Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,414 members, 7,978,306 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (27919 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / Why I Speak Big Grammar..........hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by AndreUweh(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
asha 80:

Jakumo is actually the grammar king here.
I think Kosovo and Dede1 has a slight edge over him.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by asha80(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I think Kosovo and Dede1 has a slight edge over him.

nah i have been in nairaland for long and i think jakumo has actually toned down.dede I and kosovo have nothing on jakumo especially the way jakumo grammar rhymes grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by saviola77(m): 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
cut the man some slack;  after all, this is the result of his 20 years of hard work.  wink wink
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nescoemmy(m): 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jakumo:

With Grammar Envy infusing, infesting, intoxicating but yet invigorating my entire physiology right down to the cellular, infinitesimal and microscopic levels ad-nausuem, ad-infinitum, I am left with no other practicable recourse than to OPENLY challenge the Grammar Master Himself, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, to gentleman's duel of linguistic and tautological pyrotechnics, subsequent to which my team of legal luminaries and litigation consultants will strive to conclusively, authoritatively and incontrovertibly establish the locus-standii, modus operandi and nihil carborendum illegitimi that will empower me to rightfully and righteously assume the mantle of Nigertia's Grammar In Chief, a position which naturally supercedes and subsumes all faux-accolades, pseudo-qualifications and quasi-certificates previously showered on the honorable gentleman like so many winter snow flurries in Northern Denmark.

Disgruntled or unpatriotic elements inexplicably tempted to scoff, malign or direct ridicule and approbation at the essential premise of the above paragraph must be advised that while gratuitously verbose diction, prose and oratory have traditionally been regarded as being statistically indicative of innate and often subnconscious predispositions to grandiosity, conceit, bombast, and psychologically manipulative tendencies, that contervailing presupposition is ALSO fundamentally flawed from both statistical and enthnographical standpoints, simply by virtue of the largely argumentative constructs inherent and resultant from the subject matters continual and inexorable metamorphosis away from consideration as an imprecise, ambiguous and esoteric academic subject to be discussed by muttering tweed-clad  professors in the dusty alcoves of academia, and towards being evaluated within the rigid constraints and harsh illumination of  scientifically exhaustive, meticulously analytical regimes, as specified and delineated in conformance with the rigorously explicative approach currently favored by the scientific community.
I don' understand what this guy is saying, i don't think it makes sense even to him.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nescoemmy(m): 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jakumo=Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon= Grammatical disease.
Whats the essence of speaking you aren't communicating.NONSENSE
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jarus(m): 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
grin grin grin

Yeee, Obahiagbon has talked again. . . anytime he talks, all of us roll on the floor, falling on one another in laughter.

Let me print this and review with my friends at home. We always look out for his bombast.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by chic2pimp(m): 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
   NAIRALAND BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!

JAKUMO VS DEDE 1 VS KOSOVO
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
I don't see nothing wrong in going bombastic, if you have the right words. I use bombasts(the very few I know) too when I'm writing, especially when I'm replying an insult or feel strongly about another person's view. I personally value creative sentence construction than using big words, though.

chic2pimp:

NAIRALAND BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!

JAKUMO VS DEDE 1 VS KOSOVO

Much as I'm not freaked at his vocabulary profligacy, I think it's comparison abuse, and matter-of-factly, an insult, putting Jakumo in the same bracket with Kosovo.
Haba, Jakumo knows the meaning of his words and applies them fittingly most times, but Kosovo comes across as someone that just looks into dictionary, digs out any word and applies them, without recourse to its contextual appropriateness. And to make matters worse, his penchant for falling short in simple tenses is irritatingly disturbing. Jakumo takes care of this area well.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by AndreUweh(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jarus:

I don't see nothing wrong in going bombastic, if you have the right words. I use bombasts(the very few I know) too when I'm writing, especially when I'm replying an insult or feel strongly about another person's view. I personally value creative sentence construction than using big words, though.

Much as I'm not freaked at his vocabulary profligacy, I think it's comparison abuse, and matter-of-factly, an insult, putting Jakumo in the same bracket with Kosovo.
Haba, Jakumo knows the meaning of his words and applies them fittingly most times, but Kosovo comes across as someone that just looks into dictionary, digs out any word and applies them, without recourse to its contextual appropriateness. And to make matters worse, his penchant for falling short in simple tenses is irritatingly disturbing. Jakumo takes care of this area well.

How about Dede1?.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by na2day2(m): 3:38am On Mar 09, 2010
i watched one of his interviews and i almost died laughing, some of the words are highly unnecessary
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by bawomolo(m): 4:24am On Mar 09, 2010
anyone who thinks jakumo is copying kosovo has not been reading this section for the past 2 years.

blasphemy
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by bibiking1(m): 4:38am On Mar 09, 2010
Patrick pretty much makes me laugh, and at the same time excited, when he begins his regular bloviations, But my main worry is in the eventual result of his many talk! He was undoubtedly vocal during the "Patricia Etteh" saga, save that incidence he has just been speaking into the maddening whirlwind! Content, relevance and sincerity of purpose (or whatever mutated form one can conjure) really appeals more to me in a political speaker!

As for those who are questioning the indubitable lethal verbosity of our own dear Jakumo, i have only one thing to tell you:, ,,,,,Welcome to Nairaland!
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by MandingoII(m): 4:40am On Mar 09, 2010
he uses his language to make other feel small.

This is intentional and deliberate.

He's hiding low self esteem.

Why "create" a bullshi.t persona?

Because he believes his own is inferior.

Stringing long unknown words to the listener is annoying and causes people to tune you out.

These words are only to be used by the people that know them.

i.e. doctors using medical terminology to doctors.

He's using them on people to belittle them.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by zmurda(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2010
UP Jakumo!
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by spikedcylinder: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2010
bawomolo:

anyone who thinks jakumo is copying kosovo has not been reading this section for the past 2 years.

blasphemy

Thank you. Blasphemy of the highest order.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2010
MandingoII:

he uses his language to make other feel small.

This is intentional and deliberate.

He's hiding low self esteem.

Why "create" a bullshi.t persona?

Because he believes his own is inferior.

Stringing long unknown words to the listener is annoying and causes people to tune you out.

These words are only to be used by the people that know them.

i.e. doctors using medical terminology to doctors.

He's using them on people to belittle them.

Do you even know him?
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by judycons: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2010
I dont Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon is a good communicator at all. The essence of communication is been able to make your understand the message one is conveying. But that is no so with Patrick.

He should watch debates in British paliament, maybe he can learn from them. The British people that are the owner of the english language dont used those words The honourable is using. Even when Queen Elisabeth speaks, she uses standard and modern english words. The English language Hon Patrick is speaking is an old English. Maybe english of two hundred years ago.
He should be told how modern people talk. He should watch Obama, Tony Blair and maybe he can learn from them.

If he speak the way he is speaking to an English man, they are going to think he speaking his native dialect as no one will understand him.

Some should let him know, he is not a good orator but speaking Jagon.

Consty
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by splashbaby(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
honeric01:

Thank you, we like him that way. cool
9ja problem plenty oooo
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
splashbaby:

9ja problem plenty oooo

pick the one you can solve and leave the rest for others ok?
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by tallgal(f): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
The man just speaks in tongues. It was quite amusing when he spoke against people objecting to Goodluck Jonathan as acting president, 'cabodo rejectamenta". I'll be using that one in my prayers to 'bind' and 'loose' from now on,
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by fishaboi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
i just pity the people he's supposed to be representing.
what a waste of legislative space and resources.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by TPS360: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
was watching this dude on watchait.com the other day, dam!, Politically Masterbate their individual agenda, huh?.  political  surgical operation, etc, ", This guy is just full of sh^t,
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by MandingoII(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
Do you even know him?

It only takes 30 seconds to recognize a fraud.

as soon as yo open your mouth, you tell the world who you are.

Basically, what he's saying is, "i'm smarter than you, AND, I'm more assimilated into Western Culture that the rest of you barbarians"

I would have more respect for him IF he was a TEACHER than a useless egotist.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
MandingoII:

It only takes 30 seconds to recognize a fraud.

as soon as yo open your mouth, you tell the world who you are.

Basically, what he's saying is, "i'm smarter than you, AND, I'm more assimilated into Western Culture that the rest of you barbarians"

I would have more respect for him IF he was a TEACHER than a useless egotist.

So this is what you were able to take out from his way of speaking? undecided how about Chris Okotie? undecided
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by youngies(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
Kosovo and Dede1 are NOT in any way in Jakumo's league

Jakumo is an artist, he uses of words is like applying paint brush on a canvas
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by desthan(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
I think he overcompensates his lack of rudimentary english and proper morpho-syntax with synonyms that are usually used in the wrong context
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by na2day2(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
tallgal:

The man just speaks in tongues. It was quite amusing when he spoke against people objecting to Goodluck Jonathan as acting president,[b] 'cabodo rejectamenta". [/b]I'll be using that one in my prayers to 'bind' and 'loose' from now on,

DEATH ! ! ! grin grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by bawomolo(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
youngies:

correct people dey talk. ask the supporters of pastor adeboye how they feel about jakumo the wordsmith grin

TPS360:

was watching this dude on watchait.com the other day, dam!, Politically Masterbate their individual agenda, huh?.  political  surgical operation, etc, ", This guy is just full of sh^t,

shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
bawomolo:

correct people dey talk.   ask the supporters of pastor adeboye how they feel about jakumo the wordsmith  grin

shocked shocked grin grin

do you have anything that actually originated from your own brain, or is jakumo's backside the beginning and end of your gay schizophrenic existence.

the guy must be quite tired of your slobbering for sure.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
*death*
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
tpia.:

do you have anything that actually originated from your own brain, or is jakumo's backside the beginning and end of your gay schizophrenic existence.

the guy must be quite tired of your slobbering for sure.

grin grin grin grin grin grin embarassed
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
youngies:

dede i no sabi grammer jo cheesy - i remember one fine thread where i had so much fun making fun of his english gaffes - that thread was the genesis of debosky's sig - the man who invented grammer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Bauchi NYSC Camp? (Just A Rumor) / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs / Lere Olayinka Lambasts Falana Over Fayose's Frozen account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.