Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,343 members, 7,950,686 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:30 PM

Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! (19260 Views)

Ekiti Rolls Out Poultry Disease Advisory Awareness And Prevention Measures / See Why You Should Not Drink Directly From The Bottle / Eat As Many Eggs As Possible- Poultry Association Of Nigeria (PAN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by kay29000(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hmm
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by empressflk(f): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
ichidodo:
Dunno how a chicken taking a shyte can create so much fuss... Tis bout smell?Get an industrial air freshener for the creche instead of reorganizing her life setup and all.....Jes cuz of chicken shyte.
Ya damn rite buh it aint gonna work al d tym undecided

1 Like

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by henry247(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
She could as well help pack the poultry poo every 2 days if she's in dier need of the job. Just a lil sacrifice on her own part.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by darlenese(f): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
anitapreeti:
angry y'all are saying quit your job, change crèche blah blah blah! Trash!

What if she was the one keeping the poultry in her compound? Won't her children get used to the smell? Some of you forming tu_sh live in the dirtiest part of Nigeria. Has the smell killed u or caused infection for u??

And to op, whether its u or ur sister, I'm sure you know what to do undecided

May God bless u for being sincere , there are kids living close to open smelly gutters ,have they died ?
there are people who have poultry in their compound , have they died ?

Nigerians are really hypocrites .
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by dadebayo1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Skinglow:
Hi everyone,please I send this mail on behalf of my sister in law,she has been crying for weeks.

She works with a school somewhere in Ogun state,the school has a creche for staff where she keeps her 5months old baby,now the issue is that the creche was moved from a cubicle to a slightly bigger room directly beside the school's poultry,the smell that oozes into the creche is sickening in her words,she said they only pack the poo once in a week,which makes the smell bad,a new staff who joined said she can't bring her child cos of the smell,this was the awakening call,she has been moody and crying for weeks ,she dsnt have help and she can't resign(the job is really needed),they spoke with their director's p.a so he can talk to him,Bt so far nothing,he then told her and other worried parents in confidence that they should involve external body like Ministry of health cos the man is making so much from there and he won't bulge,but she dosnt know how to go about it, please help us,cos of the long term adverse effect on these children.
God bless ,please Help!!!

Kindly pm the name of the school to me and location.. I have a friend that works with the ministry of education. We can schedule an inspection visit... Then leave the rest to us.. Trust me they will relocate the creche to another block within the school... Pray they have a Government approval grin

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by sinator(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Incorrect headline.. You cant say directly beside.
Its either directly opposite or directly proportional

Thanks
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
angelo5uk:
Even if she takes her child else where... What about the health of the other children...... Reporting to the authorities is the moral thing to do here.
They may tell him to take his poultry elsewhere
other parents should do d same naa. How can u imagine putting a child beside poultry and be crying instead of taking the child the he'll away from there
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
sinator:
Incorrect headline.. You cant say directly beside.
Its either directly opposite or directly proportional

Thanks
let me correct your correction.
It's Adjacent
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by habsydiamond(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
one word for u..... run for your life while u still can.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
darlenese:

May God bless u for being sincere , there are kids living close to open smelly gutters ,have they died ?

what d hell are u saying?

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by sinator(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
meforyou1:
let me correct your correction.
It's Adjacent
so ur trying to say there is directly adjacent?
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
sinator:
so ur trying to say there is directly adjacent?
illiterate
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
darlenese:
so I guess u want the creche to close down right ?

you don't want to loose your job but u want him to loose his business , u must be very selfish , instead of looking for another creche for ur child u want ministry of health to close down the poultry , isnt that a wicked thought ?

I have been saying "you" because I know the Op is the one with the problem .

ichidodo
Dunno how a chicken taking a shyte can create so much fuss... Tis bout smell?Get an industrial air freshener for the creche instead of reorganizing her life setup and all.....Jes cuz of chicken shyte.

darlenese

Nigerians are really hypocrites

anitapreeti
y'all are saying quit your job, change crèche blah blah blah! Trash!

What if she was the one keeping the poultry in her compound? Won't her children get used to the smell? Some of you forming tu_sh live in the dirtiest part of Nigeria. Has the smell killed u or caused infection for u??

And to op, whether its u or ur sister, I'm sure you know what to do undecided

When I see posts like this, I cannot but marvel at how thoroughly the Nigerian educational system has done its job of dispensing ignorance in place of enlightenment.
It is amazing to me that in 2017, some people do not know that humans can fall ill and die from diseases acquired from birds. Young children all presumably infants and toddlers, with immature immune systems are exposed to aerosolized contaminants and infective agents which even basic biology will tell you is a hazard ; and some readers here do not see an issue. What a shame !

Nigeria has really deep problems.

A quick google check shows this result for "diseases transmissible by birds":

Bird flu, Avian influenza. Avian influenza is a virus carried by birds. ...
Botulism, Limberneck (Clostridium botulinum) ...
Campylobacteriosis (Campylobacter spp.) ...
E. coli (Escherichia coli O157:H7) ...
Salmonellosis (Salmonella spp.) ...
West Nile virus (WNV)

OP report to the ministry of Environment or Health and make sure you follow up the case to save the lives of those innocent children. The poultry must be closed down.
You know what to do; why are you delaying ?

1 Like

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by domchike(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
just post ur story with the name and address of the school here and on Facebook
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by ichidodo: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

When I see posts like this, I cannot but marvel at how thoroughly the Nigerian educational system has done its job of dispensing ignorance in place of enlightenment.
It is amazing to me that in 2017, some people do not know that humans can fall ill and die from diseases acquired from birds.
What a crying shame !

A quick google check shows these diseases:
West Nile virus (WNV)

OP report to the ministry of Environment or Health and make sure you follow up the case to save the lives of those innocent children. The poultry must be closed down.
Well, your educational background must be fraught with a heavy dose of myopia,oversabi and quakery....else you must have realized that all poultry zoonotic diseases are spread by constant and consistent surface contact with effluvia from affected specimen....We don't see how chicken blood, urine or shyte can possibly sail through the air and find itself inside a creche,possibly, hundreds of feet away ....maybe your educational background tells you that disease or zoonotic diseases to be precise can be spread via smell...
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by MissJoy29(f): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Divay22:
Let her take her baby to another creche na..
Prevention is better than cure pls.
Most school owners do not allow their staff to take their babies to another crèche.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Write a formal letter of complaint to the school and stamp and deliver and get someone to sign for it. You are a concerned parent there’s nothing wrong with that. Should they relent on the issue complain to the authorities they won’t shut it down but they will ensure they put the child’s well being far ahead of their business plans
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Divay22(f): 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

Most school owners do not allow their staff to take their babies to another crèche.
Then she had to choose between her baby's health and her job..
Not forgetting that when the baby gets ill from perceiving those offensive smell, she's still use the money to run her around...

Prevention is better than cure...
She'll get another job, let her leave.. Her baby comes first.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
ichidodo:
Well, your educational background must be fraught with a heavy dose of myopia,oversabi and quakery....else you must have realized that all poultry zoonotic diseases are spread by constant and consistent surface contact with effluvia from affected specimen....We don't see how chicken blood, urine or shyte can possibly sail through the air and find itself inside a creche,possibly, hundreds of feet away ....maybe your educational background tells you that disease or zoonotic diseases to be precise can be spread via smell...

Eveytime you write , I cringe at how reason, knowledge and logic are viciously assaulted.
As an exercise, please go through your submission and pick the logical inconsistencies and unfounded assumptions.
I'm not sure I can help you.

Peace
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by trendyprettygir: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
ichidodo:

Apparently either you still single or have never done poultry business before. If not, you would understand this is a very serious issue. Industrial air freshener in a Creche?

Hello Op please report that school anonymously to health ministry-that’s if they would even do anything. Corruption has eaten so deep in our land. Besides all parents (non-teachers) with kids in the Creche should come together and have a meeting with the owner, he might do something.

Also try getting some other job.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by ijrm: 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
This is why I don't employ women with babies... with their different complain and excuses...today my baby is sick,Tomorrow my husband is sick ,they don't come to work and they expect complete salary. The only thing they know is to complain and gossip. The proprietor is helping her by giving her a job...on her own part she's is trying to close down the school can u imagine...when she can take her baby to another creche if she's are not okay with the school creche.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by MissJoy29(f): 9:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Divay22:

Then she had to choose between her baby's health and her job..
Not forgetting that when the baby gets ill from perceiving those offensive smell, she's still use the money to run her around...

Prevention is better than cure...
She'll get another job, let her leave.. Her baby comes first.
Exactly! . Let her leave.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by pillowz: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2017
So there is no other school asides that particular one?
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by darlenese(f): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

It is amazing to me that in 2017, some people do not know that humans can fall ill and die from diseases acquired from birds. Young children all presumably infants and toddlers, with immature immune systems are exposed to aerosolized contaminants and infective agents which even basic biology will tell you is a hazard ; and some readers here do not see an issue. What a shame !

Nigeria has really deep problems.

A quick google check shows this result for "diseases transmissible by birds":

West Nile virus (WNV)

so with ur education and research , Birth Flu is caused by the smell of birds right ?
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by darlenese(f): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
ijrm:
This is why I don't employ women with babies... with their different complain and excuses...today my baby is sick,Tomorrow my husband is sick ,they don't come to work and they expect complete salary. The only thing they know is to complain and gossip. The proprietor is helping her by giving her a job...on her own part she's is trying to close down the school can u imagine...when she can take her baby to another creche if she's are not okay with the school creche.

u just spoke my mind .
she doesn't want to take the child somewhere else , and she doesn't want to quit the job either ,but instead she wants her employer poultry to be closed down , this is height of wickedness if u ask me.
very annoying .

1 Like

Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
darlenese:

so with ur education and research , Birth Flu is caused by the smell of birds right ?

Don't post dumb sh..t on public fora and expose your illiteracy and ignorance. Is it not better to quietly accept your wrong and seek to improve ?
None of your contributions to this thread are rooted in any form of science, instead you have brought up all sorts of emotional and pecuniary arguments.

Proximity to birds is the strongest causative factor for avian influenza.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by darlenese(f): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Don't post dumb sh..t on public fora and expose your illiteracy and ignorance. Is it not better to quietly accept your wrong and seek to improve ?
None of your contributions to this thread are rooted in any form of science, instead you have brought up all sorts of emotional and pecuniary arguments.

Proximity to birds is the strongest causative factor for avian influenza.

are u ignorant or u are trying to play pretend. tell me u dnt know most poultries in Nigeria are usually located around residential area. keep screaming science as u live in a developed country .
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Skinglow(f): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
lazygal:

They really should involve the ministry of health as advised.. What rubbish I don't know y some people. Are so selfish .....I'd the creche free so what nonsense?

Tell the to stop crying and take actions in fact let them flood it on social media ..blogs ,including pictures ..let them also tag necessary organizations ..in less han a month they will see wonders of God grin
darlenese:

[quote author=darlenese post=61702419]

u just spoke my mind .
she doesn't want to take the child somewhere else , and she doesn't want to quit the job either ,but instead she wants her employer poultry to be closed down , this is height of wickedness if u ask me..

The man has several sources of income ,but that is not even the issue,no one is asking him to close down the poultry,just show concern and relocate it,its just beside the creche ,no space to even pass through,its that close.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Skinglow(f): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
who Said anything about closing the school down,If they do will she even have the job she is seriously trying to hold on to?
all she wants is for the creche or poultry to be relocated.Nigerians are just funny sometimes,stop turning this into something else,thank you.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Skinglow(f): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
dadebayo1:

Kindly pm the name of the school to me and location.. I have a friend that works with the ministry of education. We can schedule an inspection visit... Then leave the rest to us.. Trust me they will relocate the creche to another block within the school... Pray they have a Government approval grin
Thank you.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Skinglow(f): 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
henry247:
She could as well help pack the poultry poo every 2 days if she's in dier need of the job. Just a lil sacrifice on her own part.
Seriously?? Thank you.
Re: Poultry Directly Beside A Creche,please Help!!! by Skinglow(f): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
darlenese:

Those who have it in their compounds dont live beside it,Theres always some distance.,she Said they only Pack this once a week,so just imagine the fermented stench,and these are babies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... / Lasting Longer In Bed!!dapoxetine Rocks / Do You Have A Phobia(s)? Mention Here..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.