Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,118 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1189496 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
@ streetwise,what passport is she holding?
streetwise2015:
Good evening Nairalanders....A friend is coming from the USA to Visit me in Nigeria...Does she need a Visa to Visit me in Nigeria?...Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
streetwise2015:
Good evening Nairalanders....A friend is coming from the USA to Visit me in Nigeria...Does she need a Visa to Visit me in Nigeria?...Thank you

Apply for Business visa on arrival for your friend, I think it's around $50-$100.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by promisechild(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
hello house i just filled my B1/B2 form today.I am scheduled to arrive U S A on the 21th of May and my appointment date is 26th of march. Hope the time frame between my interview date and journey is not lengthy and it would not have any negative effect on my application? gurus in the house please come to my aid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bellefille: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
bellefille:
Good evening People. I was recently invited by a professional institute to attend an exam standard setting panel in April as a Panelist.The institute provided a supporting letter indicating that they would be responsible for ticket, feeding and accommodation(name and address of hotel also supplied). I’ve never applied for a US visa but I was in Dubai last year. I went for the interview on the 28th of February but I was declined. However, my application status on my dashboard till date shows that my Passport is with the US embassy.
Can anyone explain why it’s still indicating that my passport is with them when the opposite is the case? I’m happily married with 3 kids and I understand that visa granting is solely at the discretion of the VO. I’ll appreciate your kind responses. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2019
promisechild:
hello house i just filled my B1/B2 form today.I am scheduled to arrive U S A on the 21th of May and my appointment date is 26th of march. Hope the time frame between my interview date and journey is not lengthy and it would not have any negative effect on my application? gurus in the house please come to my aid.

It shouldn't be a problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by decong: 3:55am On Mar 10, 2019
Please im trying to book appointment but cant create new user for 2days now. Is it the portal or what please

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 5:05am On Mar 10, 2019
Hello family, please, my cousin and her family wants to renew their b1/b2 visa. The visa is still valid till August though but they wanna renew it. In case they get denied. Will the formal one still be valid?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Durchess(f): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2019
Goodmorning everyone, I came across this page late 2018 and by then my husband and I had applied for US visit visa with an agent and we were denied the visa. Now we intend reapplying by ourselves, my question is, 
Do we need to ask the agent for the username and password of the previous application or can we go ahead and fill another form. I have read through previous page I didn't see any answer to this. Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 7:33am On Mar 10, 2019
emeldamicheals:
Hello family, please, my cousin and her family wants to renew their b1/b2 visa. The visa is still valid till August though but they wanna renew it. In case they get denied. Will the formal one still be valid?
to your question the answer is NO. I also advise they wait until say June-July before drop box(a month to two weeks before expiration). Speaking from personal experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2019
Durchess:
Goodmorning everyone, I came across this page late 2018 and by then my husband and I had applied for US visit visa with an agent and we were denied the visa. Now we intend reapplying by ourselves, my question is, 
Do we need to ask the agent for the username and password of the previous application or can we go ahead and fill another form. I have read through previous page I didn't see any answer to this. Tnx
depends on the kind of person you are dealing with, if he or she will be willing to give you meanwhile you can still do it yourself, from a close friend experience,all you do is update profile and request for change of email at the point of booking appointment,you will need to attach your passport datapage for both of you. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by streetwise2015: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2019
ozymes:
@ streetwise,what passport is she holding?

@ozymes She is an American Citizen and Holds an American Passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fkj950ax(m): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2019
emeldamicheals:

Yes it will. Current Visa will still be valid.

If they are sceptical of getting denied a renewal, have they run foul of US laws previously.

The can be denied entry at POE even with the valid Visa if there's any pending issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by streetwise2015: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2019
seyewest:

Apply for Business visa on arrival for your friend, I think it's around $50-$100.

@seyewest How can i apply for business visa on arrival for her without her going through the hurdles over there in America Or is better of her Applying for the Visa in America herself..Thank you N.B...She is an American Citizen and holds an American Passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Durchess(f): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2019
awumen:
depends on the kind of person you are dealing with, if he or she will be willing to give you meanwhile you can still do it yourself, from a close friend experience,all you do is update profile and request for change of email at the point of booking appointment,you will need to attach your passport datapage for both of you. Goodluck
Tnk u , pls can you explain further. All we have right now is the printed pages of what we took to the interview. Even the previous appointment details was not sent us. Everything was through the agent and a third party was involved too. That's why I want to know if we can follow the processes stated on this platform and start afresh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2019
seyewest:

If you can, please do everything physically and after submission of the docs, check www.ceac.state.gov for update on your visa... Congrats in advance.
oga you and LadyG should stop posting trash please , how can you deceive people like this ?now you are suggesting to him what to do ...... how can you tell people that account statement is not important applying for USA visa ?i have lived with white all my life , they take things easy if they do not ask mr A for his account statement does not mean they will not ask MR B . please before you post .think .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2019
fummylolah:
Good Morning,

I had my VISA interview at Lagos Embassy today with my husband and was denied. Felt kind of bad really because I was looking forward to the occasion I was intending to travel for (Graduation of sister in-law in Newyork) but thankful also. it was quiet an experience.

Interview time was 6:45am
Got to the embassy at 6:00am
There were ocean of people there already.

Did the normal process to get access into the building and finally was interviewed by 7:40am

Was interviewed by the black lady in Point 6

TRANSCRIPT

VO: Goodmorning
HUBBY /I: Good morning madam
VO: Can I have your passport?
Hubby: Here it is
V/O: What is your relationship with the person you are going to meet
Hubby: My Baby Sister
VO: Where in America
Hubby: Bronx, Newyork
VO: What do you do for a living
Hubby: I am a Business Man
VO: What type of Business
Hubby: I own an Hotel and Manage the day to day activities
VO: How many kids do you have
Hubby/I: Two children
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Hubby/I: No we have not
V/O: Madam what do you do for a living
I: I am an HR Personnel, I work as the Head, HR/Admin of XYZ
V/O: I am sorry yo are not eligible for....................... (SEEM TO GO DEAF INSTANTLY)

I managed to smile and said thank you.

Kindly give for view of the interview and where I might have gotten it wrong.

Thank you.
I feel because you have not traveled out of the country . You stand a chance with your kind of business IF you have traveled around Africa and some parts of asa . it does not cost much compare to what you pay agent's here on nairaland .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by frankloloko: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2019
please i need some help , i was rejected last year and this year i have traveled to two African countries .If i apply again do i stand a chance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2019
AZUH:
oga you and LadyG should stop posting trash please , how can you deceive people like this ?now you are suggesting to him what to do ...... how can you tell people that account statement is not important applying for USA visa ?i have lived with white all my life , they take things easy if they do not ask mr A for his account statement does not mean they will not ask MR B . please before you post .think .

cheesy cheesy who let you out? Orisirisi. Now you’re living with whites? Wetin we no go see for NL

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
Thanks

quote author=fkj950ax post=76515365]

If they are sceptical of getting denied a renewal, have they run foul of US laws previously.

The can be denied entry at POE even with the valid Visa if there's any pending issue.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
Thanks

quote author=awumen post=76513571]to your question the answer is NO. I also advise they wait until say June-July before drop box(a month to two weeks before expiration). Speaking from personal experience [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
MamaOO:

cheesy cheesy who let you out? Orisirisi. Now you’re living with whites? Wetin we no go see for NL
agent number 1
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
decong:
Please im trying to book appointment but cant create new user for 2days now. Is it the portal or what please

Use another email and browser.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2019
streetwise2015:

@seyewest How can i apply for business visa on arrival for her without her going through the hurdles over there in America Or is better of her Applying for the Visa in America herself..Thank you N.B...She is an American Citizen and holds an American Passport

You will be the one to apply for her... go to the Nigeria Immigration Service website... it's straight forward but the payment port is kind of hard to use but you will eventually get it done.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

The can be denied entry at POE even with the valid Visa if there's any pending issue.

If you apply for Visa renewal, your current visa will be cancelled no matter the expiry date on it (Even though they deny or issue the visa).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
AZUH:

Don't you ever in your life quote me...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

current visa won't be valid if they apply now.i submitted my application 5 weeks to expiration in November 2018 and it was returned with 221g appointment and the current visa at that time was "cancel without prejudice"?I don't think you can have same visa of same category in same passport....gurus help to clarify pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
seyewest:

If you apply for Visa renewal, your current visa will be cancelled no matter the expiry date on it (Even though they deny or issue the visa).
thanks for clarity
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2019
In case you don't know , if you do Dropbox,they will be stamped "canceled without prejudice" or "canceled with prejudice" depending on the way the existing visa was used.
emeldamicheals:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Then apply for VOA for her
streetwise2015:

@ozymes She is an American Citizen and Holds an American Passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrprolifik: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
promisechild:

You have nothing to worry about. I applied for my visa to the usa last year November like 8 days before my intended day of travel and I was given a year visa. So stay positive .Though in my case I had to schedule an emergency appointment and it was done in europe where I live.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2019
seyewest:

Don't you ever in your life quote me...
pained agent number 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.