Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,574 members, 7,888,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:49 PM

Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website (821 Views)

Pls help review my new website / Help Review This Forum Site / Pls Help Review Site Http://www.faithacademyportal.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by JideOguns(m): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hello house, kindly help review Mooreadvice's new website,

Comments and critics are highly welcome,

http://www.mooreadvice.com/
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
It looks nice, but could not get it to completely boot.

Maybe its cause of multiple Javascript query placed to make that title write on, I don't know sha,
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by larion: 1:26am On Mar 06, 2010
i don fall, now i think i av so much work 2 do, nice job, but those with slow server might not enjoy it as puzo said, i did enjoy it cos i av a vety fast server now, great job anyway! i wish yawatede cld comment on dis, she'll surely see something wrong wit it wc i'll like 2 know
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by donline: 5:23am On Mar 06, 2010
hi jide,poposhinshin great job, well done  but make it moderate "javascript"
d job is fantastic
go on  big boy
we go see sa
thanks
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by DualCore1: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2010
Brotha you have all the space on your front page. Build a content driven site. Most pipz don't care about the effects, they want to see content on the first page.

Very good looking view.

The view is great, the site is a joke, its a ridiculous abuse of JavaScript.

View your site with javascript turned off and all your site shows is
"Loading MooreAdvice Group Version 20.10, , Please wait!(%)"

Its one thing so download or create beautiful JavaScript widgets, its another thing to know when to use them. Let javascript work for you, don't work for javascript.

Nice logo and graphics.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Dual. I like your review!!! I have completed the site i recently hosted and it will be soon submitted to the client.

On this work i noticed the automail now enter the Inbox. Thanks and that's a plus!!!

Please i will need your review on it, cause its a serious job, as in, Unlike others i have done at past. Na a job wey go bring rep for me internationally.

I placed a tread on its review on nland. Pls i need ur review there.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by DualCore1: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2010
Donpuzo:

On this work i noticed the automail now enter the Inbox. Thanks and that's a plus!!!

You're welcome. Glad to see yours works well. The problem isnt really from my end but how the email services see the incoming mail.

There's is going to be a change shortly. What I see as a permanent solution to any mail problem anyone may be having on TD's server.
I have effected the change on sawyerrken.com and i am testing it. If it passes the test then i'll let everyone know.

I will check your site up shortly.
You may YIM me for real time response.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by JideOguns(m): 12:50am On Mar 08, 2010
hi jide,poposhinshin great job, well done but make it moderate "javascript"
d job is fantastic
go on big boy
we go see sa
thanks

@Poposhinshin, thanx man.

"Loading MooreAdvice Group Version 20.10, , Please wait!(%)"

Very good looking view.
THanks man

Nice logo and graphics.
. Thanks here too.

@Dual core, yes we are aware of the use of javascript. But if you turn off Javascript and try checking facebook, you just might have an heart attack.

Its one thing so download or create beautiful JavaScript widgets, its another thing to know when to use them. Let javascript work for you, don't work for javascript.

We have made javascript work for us all through this site, and not working for javascript. A lot of design blue prints and all,

To everyone that has commented, thanks for your reviews and comments. But also note that the site is not a one mans job but a team of developers and designers.

THanks, but still waiting for more critics and comments.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by bollinton: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dual Core:

Brotha you have all the space on your front page. Build a content driven site. Most pipz don't care about the effects, they want to see content on the first page.

I think the site is content driven as oppose to your opinion,it was just presented in a nice and cool way,From the home page you can see what MooreAdvice Group is all about.
The Navigation is sweet.Where you confused @ all?

Dual Core:

The view is great, the site is a joke, its a ridiculous abuse of JavaScript.

Nice logo and graphics.

Pls,Can you tell us where there is misuse of javascript widgets?

Dual Core:

"Loading MooreAdvice Group Version 20.10,  ,  Please wait!(%)"

I think the advice should be for them to add a noscript message

Ajax Technology for Newsletter Subscription and Tell A Friend,I Feel You Guys.

It works for me,the user experience is great
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Whatever una talk. Maybe na lies and great comment una won hear.

Turn off Javascript on fbook and u get to see a notification.

Even i saw a lotta miss use of javascript. Also, Abeg good esthetically work all round.

Thats what Nigerian's want.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by DualCore1: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
Pipz, I have dropped my 2 kobos if it hurts anyone in the eye, no apologies i will always drop them.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by DualCore1: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
JideOguns, I am glad my suggestions are helping and I will keep talking as I am bored to death waiting for a few things I am doing to transload.

Have you noticed how hard it is getting to mouseover every first link of the 4 navigation overlays?
You mouseover it and your cursor doesn't change. You have to fiddle up and down the link to get it to change to a hyperlink you can click.

The magnification effect is useless (sorry for the word, i usually tell things like it is, no sentiments).
I say it has no use cuz it just makes navigation dodgy. You hover over an item, it magnifies and brings up and overlay, you wonno go to the overlay, it either swithches to another overlay if u're not careful enough or it disappears.

If i'm talking like i'm high just ignore my post.

I burnt candles studying Software Engineering and spent more than half the time just focusing on Interactive Design. I look at my old sites now and i just wish I had the time to redo them all.

Bottom line: I like very simple and good looking sites. Sites that are functional, accessible, usable, safe and can yield good user experience.

P.S: Don't work to make the same mistakes with facebook, learn from their mistake and make yours work better.

You make JS work for you when you get it to do what you want. You start working for JS when you have to spend sleepless nights fixing bugs that have come up just cuz you have to use a particular JS tweak.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by bollinton: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
Yeah Noticed the Mouse Over bug with the first link of the displayed "OS" Windows.That should be noted.

I think such observations and constructive criticisms are what is needed for reviews like this.

@Dual Core
The icon dock and magnification effect  is very useful.You can't just miss it.
Because of this effect most users will mouse over all the icons and they get see all what MooreAdvice is all about and can then navigate to any section of the site with ease.

Some effects are what having sleepless for, like that of the content,for enjoyability and memorability sake(which is an important area of interactive design) if not for anything else.

For me what i can see is Mac on the Web
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by william5: 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
That is extremely Javascript-HEAVY! shocked
Too many HTTP requests. Check it with Yslow [An extension of the Firebug addon for Firefox] you'll see what i mean
The average speed of an internet connection in Africa [slow] will make people avoid your site like a plague.

When using js, think about accessibility and usability and not the visuals alone. Anyway it's a nice concept.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
See, will i am your point on Africa connection speed is the greatest post here.

People seem not to understand that abroad na one click, here na war.

When i wanted to develop marknollis.com, i had to make for that issue, good host/fast, and not much stuffs that can temper with site speed.

Like i was a bit esthetically and was also very conventional and tried to be make the site very informational.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by BidzaMoyo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ JideOguns

9/10 for a GREAT VISUAL DESIGN!!!

I like the way you have used the blues. The flower in the middle is a very good attention grabber, it focus the user on the call to action, that is signing up for a newsletter/alerts. That is a nice touch.

I agree with @ Dual Core. You need to highlight what the site is about on the home page, otherwise users will just click the back button.

Your navigation is very Web 2.0 full marks for that.

My only criticism which has been echoed by others is that the links on "Latest News" and "Our Clients" are a pain to click on. In the end I just gave up, Now imagine if I was a potential client,

Otherwise well done, one of the better sites I have reviewed on NL.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Bidza. Hello, i am online now. come online.
Re: Please Help Review Mooreadvice New Website by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
Men this guy being so some great web 2.0 stuffs and esthetics.

But i checked again whether na my Zoom connection, but in never loaded complete. Open 12 sites. Yet e no load complete.

Serious you need to work on that and the links are not informative. No imagery use fit what is depicted.

Think *dhtml should have commented on this he has considerable knowledge of Java script and web 2.0 sites

(1) (Reply)

Addthis Toolbar (new) / Create Your Own Sms Website In Less Than 48 Hours / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.