Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,851 members, 7,889,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1191890 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
omoijebujesha:

Ha! More children ke. Lol. We have 2. Oldest 5 yrs old, youngest 7 months old.

You haven't answered the question on how your family members got into the US. Also, what was the outcome of your Canada TRV application? Hopefully your info with both embassies are in sync with each other though.

You require some quality travel to surmount this hurdle amongst other ties to bring to the table IMO however....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thestarman(m): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
omoijebujesha:
Greetings house. i will appreciate the response from anyone. i am a married woman with 2 children and a good job(over 3 years with current employer) i have an extensive travel history(Studied in senegal and kenya, traveled to the UK more than once, traveled to Dubai, schengen countries(Netherlands, Spain and paris). This week was my 5th attempt at trying to get an American visa with my 2 daughters. hubby and i decided that the children and i should apply in order to increase our chances that we are leaving someone back in Nigeria but our application was refused. prior to this refusal, i have applied 3 times alone( 2 times for my siblings wedding ceremony) and 1 time to attend a conference. hubby and first daughter applied also applied together and were refused.
Obviously there is something wrong. i have made inquires if i have been banned(that's the worse i could think of) but i was told that is not the case. i have never overstayed in any of the countries i have visited.
i have 2 siblings living and working in the united states and are both legal. i have no intention what so ever to overstay.
any advise will be appreciated. thank you
I guess your information might not be consistent in your ds160 form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by omoijebujesha(f): 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You haven't answered the question on how your family members got into the US. Also, what was the outcome of your Canada TRV application? Hopefully your info with both embassies are in sync with each other though.

You require some quality travel to surmount this hurdle amongst other ties to bring to the table IMO however....
The outcome of our TRV was a refusal with family ties and travel history checked as the reasons for the refusal. It was an online application. I uploaded only my copies of previous visas( didnt attach that of hubby and then 1 daughter). Requested for the note from Cic; it didnt say otherwise.
my sister moved from the uk to America via k1 visa.
My brother is married to an american. Both ceremonies took place in America.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wabuk(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2018
Many people have been saying travel history. . . Does that mean if u haven't travel before your visa will not be approved. Pls I need more light.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by etall: 10:14am On Feb 10, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2018
toayofo:
Good day
Experts in the house. I just stumbled on this thread but I have really learnt a lot!
I need some guidance please
I want to apply for my wife and son (11 yrs) for a two week visit this summer. So I need confirmation that I got the steps right

1. Pay for visa fees for both (separate ,2 receipts)
2. Complete separate DS-160 for both, but we fill my son’s form first so we then attach his form to my wife’s at the end?
3. In the DS-160, I am a bit confused how we upload passport photo since we cannot snap from mobile phone, do we just scan the passport photo then resize it with the online tool?
4. For appointment confirmation - will it be 2 or1 appointment confirmation printed.
5. Finally, my son’s passport expires in July (less than 6 months) can we apply with this passport but get a new passport for the summer trip
Would appreciate detailed response and any other helpful info in case I missed anything. Thanks so much!

Go to a photographer and ask him/her for the soft copy of the passport photograph.... Get your son another passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2018
wabuk:
Many people have been saying travel history. . . Does that mean if u haven't travel before your visa will not be approved. Pls I need more light.
Apart from traveling out every other ties must work in your favor.... traveling out is part of the ties.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2018
etall:
Hello house,

Filling my Ds-160 now.... but my add another button for previous work/ education/ training information
is not fuctional.

NB: contacted support@ustraveldocs.com and got this reply

"The DS-160 form is under the jurisdiction of the U.S Department of State. If you are currently experiencing
difficulties/ problems while completing the DS-160 form, we advise that you attempt accessing the Consular Electronic Applicant Center website at a later time."

reopened the form over 5times again but result still same.

How do i go about this
Fill another form.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2018
Good morning. Pls do I have to fill in information for everyone under the "are there other persons travelling with you" section on every ds-160 application, or fill only for the main applicants application? I'll appreciate your kind answers. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thestarman(m): 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
petemail2all:
Good morning. Pls do I have to fill in information for everyone under the "are there other persons travelling with you" section on every ds-160 application, or fill only for the main applicants application? I'll appreciate your kind answers. Thanks.
You fill info for all applicants going with you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ok. For example, When filling the DS-160 application for my child and i Get to that point, am i expected to repeat the same process?

thestarman:

You fill info for all applicants going with you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olami101: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello house,happy wknd to you all,may we achieved all our goal and objectives ijmn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
fowlyansh181:
abeg no vex, I no grab. My passport was issued 29 of September 2017 and will expire 28 September 2022, am I good to apply for the visa?

You can be issued passport today and use it to apply for Visa tomorrow.

The int passport is the document that you can use to travel to other countries. You Just have to ensure that the passport expiration date is not less than six month by the time you intends to travel oversea

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Queenlenzo: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good evening house, i want to apply for US visa and i really need ur sincere opinion pls.
I got married 2016 but no issue between us yet, though I have a daughter of 12years old who was staying with my mum before but just moved in with us. I'm a civil servant earning about 125k monthly and I ve been working for the for about 8years same place, I'm also into petty business which is earning me more than my monthly salary. My leave is schedule for April and I wish to spend d 2weeks out of it in the US. I'm planning to go alone because hubby doesn't have a job and we believe it may have a negative impact if we apply together. Pls I want to know if it will be okay to apply alone? Also if my salary is okay for me to apply because I heard someone said one must earn big salary before one can be issue us visa? Lastly, what are the documents needed for the interview? I will really appreciate ur kind response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lextube: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello house, I am asking this question in regards to my parents.

My have a 2year visa to the U.S which they have been traveling and coming back to Nigeria concurrently.

They have 6months left to their visa, and my question is, can they go ahead and buy their flight ticket to the U.S, or should they renew their visa before they plan to visit again?

They're actually planning on staying in the U.S for 3months before coming back to Nigeria, but they're scared that they may be refused entry when they get to the U.S.

Also, if supposing they want to renew their visa now before traveling, do they need a fresh invitation letter from their siblings who are PR residence there, or they can just go ahead and fill in the information they filled in last time with the invitation they had?

Thank you.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akinkunmi2020: 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I have no idea why you were refused.
However, if I were a virgin, I would refuse you based on your work answer.
What is your loan recovery strategy?
Your answer: we first sent text message.....
What is that?! I too worked in a financial institution and know that before loans are approved, KYC evaluation is done. So if a customer defaults, isn't it logical that the first strategy would be to find out why? And make enquiries if the money Don loss, the possible means to recoup it.
All this one before sending text. Text message Sef no make any sense cos a loan demand based on contract should be by formal correspondence..

Well. Pele o

Thanks LadyGuinivere.
Know Your Client evaluation will be done prior disbursement and its the policy of my company to notify the defaulter by text/mail of the default before embarking on loan recovery(Calling, visiting or Legal). Thanks all for your kind responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 7:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
lextube:
Hello house, I am asking this question in regards to my parents.

My have a 2year visa to the U.S which they have been traveling and coming back to Nigeria concurrently.

They have 6months left to their visa, and my question is, can they go ahead and buy their flight ticket to the U.S, or should they renew their visa before they plan to visit again?

They're actually planning on staying in the U.S for 3months before coming back to Nigeria, but they're scared that they may be refused entry when they get to the U.S.

Also, if supposing they want to renew their visa now before traveling, do they need a fresh invitation letter from their siblings who are PR residence there, or they can just go ahead and fill in the information they filled in last time with the invitation they had?

Thank you.

Thank you.

They don't have any problems as long as they have not overstayed during any of their previous visits.

They also do not need to renew yet as they can still travelled with the validity left of their visa. A friend' landed POE the day her visa expires and she was still stamped 6 months even though she doesn't even have time to stay even up to 2wks.(Note I don't recommend this)

And I don't think they will have problem if they want to apply afterwards.

How old are they?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
akinkunmi2020:

Thanks LadyGuinivere.
Know Your Client evaluation will be done prior disbursement and its the policy of my company to notify the defaulter by text/mail of the default before embarking on loan recovery(Calling, visiting or Legal). Thanks all for your kind responses.

I wanted to comment when I saw you post but I just waka pass becos discussion go kanku if I start, but am now forced to

Why even open an account in the first place without conducting KYC talkless of giving out facility?

I believe the Vo expected you to mention how not to allow a credit even go bad at all in the first place. Your response on recovery strategy was not a strategy but I see it as a normal activity a bank should do ordinarily

I handled credit for 5 years (corporate and retail) before I did product mgt and I still do credit. As for recovery strategizes, it is expected that you put in place mitigants to prevent default. The core obj/ function of banking operations is to collect funds from those who have and give to those who do not have hence generating revenue for the bank. So with that at the back of your mind knowing that the bank generated revenue wch in turn will be used to pay your salary, you sud ensure from the onset that you give quality credit that should not go bad.
First endure the facility has the capability to make repayments as at wen due
Carry out periodic and regular follow-up/ relationship mgt
If need be, disbursement should be done in tranches and monitor the progress of the facility and the purpose which the facility is meant for to prevent diverting the purpose of the facility

... e plenty but typings no be my thing, tires me out besides I prefer to talk so that I can do other things.

I feel you didn't portrayed yourselves as what you claimed to be to the VO considering your length of years on the job.

I feel you now see reasons why some people here have been clamouring that your edu background vis a via your job function sometimes place a role in obtaining visa. I bet you some of these VOs are highly intelligent and are abreast with what is obtainable in various sectors.

Hope I've been able to make some sense.

I all the best in your next trial, I think you should reapply

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lextube: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
ladylco:

They don't have any problems as long as they have not overstayed during any of their previous visits.

They also do not need to renew yet as they can still travelled with the validity left of their visa. A friend' landed POE the day her visa expires and she was still stamped 6 months even though she doesn't even have time to stay even up to 2wks.(Note I don't recommend this)

And I don't think they will have problem if they want to apply afterwards.

How old are they?

Hello, thanks for your reply. My parents are in their sixties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
lextube:

Hello, thanks for your reply. My parents are in their sixties.

It's nothing to worry about. They should ensure they don't overstayed. It's not a problem
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
@Ladyico God oil your phone and the hand when type

I never did credit but I like get idea. Ofo zikwa the person when say e dey do am. If I be VO, I no go proceed after that answer sef.

@ op. Sending text is not a strategy. It's part of a process....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2018
For example, When filling the DS-160 application for my child and i Get to that point, am i expected to repeat the same process?

petemail2all:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I never did credit but I like get idea. Ofo zikwa the person when say e dey do am. If I be VO, I no go proceed after that answer sef.

Kai LadyG! This your prayer make sense weeeell. Well, e hit point and it shall manifest. grin

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by allhavesinned: 7:17am On Feb 11, 2018
Please I need help, I want to renew my visa but I cant retrive my DS 160 cnfirmation page with my Confirmation ID. Any time I key in the Confirmation ID , I will receive a message " No matching data found" but can retrive my wife and sons confirmation page with their ID. We were issued visa same day as family. Please someone should help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by allhavesinned: 7:18am On Feb 11, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Please help me Lady G:

Please I need help, I want to renew my visa but I cant retrive my DS 160 cnfirmation page with my application ID. Any time I key in the application ID , I will receive a message " No matching data found" but can retrive my wife and sons confirmation page with their ID. We were issued visa same day as family. Please someone should help. Moreover I have printed the confirmation page with same ID before and i have the copy i printed but now cant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:50am On Feb 11, 2018
wabuk:
It only increases your chances. Most applicants have family and work ties. I have been reading so many transcripts on this thread, very few people get visa without travel history

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2018
petemail2all:
Ok. For example, When filling the DS-160 application for my child and i Get to that point, am i expected to repeat the same process?

Yes, don't assume they should know. Fill every form completely and correctly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2018
Queenlenzo:
Good evening house, i want to apply for US visa and i really need ur sincere opinion pls.
I got married 2016 but no issue between us yet, though I have a daughter of 12years old who was staying with my mum before but just moved in with us. I'm a civil servant earning about 125k monthly and I ve been working for the for about 8years same place, I'm also into petty business which is earning me more than my monthly salary. My leave is schedule for April and I wish to spend d 2weeks out of it in the US. I'm planning to go alone because hubby doesn't have a job and we believe it may have a negative impact if we apply together. Pls I want to know if it will be okay to apply alone? Also if my salary is okay for me to apply because I heard someone said one must earn big salary before one can be issue us visa? Lastly, what are the documents needed for the interview? I will really appreciate ur kind response.
How much do you plan to spend on this trip? How much is your annual income? I think you should be able to come to a conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2018
hello house i am a bit of a noob regarding usa.though i have travel experience. ok so i have a friend who i am filling ds160 form since an agent charged him 400k and he cant afford. he has an invitation letter for a graduation over there. the envelope says ''do not open''. i just wanto confirm that he truly has to take the sealed letter with him and the V.O is meant to open it and not us? also how is the v.o supposed to know he has invitation? via the ds160 form i guess?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:04am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
hello house i am a bit of a noob regarding usa.though i have travel experience. ok so i have a friend who i am filling ds160 form since an agent charged him 400k and he cant afford. he has an invitation letter for a graduation over there. the envelope says ''do not open''. i just wanto confirm that he truly has to take the sealed letter with him and the V.O is meant to open it and not us? also how is the v.o supposed to know he has invitation? via the ds160 form i guess?
Who is the letter addressed to? If it ain't you, then DO NOT OPEN.
let who it's addressed to open it

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (508)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.