Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (28499 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / 377 Cooperatives In Edo To Benefit From CBN N143m Intervention Fund / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ud4u: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2010
Government should provide a lasting solution to this problem, or do they have interest in it you never can tell.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2010
My heart-felt sympathy for the dead, injured, lost and devastated. Muslim and Christian.

It is at times like this we should ask ourselves hard questions and not make obvious statements which border on either irrationality, anger or stupidity.

There have been worst religious and ethnic clashes since 1985 to yesterday and there have been reprisals and counter reprisals with each regime from Military to "Democrazy"

1: What has been the government's action plan to ensure that a forum is setup to understand core grievances and settle them in due course
2: Was there a report detailing the true nature of the friction between Jos-Muslim North and Jos-Christian South. is it religious, ethnic, political or economical.
3: Why is no one held responsible but hundreds more civilians are executed in broad daylight by military and police force without re-course to justice as provided for in our bastardized constitution.

We always forget to ask questions or do we just secretly accept what goes on and happily smile in our hearts and say "Serves them right"

We forget that all seating/unseated senators/reps governors/council chairmen and local councilors owe us the responsibility of governing this potentially great black nation but barely come up with 10% positive initiatives since the days of Shehu Shagari. (It has been downhill ever-since)

We sit back and welcome the corrupt elections where we get to laugh at people abuse each other, wonder at how well and mysterious assassinations are carried out and marvel at the wealthy as they bait us with cheap money to bribe our conscience,
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

My heart-felt sympathy for the dead, injured, lost and devastated. Muslim and Christian.

It is at times like this we should ask ourselves hard questions and not make obvious statements which border on either irrationality, anger or stupidity.

There have been worst religious and ethnic clashes since 1985 to yesterday and there have been reprisals and counter reprisals with each regime from Military to "Democrazy"

1: What has been the government's action plan to ensure that a forum is setup to understand core grievances and settle them in due course
2: Was there a report detailing the true nature of the friction between Jos-Muslim North and Jos-Christian South. is it religious, ethnic, political or economical.
3: Why is no one held responsible but hundreds more civilians are executed in broad daylight by military and police force without re-course to justice as provided for in our bastardized constitution.

We always forget to ask questions or do we just secretly accept what goes on and happily smile in our hearts and say "Serves them right"

We forget that all seating/unseated senators/reps governors/council chairmen and local councilors owe us the responsibility of governing this potentially great black nation but barely come up with 10% positive initiatives since the days of Shehu Shagari. (It has been downhill ever-since)

We sit back and welcome the corrupt elections where we get to laugh at people abuse each other, wonder at how well and mysterious assassinations are carried out and marvel at the wealthy as they bait us with cheap money to bribe our conscience,

This is a JIHAD, Period !!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by adconline(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
We have these killings every month because Nigeria has vehemently refused to prosecute and punish past perpetrators. Nigeria has also refused to call it " Islamic fundamentalism but for political correctness, it has always been called religious conflict, again choosing religion over millions of folks that have been affected by these fundamentalists. Nigeria prefers that blood of her citizens is sacrificed in order to appease a few sacred fundamentalists.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
PLEASE LEAVE THIS FUCKING MUSLIM PEOPLE AWAY FROM NIGERIA

THERE IS NOTHING THEY ARE EVEN DOING TO THE COUNTRY POSITIVELY.

REMEMBER FAROK, BORNO KANO, NOW JOS AND JOS

GOD IN HEAVEN WILL JUDGE.

Bleep YOU ALL cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
Divide the damn country already!!! angry

Yoruba Muslims do not act this way. Ghanaian Muslims do not act this way. Only these Northern extremist act this way!

Divide it already!!!

Give us a referendum! If Sudan can have it, why can't Nigeria
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Parnassuss(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ Frosbel, you sit there and vehemently condemn those you don't understand. No matter the amount of abuse or blame that we heap on the "North", it does not provide a way out of all this, shouting on this page only shows the cowardice in all of you, do you dare sumtin or are you all satisfied to rant in the safety of your homes. Go out and proffer meaningful aid and solution keeping in mind that Northerners too are dying everyday in that town, with there bodies buried most irreverently.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
Parnassuss:

@ Frosbel, you sit there and vehemently condemn those you don't understand. No matter the amount of abuse or blame that we heap on the "North", it does not provide a way out of all this, shouting on this page only shows the cowardice in all of you, do you dare sumtin or are you all satisfied to rant in the safety of your homes. Go out and proffer meaningful aid and solution keeping in mind that Northerners too are dying everyday in that town, with there bodies buried most irreverently.

Thank you Mr. political Correctness, if you read my posts I mentioned or rather used the words, Jihadists, extremistS or fanatical muslims, I DID NOT USE THE WORD MUSLIM as a general rule.

So get your facts RIGHT!!!

And by the way I have lived in the North and also served my NYSC in Kano so I know what I am talking about.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by rhymz(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
kosovo:

Most humans think he/she is superior to the next person, that's pathetic if you ask me.
  your case is not different from that myopic ideology
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by mimiiii: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
nairalanders dnt be confused , dis r all means to divert our attention again,dis riot is don by the rich , wicked ppl
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by tassmal(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
@frosbel, technically they are always muslims, so whats the fear. if muslims dont want us to say islam is devilish, they should speak to their brothers and sisters o.
we cant sleep again. women and children dont you people have shame!!!
people find correct gist from www.veracityjos.com this are guys on the ground like you and me reporting it as it is happening
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Gayigaskia(m): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
i Remember last time around when it was the Muslims that were attacked and killed , many people here on this forum have celebrated that fact. So now that the Christians have been killed we must divide the country as if there is no cases of barbarisms in the south. just this week a Yoruba guy butchered his nefew, arm robbers lay people on a paved road and run over them with a tractor trailer. This is happening because our leadership has failed. when i say leadership i'am not just talking about the fat lazy politicians in Abuja, but the head of communities around the country. Where do you think such barbarics acts can happen over and over again on the watchful eyes of the authorities with no collaborate effort from the government to fix the problem once and for all?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bibiking1(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Gayigaskia:

i Remember last time around when it was the Muslims that were attacked and killed , many people here on this forum have celebrated that fact. So now that the Christians have been killed we must divide the country as if there is no cases of barbarisms in the south. just this week a Yoruba guy butchered his[b] nefew[/b], arm robbers lay people on a paved road and run over them with a tractor trailer. This is happening because our leadership has failed. when i say leadership i'am not just talking about the fat lazy politicians in Abuja, but the head of communities around the country. Where do you think such barbarics acts can happen over and over again on the watchful eyes of the authorities with no collaborate effort from the government to fix the problem once and for all?

Why would you insist on a one Nigeria when it is becoming more and more evident that the illusionary fabric of unity has faded away with the mirage of that concept? The country is breathing harder now, and in not too distant a time it would disintegrate in a forceful explosion, rather than be part of that awful debacle that would of course involve a more widespread loss of human lives we can sit down now and conduct a peaceful dissection of the forced entity called Nigeria!

and for the highlighted part, i believe the first one is a typographical error, but the second highlighted part is clearly erroneous on your part. we all know the robbers on that highway are mainly northerners! I have been a victim of a highway robbery before and the Hausa was distinct and clear! God saved me for they were barbarians
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by morgist(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
ActiveMan:

PLEASE LEAVE THIS bleeping MUSLIM PEOPLE AWAY FROM NIGERIA

THERE IS NOTHING THEY ARE EVEN DOING TO THE COUNTRY POSITIVELY.

REMEMBER FAROK, BORNO KANO, NOW JOS AND JOS

GOD IN HEAVEN WILL JUDGE.

bleep YOU ALL cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
frosbel:

Okay I know your type, people who call Islam a religion of peace, when the evidence is there to prove otherwise.

Islam is the MOST VIOLENT RELIGION on planet earth.

Please do some research :

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Islam is a cancer with no cure , Only God has the cure and it will be applied very soon.

@ ezeuche
@frosbel an co , you guys are silly
stop abusing ISLAM

AND FOR THOSE WHO WERE KILLED THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING WE WILL ALL BURNT YOU DOWN TO ASHES

FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
tassmal:

@frosbel,  technically they are always muslims,  so whats the fear. if muslims dont want us to say islam is devilish,  they should speak to their brothers and sisters o.
we cant sleep again. women and children dont you people have shame!!!
people find correct gist from www.veracityjos.com this are guys on the ground like you and me reporting it as it is happening

My dear nobody can shut me up, I have done so much research worldwide from Iran to Pakistan, from Sudan to Algeria and I can only conclude that we are in the midst of a Jihad which I agree is enhanced by poverty and misery in the case of Nigeria but Jihad nevertheless.

Our problem is Political Correctness, look at the case of Fort Hood in the US when a fellow muslim soilder massacred 13 soilders.

Watch this Video for what they are also doing to Christians in EGYPT.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FEPeutY5AY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&w=500&h=600[/flash]
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by snowdrops(m): 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
No one can deny the fact that there WILL BE SERIOUS REPRISAL ATTACKS against the Muslims in Jos.

They should all sleep with one eye open, because destruction looks inevitable
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Isaacsandy: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
morgist:

@ ezeuche
stop abusing ISLAM

AND FOR THOSE WHO WERE KILLED THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING WE WILL ALL BURNT YOU DOWN TO ASHES

FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS

Morgist: YOU WILL NOT LIVE TO SEE WHEN THE OPPRESSED SHALL RETARIATE,
YOU'RE HEARTLESS! NA YOUR OWN DESCENDANTS YOU GO BURN TO ASHES!
SEE WHO DEY CALL PERSON FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS, TO KILL A FELLOW HUMAN BEING,  IS IT NOT ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNES MULTIPLY BY STUPIDTY SQUARED BY WICKEDNESS =DEVIL!

I'M NOT AGAINST ANY RELIGION OR BELIEF BUT I'M STRONGLY AGAINST KILLING OF INNOCENT SOULS.
IF YOU THINK YOU DON'T LIKE OTHER RELIGION THEN PRAY TO YOUR god to remove other religion atleast the god knows other once was existing.

MORGIST I DON'T BLAME YOU BUT I STRONLGY BELIEVE THAT SAUL WILL ONE DAY TURN TO PAUL, THATS IF YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
MAY ALMIGHY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU! AMEN!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bibiking1(m): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
morgist:

@ ezeuche
@frosbel an co ,  you guys are silly
stop abusing ISLAM

FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS

ooh!! groovy,,,i'm thinking this guy,,,,you know you fantastic.,,,,,where the hell have you been all this while?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by jice(m): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
Reply them fire for fire and these nosense will stop
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
Something has to be done . . . .This cant be allowed to continue
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
jice:

Reply them fire for fire and these nosense will stop

Will that solve the prob?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Isaacsandy: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Quote from: morgist on Today at 03:03:18 PM
@ ezeuche
stop abusing ISLAM

FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS

SEE WHO DEY CALL PERSON FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS, TO KILL A FELLOW HUMAN BEING, IS IT NOT ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNES MULTIPLY BY STUPIDTY SQUARED BY WICKEDNESS =DEVIL!

I'M NOT AGAINST ANY RELIGION OR BELIEF BUT I'M STRONGLY AGAINST KILLING OF INNOCENT SOULS.
IF YOU THINK YOU DON'T LIKE OTHER RELIGION THEN PRAY TO YOUR god to remove other religion atleast the god knows other once was existing.

MORGIST I DON'T BLAME YOU BUT I STRONLGY BELIEVE THAT SAUL WILL ONE DAY TURN TO PAUL, THATS IF YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by jice(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Then fold your hands and face extinction!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2010
Isaacsandy:

Quote from: morgist on Today at 03:03:18 PM
@ ezeuche
stop abusing ISLAM

FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS

SEE WHO DEY CALL PERSON FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS, TO KILL A FELLOW HUMAN BEING, IS IT NOT ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNES MULTIPLY BY STUPIDTY SQUARED BY WICKEDNESS =DEVIL!

This is hard to believe that someone could say this . . . . . That is if this is true.
jice:

Then fold your hands and face extinction!!!!!!!!!!

But what will killing other people do ?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Will that solve the prob?

Not at all, fire for fire has never resolved anything.

BUT innocent women, chldren and men need to be protected.

One of the basic rights we Nigerians should have is security and protection of our lives and property.

This governent cannot provide that basic right and so we have to enlighten people not just to avoid retaliating but to understand that here is indeed an imminent threat and they need to be vigilant, prayerful and godly in this present hour.

These Jihadists are out to kill and dominate not to make friends or peace for that matter.

Lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by jumobi1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hmm. Nigeria is just a mess. Where does one start from when trying to solve these issues?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by edoyad(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
It is impossible for a country of so called 50-50 in christian and muslim population to exist, just impossible. The more progressive islam in the south west and south south is possible to live unlike the backwardness that the hausa people have been cursed with. Have you been to see any fully hausa state in your life ? Those places are like big villages that's why they're always running to other states to try to make a living for themselves. They do not believe in education, female liberation and many other values normal people cherish and so are threatened by development that's why they resist simple things like immunisation and family planning- your hausa gateman probably has 4 wives and 17 children with none of them going to school.
How is it possible to co-exist with such a draconian mindset ? As for the recent trouble i know it is the calculated way of Danbazau and Ruma to try and prevent Jonathan from ascending that seat cos they know it will gone for a long time. Regardless the protests will go on and Jonathan will become full president whether your dinosauric Sultan likes it or not.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Isaacsandy: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ Fhemmy, it was Morgist Bin Laden that said it, i quoted him
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by jumobi1(m): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
Education is key though cos no educated person would act this barbaric.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
frosbel:

Not at all, fire for fire has never resolved anything.

BUT innocent women, chldren and men need to be protected.

One of the basic rights we Nigerians should have is security and protection of our lives and property.

This governent cannot provide that basic right and so we have to enlighten people not just to avoid retaliating but to understand that here is indeed an imminent threat and they need to be vigilant, prayerful and godly in this present hour.

These Jihadists are out to kill and dominate not to make friends or peace for that matter.

Lets call a spade a spade.

Yeah . . . . However, protection dont really mean killing other people.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
Isaacsandy:

@ Fhemmy, it was Morgist Bin Laden that said it, i quoted him

Then, that is sad
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by jice(m): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
Abraham prayed but his Cousin was taken

David Prayed and same happened?

Where is the graet evangelistical work of Paul.

All taken by sword.

Have you been told how France was not Islamized?

Keep you hands folded and reap what you  sow.

Why is there a relative oeace in Kaduna today- all human are from God and to God we go.

Let the prayer warriors pray and the fighters fight and let's have one Nigeria devoid of ethnic or religious rancours,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Boko Haram Agreed To Swap Chibok Girls With Arrested Bomb Expert — Buhari / Senators, Reps Collecting Signatures To Impeach Buhari - The Cable / Wike On Insecurity: Governors Only Running To Abuja To Take Photos With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.