Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up (3259 Views)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode / IPOB Member Voting For Catalonia Referendum In Spain Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

You spoke well, but unfortunately South East is blocked from receiving anything good in Nigeria by the FG.
South Africa have a rail line that covers the whole country, 6 Standard International Airport that you can use to land in any part of south Africa, 7 standard sea port that cut across the country.
What is preventing FG to have one standard international Airport in the east, one sea port, railway in the east and you want them to be happy in Nigeria.
FG will build rail line in Nigeria and cut off the SE

Let me give you an example here. During Jonathan's tenure, the minister of aviation was an Igbo lady, Stella Oduah. She awarded the contract for the international airport in Enugu. The rest is history now. You guys are still agitating for a functional international airport years later Because she did a poor job. Eventually who benefitted from that contract? Only the elites who shared the money and gave you a substandard airport.

That's why I said the issues aren't tribal or religious. The Nigerian masses should come together irrespective of ethnic or religious differences and take back their collective destiny. We either sink or swim together. Politicians share money irrespective of ethnic and religious differences But we the masses live and die for ethnic and religious differences. Sad.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Malawian(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2017
jakD:
Would you easily allow your child go if he told you he was tired of you being his mother?
read the Bible about the parable of the prodigal son.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2017
dabeto:

[color=#006600][/color]

Good submission. But the question is, where do we get the angels to run the government? In the absence of this, the situation remains and the agitations continue. Living life in circle!

Life is a vicious circle in Nigeria because we allow it. The system encourages corruption. We go about our daily duties with an i-dont-care attitude. The politicians have free rein to steal and loot to their hearts' content. But we don't care. As long as we can manage three meals daily, drive second-hand cars and do owambe parties every weekend, then all is well with the world.

We are all arm-chair critics.

We don't need angels to run the government. We need a system that polices itself and can run itself even If we have dullards as leaders.

We can only have such a system If we push vigorously for it. The question is, can we?

1 Like

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Malawian(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2017
"I trust in your salvation o Lord" find out where it is in the Bible and what is is all about. your destruction will be Swift and ruthless.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Ngokafor(f): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=61026502][/quote]

There is no need to lie and play to the gallery oga..The average person from your tribe does not like mine and vice versa.Facts are sacrosant and truth is golden...Dont even get me started on the north...The difference is that i admit it while you pretend all is well.,yet your hate-filled posts against Igbos litter this forum...but that is besides the point..

I do no t want to go into the well-worn talk about how my people flood the West cos its boring..

I make bold to say that if you lots from the SW,the entire north and Middle-belt loves this country and are patrottic except Igbos..it wont be the cess-pit she has degenerated into over the years..period...besides you cant force patroticism or love on anyone..It comes naturally oga..it comes naturally.

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Ngokafor:

There is no need to lie and play to the gallery oga..The average person from your tribe does not like mine and vice versa.Facts are sacrosant and truth is golden...Dont even get me started on the north...The difference is that i admit it while you pretend all is well.,yet your hate-filled posts against Igbos litter this forum...but that is besides the point..

I do no t want to go into the well-worn talk about how my people flood the West cos its boring..

I make bold to say that if you lots from the SW,the entire north and Middle-belt loves this country and are patrottic except Igbos..it wont be the cess-pit she has degenerated into over the years..period...besides you cant force patroticism or love on anyone..It comes naturally oga..it comes naturally.

Typical!

Blame everybody But yourselves. You are the golden race, the perfect tribe. #smh

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Intrepid01(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
Brother, you must have been sleeping since 1967!

Wake up, this is 2017!

Lol...I laughed when I saw the poo he typed as well...if indeed he's bn sleeping since 1967, then it is safe to say he slept the sleep of death....
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Sanchez01: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

The former old Eastern Nigeria is made up of the following states now,
Enugu
Anambra
IMO
Abia
Ebonyi
Rivers
Cross River
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
[/b]So compare and contrast and know if the Eastern Nigeria is not the life line of Nigeria.[b]
The Mid- Western Nigeria is not SS but Bendel which is now Edo and Delta state.
I know you guys are afraid of seceding without oil producing states, just as you are not ready for Biafra. Catalonia is made up of a people who speak one language and share just one cultural heritage. The Old Eastern region is flawed just as the Nigerian system.

If given the chance today, you would only leave with your five Eastern states and a tiny fraction of Delta and Rivers. Sad but true.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by zombieHUNTER: 10:20am On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
So south east is the resources of Nigeria?
More reason you should support biafra...
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by SlayerForever: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2017
[s]
ElsonMorali:

Eastern Nigeria is not the lifeline of Nigeria. No offence meant. Right now, the mid western, middle belt and western Nigeria are what is holding up Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong. Every part of Nigeria of Nigeria is important and needed, But holding up Nigeria right now are the parts that provide the major income earning (mid west today known as south south), agriculture (middle belt today known as north central) industry (west today known as southwest).

Other parts contribute their own quota too and the eastern part No less (trade). But unfortunately that trade is not trade with other countries But importing goods into Nigeria which is what Nigeria needs less of right now.
[/s]

Midwest is today's south south? God!

Why are Yoruba people like this?
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by SlayerForever: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Odingo1:

The former old Eastern Nigeria is made up of the following states now,
Enugu
Anambra
IMO
Abia
Ebonyi
Rivers
Cross River
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
[/b]So compare and contrast and know if the Eastern Nigeria is not the life line of Nigeria.[b]
The Mid- Western Nigeria is not SS but Bendel which is now Edo and Delta state.

He deliberately twisted the truth my brother. It is such a shame.
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by ElsonMorali: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
SlayerForever:

[s]Midwest is today's south south? God!

Why are Yoruba people like this?[/s]

Why are Igbo people bent on annexing other minor ethnic groups? angry
Re: Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up by Olabestonic001(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
giftq:

Saro Wiwa and co can tell you more about the imbalance and corruption of Nigeria as a whole

Does that make the Eastern Region a fair one?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMO state newly appointed commissioners and there portfolios / Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo / 2023: I Pity A Southern President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.