Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:54 AM

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (47905 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
chihes:
Well said bro. You are very correct. What he gave to the poor was a gift, but if you must call it a tithe which is 10% of your income, it MUST go to God. Whosoever eats it in the church is not ur biz. Just do your own.
that is what is killing us dear ..IGNORANCE...we dont care what is done with the money we suposedly have paid as tithe..... We wud rather not care and give to pastors, than care and give it to beggars and you think God would be happy... Deut 14 vs 22 to 29 wud change ur mindset dear...

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Chuks4blu(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
What u did was reaching out to the needy and not paying of tithe bro, go bak to ur bible. Malachi 3:8-10
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Don't be deluded. So because of what your pastors do with the tithe, you are now justified to substitute it by giving it to the poor? Is that it?
deut said we shud give it to the poor.... The person that wrote that passage is he deluded also..??...

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Student125(m): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Is the golden rule in the ten commandment? '' love your neighbours as yourself ''
So your church is that your neighbor.
But that poor that needs it is not ur neighbor.
I can say confidently you are confused.
if you are to obey that love ur neighbor as yourself in the ten commandments, then giving to the poor around you is the fulfillment of that commandment.
So not paying tithe is no sin, if otherwise prove where it is written as sin

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by CENTAX: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
If God must bless me only through my pastors, then where does that leave Jesus, who is forever the sole intermediary between man and God? So i can't read the bible alone in my closet and be blessed?
okenwaa:
Giving,sowing a seed and tithing are three different things.

You just gave to the poor bro...which God will reward u greatly,but you've not paid your tithe.

Even paying ur tithe in another church and to another priest is also wrong....it should be paid to your priest cus he's the one that God uses to bless you through his word.

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
that is what is killing us dear ..IGNORANCE...we dont care what is done with the money we suposedly have paid as tithe..... We wud rather not care and give to pastors, than care and give it to beggars and you think God would be happy... Deut 14 vs 22 to 29 wud change ur mindset dear...

If your spirit is leading you to see the evil deeds in your church and it does not bode well with your spirit. Don't you think it's high time you found another church where you can be satisfied.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Ok fine so you agree nowhere is it written that you should give your tithe meant for the store house to baggers?
it is clearly written in deut 14 vs 29 and also deut 26 vs 12...or isit that your bible dont have those passages.. Am done with you.. Goodbye...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by vikstandon(m): 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=erico2k2 post=61225290]
MSG, have you seen that Bible?[/quote

Yea...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by techJ: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:

It's Wonderful to give to the poor... INFACT the Bible specifically talks about dt.

But Your Tithe is not a gift. Neither is it your money. Your Tithe is GOD's SHARE of your Money. And He Directs where it should be taken to. See Malachi 3:10

I think it is you who need to read about the origin of tithe, reason for giving it and who it is meant for.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 specifically gave the principles that govern tithing. In fact it was emphatic on why Levites (I believe those are the people we regard as Pastors/Men of God today) are entitle to tithes which is because THEY HAVE NO INHERITANCE/PROPERTIES and they were even the ones mentioned last in the list.

@OP: I believe you have done as God commanded but you can read the above scriptures for avoidance of doubt. Our Pastors will never quote this place because it negates their claim to tithes. Stay blessed.

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Lol so that's how you wanna play. I'm enjoying this. Ok let's go by yours then. What is tithe? To you?

lol I don't want this to start looking like fight ooo
but I will not get tired of saying read deuteronomy chapter 14 verses 24-29
according to what I read, tithe is food that is gathered for feeding your family and the less privileged in the society.
the only reason that it is converted to money is due to long distance and where you reach the appointed place, you convert it back to food and use it to feed your family and the less privileged.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
Student125:

So your church is that your neighbor.
But that poor that needs it is not ur neighbor.
I can say confidently you are confused.
if you are to obey that love ur neighbor as yourself in the ten commandments, then giving to the poor around you is the fulfillment of that commandment.
So not paying tithe is no sin, if otherwise prove where it is written as sin

Hello young man, I never said what the op did is bad. It is good to give to the poor. But when you start thinking that because you give to the poor you have paid your tithes then you are wrong.... I give to the poor too, in fact everytime I enter public transport, I pray for every aged ones in the bus, despite all this I have never for once said because I do this I don't need to pay my tithe. Tithe and helping the needy are both different things. If you refuse to pay your tithes the Bible calls such people as robbers who are robbing God.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

If your spirit is leading you to see the evil deeds in your church and it does not bode well with your spirit. Don't you think it's high time you found another church where you can be satisfied.
thats not the topic here.... I pay my tithe at church buh after reading that deut.. From next sunday am taking that tithe to Gods storehouseand giving it to the fatherless and widows..... Cause sincerely i derive more joy and satisfaction in that...

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
@ adjviomole pls post deuteronomy 14: 22-29
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by princeakinola1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
You 100% wrong,self wisdom can not take you anywhere,you can receive any blessing that attach with tithe,ask God for Holy Spirit to understand the world of God,you 100% wrong.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
it is clearly written in deut 14 vs 29 and also deut 26 vs 12...or isit that your bible dont have those passages.. Am done with you.. Goodbye...

Everything still plays around what tithe means. What is tithe?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by wolesmile(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:

It's Wonderful to give to the poor... INFACT the Bible specifically talks about dt.
But Your Tithe is not a gift. Neither is it your money. Your Tithe is GOD's SHARE of your Money. And He Directs where it should be taken to. See Malachi 3:10
The last time I checked, Malachi is still in the old testament. Are christians still under the law?

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Hello young man, I never said what the op did is bad. It is good to give to the poor. But when you start thinking that because you give to the poor you have paid your tithes then you are wrong.... I give to the poor too, in fact everytime I enter public transport, I pray for every aged ones in the bus, despite all this I have never for once said because I do this I don't need to pay my tithe. Tithe and helping the needy are both different things. If you refuse to pay your tithes the Bible calls such people as robbers who are robbing God.
who said because you have given to the poor then you have your tithe... When you remove 10percent of your income which is your tithe and give it to the needy and poor den you hav paid your tithe

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
thats not the topic here.... I pay my tithe at church buh after reading that deut.. From next sunday am taking that tithe to Gods storehouseand giving it to the fatherless and widows..... Cause sincerely i derive more joy and satisfaction in that...

Why not ask the holy spirit for guidance?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=vikstandon post=61229977][/quote]
can we see a sample?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
mdokaba1:

Exactly the scriptures that sprung on my mind when I gave her.

And it gave me inner peace and I felt proud to have lent to the Lord.

Of course, it's good to help the poor. But you did a good thing in a wrong way. You still owe God your tithe. If truly you wanted to help, you'd have used another money. It's just like saying, you have 50k that's meant to pay your children's fees, but you ended up using it to pay a widow's child's fees, and you felt happy. Yes, you'd have done a good act and get your rewards for that action, but it doesn't cover up for your kids' unpaid fees. You've still got to pay it or just keep it in mind that you robbed God. (ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL).
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
xcelent

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
who said because you have given to the poor then you have your tithe... When you remove 10percent of your income which is your tithe and give it to the needy and poor den you hav paid your tithe

That's the direction you are driving at. Substitution the paying of tithe by giving it to the needy.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Why not ask the holy spirit for guidance?
erm i did that today in church and he guilded me to this thread and also to the passage of deut 14

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
erm i did that today in church and he guilded me to this thread and also to the passage of deut 14

Aiit then do as your heart pleases
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

That's the direction you are driving at. Substitution the paying of tithe by giving it to the needy.
its no substitution...it still remain my tithe... Giving it to the needy dont change anything according to deut

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:

So the passage of Malachi does not hold water shey?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Aiit then do as your heart pleases
peace dear.... Dont remember d last time i talked about the bible for this long..lol take care
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by ObaKlaz: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
okenwaa:
Giving,sowing a seed and tithing are three different things.

You just gave to the poor bro...which God will reward u greatly,but you've not paid your tithe.

Even paying ur tithe in another church and to another priest is also wrong....it should be paid to your priest cus he's the one that God uses to bless you through his word.
Help me understand this please; Peter and the early apostles were ministers of the gospel of Christ. There's no mention of the brethren paying thites "to the church" or to the apostles. There's NO MENTION of thiting by Jesus or even by the early apostles "to propagate the gospel".

I may be wrong but I seek enlightenment.

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by joepentwo(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
realisticwise:
. I will like to join your church. pls tell me what church it is.

HeyCorleone:

This has to be the purest form of Christianity I've seen. What denomination please?
it's Church of Christ

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

read deuteronomy chapter 14 vs22-29 to find out
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
its no substitution...it still remain my tithe... Giving it to the needy dont change anything according to deut

Are you this stubborn cheesy. Just kidding so how will the church maintain its gadgets, buy new buses and carry out other missionary missions?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

read deuteronomy chapter 14 vs22-29 to find out

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Pastor Suleiman-Johnson Causes Stampede In Cameroon,1 Dead, 20 Injured (Photos) / Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77