Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

Aero-archive - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aero-archive (8587 Views)

How To Archive N0.4 Low Cost Per Click Running Facebook Ads / Can Online Or Network Marketing Business Help You Earn And Archive Your Goals?. / My Aero-journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 3:38am On Jul 04, 2018
​� *AVIATION CORNER* �​

*INTERNATIONAL ​​ AIRLAWS*

*TOPIC* : _RULES ​OF AIR ( *ICAO* )_
*SUB-TOPIC* ​ : _GENERAL RULES_

*_#CONTINUATION_*

*Operation on and in the Vicinity of an Aerodrome.*

•The standard traffic pattern is to the left. An aircraft operated on or in the vicinity of an aerodrome must, whether or not within an aerodrome traffic zone (ATZ):

•Observe other aerodrome traffic for the purpose of avoiding collision.

• Conform with or avoid the pattern of traffic formed by other aircraft in operation.

• Make all turns to the LEFT, when approaching for a landing and after taking off, unless otherwise instructed.

• Land and take off into the wind unless safety, the runway configuration, or air traffic considerations determine that a different direction is preferable.

*Time*

•Co-ordinated Universal Time (UTC) must be used in a 24 hour format.

A time check must be obtained by pilots prior to operating a controlled flight and, additionally, whenever necessary.

*Position Reports by Aircraft Under Air Traffic Control.*

• Unless exempted by ATC (when ATC uses the phase “omit Position Reports”), a controlled flight must report to the appropriate ATSU, as soon as possible, the time and level of passing each reporting point, together with any other required information.

• A Position Report should normally contain the following information:

*A.* Aircraft identification
*B.* Position
*C.* Time
*D.* Flight level or altitude
*E.* Next position and time over that position
*F.* Ensuing significant (reporting) point.

� *TO BE CONTINUED*

​� *AVIATION CORNER* �​
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
​� *AVIATION CORNER* �​

*SUB-TOPIC* ​ : _AEROPLANES ON THE MOVEMENT AREA._

•From sunset to sunrise, or during any other period prescribed by the authority an aeroplane on the movement area, and an aircraft with its engines running, must display:

•When moving, navigation lights intended to indicate the relative path of the aeroplane to an observer.No other lights shall be displayed if they may be mistaken for the navigation lights.

•When moving, lights intended to indicate the extremities of its structure.

•Lights intended to attract attention to the aeroplane (anti-collision lights).

•Lights which indicate the fact that the engine is running (anti-collision lights).

*Anti-collision lights must be displayed in daylight hours unless they adversely affect the performance of duties or cause a harmful dazzle to an outside observer.*

*Colour of Anti-Collision Lights.*

•Rotorcraft —Flashing *RED*
•Other Aircraft —Flashing *RED* and/or *WHITE*

*Switching Off or Reducing Flashing Lights for Safety Reasons.*

• In the interest of safety, if flashing lights fitted to an aeroplane adversely affect any performance of duty (i.e. reflected flash from cloud at night) or causes harmful dazzle to an observer, the pilot is permitted to switch lights off or reduce their intensity.

*Lights must be switched on* :

*a.* In flight at night.
*b.* In flight by day (anti-collision lights).
*c.* When taxiing or parked on the Manoeuvring Area at night.
*d.* When aircraft are stationary on the apron or Maintenance Area with engines running if fitted by day and by night (anti-collision lights).

� *TO BE CONTINUED*

​� *AVIATION CORNER* �​
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
*AVIATION CORNER*

*SUB-TOPIC* ​ : _COMMUNICATIONS FAILURES_

•A controlled flight must maintain continuous two-way communication with the appropriate ATCU.

*Communications Failure in VMC.*

• In the event of communications failure when flying Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC) the pilot must:

•Continue to fly in VMC.

•If equipped with a transponder, squawk 7600 and select Mode C.

•Land at the nearest suitable aerodrome.

•Report his arrival by the most expeditious means to the appropriate ATCU.

*Communications Failure in IMC(Instrument Meteorological Conditions) :*
• In the event of communications failure when flying in Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC), the pilot must:

•Maintain the last assigned speed and level, or minimum flight altitude, if higher, for a period of 20 minutes (See Notes) following the aircraft’s failure to report its position over a reporting point. Thereafter, the pilot shall adjust level and speed in accordance with the filed flight plan.

•If equipped with a transponder, squawk 7600 and select Mode C.

•Proceed according to the current flight plan route to the appropriate designated navigation aid serving the destination aerodrome.

•When required, hold over the navigation aid until commencement of descent.

•Commence descent from the navigation aid as close as possible to, the Expected Approach Time (EAT), if the pilot has received one. If no EAT is received, the pilot should commence the decent as close as possible to his f light planned Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).

•Complete a normal instrument approach procedure.

•Land, if possible, within 30 minutes after the ETA or EAT, whichever is the later.

•Report arrival by the most expeditious means to the appropriate Air Traffic Service Unit (ATSU).

Notes:

•If a pilot is under radar control, he should maintain the last assigned speed and level, or minimum flight altitude, if higher, for a period of 7 minutes.

•If a pilot is being radar vectored by a Radar Controller, he must immediately revert to his filed flight plan.

*N.B.* : EAT is the time at which ATC expect an aircraft to leave the hold to commence an approach.
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 MAX

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
United 787

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Boeing

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Queen of the sky

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nice wallpapers

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nigerian pilot, Ademilola Odujinrin, makes history as first African to fly the world solo.

A Nigerian pilot who works for Air Djibouti has become the first African pilot in history to fly solo around the world.

Ademilola “Lola” Odujinrin completed the final leg of his historic journey Wednesday afternoon, landing safely at Washington Dulles International Airport.

The pilot completed the entire circumnavigation in a Cirrus SR22, stopping in more than 15 countries on five continents, returning to Washington DC, where his journey began back in September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ8hoH6jYOg

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2018
Bombardier C Series/ A220

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Bombardier Challenger 605

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2018
Fact

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2018
Lufthansa Airbus A350

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
Gran canaria airport

Re: Aero-archive by ekoson95(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
okikiosibodu:
This is a thread I intend keeping vital information relating to aviation, on. Information worth keeping are to be kept here.
I take God be you, please please and please, DO NOT ruin this thread for me. Na God I take beg you, biko

Well sir..........I've been going through this thread, ur diary and ur posts on that Pilotss thread, all I can say is u will make an awesome aviation expert; may God bless ur hustles.

I'm currently an aviation student in Nigeria's military university, and if u dont mind, I would like u to share some materials with me.....on Aerodynamic, Meteorology, Air Law etc. Like u one u used on this thread. Its very concise and insightful. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2019
ekoson95:

Well sir..........I've been going through this thread, ur diary and ur posts on that Pilotss thread, all I can say is u will make an awesome aviation expert; may God bless ur hustles.

I'm currently an aviation student in Nigeria's military university, and if u dont mind, I would like u to share some materials with me.....on Aerodynamic, Meteorology, Air Law etc. Like u one u used on this thread. Its very concise and insightful. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Salary Of A Primary School Teacher In Kogi State / Where Can I Gain Experience In Civil Engineering / FRSC Sacks 2 Officers Over Fake Drivers’ License Deal In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.