Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,998 members, 7,927,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:36 AM

Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? (854 Views)

Owning Your Dream Car Should Not Drain Your Account (shop Wisely) / Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by VPersie: 12:33am On Mar 08, 2010
Hello,

In am a college student and a first time car buyer who has been saving up to get a Mercedes Benz C-Class or any other car that will help me prove levels. I was checking the internet the other day and came across some advice that sunk my heart. The dude basically said first-time car buyers should not buy luxury or good-looking cars because of the amount of accidents that are sure to deface the car. He also said stuff about not buying a fast car like Benz and going for cars like Honda that are 'simple' and 'efficient'. Is this true and what are the factors a first-time car buyer should consider in getting a car?
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by Fhemmmy: 1:51am On Mar 08, 2010
Whoever gave such advice is really right . . . . I would have given such advice to.
However, this is more applicable to a New driver, so if you think you are new driver, would be adviceable to buy something cheaper but reliable, cos trips to mechanics could be frustrating.

But if you an experienced driver but just a first time ride buyer, you could buy whatever you feel like buying.

Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by DisGuy: 2:09am On Mar 08, 2010
VPersie:

Hello,

In am a college student and a  first time car buyer who has been saving up to get a Mercedes Benz C-Class or any other car that will help me prove levels. I was checking the internet the other day and came across some advice that sunk my heart. The dude basically said first-time car buyers should not buy luxury or good-looking cars because of the amount of accidents that are sure to deface the car. He also said stuff about not buying a fast car like Benz and going for cars like Honda that are 'simple' and 'efficient'. Is this true and what are the factors a first-time car buyer should consider in getting a car?

Sad.  .  .
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by tayoast(m): 2:14am On Mar 08, 2010
be objective wen making ur choice.

Ojukokoro is dangerous
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by Fhemmmy: 2:14am On Mar 08, 2010
Dis Guy:

Sad.  .  .

Sad, why?
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by ayusman16(m): 8:00am On Mar 08, 2010
sad becos it is like a kid wanting 2 buy gun.
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by sulad82i(m): 8:02am On Mar 08, 2010
ayusman16:

sad becos it is like a kid wanting 2 buy gun.

Your comment is the real sad thing here.
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by sulad82i(m): 8:04am On Mar 08, 2010
When has being a student and a driver a bad combination?
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by sulad82i(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2010
@poster,
If u are still in the learning stage of driving, then u will be more prone to accidents. Try to get something cheaper than a benz for now
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by DisGuy: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Sad, why?

a college student probably still dependent on his dad or some financial grants wants a car "that will help me prove levels"

Plus insurance on 'fancy' cars with a student is usually higher

Get a Honda, Golf or a Vaxhall Corsa  cheesy
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dis Guy:

a college student probably still dependent on his dad or some financial grants wants a car "that will help me prove levels"

Plus insurance on 'fancy' cars with a student is usually higher

Get a Honda, Golf or a Vaxhall Corsa  cheesy

That was the buzz word, but could be an independent dude as well. . . . I think he is getting it for the wrong reason as well, cos a ride is not a level prove property, it could be a liability depending on how it is used
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by ayusman16(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
sulad82i:

Your comment is the real sad thing here.

Birds of the same feather na d same papa born dem.
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by VPersie: 5:53am On Mar 09, 2010
I dont rely on my father or anyone, but God, for money. But i also know proving levels is not the best motivation for buying a car. But then that is my reality and I cant be dishonest with myself as some of u here are.
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by sulad82i(m): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2010
VPersie:

I dont rely on my father or anyone, but God, for money. But i also know proving levels is not the best motivation for buying a car. But then that is my reality and I cant be dishonest with myself as some of u here are.

Nice said. Some pple think cars are for fashion, I can speak for myself that its a necessity.
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by GoldCircle: 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
@poster,
My sincere advise is for you to buy the very car of your choice in as much as you've got the funds to buy it. After all, my father used to tell us to enjoy ourselves while we are young and then tell the story when we get old. Even if na the motor go eventually kill you, e no mean anything! Something MUST kill a man. . .If after 1 year you no fit maintain am again, park the ride jeje and jack up the four tyres put on top of brick, then cover the thing with tarpaulin after all, na your investment. then begin trek round campus. . .Na that time you go know how fowl take dey lay cooked egg! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by 190: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^

dies~
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by sulad82i(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
GoldCircle:

@poster,
My sincere advise is for you to buy the very car of your choice in as much as you've got the funds to buy it. After all, my father used to tell us to enjoy ourselves while we are young and then tell the story when we get old. Even if na the motor go eventually kill you, e no mean anything! Something MUST kill a man. . .If after 1 year you no fit maintain am again, park the ride jeje and jack up the four tyres put on top of brick, then cover the thing with tarpaulin after all, na your investment. then begin trek round campus. . .Na that time you go know how fowl take dey lay cooked egg! grin grin grin

I no fit laugh
Re: Which Kind Of Car Should I Buy? by dukedmay: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
which is more durable, better handling and fuel economy e.t.c, and which would you advice, if you were to buy?

(1) (Reply)

Hi / 2008 Passat 3.6 / Toyota Camry 2008 @ 3.3million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.