Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,986 members, 7,883,415 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:23 AM

Learn How To Write A Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Learn How To Write A Song (772 Views)

A Talented Singer Who Don't Know How To Write A Lyrics / I Want To Write A Song For You Airforce1 / Do You Want To Learn How To Write A Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Write A Song by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2010
[size=13pt]Most people love music! Have you ever wanted to write your own songs? Writing your own songs is a great way to get out your feelings and express your creativity at the same time!

Instructions

Step 1. A good place to start when deciding to write a song would be to learn some music theory. There are plenty of websites out there that have tons of information on music theory. You don't need a college education on the subject but it would be good to pick up some of the basics.

Step 2. Next you are going to want to actually put pencil to paper and write your song. Don't just sit there for endless hours wondering what your song should be about. Think about something that happened to you that really effected you or something you really feel strongly about and write a few rhyming lines. I say rhyming because that will be the easiest ways to start out, not all songs need to rhyme.

Step 3. Now that you know a little music theory and you know in general what you would like your song to look like in terms of lyrics start learning about song structure. Listen to music and pick out the different parts of the song based on the song structure you have read about and then try to apply structure to your own lyrics.

Step 4. Make sure you are ready for anything that could possibly inspire a song in you. Carry around a pen and a notepad and leave one by your bed at night. This way if something strikes you during the day you will be ready to write it down and you won't forget it later.

Step 5. Make sure your song comes from the heart. One of the easiest ways to do this is to simply tell a story. If you tell a story about something that actually happened to you and how it really made you feel then it will be a genuine song, you will be happy with it and other people will be able to tell that you really put some effort into the song.

GoodLuck. . . . wink
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Write A Song by ElRazur: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Music theory is one of the things anyone who wants to do music needs to learn. I looked up the other day and from time to time I go there to check again. I recently ordered a book that makes it simplified.

The music theory is not an easy thing to just read an comprehend all in one go as one have to get hands on practice etc.

As for writing a song, I am not sure it can be taught. I am of the belief that some things comes naturally and when taught, it feels mechanised.
Re: Learn How To Write A Song by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2010
[size=13pt]I feel you man ,every musician needs to know the basics of music theory , so far i have known of muscians that dont have the brain to write a song of their own but instead they go and buy from song writters which isn't far enough.Well, song writting isn't really easy but as a musician knowing how to write a song of your own would defiantely make--up big difference. wink[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Re: Death Blow 2 Is My Favourite Again. Da Vinci Mode Is Finally Out / Full List Of Winners At Hiphop World Awards 2010 / New Video For Mo Cheddah & Chuddy K - Shampoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.