents phone angry

How about you concentrate on your home work and return that phone to your mommy?
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Olarababy:
I have been hearing this word for quite some time in in Nigeria. And i notice its the Igbos its normaly used on i.e; igbos are being marginalized. Can someone explain to me the meaning of the word in respect to Nigeria
NB: am Igbo

For ages the SE never had an international. airport until an igbo woman was made minister for aviation..

There are no embassies. or consulate offices in the SE... We musntugo to Lagos to get visa for travelling abroad.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
vicadex07:

Whatever is being done to you guys in Nigeria today is simply karma cos u brought it upon yourselves cos of greed.

You executed the first bloody coup out of greed and envy and then another greedy Igbo, Ironsi unified the autonomous region under a central authority.

Yet another greedy azikwe made sure the secession clause was not included in our constitution because he wanted to be premier of the western region.... Theif....ole.

The most annoying part is your people will never own up to these atrocities cos u prefer blaming other people for your woes....maybe that's why karma has been very brutal and ruthless with your tribe.

Now hold it right there.

more than 5 yoruba soldiers in were part of the coup that took place in 1966 and besides no SEsterner was part of the 1966 coup.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
vicadex07:

Igbos are simply greedy....we are all marginalized by our elected leaders.

I remember a thread during Jonathans regime where Yoruba leaders complained about marginalization...Igbo nairalanders showed how vile and hateful they can be, jubilating all over the thread with very disgusting comments.

....fast forward to 2015, dey now turned to wailing wailers and marginalization was the only pathetic excuse for them to hold on to, so as to form IPOB and destabilize the incoming government.

How can a landlocked region possess a standard seaport? You can now see that attribute of greediness I mentioned earlier been displayed... Besides why didn't you all tell your beloved Jonathan to give u seaport... Na now your memory just reboot abi?

igbo land is not landlocked.

The SE is not land locked.

Please define landlocked.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
Cinkq:
God bless you for this post. Yorubas didn't threaten to bring down the country when jonathan was in office.

biafra has nothing to do with who is president of nigeria. pls stop foooooling urself
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
vicadex07:

They're simply greedy. Any Igbo person who is not born greedy and spiteful should question his or her paternity cos its ingrained in their DNA

and ur fighting hard for these spiteful n greedy true horns to remain in the same country with you.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by nku5: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
obailala:

Marginalisation is a word that useless south eastern leaders over the years have planted in the minds of south easterners to cover up their personal sleaze and ineptitude. Of course, the marginalisation excuse always works for south eastern political elite because psychologically, the average Igbo man expects some form of victimisation from the rest of Nigeria due to the war outcome.

For your first point about roads, due to the dry solid terrain of north, even a road built in the north in 1970 would still be solid in 2017. The amount of load/traffic on the roads is another matter. Compared to southern roads, how many vehicles ply those northern roads you talk about?... We all know Nigeria has a poor maintenance culture, so even the little funds that may have been released for road maintenace over the decades, what exactly happened to those funds?.... Something strongly tells me the leaders/political elite in each region of the country have some questions to answer regarding how the little funds released for road maintenance in their zones were spent. All in all, there's certainly an explanation why the roads down south are horrible compared to the north, and that explanation is certainly not that northern head of states allocated money only for fixing northern roads.

Talking about dam projects, biko how many dam projects are in the south west?... how many are even in the so called north?... how many are functional?.... were they built by FG or state governments?... And biko, from my basic understanding, irrigation dams are useful in areas of low rainfall... So when has dam now become something to struggle for equality with the arid north?

You also mentioned Ajaokuta steel as your evidence of marginalisation of the SE. Biko, where is the iron ore located?... Does it make economic sense to site a steel plant in Anambra when the raw material is in Kogi?.... What you advocate for, isnt that going to amount to marginalisation of the middle belt?.... By the way, has the so called Ajaokuta plant produced a single billet of steel since 1981 when it was buìlt?....

I cant even imagine what the narrative would have been assuming Ajaokuta plant was at Anambra and has never been able to produce any steel till date. Of course the same old paranoid expression of ethnic 'marginalisation of ndigbo' would have been sung all the way to heaven as the reason why the plant isnt producing.

If we must all float in the same paranoid victim mentality bubble, we can as well all claim that Ajaokuta was systematically sabotaged due to ethnic hatred against middle beltans. Meanwhile while the steel plant was located at Kogi, the FG Metallurgical Institute was located at Oba Anambra even though the steel is at Kogi... I guess that isnt ethnic marginalisation against Kogi people right?.... or again you pointed out a federal institutions in osogbo and one in Kogi and you use that as your example of marginalisation?... Is the Metallurgical Institute sited at Oba Anambra not owned by the FG? undecided

Lmao @ marginalization is just a word. Just like Kami Adeosun said recession is just a word while hunger was killing people grin

1. Obviously you know next to nothing about the north for you to say that heavy rain in the SE and almost no rain in the north means their roads can last for 40 or more years. Firstly there is no scarcity of rainfall in the north, places like Borno suffer heavy flooding. Your point is so vacuous that I won't bother labouring on it. I will leave you to ask people who know a few things about the north about the state of Minna-Zungeru road which is a state road. It is a horrible death-trap. Also ask them about the Minna-Abuja road which is a federal road and is a standard dualised expressway. Why didn't the state roads not last since 1970 as you claim?

When I read you type that leaders in igboland are bad I just laugh. In the East the state roads are much better than the Federal roads which are totally gone. The exact opposite of the north...

2. If you are asking me about irrigation projects and dams instead of simply googling it I just tire but I will indulge you with some of the most recent. If you are my discussions on this thread you can see some in SW:

"The present administration under President Jonathan, also releases the sum of N10 billion to kick start the Great Green Wall Afforestation programme aimed at arresting desert encroachment and reviving the region’s eco-system.

Consequently, it has also assisted farmers in the region through the water and irrigation projects spread all over the region. The Federal Government has contracted the rehabilitation of Goronyo Dam, the 11,000 hectares Bakalori Irrigation Scheme, the Zobe Irrigation Projects, Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project, Bagwai (water dam) Irrigation Project under construction, the Kano River Irrigation Project and the Zuro Polder project, the Middle Rima River Irrigation including the expansion of Jibiya scheme and other on-going dams projects at Shagari, all in a bid to assist farmers to achieve self-sufficiency in food for the region and Nigeria as a whole."

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/jonathan-northerner-actions-achievements/

3. Like I also discussed earlier on this thread the former GM of Ajaokuta steel knows more than any nairalander so argue with his interview. For your information there is Iron Ore in Anambra state. Trying to use Metallurgical School as evidence of anything is laughable. The federal govt built machine tools factories, dams, irrigation schemes for agriculture, roads, pipeborne water etc in the north and south west and built training school in the east and you expect us to celebrate wickedness? Big joke
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by louwie(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2017
ElsonMorali:

#ignored.

Good boy...# You have successfully learnt how to be in place. Congrats!

Do have a blessed day...#louwie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sokotodecides: Gov. Tambuwal Survives APC Onslaught, Wins Re-election / See This Photo Of Tinubu At The Presidential Villa / Well To Do Igbo Traders Chase Off Hungry Yorubas From Alaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.