Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,772 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? (34878 Views)

10 Controversies Of 2018 In Nigeria: Millionaire Snake, Ganduje Dollars, Adeosun / Is Insertion Of Alpha Beta Consulting Justifiable In The Land Use Act? / Oil Block Revocation By President Buhari Causes Controversies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 01, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Matter of opinion. I think Hitler was totally evil, Western media aside. Look what he allowed plus the sick human experiments

All the info u have on the matter comes from the western media ur tryna set aside.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 01, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I think he simply saw an unbelievable opportunity. Zik, Akintola, Ahmadu Bello were all gone plus oil money - why would he not suddenly become one-Nigeria

grin
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 01, 2017
VillageWinch:

Someone just posted this
Whachu think?

Today In History 1995 - Ken Saro-wiwa And 8 Other Ogoni Activists Were Executed by VillageWinch: 5:02pm

Amarabae:
Thank God that Gen.Sani Abacha was NOT an Igbo,
Had it been he was, they would have been whinning about how An Igbo man killed their son.
SARO WIWA- A man who mocked Igbos continually during the war.
His Igbophobia was over limited.
That's why I will rather stay in a Restructured Nigeria with hausa/yorubas than have anything to do with these minorities in the name of a heterogeneous Biafra

Explain ur sef
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 01, 2017
VillageWinch:

He killed enough, don't you think?

It was war, everyone killed everyone.

Over 70 million died in that war, stop focusing on hitler.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 3:53am On Nov 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

The military might was a non issue, stop bringing up these excuses. All Awolowo needed was to meet Yoruba leaders, update them on the new happenings and announce their exit from the contraception.

The north would bulge immediately they see that it's a fight of igbo combining with Yoruba against them.

Ya make a lotta sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 3:57am On Nov 01, 2017
VillageWinch:

Not only that he actually initiated the whole thing by encouraging ojukwu to seceding with the firm belief the West would automatically become an independet country too

He actually had military might - be had Banjo's army and Yoruba officers
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 4:05am On Nov 01, 2017
"Awo stubbornly pursued his target and they got married in 1937. Soon their cozy world collapsed. Awo, a relatively wealthy young entrepreneur, produce buyer, journalist, trade unionist and budding politician, watched as his business came to ruins.

His creditors were unforgiving and they came after him with the vengeance of a gang of barracudas. His personal belongings, including his trendy suits and ties, his shoes and his car were sold at auction. "
Copied

Note the trendy suit and tie grin

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 01, 2017
Awolowo's greed and quest for power has put us all in this situation.

Each region would have been self independent by now.

The b*****d will know no peace for not putting his selfish interest above the collective interest of Nigerians

He can now be president in hell since he committed suicide out of frustration
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 6:53am On Nov 01, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Explainable, yes. Justifiable, no.

They go together. U explain how it's justufied
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2017
FrancisDiote:

The b*****d will know no peace for not putting his selfish interest above the collective interest of Nigerians

He didn't kill himself out of frustration.
This is HOW he killed himself (but I think WHY is images of starved to death Biafran children):

CONFESSIONS FROM AWO'S ASSOCIATE, ADEBAYO ADEYINKA

In a no-hold barred interview with FS Online recently,a grass root politician ,Mr Adebayo Adeyinka who lives within the College Road at Ifako-Ijaiye axis in Ogba ,a suburb of Lagos, Nigeria was livid with rage when he learned that a key politician connected to the issue was denying the incident.
He revealed that Chief Awolowo wanted to lead some kind of guerilla warfare or militant campaign against the government of President Babangida so that he can be overthrown through a popular or people -led putsch.

According to him , the Elder Statesman summoned a meeting of his core loyalists over the issue and this was even filmed so as to strengthen the extent of commitment of each of the politician that attended the meeting,
He pointed out that however unknown to all of those who were privy to this meeting and clarion call , Chief Lateef Kayode Jakande ,Former Executive Governor of Lagos State had a different plan as he betrayed them to the military.

THE BETRAYAL OF AWOLOWO BY LATEEF JAKANDE

He Said:' But unknown to them , Chief Jakande was planning to betray them, he went to President Ibrahim Babangida and promptly showed him the tape
"Papa Awolowo was invited for a meeting with President Ibrahim Babangida who was then staying at Dodan Barracks which was the seat of power as at then and the truth of his clandestine meetings was revealed to him by the gap -toothed

IBB's OPTIONS TO AWOLOWO AND HE CHOOSING THE N20 RAT POISON OPTION:-

"He gave Papa some options and that was for him to be ready to face a court martial , be ready to go to a prison or better still go on exile
"At this stage Papa felt instead of allowing some ambitious khaki boy to mess him up he should just pack it in and call it a day ,so Chief Awolowo decide to commit suicide so as to save himself from the ignominy of going to prison for the second time in his lifetime.

"But before he did this he called his core loyalists for a meeting ,before then he had called up Late Chief Bola Ige [Cicero],since the latter had a very strong understanding of the Hausa Language having had his formative years as a young man in Kaduna but discovered that the late Esa-Oke strongman was innocent after he was interrogated by Papa
"He called others for enquiries while asking them to tender the video cassettes of the meeting they all attended to discuss the plans to topple President Babangida for examination ,at this juncture Chief Jakande developed a cold feet as he could not produce his own copy of the video which was freely distributed to all that was present at the meeting previously before the betrayal and that was how the cat was let out of the bag.

"So he cursed him at this point and pointed out that he will never have any form of relevance politically as far as Nigeria was concerned and till today members of the Awolowo Dynasty avoids him like a plague.
"I was there when the letter he wrote to the family to beg them for forgiveness over the unfortunate incident was read in the presence of all present ,if he continues to deny I am ready to confront him publicly again on the same issue as I can even remember that elders asked him to go to the grave of the late sage to plead for forgiveness.

"When he was questioned he lied that the National Security Organization now State Security Services had visited his house to check on him and in the process took the tape in question but" Awoists" knew that this was a very weak argument as he did not inform their political group of this development before their enquiry on the subject.

"That was how Senator Abraham Adesanya assumed the leadership of the Awolowo camp of Yoruba politics after the demise of the man ,he was not even so close to Awolowo during his lifetime like Chief Jakande and that was why many called him Baba Kekere on account of this cosy relationship

IRONY OF AWO PAYING BIAFRANS 20 POUNDS AND DIEING COURTESY OF 20 NAIRA RAT POISON:-

"Before he gave up the ghost, he said his prayers and then took the poison which killed him almost immediately but the public was not fully aware as they were given a different account of what happened.
"We were simply told that he died while he was brushing his teeth in his bathroom at his Park Lane,Apapa residence here in Lagos

EXPOSING HOW MUCH AWOLOWO STOLE FROM NIGERIA

(1) He was stupendously wealthy during his lifetime, infact there is NO company at Oba Akran in Ikeja ,Lagos where he does not have at least a five percent equity, Dideolu Court in Ogba alone cannot be valued at less than N10 Billion ,that was the place that he had in mind to be his Seat of power if he was elected as Nigeria's President.

(2) He owned Shonibare Estate but the man he was using as a front and who later went to prison over some issues which Awolowo himself was privy to eventually laid claim to the estate.
"He got all of this wealth due to a great measure of goodwill and tax waivers he gave to investors whenever they come to establish their business.

(3) Anytime you buy a bottle of Coca-Cola you are enriching the Awolowo Dynasty,

(4) Go to Ijebu Ikenne and you will discover that the price of bag cement there is different from other parts of the nation due to the subsidy that the citizens enjoy on account of Awolowo who was their son and I hope you know that West African Portland Cement is in Ewekoro and not Ikenne.

(5) He listed such blue chips like Dunlop Nigeria Plc,
(i) Guinness Nigeria Plc.
(ii) Neimeth Pharmaceutical Nigeria Plc.
(iii) May and Baker Nigeria Plc.
(iv) Vitafoam Nigeria Plc.
(v) Wahum Nigeria Limited .
(vi) CAP Nigeria Plc.
(vii) International Paints of West Africa [IPWA].
(viii) Berger Paints Nigeria Plc.
(ix) Berec Nigeria Limited. ,
(x)Kabelmetal, Nigeria Bottling Company Plc
(xi) Leventis Nigera Plc.,
(xii)West African Portland Cement Company,[Lafarge ].
(xiii)Wema Bank Nigeria Plc.
(xiv) Scoa Nigeria Plc.
(xv) CFAO Nigeria Plc.
(xvi) Cadbury Nigeria Plc.
(xvii)Wemaboard Estates, Odu'A Group.
(xviii) Livestock Feeds Nigeria Plc.
(xix) Nigerian Breweries Plc as places the Awolowo family have commercial interest to mention just a few.

(6) Apart from this stocks analysts believe that the most visible of his investment ,The Nigerian Tribune Newspapers cannot be valued at less than N100billion today in terms of brand evaluation as Thisday Newspapers was valued by the Owner ,.Mr Nduka Obaigbena at N200 Billion recently during a media chart while celebrating his fiftieth birthday sometimes last year.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2017
Doesn't he look disturbed?

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2017
Like I said:

I DON'T THINK AWO COMMITED SUICIDE BECAUSE OF BABANGIDA. HE COMMITED SUICIDE BECAUSE THESE IMAGES WON'T LEAVE HIM ALONE!
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2017
FrancisDiote:

Oga take it easy. No be fight.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2017
FrancisDiote:

You are forgetting Ogundipe.
Read below:

"Ojukwu never waged a war against Nigeria, he simply insisted that Brig Gen Ogundipe should take over as the president which was right thinking.

That single mistake by Brig Gen Ogundipe led to the many problems we have had in Nigeria where the North sees itself as the most qualified region to lead Nigeria since they got away with that major blunder."
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2017
How can a whole General let a lt. col take over and not raise a voice?!

** Ogundipe

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2017
As I was saying, Awo killed himself because of images like this, images people don't want to see

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2017
And this one

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2017
Even this one

Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Anybody can claim igbo online, it's easy to do so.

Happy new month. You have a point
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
But I am really Igbo
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
Though I try not to see things through "Igbo"
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
I try not to let my "Igboness" cloud my judgment or dictate my views
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
I try to see things as they truely are, from a totally unbiased point of view.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
I also try to see the other person's point of view. I try to see her as a human being with problems just like me and with her own uniqueness just like me
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Instead of seeing them as a member of a group and pre-udginging them based on that
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
To me there is not much difference between the Igbo tribal bigot and the Yoruba tribal bigot.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
They both view things through warped lenses. And assign to the whole group a quality that only a few posses
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
They also both lie, obfuscate, and try to sweep things under the rug.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2017
And assign the other tribe perjorative names. In short they are haters.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2017
Yet they claim to be Christians, forgetting that Christ said that the mark of a follower of His is that they LOVE.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
"LOVE they (Igbo/Yoruba) neighbour as thyself"

"If you can perform miracles and speak in tongues and can prophesy, but have not LOVE, you are nothing", says the good book.
Re: 10 Awolowo Controversies: Are They Justifiable? by WetinConsignMe: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ok, let me stop preaching but u get my drift.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Feeding His Wife, Rachel Umahi (Photos) / Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) / Police Kill Four Gunmen Attempting To Enforce Sit-At-Home In Enugu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.