Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:41 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1191974 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2018
so for me personally my appointment date is early march in lagos though i havent completed my ds160 form. i have been to cairo twice, germany once and u.k once last xmas. i am single and i have been working with an FMCG since 2011. so iam going on basis of 5days vacation with my introduction letter, minimum 1m in bank account, flight and hotel booking and that's about all. Do you think i have a good chance? any tips?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2018
we odont know. we havent opened
LadyGuinivere:

Who is the letter addressed to? If it ain't you, then DO NOT OPEN.
let who it's addressed to open it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
hello house i am a bit of a noob regarding usa.though i have travel experience. ok so i have a friend who i am filling ds160 form since an agent charged him 400k and he cant afford. he has an invitation letter for a graduation over there. the envelope says ''do not open''. i just wanto confirm that he truly has to take the sealed letter with him and the V.O is meant to open it and not us? also how is the v.o supposed to know he has invitation? via the ds160 form i guess?
The V.O will not check the invitation letter that can be verify online and also the V.O will be concerned with his ''ties'' to Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2018
if v.o will not check letter, how is v.o supposed to know we have one in the first place if we dont tell him we have or we have to state in the form that we have or what? then ties with nigeria how? also i hear abuja is easier than lagos. is it true? should i book abuja for him?
seyewest:

The V.O will not check the invitation letter that can be verify online and also the V.O will be concerned with his ''ties'' to Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
so for me personally my appointment date is early march in lagos though i havent completed my ds160 form. i have been to cairo twice, germany once and u.k once last xmas. i am single and i have been working with an FMCG since 2011. so iam going on basis of 5days vacation with my introduction letter, minimum 1m in bank account, flight and hotel booking and that's about all. Do you think i have a good chance? any tips?
you have an okay travel history and no one can tell you what may happen but my advise is that you should listen to the questions thrown at you and answer clear and concise.
good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2018
i'm grateful
seyewest:

you have an okay travel history and no one can tell you what may happen but my advise is that you should listen to the questions thrown at you and answer clear and concise.
good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
if v.o will not check letter, how is v.o supposed to know we have one in the first place if we dont tell him we have or we have to state in the form that we have or what? then ties with nigeria how? also i hear abuja is easier than lagos. is it true? should i book abuja for him?
Even when you tell the V.O about the letter he/she may decide not to check it because it will add nothing to your ''ties''. The moment you start thinking one Embassy location is better than another this is when you're getting everything wrong which to my opinion is not good... Can I ask you a question?
a) Do you have travel history?
b)What is your martial status?
c)Where do you work?
d)And for how long?
e)How much do you earn?
These are what you should worried about instead of which embassy is good or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2018
ok the guy in question who i am just filling for has no travel history,single,contract staff with unilever agbara, just over a year, previously worked with an fmcg for 4years, he currently earns around 80k.
seyewest:

Even when you tell the V.O about the letter he/she may decide not to check it because it will add nothing to your ''ties''. The moment you start thinking one Embassy location is better than another this is when you're getting everything wrong which to my opinion is not good... Can I ask you a question?
c)Where do you work?
d)And for how long?
e)How much do you earn?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2018
i will book lagos jejely for him. since its close to agbara.
seyewest:

c)Where do you work?
d)And for how long?
e)How much do you earn?
These are what you should worried about instead of which embassy is good or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
ok the guy in question who i am just filling for has no travel history,single,contract staff with unilever agbara, just over a year, previously worked with an fmcg for 4years, he currently earns around 80k.
From your own deduction if you think he will get a visa fine.. if not fine but no one except the V.O can determine that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:27am On Feb 11, 2018
That's something cheesy
to be honest the invitation letter is the only hope. sort-off. but i just encouraged him to try. thats all and the letter came in and boom here we are.
seyewest:

From your own deduction if you think he will get a visa fine.. if not fine but no one except the V.O can determine that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2018
meanwhile the letter came for like 6 or 7 of them oooo. others have chosen to pay agents to help them but my guy no get shishi
seyewest:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
That's something cheesy
to be honest the invitation letter is the only hope. sort-off. but i just encouraged him to try. thats all and the letter came in and boom here we are.
Is he the one with a lot of travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2018
no thats me personally. my case is different from his.i have the travel history with no invitation. he has the invitation with no travel history. i created two seperate comments
seyewest:

Is he the one with a lot of travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
no thats me personally. my case is different from his.i have the travel history with no invitation. he has the invitation with no travel history. i created two seperate comments
oh okay... is it a must he must travel?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 10:50am On Feb 11, 2018
between me and you alone its not a must for him. but you know people na. best thing is to encourage whatever idea to avoid future brohaha and the likes
seyewest:

oh okay... is it a must he must travel?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
between me and you alone its not a must for him. but you know people na. best thing is to encourage whatever idea to avoid future brohaha and the likes
Keep us up to date after the interview... Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bosede345: 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone, I really need your advice, I got a wedding invitation to the US. Please what are the likely questions as per a wedding invitation. It's a cousin's wedding actually. No travel experience, but I work as a shop manager and married with a daughter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:

Will help Seyewest tell you what he seems to be avoiding to tell you straight up from the profile you have provided of your friend particularly and of yourself too. Your friend's IV won't be looked at, he and others with that "sealed envelope of hope" (its been sealed even complicates it all for him, it is the US embassy that gives you a sealed envelope, not the other way round if I know right) are likely already being extorted from wherever the IV is coming from. He will 95% (if not more) of the time not get the visa. Simple question, is this person not exactly planning to migrate? What interest of his will ever bring this person back to Nigeria?

Even your profile as "good" as it may seem can still easily fall flat, just concentrate on your own and tell your friend to break loose of the ring he has found himself in, very very slim chances for him to get the visa!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DaddyB01: 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello good people, please i need your advice on this matter...I'm married with two kids, my wife tried America Visa lottery 5 years ago and she won it. The problem is that, the agent that did it for her that time merged my wife with another man as her husband but they were both denied...everything happened while she was in school as a student and before we got to know each other. Now, i tried Visiting visa alone last year and was denied, so i am thinking i should try again with my family (my wife and my 2 kids). My question now is that, will my wife past profile details not going to affect the trial How should i go about it? What are we going to tell VO if question comes up regards the history. Thank you and God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
DaddyB01:
Hello good people, please i need your advice on this matter...I'm married with two kids, my wife tried America Visa lottery 5 years ago and she won it. The problem is that, the agent that did it for her that time merged my wife with another man as her husband but they were both denied...everything happened while she was in school as a student and before we got to know each other. Now, i tried Visiting visa alone last year and was denied, so i am thinking i should try again with my family (my wife and my 2 kids). My question now is that, will my wife past profile details not going to affect the trial How should i go about it? What are we going to tell VO if question comes up regards the history. Thank you and God bless.
Can you tell us about your ties? please list it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DaddyB01: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
seyewest:

Can you tell us about your ties? please list it.

I'm a Farm Manager in my father's farm. (Integrated farming).
I have 2 kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
i understand you quite well. thanks. i understand seyewest's modesty too frankly. he is planning to migrate of course. he doesnt intend to come back based on what he told me. i felt the best way to handle it is to just encourage him though i know he has an extremely slim chance. not all of us can handle the truth TBH. i remember telling him that the 1st thing i want him to know is that its not a big deal if anyone is denied and he went ahead and said oloun maje jesus this and that, hes that kind of person if u understand so i just kuku encouraged him. plus sometimes we never can say maybe smtn may just come out of nothing you know,once in a blue moon.
OmoBendel24:

Will help Seyewest tell you what he seems to be avoiding to tell you straight up from the profile you have provided of your friend particularly and of yourself too. Your friend's IV won't be looked at, he and others with that "sealed envelope of hope" (its been sealed even complicates it all for him, it is the US embassy that gives you a sealed envelope, not the other way round if I know right) are likely already being extorted from wherever the IV is coming from. He will 95% (if not more) of the time not get the visa. Simple question, is this person not exactly planning to migrate? What interest of his will ever bring this person back to Nigeria?

Even your profile as "good" as it may seem can still easily fall flat, just concentrate on your own and tell your friend to break loose of the ring he has found himself in, very very slim chances for him to get the visa!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:
i understand you quite well. thanks. i understand seyewest's modesty too frankly. he is planning to migrate of course. he doesnt intend to come back based on what he told me. i felt the best way to handle it is to just encourage him though i know he has an extremely slim chance. not all of us can handle the truth TBH. i remember telling him that the 1st thing i want him to know is that its not a big deal if anyone is denied and he went ahead and said oloun maje jesus this and that, hes that kind of person if u understand so i just kuku encouraged him. plus sometimes we never can say maybe smtn may just come out of nothing you know,once in a blue moon.
they are not "Something may come out of nothing" cheesy. U.s Embassy are "nothing may come out of something" They can be funny at times with this their ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
DaddyB01:

I'm a Farm Manager in my father's farm. (Integrated farming).
I have 2 kids.
was this the same work u used to apply first time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
true that lol
YankeeJJC:
they are not "Something may come out of nothing" cheesy. U.s Embassy are "nothing may come out of something" They can be funny at times with this their ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
DaddyB01:
After evaluating your ties and you feel you should apply, I advice you to apply without your wife. Though you will fill her details and she will try to over come the burden of misrepresentation alone after wards.
In the alternative, she can apply first and state the facts that you guys will apply later for convenience sake. She can state her case and see what happens. Either way, you all DONOT apply together. Unless you are stupendously rich and won't mind losing over 200k should fate not favor you.
That is the consequence of misrepresentation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
ufkenedy:

Before I read this post, I had already reached the conclusion that everything in "your friends " application, job included na "packaging"
If I could smell it from my batcher here in my village, no talk US embassy with research tools.
All of the guys will be denied. Advice your friend to leave Jesus outta this cos that man forbids evil. Oloun no fit epp am in this matter o. I'm telling you from personal experience of an "agbara worker" packaging I saw that earned a friend a 5 year CA ban
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DaddyB01: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
YankeeJJC:
was this the same work u used to apply first time?
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DaddyB01: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

After evaluating your ties and you feel you should apply, I advice you to apply without your wife. Though you will fill her details and she will try to over come the burden of misrepresentation alone after wards.
In the alternative, she can apply first and state the facts that you guys will apply later for convenience sake. She can state her case and see what happens. Either way, you all DONOT apply together. Unless you are stupendously rich and won't mind losing over 200k should fate not favor you.
That is the consequence of misrepresentation.

Thank you very much for this great response. I will definitely put your to max consideration.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Before I read this post, I had already reached the conclusion that everything in "your friends " application, job included na "packaging"
If I could smell it from my batcher here in my village, no talk US embassy with research tools.
All of the guys will be denied. Advice your friend to leave Jesus outta this cos that man forbids evil. Oloun no fit epp am in this matter o. I'm telling you from personal experience of an "agbara worker" packaging I saw that earned a friend a 5 year CA ban
I actually was hoping he will confess that his friend is planning to migrate but the down side to this is that none of them will be issue any visa because some of them are planning to migrate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ufkenedy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
wow thats deep. i think i have to show him these posts. thanks
LadyGuinivere:

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (508)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.