Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:51 AM

Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up (3270 Views)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode / IPOB Member Voting For Catalonia Referendum In Spain Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
So south east is the resources of Nigeria?

Yes the south east is hub of Nigerian Human Resources. But Igboland which is not limited to south east is feeding this country with its oil just like other niger deltans.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Eastfield1: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2017
if you need freedom then be ready to make sacrifice, no one will just give you freedom with just a wave of hand
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by bodejohn(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Yea, if it is Religion and tribalism it is very easy to divide like the case of India and pakistan,singapore and Malaysia.
This countries seeking for Independence are mainly due to resources, the Government feel that if they allow them to go then they will die of hunger. eg
Ambazonia in Cameroon
Kurds in Iraq
Biafra in Nigeria
Casmire in India
Western Sahara in Morocco

The economic resons you are referring to have been badly magnified by tribe and religion even in the cases you listed...
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2017
dabeto:

[color=#006600][/color]

Beyond the oil, a more valuable asset is the seaports.....the shoreline grin

That's doesn't make sense. Having sealine doesn't make you rich automatically. If not, so many African countries won't be poor.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by personal59: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

The former old Eastern Nigeria is made up of the following states now,
Enugu
Anambra
IMO
Abia
Ebonyi
Rivers
Cross River
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
[/b]So compare and contrast and know if the Eastern Nigeria is not the life line of Nigeria.[b]
The Mid- Western Nigeria is not SS but Bendel which is now Edo and Delta state.
Odingo1:

Eastern Nigeria is the life line of Nigeria.
There is nothing like South East in Nigeria Constitution.
What we have in Nigeria is Eastern Nigeria,Northern Nigeria, Western Nigeria and Mid-Western Nigeria.
Geopolitical is of recent during Obj tenure and is not in Constitution.
Odingo1:

Enugu
Anambra
IMO
Abia
Ebonyi
Rivers
Cross River
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
[/b]So compare and contrast and know if the Eastern Nigeria is not the life line of Nigeria.[b]

brother all this your comment is something o, always relating back to 19long ago

wake up brother this is 2017 so many things av changed

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Odingo1: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
See this man!

The same way the present South South went with the Biafra in 1967 or what?

You are sleeping bro. cheesy
Guy you need to read your history, majority part of SS fought on Biafra side, the name Biafra was proposed by an Ijaw man, Mauri Bruce father is an Air force commander in Biafra army, some I jaw,Delta, Edo fought on Nigeria side while many fought on Biafra side.
1 million life's that was lost in that war include SE/SS

3 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by dabeto: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2017
horsepower101:

That's doesn't make sense. Having sealine doesn't make you rich automatically. If not, so many African countries won't be poor.

[color=#006600][/color]

it doesn't.......but it gives you economic advantage.....its serious calamity if you both a land lock and brain lock country
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Tolexander: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Guy you need to read your history, majority part of SS fought on Biafra side, the name Biafra was proposed by an Ijaw man, Mauri Bruce father is an Air force commander in Biafra army, some I jaw,Delta, Edo fought on Nigeria side while many fought on Biafra side.
1 million life's that was lost in that war include SE/SS
sorry, you know nothing about Nigerian history, the reason why I am engaging you like this.

If you know about Nigerian history, I won't engage you this way.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2017
personal59:

brother all this your comment is something o, always relating back to 19long ago

Yes I agree with you that it's now 2017. But the point is that if igbos decide to leave Nigeria, the niger delta minorities won't want to stay. That's why no matter how much Nigerians despise igbos, they will never allow them to leave.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by DLuciano: 8:09am On Oct 02, 2017
201320142015ob:
Biafra has 6 letters. Nigeria has 7 letters. Nigerian civil war was 1967. Buhari has 6 letters and Ojukwu also has 6 letters. Obama has 6 letters. Nigeria has 36 states. There are 3 markets around my area. We have 2 eateries close to my house. By the time you realize that this post has no meaning, it's already too late for you, and you can't do me anything.I just wasted your time, I'm not even at home so you won't even see me to beat
wicked talk cheesy
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:09am On Oct 02, 2017
dabeto:

[color=#006600][/color]

it doesn't.......but it gives you economic advantage.....its serious calamity if you both a land lock and brain lock country

Oh now I see what you are trying to do. You think Igbo land is landlovked so they can't leave Nigeria because of it..lol

Even the so called south east is not land locked not to talk of Igbo land as a whole.

By the way the north is the real land locked region and that's why they will never let go of control for Lagos port.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Odingo1: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2017
personal59:

[/b]What have change in Nigeria.[b]
North always tell you that they have only one Northern Nigeria.Can you tell the northerners to divide the north into NE/NC and NW, it is only in Southern Nigeria you see much division between the SE/SS and SW geopolitical zone which emaneted of recent from PDP rule.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
See this man!

The same way the present South South went with the Biafra in 1967 or what?

You are sleeping bro. cheesy

You're scared.. really scared of Biafra.. you scared of losing the oil states and communities..if biafra should go.

you know the truth.. simply.. if biafra becomes a nation.. the IZON nation will rise.
you people are wicked dubious scammers..is biafra today..

but soon.. the youth of those communities will ask Questions with no answers.. and your fears will turn real.

you can keep taunting.. but don't ever be deceive that this country will survive.

we both know..

3 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2017
bonnylight003:

You're scared.. really scared of Biafra.. you scared of losing the oil states and communities..if biafra should go.

you know the truth.. simply.. if biafra becomes a nation.. the IZON nation will rise.
you people are wicked dubious scammers..is biafra today..

but soon.. the youth of those communities will ask Questions with no answers.. and your fears will turn real.

you can keep taunting.. but don't ever be deceive that this country will survive.

we both know..

The moment oil runs dry or becomes worthless, no body will ever mention niger delta again. They will be dumped politically in Nigeria. Electric car is coming soon.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by God2man(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2017
As if the break up will make the world a better place.

The world is becoming unbearable, things are getting out of hand.

The wicked will wax stronger and stronger so says the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Odingo1: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2017
God2man:

At least people who feel they can do better without the other should be allow to go.Marriage is not by force and living together without love will result to no meaningful development and waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2017
God2man:

With all due respect, Is Nigerian unity making the world a better place? Or to its citizens lives?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

At least people who feel they can do better without the other should be allow to go.Marriage is not by force and living together without love will result to no meaningful development and waste of time.

Nigeria will never develop. People think that development can come to a country where their citizens lack patriotism. Nigerians don't have patriotism for Nigeria. You can't force patriotism on people either.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Ngokafor(f): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Nigeria has the opportunity to be a super power and Africa's numero uno advocate If she remains one, united and indivisible entity.

Agitations for a sovereign state of whatever is based on bad politics, selfishness, myopia and wishful thinking.

We have some reckoning in the world today Because of our sheer number.

What is left is for us to get rid of these current crop of "leaders" and get in place people who are selfless and know How to manage resources both human and natural to lift everyone out of this doldrums.

Most new nations these days are borne out of idealistic and wishful thinking and desires.

"Biafrans" think their path to glory is being blocked by other tribes in Nigeria. Yet for the past 17 or so years of democracy, their leaders have shown the same level of greed, rapaciousness and insensitivity that is so common among Nigerian politicians.

We shouldn't be fighting ourselves, we should band together and form a formidable force to chase away all these so-called leaders who have mortgaged the future of the unborn children of the common man.

Biafra won't be any better than Nigeria. It probably will be worse. Even within the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, there's still discrimination.

Mere wishful thinking completely different from realities on ground sums up your post..'Should' is completely different from 'is'..Nigeria has beenretrogressing from independence till date..The tribes therein increasingly dislike one another hence the collective non-chalance on the growth of this nation..

..For Nigeria to grow,majority of her citizens has to have passion for her betterment in all spheres...but i do not see that happening anywhere off-line..no need sugar-coating anything..Rhetorics and lip-service about patrotism on social media by people who love to fool themselves is all i see.

...besides as a Yorubaman,the fate of Biafra after her exit from Nigeria should be more of concern to the Igboman than you..

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by senatorizyking(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

You spoke well, but unfortunately South East is blocked from receiving anything good in Nigeria by the FG.
South Africa have a rail line that covers the whole country, 6 Standard International Airport that you can use to land in any part of south Africa, 7 standard sea port that cut across the country.
What is preventing FG to have one standard international Airport in the east, one sea port, railway in the east and you want them to be happy in Nigeria.
FG will build rail line in Nigeria and cut off the SE

Unity beggars won't answer this question above,

Shaking my head...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Olabestonic001(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Eastern Nigeria is the life line of Nigeria.
There is nothing like South East in Nigeria Constitution.
What we have in Nigeria is Eastern Nigeria,Northern Nigeria, Western Nigeria and Mid-Western Nigeria.
Geopolitical is of recent during Obj tenure and is not in Constitution.

There really is SE as that was one of the reason for the sabotage during the Civil war. The dominant tribe then had the least natural resources, landmass and water bodies while the tribes with greater resources have low human capital. Fearing (genuinely) domination by a tribe with only little resources, they had little option but to join Nigeria to break loose.
Eastern Nigeria was NEVER a fair enclave but an imbalance one.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Olabestonic001:

There really is SE as that was one of the reason for the sabotage during the Civil war. The dominant tribe then had the least natural resources, landmass and water bodies while the tribes with greater resources have low human capital. Fearing (genuinely) domination by a tribe with only little resources, they had little option but to join Nigeria to break loose.
Saro Wiwa and co can tell you more about the imbalance and corruption of Nigeria as a whole

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2017
South Korea and Malaysia used to be poorer than Nigeria in the 60s. Today they have true development because they are TRUE countries where their citizens feel that everyone belongs. I have watched documentaries of those countries and shake my head for Nigeria.

In Nigeria there are the untouchables who control the military to perpetuate their system of exploitation and they also have their cheering fans clapping for them.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Olabestonic001:

But there are igbos in the south south. It's not like igbos start and end in the south east. Unless you are trying to play Nigerian politics on me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by dabeto: 9:08am On Oct 02, 2017
horsepower101:

But there are igbos in the south south. It's not like igbos start and end in the south east. Unless you are trying to play Nigerian politics on me.

[color=#006600][/color]

Igbo should be seen as a nation and not a tribe to give a perfect understanding of its constituents and Biafra is that enclave or country that will accommodate the different nationalities........ cool
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by horsepower101: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2017
dabeto:

[color=#006600][/color]

Igbo should be seen as a nation and not a tribe to give a perfect understanding of its constituents and Biafra is that enclave or country that will accommodate the different nationalities........ cool

Yes, Igbo is both a nation and ethnic group ( not tribe) of 45 to 50 million. Mind you, there are so many countries that are not up to 1 million people.

The idea of Biafra according to IPOB is to form a country made up of nations voluntarily. It's called a confederation.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=Ngokafor post=61025208]

Mere wishful thinking completely different from realities on ground sums up your post..'Should' is completely different from 'is'..Nigeria has beenretrogressing from independence till date..The tribes therein increasingly dislike one another hence the collective non-chalance on the growth of this nation..

The only tribe that dislikes other tribes is actually yours and I'm not saying this out of spite. Igboslive and make their living in the west without any issues, yet does that stop the online vituperation? No. Sadly enough, each major tribe is as deeply divided as Nigeria currently is. Won't be surprised If Biafra, after a few years divides again.

..For Nigeria to grow,majority of her citizens has to have passion for her betterment in all spheres...but i do not see that happening anywhere off-line..no need sugar-coating anything..Rhetorics and lip-service about patrotism on social media by people who love to fool themselves is all i see.

I think you're speaking for yourself and some others here who have been swayed with negative propaganda about the roles played by various ethnic groups in the civil war. Doesn't mean you're in the majority.
That you don't feel particularly patriotic doesn't mean that others who do aren't sincere.

...besides as a Yorubaman,the fate of Biafra after her exit from Nigeria should be more of concern to the Igboman than you..

The fate of Biafra after their exit doesn't concern me in the least. Was just responding to the original post. I do have that right on Nairaland, don't I?
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2017
horsepower101:

Nigeria is not even a country in the real sense Talkless of super power. Lol

Nigeria existense is simply to share oil money.

Don't come here to pretend

That's your own opinion. Even though it's totally wrong, I respect your right to lay claim to it.

The only thing I can do is to try and educate you.

What is a country in "the real sense of the word"?

There are citizens of the united states who feel the US isn't really a country anyway. Does that stop the US from being a country?

You scoff at the idea of Nigeria being a country. You probably know naught. And your insinuation is a slap against the good our military has wrought in the subsaharan African region.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by bakynes(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2017
horsepower101:

Yes, Igbo is both a nation and ethnic group ( not tribe) of 45 to 50 million. Mind you, there are so many countries that are not up to 1 million people.

The idea of Biafra according to IPOB is to form a country made up of nations voluntarily. It's called a confederation.
If Igbos are to be sincere in this agitation for Biafra is better to go as one tribe country for the Igbos, a Biafra with Minorities will end up as Nigeria, injustice and unfairness will also raise their ugly head in future. Because Igbos being the majority will fill up most of the important positions.

I have looked at the whole scenario, the over 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria and I have decided it's better we keep Nigeria but let everyone live in a mini-country of its own within a bigger country called Nigeria, let us go back to Regionalism.

If we balkanize Nigeria, how many countries do you want to split the country into?
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by MasterofNL: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2017
horsepower101:

But what happens when the oil uniting us run out or becomes worthless on the world market. Some people don't see past their noses.

Well, until then.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Enugu
Anambra
IMO
Abia
Ebonyi
Rivers
Cross River
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom

Then I stand to be corrected.

But ofcourse you're not insinuating that Biafra is going to be made up of these states, are you? Because using the phrase old Eastern Nigeria is a misnomer.
I think we both know that old Eastern Nigeria doesn't exist anymore.

So in that light, let's consider the south eastern region of the country made up of 5 states.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by DaBullIT(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Have you been in a condition of losing your life line before(I mean source of income),then you will understand.Most of the region trying to break away are the life line of the country.The funny part of it is that this regions are normally shortchanged and those shortchanging them are backed by world powers to steal their resources.The region that have nothing will sell their resources at give away to western powers and eat from crumps that fall from the table of the world powers.

How is Catalonia Spain's lifeline?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Fela Anikulapo Kuti Quotes / BREAKING NEWS: Imohimi Edgal To Step Down As Lagos’ CP / Can A Nigerian News Organization Say This About Buhari? (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.