Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,535 members, 7,929,739 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka (6642 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Dumps 73 Nominees From States - The Sun / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Boko Haram Releases New Audio, Shekau Calls Chadian President A Hypocrite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by princekevo(m): 6:03am On Mar 09, 2010
1luvkipsus:

This Soyinka of a man is very irritating.Will he ever stop speaking irresponsibly?
Please can you explain to us why you think his speech was irresponsible?
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Katsumoto: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
1luvkipsus:

This Soyinka of a man is very irritating.Will he ever stop speaking irresponsibly?

No doubt that there are those who do not like Soyinka whenever he goes on the attack. You are either a government looter or a government looter's offspring.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by eyoniggar(m): 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
mama-gee na dead girl.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
@mamagee u bera go 2 d romance/sexual section of nl cos dats were u r d best u're so good in vagina n prick jist grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by akigbemaru: 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
olafolarin:

My grandfather's village is the next after OBJ's.Everybody around the area despise OBJ because of his pride,lack of regard for societal norm and his posee against anything progressive.The 1999 Election is a true reflection of how people like Obj.He lost in front of his house,on his street, ward and local govt.That is the level of his popularity.
Soyinka on the other hand is one of the most popular sons of his town,relegating OBJ to a receding leprosy.

You are right though, he's too excessively conceited. Who the f>vk his monkey arse thinks he's? Either he got presidency twice or not, Obafemi Awolowo has left a giant legacy to emulate. We would only talk about you, not more than that. Yoruba ni ile ni abosimi oko. With all your sojourn's in North and Abuja, and blatantly withheld lagos state funds, to DELIBRATELY reduce the development in SW. His basbard never got any refuge in the north though, he still has to come back to SW.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by ssumpta(f): 12:55am On Mar 10, 2010
kulyie:

@mamagee u bera go 2 d romance/sexual section of nl cos dats were u r d best u're so good in womanliness n prick jist grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmao
Actually ive never heard dat before. Soyinka a former supporter of Obj
Anyways, one question to the 'noble nobel laureate', how exactly can we change the status quo with a march? After marching, things remain d same.
And pls, IBB for president? I will perform dry fasting and pray for 21 days, for that to never happen.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Mar 10, 2010
kulyie:

@mamagee u bera go 2 d romance/sexual section of nl cos dats were u r d best u're so good in womanliness n prick jist grin grin grin grin grin grin
Since when did I become a regular participant in the sexuality section? undecided
I don't usually post there just once in a while.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 10, 2010
Free obj jor, although i surport sonyika
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Dede1(m): 1:15am On Mar 10, 2010
Wole Soyimka could be many things and I honestly do not think coward is one of them.

However, wonders shall never cease to happen. Obasnajo used to be the pride of his people and the all-conquering General of the famed Nigerian armed forces. I could not believe my ears reading about Obasanjo being reduced to the level of dirt and stepped on by the same very people who had stood by roadside cheering on his homecoming.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Katsumoto: 1:31am On Mar 10, 2010
Dede1:

Wole Soyimka could be many things and I honestly do not think coward is one of them.

However, wonders shall never cease to happen. Obasnajo used to be the pride of his people and the all-conquering General of the famed Nigerian armed forces. I could believe my ears reading about Obasanjo being reduced to level of dirt and stepped on by the same very people who had stood by roadside cheering on his homecoming.

A lot of oceans have passed under the bridge since then. Discussing every political issue in the context of the civil war is illogical, self-serving, and counter-productive. You should be able to discuss issues without juxtaposing unrelated events and issues together.

For all of Obasanjo's faults and criticisms, he is still well liked by some Nigerians.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by popoyeh(m): 1:40am On Mar 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you must be very un-informed to have called soyinka a coward and if you may like to know,there was never a time soyinka supported obasanjo.olodo

Olodo indeed,  Maam, go where you sabi  talk sense,  Romance section,  This topic is for matured minds pls.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Maryanna22(f): 3:41am On Mar 10, 2010
Soyinka has said it. Whether he said yesterday or now, it is meant as a correction for others. It is a free country, isn't it? We all need to respect a good talk, that is the only way to make this country great. I for one will like to see more of prof. Soyinka. He is a great Nigerian. Thank you prof. and long may you live.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by InesQor(m): 4:16am On Mar 10, 2010
Abeg make una free mama-gee o, I guess she meant no harm! cheesy

LMAO
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by kushe: 7:05am On Mar 10, 2010
@mama gee

now get a dictionary cos you hav an infarction affecting your twin cerebral mounds the effect of which is severe r.e.t.ardation especially the kind you exhibit.other effects are an inability to comprehend simple stuff and a delusion of grandeur which is prolly your own worst trait.
i wonder why people tolerate you,always talking s.h.it like you are full of it.i guess to make sense you have to fart or do the major .
get a life u jobless intellectual wannabe or better still get laid,i sense ur little kittens are like indiana jones in the temple of doom,all gloom with cobwebs and the stench of mummies that rake to the high heavens.

now try replying me,and like the new luda video i would come through your screen and pi.ss in ur face. b.i.t.c.h angry
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by chelseabmw(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2010
obj is a good for nothing hypocrite grin grin
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by MrCrackles(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2010
This is not new. . .
Obasanjo has to be one of the most disgraceful human being on earth. . .
OBJ you should be ashamed of yourself, fugly buffoon!
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by chakula: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2010
Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by tomidayspring: 8:51am On Mar 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Since when did I become a regular participant in the sexuality section? undecided
I don't usually post there just once in a while.

Mama-gee restrict yourself to the romance section, its not by force to talk about politics you know nada about or else you start yarning rubbish!

Thank You.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by victorazy(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2010
make una cam down, na person father be that ooohhh !!! he dey visit nairaland oohh!! he will take una name to owu juju ooohh
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by victorazy(m): 9:27am On Mar 10, 2010
MrCrackles:

This is not new. . .
Obasanjo has to be one of the most disgraceful human being on earth. . .
OBJ you should be ashamed of yourself, fugly buffoon!

EHHH!!, I DON TELL UNA OOO!!! make una cam down, na person father be that ooohhh !!! he dey visit nairaland oohh!! he will take una name to owu juju ooohh
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Scottx(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2010
Everybody in Nigeria know that Obj is , I do not want to say it more than this, comment reserve.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by chakula: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2010
gent and lad, as far nigerians known wel to me,whosoever get to obj position he can do more than------------------. only a few copied from soyinka character.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by bisiaet: 11:04am On Mar 10, 2010
It is my biggest surprise that one posters called Soyinka the biggest coward it is a shock, I can now realise some PEOPLE just opportunE to sit in fron of PC and type anything. Please and please where has Soyinka ever behave cowardly in the history of Nigeria? Please provide all evidence you have to back it up. I think this poster who called Soyinka a coward needs H-E-L-P!!! or may he did not check the meaning of coward in dictionary before he used it.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by semid4lyfe(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2010
Mama-gee craves attention. . . wonder why peeps are giving it to her.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by idifu(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2010
yes Soyinka is rite about OBJ
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Rmc1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
tomidayspring:

Mama-gee restrict yourself to the romance section, its not by force to talk about politics you know nada about or else you start yarning rubbish!

Thank You.

GBAM!!
LWKMD   grin

@ Topic
Yess ohhh obj is a big hypocrite for forcing yara´die on 150million nigerians in his "do or die" election of 2007. imagine forcing yaradua a half dead man, to govern a complicated land like nigeria. A lot of questions are begging for answers, like the $16billion dollar electricity scam, the odi massacre, and the massive looting during his regime.
And to imagine that he is still among the kingmakers in pdp determining who and who will rule nigeria from the comfort of  his otta residence   angry[quote][/quote]
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by ud4u: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
Is he really 73 I doubt it
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Maxidoe(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Mama-gee are u serious about your post are you are just a novice when it comes to politics?you obviously dont know Soyinka, just look at how you have embarrassed yourself,

OBJ is the worst thing in to happen to Nigerian politics, for me i think he is the devil's incarnate
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Dede1(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

A lot of oceans have passed under the bridge since then. Discussing every political issue in the context of the civil war is illogical, self-serving, and counter-productive. You should be able to discuss issues without juxtaposing unrelated events and issues together.

For all of Obasanjo's faults and criticisms, he is still well liked by some Nigerians.

I shall take your drivel as an unfortunate joke because I know you are a student of history. How could a person possibly implement Obasanjo without the main variables that conjugated the personality of the man? I shall go out on the limb and modestly say that Obasanjo would not have proceeded beyond the rank of a Colonel in Nigerian armed forces barring the circumstances of 1966.

Like it or not, Obasanjo became a person he represents today because of the events of 1966 and discussion of Obasanjo without such major variables that saw him to the position of Head of State and President of Nigeria is not only lacking in facts but logic.  

I have little or no interest on a person named Obasanjo but since the subject had made the public domain, juxtaposition of cradled events and such a name is appropriate in my view.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2010
mama-gee blunder has toatally derailed this thread,that girl really need some spanking.Back to topic,i wouldnt say obasanjo is a hypocrite or not but imo i would rather say obasanjo was not the leader we deserved in 1999 but the only one we could get at the time by the decision of the northern generals who preferred an ex-military rather than the radical democrats at the time.after the decision of abdul salam to handover to democrat,the north went out looking for a yoruba that would protect their interests and there was no other person they could trust than obasanjo particularly because of his closeness to late sheu yaradua who as at then had formed the PDM now turned PDP.after the election,obasanjo played along with the north,virtually all the ex-generals were rewarded with ministerial posts,board members,oil well,juicy contracts that were never done,ambassadorial posts and so many other forms of benefit.obasanjo could do less in the first term of his tenure to combat corruption due to the fragility of the polity even though he retired a lot of military personnel then.after his re-election he created the anti-corruption agencies to neutralize the excesses in the administration.most of the monies for the power projects,road projects and other uncompleted projects were awarded during his first tenure,he had no option then than to dance to the tune of the northerners.the bottomline of my long story is that even though obasanjo should take responsibilty for the failure of his government,there is the need to anlayse the surrounding circumstances that made him failed.the north always prefer a welfarist as the president,someone who will dash out contracts and turn the other way round without asking questions.i wouldnt want to dispute soyinka's view but what i will like to ask prof is that as a former chairman of frsc,why did he failed woefully.
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by samyyoung(m): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

mama-gee blunder has toatally derailed this thread,that girl really need some spanking.Back to topic,i wouldnt say obasanjo is a hypocrite or not but imo i would rather say obasanjo was not the leader we deserved in 1999 but the only one we could get at the time by the decision of the northern generals who preferred an ex-military rather than the radical democrats at the time.after the decision of abdul salam to handover to democrat,the north went out looking for a yoruba that would protect their interests and there was no other person they could trust than obasanjo particularly because of his closeness to late sheu yaradua who as at then had formed the PDM now turned PDP.after the election,obasanjo played along with the north,virtually all the ex-generals were rewarded with ministerial posts,board members,oil well,juicy contracts that were never done,ambassadorial posts and so many other forms of benefit.obasanjo could do less in the first term of his tenure to combat corruption due to the fragility of the polity even though he retired a lot of military personnel then.after his re-election he created the anti-corruption agencies to neutralize the excesses in the administration.most of the monies for the power projects,road projects and other uncompleted projects were awarded during his first tenure,he had no option then than to dance to the tune of the northerners.the bottomline of my long story is that even though obasanjo should take responsibilty for the failure of his government,there is the need to anlayse the surrounding circumstances that made him failed.the north always prefer a welfarist as the president,someone who will dash out contracts and turn the other way round without asking questions.i wouldnt want to dispute soyinka's view but what i will like to ask prof is that as a former chairman of frsc,why did he failed woefully.

undecided undecided undecided BED TIME STORIES undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka by Drunk: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

mama-gee blunder has toatally derailed this thread,that girl really need some spanking.Back to topic,i wouldnt say obasanjo is a hypocrite or not but imo i would rather say obasanjo was not the leader we deserved in 1999 but the only one we could get at the time by the decision of the northern generals who preferred an ex-military rather than the radical democrats at the time.after the decision of abdul salam to handover to democrat,the north went out looking for a yoruba that would protect their interests and there was no other person they could trust than obasanjo particularly because of his closeness to late sheu yaradua who as at then had formed the PDM now turned PDP.after the election,obasanjo played along with the north,virtually all the ex-generals were rewarded with ministerial posts,board members,oil well,juicy contracts that were never done,ambassadorial posts and so many other forms of benefit.obasanjo could do less in the first term of his tenure to combat corruption due to the fragility of the polity even though he retired a lot of military personnel then.after his re-election he created the anti-corruption agencies to neutralize the excesses in the administration.most of the monies for the power projects,road projects and other uncompleted projects were awarded during his first tenure,he had no option then than to dance to the tune of the northerners.the bottomline of my long story is that  even though obasanjo should take responsibilty for the failure of his government,there is the need to anlayse the surrounding circumstances that made him failed.the north always prefer a welfarist as the president,someone who will dash out contracts and turn the other way round without asking questions.i wouldnt want to dispute soyinka's view but what i will like to ask prof is that as a former chairman of frsc,why did he failed woefully.

Quite lengthy but then you could make your point quite clearer and precise. However, i am in support of Mama-gee and this is dependent on her view of Soyinka. Well, we all are not saints and can't be but Soyinka is just trying to portray himself as one. I am a fan of his but i would really not support the name calling on OBJ even as i am not a 100% supporter of OBJ. Soyinka can do more to the blabbing he is making over news. What makes him think his active contribution to the growth or development of the country can't be felt if he can do more than just press statements and releases. IBB is Soyinka's best pal and yet things where wrongly done during IBB's years as Head of State. Can he explain what happened to the education contracts that were awarded to him (Soyinka) during IBB's year? Why was he not a strong critic of OBJ while he was in powers? Why is he just making noise now? Most importantly, he has also made Yar'adua's health issue and handover a center for his attention. Other parts of the country's issues are there and very much important than one sick man's health and handover. As far as i am concerned Soyinka can do better than what he is doing now. You could be a potential Hypocrite too

I remain Drunk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Accepts To Serve In Jonathan’s Government / Bauchi Paid N79.3bn As Salary In One Year / Bukola Saraki Sends Powerful Message To Gov, Tambuwal As He Marks 53rd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.