Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,860 members, 7,899,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? (846 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by mamadsquare: 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Have you ever done something selflessly, or with good intentions but you were made to regret it? Come in, let's share.

Some of mine were:

Some years back, while I was still a teenager, we used to live in a "face me, I face you" apartment. My family's windows were facing the space in the compound where everyone usually keep their water drums and do laundry, so there usually was much activity going on there and as such the walls, and floor would be covered with Spirogyra and the likes, so I try as much as possible to scrub the area as often as possible. One day, after fetching water and doing some laundry, I decided to scrub the area as usual and I really took my time to make the area sparkling clean. All the while I was scrubbing, my parents and siblings could sense I was the one there, so when I finished and retired to the room, my dad asked about what I had been up to, I told him and he said I did good, but that he is sure that I would have used up the whole detergent bag, because I was "wasteful". I was angry, but kept my cool and swore in my heart right there and then never to repeat such again. Subsequently, my family and neighbours complained of the place getting slippery, that haven't I noticed? I just feigned ignorance.

At another time, still in the same house, another happened. Let me give u a little background info on the house. It has three bathrooms, the first was where everyone coming from work or outing or wherever used as urinal, so it was almost always smelling and as such we only bathed in it whenever it was newly washed.
The second one was dark, so it was scary for people like me, the typical thing to find in it when I gather the courage to enter it are used condoms and tissue paper, and not much bathing was done there either.
Then the third one, it was the majority choice, it would get frequent cleaning from those who bathe there, it was more spacious than others, it faced the toilet and was a favourite choice for those who used potty then.
So one day, I opened the door, carried my bucket of water into the bathroom, removed my towel, ready to bathe and tadaa! My eyes saw something on the wall, like someone scooped poop from their butt and heaped it on the wall, it was much and fresh. I ran out in anger and informed other people who went to see it and were equally angered. It was still there for some hours and I decided to go wash it off, why?, because I felt the more it stayed on the wall the harder it will be to get off of it, and secondly, because it was the bathroom that I frequently used. That was how someone went back to the place, saw that it had been cleaned, and told others, then one bastard of a man said it was the perpetrator that went to wash it, that it is only the person that put it there that could have washed it off. I was pissed and gave him a piece of my mind.

Too many times in my life, I've been made to regret my good intentions. What about you?

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Yes a lot
Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by Eyimofe2017: 6:30am On Oct 06, 2017
Boarding school....yes
Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2017
Many times. But I can't turn bad cos of that.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by ifyan(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2017
If U have experienced such and U didn't regret it ,l doubt if such individual have feeling. Because this is the cruel world we live in.

I have regretted some beautiful thing l did but life must go on.

Please make your life good and for others if U can

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2017
Honestly, Op you tried oh..if I hear say I wash poopoo..lol...I have done many things for some friends that they later made me regret, especially when it comes to lending them money and they refused to pay back..life goes on jare
Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by mamadsquare: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Diffident:
Honestly, Op you tried oh..if I hear say I wash poopoo..lol...I have done many things for some friends that they later made me regret, especially when it comes to lending them money and they refused to pay back..life goes on jare
I did wash it because I knew no one else would.
Re: Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2017
mamadsquare:

I did wash it because I knew no one else would.
imagine washing poopoo and still get blamed at the end..The kain anger wey go enter me ehn

(1) (Reply)

One Word In Your Own Language When You Get Home And See This!!! / I Need Advice / Check Out This Pre-wedding Picture Of A Young Man And Bride To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.