Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,444 members, 7,888,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:29 AM

Continous Restarting: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Continous Restarting: (879 Views)

Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting / My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / My Laptop Keeps Restarting After Hp Logo Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continous Restarting: by zogo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2010
pls help my system is just tripping off and restarting, i have formated the HDD, changed the RAM, and changed the hard disk, yet it still restarts. pls ur suport. tenx
Re: Continous Restarting: by routik(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2010
if it is not a laptop, them check the power pack connections especially the one that gives power to the hard disk, or try another power pack on it.
Re: Continous Restarting: by techJ: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2010
It is most like to be the result of sudden turning off of your system, which has cause your operating system files to be broken into tiny clusters. When the computer is booting, the Operating System lose track of the remaining "tiny" clusters and as a result stops and start the booting process all over again.

If the damage done by power outage to the OS is not much, you only need to remove the hard drive and connect it to another system either as a primary slave or a secondary master/slave. the system will boot and run scandisk which look for the broken clusters and reassembles them back the way they should be.

If the damage done to the Operating System is much, then you need to reload the operating system. But you can copy you files by slaving the hard drive to another system and copy the files to that system before formatting and reloading the operating system.
Re: Continous Restarting: by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2010
hmmmnn, dude said he has formatted the hd, changed the ram!

where deji 2009 -forever? over to him.

simply put u have a faulty component. period, how to find out which one? ask deji
Re: Continous Restarting: by deji2009(m): 9:19pm On Mar 07, 2010
zogo:

pls help my system is just tripping off and restarting, i have formated the HDD, changed the RAM, and changed the hard disk, yet it still restarts.  pls your suport. tenx

Hello Zogo,

Thank you for the above enquiry for i and my colleagues to be of help, we would like to know
operating system type and make of your computer. e.g. vista HP 530.

I take is windows xp due to is popularity. This can either be a hardware or a software problem.
Restart your computer and keep pressing either[b] f2, f1, delete[/b] until you get to Bios setup utility

known as the blue screen. make sure your charger is plugged in if you are using a laptop, leave it
on that blue screen and see if is going to shutdown. Have you ever disable anything in the bio[/b]s e.g. from

ACHI to IDE. verify your fan are working and usb/dc ports are not damage. Here's a clue.[b] when is booting up what can you
see on the screen
? e.g. blank then restart, windows logo then shutdown etc

Are you using a UPS and when was the last time the computer was working fine ? Good luck
Re: Continous Restarting: by deji2009(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2010
4llerbuntu:

hmmmnn, dude said he has formatted the hd, changed the ram!

where deji 2009 -forever? over to him.

simply put u have a faulty component. period, how to find out which one? ask deji

If you are using a PC and you are comfortable/confident enough to open your
computer then go ahead. I would suggest you wear anti-static wrist strap and
avoid doing this on a carpet.

Remove all components such as ram, hdd, wifi card, vga card, fan, cpu cd everything else attached
and make sure there is power going to the mobotherboard. power up the computer with the
motherboard on is own and see if will restart. put the cpu back in then try. this as far as i can go since
we don't make of your computer. laptop or a pc. good luck
Re: Continous Restarting: by routik(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2010
@ poster we are still waiting for your reply.
hello deji2009, its been long, i have not been around for sometime but i think am back now and miss all the tech guys here, how is work ?
Re: Continous Restarting: by Rightworld(m): 3:40am On Mar 09, 2010
Were u at middle of software installation then have power outage? then u exeprience blue screen of death (BSD) with error code. Before u format the system and load new os ? If yes, i have the solution b'cos something of that nature happen to me and i was able solve it without losing any of my file. If u need my assistant, Contact me @ ollymorex@gmail.com
Re: Continous Restarting: by routik(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
Were u at middle of software installation then have power outage? then u exeprience blue screen of death (BSD) with error code. Before u format the system and load new os ? If yes, i have the solution b'cos something of that nature happen to me and i was able solve it without losing any of my file. If u need my assistant, Contact me @ ollymorex@gmail.com
This is what i hate about some people in forum, if you don't have anything to offer him in public here why replying at first ?
Re: Continous Restarting: by Rightworld(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
Collins456, if i don't have sollution to the error u may incured from what i stated in my post i wouldn't have respond to this SOS call.
Re: Continous Restarting: by routik(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
i was able solve it without losing any of my file
he is not asking you to help him not to loose his files, he has formatted and done some other stuffs, still the system is still showing blue screen instead of you to contribute in anyway that will be helpful to him, you are now seeking for special attention. lets be realistic.
Re: Continous Restarting: by Wealth2010: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
i commend ur response here. The system runs on win xp. i have been able to disconnect all internal devices except the CPU/processor & fan cos i gues its attached parmenently to the motherboard.
Re: Continous Restarting: by Rightworld(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2010
Insert the window operating system disc and boot from “cd”. When you get to (Reformat or Repair disc) type “R” and it will took you to recovery console and in there type (CHKDSK) after few minutes it came with results, and then after this type in “FIXBOOT” and press enter. This command makes a new startup sector on the system partition.
Type in exit and it restart your computer. After your restart it will ask if you want to start your computer in safe mode, regular mode and other mode. Highlight “Last known good configuration and after that your computer start normally no BSOD problem or error.

If these solve the problem don’t hesitate to post your testimony here.

ollymorex@gmail.cm

Source:http://www.freeinformationonhow.com
Re: Continous Restarting: by Tjad: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2010
I am having similar problem-when i put on my computer, after displaying windows xp , a blue screen suddenly appears and dissappears, in the next one second, making it diffucult to see what it is displaying. So i took my phone and video/recorded the whole process. I managed to see this on the blue screen.- UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME. what does that mean and what should i do. DEJI AND OTHER TECHNICIANS IN THE HOUSE, PLS HELP ME.
Re: Continous Restarting: by N9528GB: 7:36am On Mar 13, 2010
Check your Cooling fan and blow out the just in your pc.
Re: Continous Restarting: by N9528GB: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2010
zogo:

pls help my system is just tripping off and restarting, i have formated the HDD, changed the RAM, and changed the hard disk, yet it still restarts. pls your suport. tenx

I did that above but no result, I decided to take note of my processor Temperature because the fan seems to be working perfectly. I decided to take note of the temperature of my processor since the cooling fan are working, I downloaded a software called speed fan. It monitors the temperature of your processor, I later found out that my processor was the problem so I switched it with another which is working fine so far I have used my laptop for 3hours and it has not restarted for once all day.

Take a look at the screen shot below normally my own processor temp will be between 57 and 70 which is too hot but when I changed it the temp is between 40 and  51, which is okay but I want to buy a brand new processor and see what it says but am sure okay with what I have so I suggest your change your processor if its not embedded in the board good luck  grin

(1) (Reply)

Help, I Want To Upload Video To Youtube. / Turn Your Phone To Blackberry / Zain Internet Usb Stick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.