Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,291 members, 7,887,858 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1191179 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2019
hello everyone, please who knows when the next available date in Abuja is?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2019
Guys, please how long does the visa fee last before one can go for an interview. I paid since last year but yet to book a date. I linda lost interest in the whole thing. I didn't think i had ticked all the boxes to be given a visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:31am On Mar 06, 2019
butter:

Hnmmmmmmmm 4-3 months in U.S is too much, I believe you will have to be honest with the V.O about the reason why you stayed for that long in U.S, remember it's not their fault when you decided to apply for that program which I believe is not the reason why you apply for the visa in the first place.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2019
butter:
Folks, i need your help in this dilemma I'm in

We applied for a b1/b2 visa via Dropbox sometime in Feb and got a white 221g slip asking us to reappear for an interview. Due to our busy schedules we didn't pick up the passports till what later turned out to be the last day for booking a date under the 221g. We picked farthest date being sometime later towards the end of March. I figured they want to ask why we've been in the US several times over the last 2 years and what we've been doing.

A bit of background: we've been in the US several times over the last 2 years. Initially to attend a family reunion during which we spend some weeks, next to do a couple of exams and attend a couple of school interviews as we were interested in pursuing further education. We're professionals in the medical field. By the way, i was successful and got a school willing to allow me come and do my desired program. All these took a couple of months to achieve and we got leave from work to do so. We have family in the US and they were ok with helping us out accommodation wise. We also spent good time together as well, my spouse especially who hadn't seen the folks including parents for nearly 20years. Her father's health has been in decline, he's advanced in age and he really enjoyed having her and the kids especially around.Throughout out stay, we didn't have recourse to public funds in any way, we didn't overstay beyond the time allotted on the passports at the POE. We both have travel history having traveled to various countries before for conferences and to visit family. When we applied for the dropbox, we weren't planning to travel till year end, to visit. We just wanted to do the dropbox thing and be done with it.

the dilemma is this: The information from the school came late. It came in After we've already applied for the dropbox so i know at some point I'll have to appear for an interview for a student visa. I do not plan to have my family over in the US while I'm in school. It's pointless given the careers we have to stand still for 2 years, so no point in having them over especially my spouse.

i know we will be asked what we did over the last 2 years. My spouse is of the opinion we tell them apart from spending time with family, we also wrote exams etc. I feel that is at odds with the purpose for the visa which is to visit family. I've been reading on threads here that if you have to do something different, you must notify the consulate in Nigeria. At the time i didn't know this.

I am also afraid a refusal at the 221g may also affect the student visa interview as par steering the conversation away from my intending studies etc to this matter. Also i don't know if the whole issue may result in having our passports taken for the so called admin processing which i hear can take weeks. I don't want to lose this admission as it's a real career booster and not many Nigerians have it. It was also very tough and the school considers their seat exclusive and won't even defer. (Its a doctorate in my field and I'm the first African, not just Nigerian they're taking on). School will be resuming by late june and it's a 2 year program.

The dilemma is this: do we go for the 221g interview? And how do we explain our activities in a way the VO will find acceptable.

My instinct is to cancel this interview but I've been told if we do so, then that means we have something to hide, I'm thinking of writing to them asking for a rescheduling for a longer time so i can show up for the student visa interview without this clouding anything up. We also do not mind submitting a fresh application if need be. Then there's also the issue of our application being a joint one. It's my understanding that all of us must be present.

I am confused to be honest.

Cc: Justwise
we have almost same issue and what I did was allow wife and children to go first (though I had official assignment ),I ddnt cancel since I missed the interview thereafter I emailed them, they revalidated my MRV and I went for separate interview.we were completely honest and we all got it.go ahead be honest and am sure you guys will get it, though I advise your family go first without you, thereafter you can go.note that you might not get 221g appointment date again but normal interview.hope my info has been helpful

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2019
Afam4eva:
Guys, please how long does the visa fee last before one can go for an interview. I paid since last year but yet to book a date. I linda lost interest in the whole thing. I didn't think i had ticked all the boxes to be given a visa.
visa fee last one year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2019
corrall:
hello everyone, please who knows when the next available date in Abuja is?
Saw 13th March, as at yesterday. According to info their is drop in number of applicants, Abuja especially

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2019
butter:

You spent at least one year in US out of 2yrs and that is a problem. If you are employed how were you able to get more than one month leave each year?
Your employment status will be questioned.

Go for the interview and be completely honest hopefully you will get a visa but don’t be surprised if you are refused more than once.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2019
This is the truth...

1. Helping out doesn't make you an agent!
2. Some Rejections could be so grave it breaks the person down, it equally affects the person who had helped out.
3. One thing is probably certain with US visa, Rejection could come if what you are going for is still way ahead ... in a case where you will attend a function in September and you applied in February, a rejection is very possible.
4. They have a quota to give out each day, you may fall in the wrong time.
5. Most of the time when you get a rejection without any probable reason given or any thing visibly wrong situation anywhere, allow some time before you apply again, don't rush it .
6. It is not like getting a rejection is the end of the world, but having to go through the processes again is tiring for most people.
7. Most people on this thread react a little to harsh and compelling to issues that is raised by a member, we are having this issues together and the way out could be to make everyone feel good at some point, lets continue to be nice to each other around here.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
This is the truth...

2. Some Rejections could be so grave it breaks the person down, it equally affects the person who had helped out.
3. One thing is probably certain with US visa, Rejection could come if what you are going for is still way ahead ... in a case where you will attend a function in September and you applied in February, a rejection is very possible.
5. Most of the time when you get a rejection without any probable reason given or any thing visibly wrong situation anywhere, allow some time before you apply again, don't rush it .
6. It is not like getting a rejection is the end of the world, but having to go through the processes again is tiring for most people.
7. Most people on this thread react a little to harsh and compelling to issues that is raised by a member, we are having this issues together and the way out could be to make everyone feel good at some point, lets continue to be nice to each other around here.

Everything you needed is on this thread... especially asking for available date which can be easily check on the CGI site.
The truth is always harsh.
I will always take the harsh truth and get things right instead of allowing myself to be led on by false hope disguise in sweet words.
This forum is all about credibility and the moment it's gone even you will not come here.
Please let us be guarded no one is paid to work on the forum.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
Please is there anything wrong if your DS160 and appointment letter is in BLACK & WHITE??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
AdetonaDami:
Please is there anything wrong if your DS160 and appointment letter is in BLACK & WHITE??
NO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
This is the truth...

At this point, I give up! Where do you get all these “alternative” facts? You work for USCIS? The person that had a hunch that you’re an agent is spot on, I suspected same. But by all means, carry on.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Can i ask you a question?

What is your point really?

MamaOO:

At this point, I give up! Where do you get all these “alternative” facts? You work for USCIS? The person that had a hunch that you’re an agent is spot on, I suspected same. But by all means, carry on.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Visa was Refused today. No Marriage and Child and Travel Experience.
As Some of you said, I think i deem it necessary to build a travel Profile at this point.

Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Transcript please !

gimakon:
Visa was Refused today. No Marriage and Child and Travel Experience.
As Some of you said, I think i deem it necessary to build a travel Profile at this point.

Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
Transcript please !

V.O : Good Morning
Me : Good Morning to you sir
V.O : Let me have your Passport
Me : ** Hands over Passport
V.O : Why do you want to go to the USA ?
Me : I am going to the US for an Offshore technology Conference
V.O : **Quiet for sometime , OK Do you have relations in the USA?
Me : No I don't
V.O : Are You married ?
Me : No I am not
V.O : Do you have a Child ?
V.O : Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me : No I haven't
V.O : **Types for sometime, Ok /sir You do not Qualify for this visa at this time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
This Transcript is straight forward...

The VO wants to give you a Visa.

But needs a reason to give you a Visa.(from what you just wrote out).

Compare it with a VO that doesn't ask you anything about your trip or Travel History or Married or Kids

Just come up with sorry, you are not qualified for a visa!

The latter VO has already taken a decision with your application to deny you even before you go to the consulate.

Is this your first application?

gimakon:

V.O : Good Morning
Me : Good Morning to you sir
V.O : Let me have your Passport
Me : ** Hands over Passport
V.O : Why do you want to go to the USA ?
Me : I am going to the US for an Offshore technology Conference
V.O : **Quiet for sometime , OK Do you have relations in the USA?
V.O : Are You married ?
Me : No I am not
V.O : Do you have a Child ?
V.O : Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me : No I haven't
V.O : **Types for sometime, Ok /sir You do not Qualify for this visa at this time

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
First Application , yes.
I got another invitation though , but i am very skeptical this time about even thinking of applying judging by what i saw today.

Travel history? I am considering going for a Tour to maybe Cape verde and come back home, Since the new conference is due November.

Kindly Advise,

vibrant99:
This Transcript is straight forward...

The VO wants to give you a Visa.

But needs a reason to give you a Visa.(from what you just wrote out).

Compare it with a VO that doesn't ask you anything about your trip or Travel History or Married or Kids

Just come up with sorry, you are not qualified for a visa!

The latter VO has already taken a decision with your application to deny you even before you go to the consulate.

Is this your first application?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
You didnt mention if you were asked what you do for a living and how you earn!

When is the time for this initial conference that you were denied?

Travelling to cape Verde isn't much of an impressive outcry.

Maintain the first Conference when you apply again (maybe), changing lanes could be seen as a means of cajoling or appearing differently.

Travel history isn't much of an issue of you want to raise a history, Countries like European countries should be on your mind.

Have you considered travelling to Netherlands or any scanda (sweden, Netherlands, etc) countries?

gimakon:
First Application , yes.
I got another invitation though , but i am very skeptical this time about even thinking of applying judging by what i saw today.

Travel history? I am considering going for a Tour to maybe Cape verde and come back home, Since the new conference is due November.

Kindly Advise,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:

Maintain the first Conference when you apply again (maybe), changing lanes could be seen as a means of cajoling or appearing differently.

Travel history isn't much of an issue of you want to raise a history, Countries like European countries should be on your mind.

Have you considered travelling to Netherlands or any scanda (sweden, Netherlands, etc) countries?

Hmm Scandinavian nations I think would make sense in this case, a week and come back home.
Second conference is still Oil and gas too. but not like this first one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hello guys as i said earlier my interview is upper week..
Can i just go with these documents only passport, iv , work ID, and leave permission letter from my company
Going for a Graduation in may and i'm the one sponsoring and my salary is 140k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
hardeorlah:
I want to pay for my Visa fee to attend a graduation ceremony in May 11. Is there any available date before then?
From my end no. Last week of May is available
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
abiolagenius:
Hello guys as i said earlier my interview is upper week..
Can i just go with these documents only passport, iv , work ID, and leave permission letter from my company
Going for a Graduation in may and i'm the one sponsoring and my salary is 140k

Bros you don Marry? get travel History join body o, make wetin befall me no befall you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Very well, you may even fall in love with the place , US is a craze amongst many Nigerians...

But i am not discouraging , but there are too many countries out there.... SIngapore , Oh my word!!!

gimakon:

Hmm Scandinavian nations I think would make sense in this case, a week and come back home.
Second conference is still Oil and gas too. but not like this first one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
Very well, you may even fall in love with the place , US is a craze amongst many Nigerians...

But i am not discouraging , but there are too many countries out there.... SIngapore , Oh my word!!!

Hmm even checking now. Some countries by exchange Rate still makes sense for Nigerians. Na to play go there go shine eye come back. Iceland for one is really looking Good.

na to see if I fit use that one open my passport. then come back again to this US people. them go hear am this time.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:

Man didnt ask me what I do for a living. Just this last question he hammered on before giving me that Blue Slip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
You will get it the Next time sir!

I must confess.

gimakon:

Man didnt ask me what I do for a living. Just this last question he hammered on before giving me that Blue Slip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
95% of Icelanders has never left their Country( they are not much in population)

Their US embassy is most Un visited place in the whole world

gimakon:

Hmm even checking now. Some countries by exchange Rate still makes sense for Nigerians. Na to play go there go shine eye come back. Iceland for one is really looking Good.

na to see if I fit use that one open my passport. then come back again to this US people. them go hear am this time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
For those asking for available dates , I helped a relative fill today for Lagos the available date was 28th may 2019. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
So sorry for the refusal. you know VO's actually visit these pages and even have their own threads here. You just opened a thread stating you wish to relocate to Barbados, hence, they just might see your refusal as the right decision, considering your lack of ties here. Will advice you wait till you actually have a genuine tourist/conference purpose.

gimakon:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hello house! I had my interview yesterday in Abuja, but unfortunately I didn’t get it. Your thoughts were right. The 3months stay spoilt it I guess. So many families/individuals were given pink paper yesterday. I wasn’t scared though, I was hopeful
Here goes my transcript.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hello good morning (with a smiling face)
VO: can I have your passport?
Me: (hands passport over to her)
VO: have you traveled before?
Me: no, never had a reason to travel outside Nigeria
VO: So why are you going to Ohio?
Me: I’m going to visit fam; my sis, her hubby & their 2 kids. I want to go spend time with them
VO: I can see you want to stay for 3months
Me: no please, that was a mistake on my path while I was filling the form
VO: so how long do you intend to stay?
Me: I would like to stay for 4weeks
VO: ok, what do you do?
Me: I’m a business person, I import ... from China & Vietnam & sell here in Nigeria. I also sell... here...
(She listened carefully & was nodding)
VO: ok. Are you married?
Me: no, but I’m taking care of my dad here, he has ...(at this point I wasn’t audible)
VO: (nodded then brought out the pink paper & my passport) sorry you are not qualified blablabla

I felt bad, like my world became dark at that instant. But yeah! I’ve gotten the experience, I made silly mistakes while filling the form & I guess that affected me. Next time will be better.

Also, my dad reapplied through Dropbox, but he was told to reschedule for interview when he picked his passport yesterday at dhl office. So my question is this, is there a time frame to which he can reschedule or at anytime? Also if he goes for the interview, he needs someone there with him because he has hearing difficulty, so we’re thinking I apply again then book appointment the same day with my dad so that I can assist him.

I’ll get an employment letter from my uncle to show that I’m an employee in his company, that means I now have a job added to my business. What do you think guys?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by missingribs: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Got a rejection today.
Transcript
VO:Good afternoon
Me:Good afternoon how do you do
Vo:thank you,Passport pls
Me"hand over passport
Vo:relationship with the child
Me:my daughter
Vo:any other children
Me:no
Vo:where do you want to visit in the us
Me:Miami Florida
Vo:y Miami
Me:it has lot of interesting place for kids to have fun
Vo:how long are you staying in the us
Me:10days
Vo:do u have hotel reservation
Me:yes (but i latter discovered that in my ds-160 i had a reservation for an homestay)
Vo:are you married
Me:for now no but by August yes
Vo:have you travel out of the country
Me:yes,to Ghana on vacation with my fiancee
Vo:What do u do
Me:i work as xyz for abc
Vo:how long
Me:4yrs and few months
Vo:what does your fiancee do
Me:building contractor(also discovered that in my ds-160 form i had engineer)
Vo:type for a min looks up smile and said sorry to inform you that you don't qualify for a visa ds time,u can try again. Handing me the blue paper.
Me:thank you do have a lovely day.

I noticed that the Indian family my daughter was playing with were also rejected abeg y i wan vex

Has amerika no wan make i come spend my hard earn money for their country na to carry myself go try Canadian visa or Dubai

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (508)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.