Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:13 AM

Following The Word Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Following The Word Of God (1569 Views)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? / Following The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Following The Word Of God by huxley(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
InesQor:

@manmustwac: There are deluded and misguided people everywhere. Not everything can be hanged upon religion's neck. Even atheists can be so-deluded.

@Huxley: Please answer my questions in individual context and don't dribble.

Unless I am mistaken,  you main thrust of your questions are:

1)  Which god,
2)  How he spoke to humans
3)  How we are sure that it is god.

I have answered this by saying that we are talking about the god of the bible, and for 2 & 3, I refer you to the manner and means he used to communicate with Moses.
Re: Following The Word Of God by InesQor(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
huxley:

Unless I am mistaken,  you main thrust of your questions are:

1)  Which god,
2)  How he spoke to humans
3)  How we are sure that it is god.

I have answered this by saying that we are talking about the god of the bible, and for 2 & 3, I refer you to the manner and means he used to communicate with Moses.
And that is on the assumption that Moses was not a special case? What warrants this assumption of yours?

If you do not answer those questions one by one, then I have nothing more to say here. Good luck!
Re: Following The Word Of God by huxley(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
InesQor:

Huxley, your question fundamentally assumes that you understand how God interacts with us, the kind of information he passes across, how he passes it across, and the reasons why he does so.

So go ahead and answer my questions so I can get a better perspective of your question.

You could not be more wrong - I make no such assumption, because I do not claim to know how god communicates with humans.  I simply said if such a communication is possible (which from my understanding of the bible it should be given that he communicated with Moses on more than one occasion) and god asked you to kill someone, would you do it?

Now, are you in communication with your god?   if you are, could you tell us how you enter into communication him him/her?
Re: Following The Word Of God by Joagbaje(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2010
God orderd killings in the old testament but things have Changed since Jesus came , He wont demand killings again.
2 Peter 3:9
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Re: Following The Word Of God by jagunlabi(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2010
Joagbaje:

God orderd killings in the old testament but things have Changed since Jesus came , He wont demand killings again.
2 Peter 3:9
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the bible god has not changed, nonetheless, as claimed by certain christians here, right?The more his style of interractions with humans change, the more the bible god remains the same.Okay . . .
Re: Following The Word Of God by toneyb: 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
This topic is very funny and truly revels the minds and thought process of those that are religious. Its truly funny.  grin. The mind of the religious person is fundamentally driven by anxiety layered over a fragile sense of self-identity constructed upon a system of beliefs that is both logically inconsistent and highly suspect to them as can be seen from this topic. I can not just understand this Fhemmy guy.  He keeps insisting that his god does not change when a simple reading of the bible shows a completely different and constantly changing god?

People need to observe the context in which these things were written before making any comment on them. Some parts of the bible was written when people were living like barbaric animals. It was written when stoning a person to death for picking sticks on a day of holiday was considered to be the right and holy-thing to do. Will god tell you to kill your child or neighbor today? Its depends. In societies where people commit these acts and get away with it, god tell people to kill their witch children. In societies where it is completely not acceptable, god never tells any body to do such things. When one looks at the Bible without the blinders of belief one can clearly see it for what it is: a collection of myths written by primitive men.
Re: Following The Word Of God by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
huxley:

Toba,

If your brother, friend or neighbour worshipped a different god or no god at all, would you kill him?

I would not.

Like i told u Since the time of Jesus Christ to date, God has never commanded anyone to kill another,Simply becos we are in[b] Grace dispensation[/b] where the Grace of God is still abounding on all including sinners. Thats y u see atheists Blaspheme without being punished by anyone. If it were to be then, even pple on NL wouldn't hesitate to bring unbelievers down. But God doesn't allow killing any longer cos of the Grace dispensation we are in. Enjoy ur unbelief while it lasts
Re: Following The Word Of God by Fhemmmy: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hi word is like a manual for our life
Re: Following The Word Of God by huxley(m): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
toba:

I would not.

Like i told u Since the time of Jesus Christ to date, God has never commanded anyone to kill another,Simply becos we are in[b] Grace dispensation[/b] where the Grace of God is still abounding on all including sinners. Thats y u see atheists Blaspheme without being punished by anyone. If it were to be then, even pple on NL wouldn't hesitate to bring unbelievers down. But God doesn't allow killing any longer cos of the Grace dispensation we are in. Enjoy your unbelief while it lasts

Where are you getting this Grace Dispensation doctrine from? Are you making it up? Jesus himself said that he had not come to abolish the law, as in the following;

Matthew 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

What commandments do you think Jesus was refering to about? Why is Jesus asking people to be more righteous than the Pharisees who were experts of the law and strict observers of the law? What law was Jesus talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has African A God? Do Africans See Themselves As Inferior To Worship Other Gods / Is Destiny Answerable To Prayer? / God's Little Test Subjects - Why The Love Of God Is A Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.