Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True (36110 Views)

Home Remedies For Pimples You Can Try Today / Demystifying The Myths On Depression By Mmachi Offurum / Five Nutritional Myths That You Believe But Are False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
RapportNaija:

Well my body reacts to oil the same hers does, and I am sure we are not alone in this world. That there is no empirical evidence or explanation does not mean that oily face or fat rich foods does not cause pimples.

That some people live out in the open with mosquitoes and never get malaria does not mean mosquitoes does not cause malaria.

nony43:
M

Finstar:
Nh
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by pweshboi(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
NicoBaba:
I like d Original u inserted in ur reply
bro'vr the fake ones ehn nah bleaching cream dem put inside oo
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by fxbking: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
fxbking:
I.T Training and Certification Online, Click here:- http://dimoch.com/stgapply.html
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Lekan111(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2017
[/quote]
Finstar:
Nh
Murainah1:
Generalkaycee:
ekmike:
my
nony43:
M
Kizyte:
D
[quote author=nony43 post=61559051]M[/quote
wake up already on front page
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:
I'm very sure oil contributes to acne- talking from my own personal experience.
I had acne on my face, and it was so much, tried lots of creams, soap and cleansers but it was not working.
Believe me I became a researcher on acne, always browsing on causes of acne and likes.
Until I found out that its not only bacteria on the skin that causes acne, fungi also causes equal damage and using something that fights bacteria on it won't do any good.
The fungi on the skin acts on the oil , thereby forming the acne, the best treatment is staying off oil in any form which is impossible.

I had to reduce oil intake and used oral ketoconazole for a while before using the topical treatment of it.
Trust me, my face is now far far better.
I still notice that anytime I take much of something fried , or other oily foods i still get one or two breakouts.

So, I don't agree with the first point

I quite agree with you. I am a smooth face person but if I eat lots of butter or groundnuts, I have lots of pimples coming out on my face. Actually, Palm Oil does not give me the same effect.

I agree, low oil helps prevent/reduce pimples.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by burner44(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Use to hear red and yellow capsule can do the magic against pimple
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Austin234(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2017
I love ur reaction. Very pertinent and not dragging first to comment (FTC) nonsense
Adexprint:
what's even the best cure
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Moonland100(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Adexprint:
what's even the best cure
I had it too and not a good one at all and when I went to a dermatologist she told me to stop taking in "sugars" and "milk", and since then my face has become normal again.
She said I should not use cream or anything if I don't want to complicate it although am using Shea butter. Just bath and go on your way.
Also, don't use medicated soap. Just normal good soap but for me am using "dove".
If you pimples just try this method and I have 95% assurance that it will work.

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Ever thought that that is your body's personal reaction to oil? That you react that way does not mean other will which is the point being made here

Dermatologists have agreed that eating oily foods and chocolates don’t cause acne.

This is the point made in the article. It did not say some. It says don't cause. Which I disagree and agree with the above comment.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by haconjy(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Well am not saying this is true or not but I know doctors do lie too... of cause you don't expect them. to tell the true causes of a particular infection until that thing is common...

also, nature do change meaning considering what's happening today might have changed the earlier causes...

lastly, what I know is that all these are not general cause our body chemistry is different....

Just know yourself, and take good care of your self
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by gregyboy(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:
I had acne on my face, and it was so much, tried lots of creams, soap and cleansers but it was not working.
Believe me I became a researcher on acne, always browsing on causes of acne and likes.
Until I found out that its not only bacteria on the skin that causes acne, fungi also causes equal damage and using something that fights bacteria on it won't do any good.
The fungi on the skin acts on the oil , thereby forming the acne, the best treatment is staying off oil in any form which is impossible.

I had to reduce oil intake and used oral ketoconazole for a while before using the topical treatment of it.
I still notice that anytime I take much of something fried , or other oily foods i still get one or two breakouts.

ur right on this one and o.p is wrong even dirt also causes it wen u dont watch of the oil on your face early it will definately have acne
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by 9jawear(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Interesting article

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by carzhiemglows001(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

ajokebelle:

ajokebelle:

picture of ur face or I don't bliv it
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by excel101(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2017
From my personal experience: eating groundnuts gives me pimples/ Acne.

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by wildchild02: 7:54am On Oct 19, 2017
I don't believe any before grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Bestchoice4me(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Ever thought that that is your body's personal reaction to oil? That you react that way does not mean other will which is the point being made here
4get it man,I experience same here,anytime I eat fried foods,or roasted groundnut,chin-chin,I've it all over my face in d following day till I reduced it 2 d bearest minimum.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by otusnora(f): 7:58am On Oct 19, 2017
some ladies experience acne breakout especially wen they want to hav their AF, common with most girls, after AF, it reduces. Some say if they eat butter, it increases acne also. I had severe acne as a teenager, I tried every tip i ws given, e din go away. Nw i am 30, it just started reducing on its own. With or without AF. So some ppls pimples will clear off as they age.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by olowobaba10: 7:58am On Oct 19, 2017
YOU'RE RIGHT ON POINT, IF I EAT PEANUTS CONSTANTLY, I MUST HAVE A LOT PIMPLES ON MY FACE .
ajokebelle:

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by MunorAnne(f): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2017
tunde37:
like seriously I also don't agree with that 1st point, I always have pimples on my face and chest when I eat anything oily especially Grandnut
Ok. The first point talked about GROUNDNUT tho.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Phenotech(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2017
NaijaMutant:
ok

You still want to add your own unverified myth abi ?
Pimples or acne has no cure
it just comes and goes on its own.
dude i'm serious
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by stilldoingokay(f): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2017
pweshboi:
simple original skineal will do the trick...

it does but it doesn't cure it and again he bleach
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by ajokebelle(f): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Did you read the part where I said fungi on the skin causes it?
Sure not everyone has the same fungi on their skin.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by kense88: 8:11am On Oct 19, 2017
Lies. Bathing regularly and avoiding oil foods, reduces pimples. FACT

2 Likes

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by pweshboi(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2017
stilldoingokay:

it does but it doesn't cure it and again he bleach
that's why I mentioned "original" the fake ones is full of bleaching cream.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by peacettw: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

That is one hell of a conclusion. Glad it worked out though, still battling with my acne. Just here to create an awareness that oral ketoconazole is considered dangerous and no longer recommended as first line therapy to treat fungal Infections. This is because in some people, the drug can cause an acute liver shutdown and since we do not know who that can happen to, it is generally safer to avoid the drug. The cream though is safe so long as it is not oral. I hope this message will at least save someone

4 Likes

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by stilldoingokay(f): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2017
pweshboi:

that's why I mentioned "original" the fake ones is full of bleaching cream.

really, how do you know the difference
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by kevoh(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Your number one point is not true. I still get a minor breakout whenever I eat lots of cake, mayonnaise for salad and all those pastries that are either oily or fatty. I don't apply any thing though as it disappears on its own after a few days.

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by pweshboi(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2017
stilldoingokay:

really, how do you know the difference
from smelling it and the texture. I get good ones in Kubwa though
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by stilldoingokay(f): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
pweshboi:
from smelling it and the texture. I get good ones in Kubwa though
OK thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Uses ‘improvised Incubator’ To Save Baby’s Life - Photos / Kawu Muhammed Builds 13-Bed Maternity/Clinic In Jos / COVID-19 Outbreak After NiN Registration Kills Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.