Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Benefits Of Being Ugly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Benefits Of Being Ugly (946 Views)

Have You Noticed That People Stop Being Ugly When They Become Your Friend. / 10 Benefits Of Being Ugly / Swiss Lady Bullied For Being ‘Ugly’ Spends Big On Plastic Surgery To Feel Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Being Ugly by valkaka(m): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Why this disparate treatment of looks in so many areas of life? It’s a matter of simple prejudice. Most of us, regardless of our professed attitudes, prefer as customers to buy from better-looking salespeople, as jurors to listen to better-looking attorneys, as voters to be led by better-looking politicians, as students to learn from better-looking professors. This is not a matter of evil employers’ refusing to hire the ugly: in our roles as workers, customers and potential lovers we are all responsible for these effects.How could we remedy this injustice? With all the gains to being good-looking, you would think that more people would get plastic surgery or makeovers to improve their looks. Many of us do all those things, but as studies have shown, such refinements make only small differences in our beauty. All that spending may make us feel better, but it doesn’t help us much in getting a better job or a more desirable mate.Nevertheless being ugly has massive benefits.

Ugly people are appreciated for their personality — Beautiful people never know if people like them for who they are or how they look. I know a number of beautiful women and, to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t tell you if they have pleasant personalities or not. Actually, I couldn’t tell you if they have a personalities at all. I get so caught up in their beauty that my brain can’t comprehend what they are saying when they speak (that’s why my lecturer then in school thinks I don’t listen to her). If you’re ugly, though, and someone agrees to go out with you, chances are it’s because they like you for who you are. Unless, of course, you’re rich. Then you can be sure they like you because of your money.

Ugly people are funnier — Think of all the truly funny people you know. Chances are they are unattractive. That’s because ugly people can’t take themselves too seriously. As my dad used to tell me, “Son, if you can’t laugh at yourself, then you’re obviously not looking in the mirror.”

Ugly is cheap and easy — I don’t mean that ugly people are cheap and easy, but that ugliness is low maintenance. When you’re ugly you don’t have to worry about trivialities such as make-up, facelifts, unibrow plucking, or brushing your teeth. Since nothing you do is really going to matter you can just let yourself go. You can acquire a tidy nest egg saving the cash you won’t be spending on toothpaste and tweezers.

Ugly people are more successful — Beautiful people have everything handed to them. Ugly people, on the other hand, have to work harder to get what they want. Do you think there would be a Microsoft if Bill Gates looked like George Clooney? Would we have the iPad if Steve Jobs was as handsome as Ryan Gosling? Would we have First Thoughts if I had become a male model? Great innovations, inventions, and blog posts are always produced by some ugly geek who couldn’t get a date and had nothing better to do than improve the world. Our economy is fueled on ugly.

Ugly people are the majority — Forget the Democratic, PDP, APGA and ANPP parties. Someday we ugly people will unite and become the biggest voting bloc in the country, we will take over and have all the pretty people be at our beck and call. All we need to do is organize. I figure that we should just meet up and hold our first convention at the state fair since, from the looks of the crowd, we are already congregating there anyway.

Ugly is inevitable — Beauty fades but ugly is everlasting (or at least until death). If we live long enough we eventually all get ugly. Some of us fortunate ones just get there first and have time to get used to it.

thanks for reading

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2017
Lwkmd.gringringrin
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Dillusionist(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2017
lol...grin
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2017
grin

Funny thread but lemme say something..

There is this saying "TO BE BORN UGLY, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT...BUT TO REMAIN UGLY, THEN THAT'S YOUR FAULT."

Its OK to be physically less attractive , but a lot of ugly ppol are mannerless, full of hatred & the worse they love gossiping & backbiting.. lipsrsealed

Why not divert urself into something more productive that wud create positive impact around you? undecided

After all, this is what I just observed. NO OFFENSE.

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by iamJ(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2017
There are some favours pretty people get easily but ugly people don't get easily.
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
So Are You Trying To Mock Us Or What? undecided #TeamUgly...
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2017
lmao. Thank God I'm ugly o. hehehehe. see advantages.
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 11, 2017
Abeg nobody is ugly depending on how you handle yourself .

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by LifeofAirforce(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
Funny thread but lemme say something..

There is this saying "TO BE BORN UGLY, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT...BUT TO REMAIN UGLY, THEN THAT'S YOUR FAULT."

Its OK to be physically less attractive , but a lot of ugly ppol are mannerless, full of hatred & the worse they love gossiping & backbiting.. lipsrsealed

Why not divert urself into something more productive that wud create positive impact around you? undecided

After all, this is what I just observed. NO OFFENSE.

I'm ugly

You're right about some of my fellow ugly guys on Nairaland ..... Whose only job on nairaland is to backstab their fellow guys and talk down on them for e-Pussy they coudnt get in real life.
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
LifeofAirforce:

I'm ugly

You're right about some of my fellow ugly guys on Nairaland ..... Whose only job on nairaland is to backstab their fellow guys and talk down on them for e-Pussy they coudnt get in real life.

grin

Hahahahaah...e-pussy? grin

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
With money all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by McBrooklyn(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
cheesy
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by LifeofAirforce(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Hahahahaah...e-pussy? grin

lol grin
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
Rokia2:
With money all things are possible.
haba! Is dat rihana? shocked
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
You are very very very Wicked cry
Re: Benefits Of Being Ugly by duerap: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
Spot on! must be huge encouragement for many.

(1) (Reply)

Four (4)things You Need To Do To Survive Meeting Her Parents For The First Time / How To Know If She Enjoys Sex With You / Plz Epp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.