Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,212 members, 7,910,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

Help A Soul - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help A Soul (328 Views)

Is It Worth It To Look For A Soul Mate On Nairaland (photos) / Marriage: I need a Wife and a Soul mate / Pls Help A Nairalander.... Help Save A Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help A Soul by ako1tse: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
I got a message that broke my heart and just brought back to me, what people go through in the name of genotypes.

This lady, like many others, currently single, had been in different relationships only to be jilted upon the discovery of her SS status.

As someone very conscious of her health status, she wouldn't even begin a relationship except with someone that's of genotype AA meaning the breakups have nothing to do with the regular fears of offspring genotype.

I think it's unfair how we treat people with the SS and SC genotypes, but then I also get that some of these things might be out of fears of the unknown.

If you have met someone you love, someone who loves you and matches everything else you want, why discriminate based on genotypes? (which are compatible with yours by the way)

Hopefully, we can speak about this some more.
Re: Help A Soul by Cladez(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
There is nothing unfair about this.its just a preventive measure against bringing children into the world to suffer.The pain a sickler and the parents go through is x10 stronger than the pain of heartbreak not to talk of the cry,pain,stigma,financial breakdown etc.

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
Re: Help A Soul by iamJ(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
go ahead and marry her, when she gives birth, your love and match will help u survive the pain and tears raising that pikin will cause

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your Wechat QR Codes Here / Read My Piece On Domestic Violence (the Violent,the Valley,the Vacuum) / There's Great Goodwill Not Discriminating. My Testimony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.