Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,331 members, 7,978,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:02 PM

Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? (928 Views)

Can You Marry This Type Of Lady ( Photo ) / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by lonelydude: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2010
Hi guys, Pls, do you think I'm related to this girl?

She is a daughter to my Aunty's husband's brother. This my aunty in question is a half-sister to my father.

Are we related?

Thanks for you advice.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by maedan(f): 12:21am On Mar 06, 2010
So Nairaland is now your official family-tree researcher abi? Well I hope someone helps you untangle this cos it's a bit too complicated even for me tongue.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by mamagee3(f): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2010
I think you need to study a topic called "Family Tree and Extended Family relationships"
Cause I can't understand what you're pointing out. . .
Are you saying the girl you're trying to marry is probably your lost half-sister?
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by daylae(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2010
Still trying to get the upsight, 'll check back.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by H2O2: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2010
You're related by virtue of your aunty's marriage to her father's brother. That is all. In that sense you are not directly related to her.
I would tell you to go for it because it's not so dicey, but proceed with caution. Nigerians nitpick on things like this.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by lonelydude: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2010
Ok, let me put it this way;

My father's half sister who is my aunt got married.
Her husband's niece is whom I'm talking about.

or better still, can you marry from your in-laws' family?
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Mar 06, 2010
lonelydude:

Ok, let me put it this way;

My father's half sister who is my aunt got married.
Her husband's niece is whom I'm talking about.

or better still, can you marry from your in-laws' family?
In that case, you shouldn't marry your Uncle's niece. . .
I think it's absurd marrying from your in-laws family.
Go look for someone else completely unrelated to you for a wife.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by daylae(m): 12:40am On Mar 06, 2010
Gbam
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by SisiKill1: 12:48am On Mar 06, 2010
lonelydude:

Hi guys, Pls, do you think I'm related to this girl?

She is a daughter to my Aunty's husband's brother. [b]This my aunty in question is a half-sister to my brother.[/b]Are we related?

Thanks for you advice.

What now?
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by lonelydude: 12:52am On Mar 06, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

What now?

lol, that was a typo error. Meant to be 'half-sister to my father'
smiley
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by Scooby1(m): 1:22am On Mar 06, 2010
lonelydude, u want 2 keep it in the family huh ?
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by Akinagirl(f): 1:48am On Mar 06, 2010
You guys are not blood related. But its very weird. Move outside the family circle.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by Tatase(f): 2:00am On Mar 06, 2010
I don't see it as weird myself. She's not your blood relative. She's your aunty's husband's relative. If she was your relative, your aunty would not have been able to marry from that family either.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it, unless it's against some rule in your culture. I've know in-laws to marry in Nigeria. In fact two sisters married two brothers (one sister met the groom's brother at her sisters wedding and it started from there) and apart from a few jokes at the second wedding, no one said anything.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by monami2(f): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2010
Some tribe allow it so ask ur father.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by neily(f): 9:00am On Mar 06, 2010
Go ahead and marry her if u like. There is nothing wrong in dat. Since she is not ur blood relative.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by Spyker: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2010
Did any body in your family married from the in laws? If yes, follow soot, you are not the first. But if you are the first, bros, better look else where.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by tpiah: 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2010
if you have to explain too much, then why do people like this kind of wahala.

na you sabi sha.

too much inbreeding going on as it is.
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by madlady(f): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Poster, Seriously, I think this sounds like a cousin.

Is it against any of your laws/traditions?
Re: Can I Marry This Girl - Are We Related? by jens(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2010
U re clean on this case my brother go ahead with her, am right behind u. wink

(1) (Reply)

Possibility / Men We Are Responsible, Its Our Fault! / This One Is For All The Shawties And Homies That Just Had. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.