Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,163 members, 7,916,407 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:37 PM

3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True (36259 Views)

Home Remedies For Pimples You Can Try Today / Demystifying The Myths On Depression By Mmachi Offurum / Five Nutritional Myths That You Believe But Are False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by GetMeRight: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:
I'm very sure oil contributes to acne- talking from my own personal experience.
I had acne on my face, and it was so much, tried lots of creams, soap and cleansers but it was not working.
Believe me I became a researcher on acne, always browsing on causes of acne and likes.
Until I found out that its not only bacteria on the skin that causes acne, fungi also causes equal damage and using something that fights bacteria on it won't do any good.
The fungi on the skin acts on the oil , thereby forming the acne, the best treatment is staying off oil in any form which is impossible.

I had to reduce oil intake and used oral ketoconazole for a while before using the topical treatment of it.
Trust me, my face is now far far better.
I still notice that anytime I take much of something fried , or other oily foods i still get one or two breakouts.

So, I don't agree with the first point
And me, I will disagree with the number two point.
Just this week, I noticed three spots of pimples on my face. I only applied a face cleanser that day alone. It is all gone now.
Keep your face clean with cleanser most of the time, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by GetMeRight: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:
What causes pimples? I think if we can answer this question, we'll be able to know how this can be abated. Pimple is usually caused when the pores in your skin gets blocked as a result of dirt or bacteria.. I for example have been battling with pimple, perhaps from my mother's womb, I don't even know when it began..

Lots of people said it's caused by groundnut. Even after stopping it, it didn't improve my skin condition. Believe me, my face was the roughest skin on earth and it really affected my self esteem.. The worst is the black spots.. There's no skin cream that I didn't use.. It was depressing.

HOW DID I MANAGE TO DEAL WITH IT?

If you're to see me right now, you'll probably call me a model cause my face is the smoothest in town, with cute pink lips.. wink Now let me tell you how I did it

1. Stop using sponge to wash your face.. You only make it worst cause your skin will get inflammed and as thus, worsen your condition.

2. Stop picking the pimples. This might seem hard, but try.. Your hand is a house to bacteria, touching your face often isn't really a wise decision.

3. Wash your face two times a day, in the morning around 8am, and evening, around 4pm. When washing your face, don't use sponge.. Take a soap, run it on your face. Treat it like an egg always.. Don't scrub to avoid having your skin inflammed. Use your hand and do the job.

Lemme repeat this again, STOP picking those pimples.. Stop touching your face....

Do this and you'll tag me soon for a testimony[/b]

Visit www.entmirror.com, let's talk about business, not pimples grin
So on point �

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by 2shure: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2017
Bkeaching creams
Kizyte:
If you really want to be emancipated from pimples, don't clean your face with your hands when you sweat, use a clean handkerchief.

Best cream for you is Lemon Fresh (Lotion) especially for fair people. Beware of fake, buy from a good Super-Store.

See my DP for evidence.

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Whizzcute(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2017
I have a lot of pimples on my face. I mean as much that, I feel shy going out sometimes, I hardly look people straight on the face. it's so frustrating and depressing.
I've tried skineal, funbact A, nizoral cream, Nixoderm, Neo medrol, antibiotics and many more and yet it hasn't stopped. Now I'm just tired of trying anymore drugs or creams. Anyday it wishes to go, then it goes!
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by peacettw: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Whizzcute:
I have a lot of pimples on my face. I mean as much that, I feel shy going out sometimes, I hardly look people straight on the face. it's so frustrating and depressing.
I've tried skineal, funbact A, nizoral cream, Nixoderm, Neo medrol, antibiotics and many more and yet it hasn't stopped. Now I'm just tired of trying anymore drugs or creams. Anyday it wishes to go, then it goes!

I understand what u must be going through especially the part of it affecting your self esteem. Most people I knew back in the day who had severe skin issues are now dermatologists with skins that are clearer than mine. Why don't u see a dermatologist?

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by ajokebelle(f): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2017
peacettw:

That is one hell of a conclusion. Glad it worked out though, still battling with my acne. Just here to create an awareness that oral ketoconazole is considered dangerous and no longer recommended as first line therapy to treat fungal Infections. This is because in some people, the drug can cause an acute liver shutdown and since we do not know who that can happen to, it is generally safer to avoid the drug. The cream though is safe so long as it is not oral. I hope this message will at least save someone

Thanks a lot for this.
I also read about it , though it was on people who already had one form of problem with some internal organs.
I had a comprehensive test done early this year ,that's why I could use it , but it was just for 2 weeks.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Whizzcute(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2017
peacettw:

I understand what u must be going through especially the part of it affecting your self esteem. Most people I knew back in the day who had severe skin issues are now dermatologists with skins that are clearer than mine. Why don't u see a dermatologist?

I want to, but I don't know how I can get one. Abia /Imo preferably
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Kizyte(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2017
2shure:
Bkeaching creams
It's suitable for fair skin people, whether bleaching or not. Dark skinned can use it too, including children, it has no side effects
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by sarutobie(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:
I had acne on my face, and it was so much, tried lots of creams, soap and cleansers but it was not working.
Believe me I became a researcher on acne, always browsing on causes of acne and likes.
Until I found out that its not only bacteria on the skin that causes acne, fungi also causes equal damage and using something that fights bacteria on it won't do any good.
The fungi on the skin acts on the oil , thereby forming the acne, the best treatment is staying off oil in any form which is impossible.

I had to reduce oil intake and used oral ketoconazole for a while before using the topical treatment of it.
I still notice that anytime I take much of something fried , or other oily foods i still get one or two breakouts.

I can consume a bottle of groundnut in a day(no kidding) and I don’t have even one bump on my face..
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by joenor(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2017
ok noted.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by 2shure: 8:44am On Oct 19, 2017
show me samples
B4 and after pix
selling shitss wont make u rich
Kizyte:
It's suitable for fair skin people, whether bleaching or not. Dark skinned can use it too, including children, it has no side effects
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by ajokebelle(f): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2017
sarutobie:

I can consume a bottle of groundnut in a day(no kidding) and I don’t have even one bump on my face..
There are a lot of people like you.
It means you have little or non of the bacteria/ fungi that causes acne
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Kizyte(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2017
2shure:
show me samples
B4 and after pix
selling shitss wont make u rich
Nigga, I don't sell creams, I only recommended what's working for me. I don't force you to use it. Why not ignore if you not OK with it?
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by 2shure: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Aite niggi
I dont need that
Kizyte:
Nigga, I don't sell creams, I only recommended what's working for me. I don't force you to use it. Why not ignore if you not OK with it?
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by kingjomezy(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2017
My pimples are so big... That people said it wasn't normal.. Some said mine was spiritual... They said I did or put myself in a something I wasn't supposed, the man gave me something he burnt to mix with kernel oil and some leaves to eat.. Like magic my pimples are leaving.. Thank God
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Akalia(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2017
Kizyte:
If you really want to be emancipated from pimples, don't clean your face with your hands when you sweat, use a clean handkerchief.

Best cream for you is Lemon Fresh (Lotion) especially for fair people. Beware of fake, buy from a good Super-Store.

See my DP for evidence.
how much does the lotion cost and how can one tell original from fake?
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by bettercreature(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2017
excel101:
From my personal experience: eating groundnuts gives me pimples/ Acne.
You are 100% right beside it's not your personal experience its the reality,i will have acne in less than 6hrs if i ever eat groundnut.Dont believe everything you read online most of them are fake
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

Well said(Diet part). Benzoyl peroxide+Clindamycin cream are good topical agents for good clearance. Mind the Ketoconazole tho..
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Superman94(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Kizyte:

See my DP for evidence.

But you use and editing app na
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by peacettw: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Whizzcute:

I want to, but I don't know how I can get one. Abia /Imo preferably

I am not sure. Why don't u go to the tertiary hospital there or federal medical centers? There might just be one.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2017
Whizzcute:

If its normal acne ur probably overwashing ur face and using too much alcohol/drying ingredients. It will only get worse cos d dryness is producing excess oil. Ive noticed dt most acne sufferers assume they have very oily skin and thereby think it can handle all these tight dryness. It cant.

Get a very mild soap like cetaphil (all dermatologists recommend this). Wash ur face twice only (day &night) - be gentle dont overwash like ur washing a car tyre or sthn, moisturize after each wash (very important with a oilfree moisturizer). Reduce the use of all those drying acne products(alcohol, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, face masks, scrubs, toners etc.). Use them just twice a week at night. Ur skin will become fresh like a baby. True story.

Hygiene is also important. Dont touch ur face. Change ur bedsheets & pillowcase every 2 days (at least d pillowcase), wash makeup brushes at least twice a week. etc.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by NobleRomm(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by NobleRomm(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

thanks for this.
please i need ur help..
what can i use to eradicate my own.. i am really fed up of it.
to tell you the truth,i have spent alot of money visiting dermatologist and they always give me (drugs, soaps some cleanser) that cost 7k each and i also under for facials cleaning but still the same... i am really tired ..
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by ajokebelle(f): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
eni4real:
Well said(Diet part). Benzoyl peroxide+Clindamycin cream are good topical agents for good clearance. Mind the Ketoconazole tho..

Benzoyl peroxide didn't work too, or maybe it was too harsh for my skin.
Yea , stopped using the oral ketoconazole after 2 weeks, I now apply the cream once in a while
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by ajokebelle(f): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
NobleRomm:

thanks for this.
please i need ur help..
what can i use to eradicate my own.. i am really fed up of it.
to tell you the truth,i have spent alot of money visiting dermatologist and they always give me (drugs, soaps some cleanser) that cost 7k each and i also under for facials cleaning but still the same... i am really tired ..

Maybe you should try reducing oily foods and get Nizoral cream( a topical ketoconazole cream) don't use the oral ketoconazole cause it can be very fatal to your general health
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Samunosuke(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
joyfullyjoyous:
Used to have pimples but when I met Alhaja at Ilupeju years ago and asked what I could use, she recommended an aftershave solution which cleared all. Can't remember the name but I know it's in a white container and she sold it for N1500 then. Imagine that an aftershave solution...It had no side effect.

Neo Medrol? It works wonders.

1 Like

Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
ajokebelle:

Benzoyl peroxide didn't work too, or maybe it was too harsh for my skin.
Yea , stopped using the oral ketoconazole after 2 weeks, I now apply the cream once in a while
It's okay. Diet and Hygiene(+topical agents) s the mainstay of the treatment unless the Acne is a a very solid one. You can try Clindamycin cream too..
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
fxbking:
I.T Training and Certification Online, Click here:- http://dimoch.com/stgapply.html

Hi bruh. I just received project management certification from SIIT. can i contact u?
Want to ask u somethings.
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
some pimples are thick enough be a house pillar grin #meanwhile the simple logic to pimples is applying early morning toothpaste it's a cheat!! #thank me later
How long before you wash off? started toothpaste therapy today..
Re: 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True by Whizzcute(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
peacettw:

I am not sure. Why don't u go to the tertiary hospital there or federal medical centers? There might just be one.
okay, I'll do just that. thanks for your concern

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Health Benefits Of Wild Lettuce (efo Yanrin In Yoruba) / If My Girlfriend Died During Abortion What Would Happen To Me? / General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.