Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

My Story The In-betweens - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Story The In-betweens (678 Views)

Please Read My Story! / Please Read My Story And Rate It Out Of 10, Share Your Thoughts On It! / Game Playing (the Name Of My Story Which Is Not Complete Yet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Story The In-betweens by missa218: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
It was just like any other day or at least that was what Arianna kept telling herself ever since she had been woken up by some very loud, very strange noises. Arianna had always heard these noises, and she knew that she was the only one who had been woken up by them but this time these noises were accompanied by a very small imp like creature staring her in the face. “Great now I’m going crazy” was the first thing that came into her head when she saw the creature. That was always a fear of hers becoming crazy. Arianna’s mother used to tell her things strange things about fairies, trolls, and imps and how someday Arianna would see them too. Her mother told her these things until she died from some illness that was too hard for Arianna to say.

Arianna was lost in thought thinking about the imp thing or whatever it was and telling herself that it was a completely normal day that she was startled when she heard her older sister Mira knock on her bedroom door. Arianna had come to live with her sister in the small hoe dunk town of Clearlake, Ca after her mother died and with her father nowhere around she had no other choice but to move in with her sister and her three kids. Arianna hated this town and wished everyday that by some miracle she would be able to leave and never return.

“Hey Ari it’s almost time for school you’re going to be late if you don’t leave soon.”

“Huh…oh ok yeah I’ll be down in a bit sorry I spaced.”

“Ok as long as you’re not late again.”

Arianna hurried and slid on her favorite pair of jeans that were loose but still made her look cute, a simple black tank top both of which looked well on her small yet curvy body, and a pair of flip-flops that made her feet look even smaller than they really were, before looking in the mirror to do her hair and make-up. Arianna was a pretty thing only 16, with a round child like face and big dark brown eyes that went beautifully with her long wavy auburn-brown hair. She had pale skin that was a very creamy color almost the color of milk with little freckles specked here and there, her skin still tanned well in the summer which she loved. Arianna never thought that she was “Oh my god supermodel pretty” but a kind of classic type of pretty. When she was done putting her hair in to a ponytail she grabbed her backpack and car keys and headed down stairs knowing that no matter how many times she told herself that it was just a normal day like any other, that it was nowhere near normal and that somehow everything that she ever knew was going to change.

On her way to school her fears were coming to life everywhere she looked she saw something that she knew did not belong strange looking creatures, funny looking trees she thought she was going insane.

(1) (Reply)

There He Lies By Annyrazon Justin » An Elegy For Achebe's Passage / My Million Dollar Demean / Some People Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.