Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,307 members, 7,881,128 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:05 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1189499 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
vibrant99:
Nobody is a Guru anything , everybody is using another person's experience.

Retrieve ur hubby's form, then fill another DS-160 form.

Then you will see wht you filled earlier, correct it and print it out, though the confirmation Code will be different, then update your application for Interview , update the DS-160 confirmation number.

N.B even me no be GURU, all na lie.

You this man shey you know you dey shake table with this your comment sha? Lol.

bad man!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mancala: 12:11am On Mar 09, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, this is one of the weak US immigration loop-holes that most non-immigrant visa holders migrating to the US uses to legalize their stay permanently in the US.

I am sure that the US visa officers all know this weak loop-holes and that might be one of the reasons why getting the non-immigrant visas approved is very, very hard to convince the visa officers.

I guess this is one valid reason why the VO starts with a presumption of immigration intent, and overcoming that assumption is required of the applicant for a successful interview. This system is unfair especially when there are no alternative practical methods to immigrate outside of job or family sponsorship. By their estimate, Nigeria benefited from 50k immigrant visas through the visa lottery system. By extrapolation, this would have been 50 thousand less people applying for visiting visas during that period. This is how a person going for a 9am interview this week can be number 900 in position shocked

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Arobee24: 1:08am On Mar 09, 2019
What do u mean by how to go about it since u work in a shipping company even load down Job. It shouldnt be difficult. Check the B/LS that the consignee gave to u. check properly cause it carries the port of discharge, loading n destination just make sure it the USA(Point of discharge) . ALSO make sure the BL carries the description of cars u must have told the VO . u could also take along supporting doc like invoice and packing list or a copy of inspection act and exit of the set of BL as prove
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bellefille: 1:08am On Mar 09, 2019
Good evening People. I was recently invited by a professional institute to attend an exam standard setting panel in April as a Panelist.The institute provided a supporting letter indicating that they would be responsible for ticket, feeding and accommodation(name and address of hotel also supplied). I’ve never applied for a US visa but I was in Dubai last year. I went for the interview on the 28th of February but I was declined. However, my application status on my dashboard till date shows that my Passport is with the US embassy.
Can anyone explain why it’s still indicating that my passport is with them when the opposite is the case? I’m happily married with 3 kids and I understand that visa granting is solely at the discretion of the VO. I’ll appreciate your kind responses. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JWTheocracy1: 2:59am On Mar 09, 2019
Hello guys... It's been a while but I presume people like Omobendel, seyewest, and KaptainAfrika will recall my ordeal earlier 2017 for a MRV visa... But now I'm legally based in the United States, NC to be precise... But everything here, me no understand... Please somebody should put me through how I go enter street go hustle for job, I'm not here to sleep all day and eat as I've been doing for the past 2 months.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hammed71(m): 6:55am On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:
Hello guys... It's been a while but I presume people like Omobendel, seyewest, and KaptainAfrika will recall my ordeal earlier 2017 for a MRV visa... But now I'm legally based in the United States, NC to be precise... But everything here, me no understand... Please somebody should put me through how I go enter street go hustle for job, I'm not here to sleep all day and eat as I've been doing for the past 2 months.
what's an MRV visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Durchess(f): 7:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Goodmorning everyone, I came across this page late 2018 and by then my husband and I had applied for US visit visa with an agent and we were denied the visa. Now we intend reapplying by ourselves, my question is,
Do we need to ask the agent for the username and password of the previous application or can we go ahead and fill another form. I have read through previous page I didn't see any answer to this. Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Yeah, I recall perfectly. I thought you were on Blow/job’s thread na.... We only will discuss non-immigrant visa here sir

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2019
I dedicate this song to you, my friend from before before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxV1n54CEhY

JWTheocracy1:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jkzie(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2019
Hi Narialanders,
It is advisable for someone to say he is sponsoring himself on professional conference, wherelse he borrowed money to complete the conference fee payment?

Please i need response..
Gracias
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
If you are going for a conference in the US:

1. It should be relevant to your field.

2. Conferences that are "gbam" usually have financial payments attached.

3. Conferences that are "gbam" are usually held by Internationally recognized bodies e.g. IEEE.

4. I.M.H.O, Conferences that are 1-2 days, raise red flags; again my I.M.H.O

5. Don't pay for a conference until you get your visa - paying for a conference before applying for a visa, may or may not make a difference, but to save your money, get the visa first.

6. It is an added plus, if your company has had people go for the same conference, and return as at when due.

7. Know why the conference is relevant to you, and how it would aid your career growth.

8. Attending similar conferences, in other places, can be a plus.

9. If it is self-sponsored, your salary and/or other income should reflect that you can afford this - if it is sponsored by your company, your salary and/or income should reflect that you can sustain yourself in the US. Another important factor, may be the length of time, you have worked for the company.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
KaptainAfrika:

Erhmm maybe not always bro.

Got my 1st VISA on a 2 day Conference.

Having a good paper to present at the conference adds beauty to your interview though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kulikulitapa: 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

All your data is still in US database.
Where have you been to?
j

Thanks. I have only been to UAE and Ghana in the last few years. I was naive back then and misled by so called agent.. What I'm struggling with in my heart right now is when next I apply... How can I handle this huge mistake of my past? Can I briefly explain to the VO before the interview? I don't even mind if I fail to secure the visa that same day but my intent is to clear the past record and have a fresh truthful process of visa application.
Pls. I still need your advice. Thanks and God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
Yeah, it could go both ways.

ayenikunle:

Erhmm maybe not always bro.

Got my 1st VISA on a 2 day Conference.

Having a good paper to present at the conference adds beauty to your interview though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
drwrites:
Since joining this thread for almost a decade with different Usernames, i can finally share a transcript today.
I had my interview this morning at US consulate in Lagos for 6:45am appointment.
After the normal check-ins and all, i was the first person to be interviewed by the guy in cubicle 3.
First thing i noticed on his table was a heap of blue sheet - no single white paper at sight, my confidence flew away and i was saying to myself "shey this guy no plan to give anybody visa today?"
Trancript below

Vo - Pass me your passport (the guy appear like person wey no won work, e no even greet me)
Me - I passed it to him
Vo - Why are you going to the US?
Me - To attend an international conference on digital health
Vo - What is digital health?
Me - I told him(upon all my preparation i no prepare for this question, so i stuttered at the start but later gathered momentum)
Vo- What do you plan to gain from this conference?
Me - I told him (but i spoke more on my poster...mentioned the importance to me as an Epidemiologist )
Vo - But i thought you are a Veterinarian (he saw that on my Ds160 i suppose)
Me - Yes am a Veterinary Epidemiologist
Vo - How long have you been working?
Me- I answered
Vo - Are you married?
Me - Yes
Vo - You have kids?
Me- Yes, 2
Vo - Who is sponsoring this trip?
Me - Myself
Vo- Do you have your Account statement there?
Me - sighed, i do not have it with me here (i no carry my statement cuz of some things i read here that it is so impt...infact, the only document i took along with me aside appointment and Ds160 confirmation was the Invitation Letter for the conference, Marriage and my Kid's birth certificate)

Na so he put hand for up on the shelf, and brought a white paper, wrote my name on it, circled an address and wrote Bank statement on the 5 o'clock corner of the paper.
He handed out the paper to me and told me to send my Bank statement to the circled address, and my passport.

To my questions:
1. For people that have had experiences close to mine...i stay outside lagos, can i courier the statement of account and passport to the GSS Document collection Center address circled...or i must take it there myself physically?

2. Do i need to attach any cover-letter while dispatching the docs.

3. How do i know when my Visa has been approved and affixed to my passport?

If you can, please do everything physically and after submission of the docs, check www.ceac.state.gov for update on your visa... Congrats in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
groovychik:
Where you fillef your DS160 form

quote author=drwrites post=76463107]
thank you @groovychik, please what do you mean by ceac...and how do i check the status?

www.ceac.state.gov

look for check visa status.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Mad man.... grin grin grin you don jaaa cheesy but what is MRV Visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, I recall perfectly. I thought you were on Blow/job’s thread na.... We only will discuss non-immigrant visa here sir

Which one is blow/job thread again... shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kulikulitapa:
j

Thanks. I have only been to UAE and Ghana in the last few years. I was naive back then and misled by so called agent.. What I'm struggling with in my heart right now is when next I apply... How can I handle this huge mistake of my past? Can I briefly explain to the VO before the interview? I don't even mind if I fail to secure the visa that same day but my intent is to clear the past record and have a fresh truthful process of visa application.
Pls. I still need your advice. Thanks and God bless

It's advisable to clear any incorrect info about you at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

MRV = Machine Readable Visa....

seyewest:

Which one is blow/job thread again... shocked

Blowjobs na. Getting A Greencard By Adjustment of Status:My Yankee Experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hammed71(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
OmoBendel24:

MRV = Machine Readable Visa....

Blowjobs na. Getting A Greencard By Adjustment of Status:My Yankee Experience
machine readable visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drwrites: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

If you can, please do everything physically and after submission of the docs, check www.ceac.state.gov for update on your visa... Congrats in advance.

thank you much @seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Since you are legally based, things should be very easy for you na...

We should be able to learn one or two things from you sef.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
ayenikunle:

Since you are legally based, things should be very easy for you na...

We should be able to learn one or two things from you sef.

Legally based means work authorization pending green card etc... so why is he finding it difficult to work? abi wetin you feel @ayenikunle?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:
Baba, me I remember. I didn't see your transcript, can you repost it. Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

Legally based means work authorization pending green card etc... so why is he finding it difficult to work? abi wetin you feel @ayenikunle?

Same way you feel bros. wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jkzie(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
KaptainAfrika:

1. It should be relevant to your field.

2. Conferences that are "gbam" usually have financial payments attached.

3. Conferences that are "gbam" are usually held by Internationally recognized bodies e.g. IEEE.

5. Don't pay for a conference until you get your visa - paying for a conference before applying for a visa, may or may not make a difference, but to save your money, get the visa first.

6. It is an added plus, if your company has had people go for the same conference, and return as at when due.

7. Know why the conference is relevant to you, and how it would aid your career growth.

8. Attending similar conferences, in other places, can be a plus.

9. If it is self-sponsored, your salary and/or other income should reflect that you can afford this - if it is sponsored by your company, your salary and/or income should reflect that you can sustain yourself in the US. Another important factor, may be the length of time, you have worked for the company.

Cheers.

Thanks... Much useful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
Mancala:

This may sound like splitting hairs, but lets make an important distinction. Converting a B1/B2 visa to something else like a permanent residency while in the US is not illegal in itself. What is frowned upon is immigration intent at the time of obtaining the B1/B2. You should not obtain a visiting visa when your intent is to immigrate or with the express intent to convert to a permanant residency when you get to the U.S. If you tell the VO, as you rightly should, that you plan to stay and convert when you arrive in the U.S., you will most likely be denied and advised to apply for the appropriate visa category (whatever that is, and good luck with that).

However, if you obtain a visiting visa with the original intent of visiting and returning at the appropriate time, but circumstances change while you are visiting... for example, by chance, you meet and fall in love with the "love of your life" and get legally married.... in this case, you are perfectly within the law to change your visa through the AOS process. It all depends on original intent which almost always resides in the applicants head and leads to subjective means to determine. Kudos to the OP for coming clean with his intent and making the VO's job easy. He is either an honest gentleman, or extremely naive grin

You are wicked grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by streetwise2015: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Good evening Nairalanders....A friend is coming from the USA to Visit me in Nigeria...Does she need a Visa to Visit me in Nigeria?...Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kulikulitapa: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

It's advisable to clear any incorrect info about you at the embassy.
Thanks my brother. I will definitely do that in my next application. I'm very grateful for your cleared enlightenment. God bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by missingribs: 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
seyewest:

Too much grammar

It is simply visa.MACHINE READABLE VISA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by missingribs: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

MRV ke....this wan odiqua hard.
Or u mean TRV
MRV:machine readable visa
TRV:TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.