Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings (16932 Views)

Nigeria Joins OPEC To Cut Crude Oil Production / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by michoim(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Congratulations to APC. And glory be to God.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by qleap2all(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Some would not like this cheering and positive news. They will claim Buhari doctored it
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Rosskii: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Uhmm.

Improving Country since 1960, Just look at China, as of 1960s we were in d economic phase with China who is now competing with USA as world power.

We have large population n natural resources like China but our only achievement is making one person richer than China as a country.

Nigeria, Will never improve stop misleading the already misleaded n deluded failure supporters

Mumu, does China share the same history and challenges as Nigeria? You think development is by comparison? Every nation has its unique issues which it can only surmount in its own time, at its own pace, based on its own unique circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by BornAgainMay: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Mumu, does China share the same history and challenges as Nigeria? You think development is by comparison? Every nation has its unique issues which it can only surmount in its own time, at its own pace, based on its own unique circumstances.

what you said is just an obvious reason why I should av stopped at calling you a fool but I just have to give you a little lesson.

we have Comparative politics. deluded ppl like you r our problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Don27tiky(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
It doesn't matter what we think. The fact is Nigeria is growing under pmb. The control of the economy is gradually shifting to the poor unlike before where one man blocks and does all things. Those of u wailing sit there and continue wailing while the serious minded ones make their money. My people are becoming millionaire from farming. Local shoes and bags manufacturers are making their money. What use to be wasted effort is now rewarding. ..... thank God for giving us pmb.. u are indeed God's sent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by lollmaolol(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
All these fake statistics is nothing until the common man on the streets starts living a better life.

Check my signature

Until we stop reading suicide headlines
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Oduwils222(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Weborg:
@VIVIANGIST

Nigeria has moved up 24 places to 145th in the World Bank’s ‘Doing Business’ report published today, and for the first time the country is recognized as one of the top 10 most improved economies in the world.

This was made known in a statement issued by the Vice President's office on Tuesday in Abuja.

The World Bank Doing Business project provides objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement across 190 economies worldwide.

Reacting to the development, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, said “I welcome Nigeria’s improved performance. We are one of the top ten reforming economies in the world in 2017. After a decade-long decline in Nigeria’s rankings, last year the Government recorded a modest increase.

This year, Mr President set us an ambitious target of moving up twenty places in the rankings – I am delighted that we have exceeded his goal.

“Improving the business environment is at the heart of the Buhari Administration’s reform agenda. We are reinforcing our economic turnaround by a vigorous and active implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) so businesses operating in Nigeria can thrive and be competitive globally.

“For the first time, coordinated efforts across various levels of governments have been undertaken to make it easier to do business in Nigeria. I commend all stakeholders who worked with us to achieve this significant result, particularly the National Assembly, Lagos and Kano State Governments, and the private sector.”

The World Bank highlighted five reforms making it easier to do business in Kano and Lagos, the two cities covered by the report in Nigeria over the course of last year:

1. Starting a Business,
2. Dealing with Construction Permits
3. Registering Property
4. Getting Credit, and
5. Paying Taxes.

In the area of company registration, the Corporate Affairs Commission has moved to offer online registration and introduced new features such as electronic stamping of registration documents. Thus, entrepreneurs have been able to register their businesses much faster, within 24-48 hours, thereby saving cost and time

Getting construction permits and registering property in both Lagos and Kano States have become more transparent and easier for businesses with the online publication of all relevant regulations, fee schedules and pre-application requirements online.

Getting access to credit is now easier and Nigeria is placed 6th in the world on this indicator. The Government recorded a significant success by collaborating with the National Assembly to pass two new Acts, the Secured Transactions in Movable Assets Act 2017 and the Credit Reporting Act 2017, thereby strengthening the legal framework for access to credit for SMEs across the country – an important requirement for the success of SMEs.

Finally, it has become easier to pay taxes in Nigeria because taxpayers can file tax returns at the nearest Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office, and electronic payment and filing are gradually gaining acceptance.

Via ; http://www.viviangist.ng/nigeria-has-moved-up-24-places-to-145th-in-the-worldbank-doing-business-buhari/

Cc; lalasticlala
Good news
something worth reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by nextstep(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nice... until you realize we're stilll in 140 something... so there are 144 countries better than us. We're like that bottom part of palm wine in an old cup left over from last night's party...
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by gawu1: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
scholarsarena:
All improvements under Apc are always on paper. When will Nigerians feel these improvements?
The ATM is still under lock. That could be the reason.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by BiafraIShere(m): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
sanpipita:

Exactly or he is just playing ostrich, look at our inflation rates, things has gone up x5 as they used to be and someone thinks we are better off
Thats Zombies for you.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Cajal(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

Another pained one.

Take heart till 2023.
..pained heart and brain....they should take heart as u said.nice.one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by godox2(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:
Yet another victory for Buhari.

All the indices are positive.

Yet some have anger in their system.

Some would rather he fails but God pass them.

YESOOOO! ANYONE THAT WISH BUHARI FAILURE WILL LIVE LONG TO SEE BUHARI SOARING IN SUCCESS, STRENGTH, GOOD HEALTH AND QUALITY LEADERSHIP TILL 2023. Q E D.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by gawu1: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
BestySam:
145th I said not worth celebrating. How many nations do we have? That's like coming 15th out of 20 people in class.
It's like you have comprehension malfunction when reading the good news.
I urge you to go back and re read the piece, but first make sure that you have fred yourself from hatefulness in you
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by gawu1: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
sanpipita:

Haha what is there to be pain about, continue hoping against hope, Nigeria is gone under buhari.
You are really pained. Just admit it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by samsobo24(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Most people who express their Anger on Nairaland,unhappy about good news won't know there has been so many improvements on the ease of doing business
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
gawu1:

You are really pained. Just admit it.

Pls can you tell me what exactly is there to be pained about, this is a nation that only borrows money to service debts and salaries, where are th the future is very bleaked for those know and you are talking about being pained or not, 57 years old nationhood and nothing to be proud and some of you still want to be foolish.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

It's your own destiny that is a lost cause not Nigeria.

Why won't you be tired when I'm providing documented evidence while all you are doing is yapping about.

You don't know what a documented evidence is, using a news report can't pass as a documented evidence its no data, I can do a news report and say whatever I want, bring a data to back up what you say and stop being foolish.
www.dailypost.ng/2017/10/17/food-prices-keep-rising-despite-decline-inflation-nbs/
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by emmyN(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
145 out of how many countries in the world? And we are celebrating this?
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Donald50: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
improving or improved... even the improving is a big scam self....
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Donald50: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
qleap2all:
Some would not like this cheering and positive news. They will claim Buhari doctored it
a gullible fellow spotted...
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Donald50: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
Don27tiky:
It doesn't matter what we think. The fact is Nigeria is growing under pmb. The control of the economy is gradually shifting to the poor unlike before where one man blocks and does all things. Those of u wailing sit there and continue wailing while the serious minded ones make their money. My people are becoming millionaire from farming. Local shoes and bags manufacturers are making their money. What use to be wasted effort is now rewarding. ..... thank God for giving us pmb.. u are indeed God's sent
::::: are u sure...? it is dying under him....
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by gawu1: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
sanpipita:

Pls can you tell me what exactly is there to be pained about, this is a nation that only borrows money to service debts and salaries, where are th the future is very bleaked for those know and you are talking about being pained or not, 57 years old nationhood and nothing to be proud and some of you still want to be foolish.
That's why you are pained. You think and reason like a pained idiot who sees and view everything with negativity lens.
I guess you are not one of those Ipob pigs, least you should have sense of commendation ones you see acts worthy of commendation.
Appraise yourself as a person; how old are you and what have you achieved at your age so far. Hence, can you see how proudly foolish you are for those comments you made?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by techgeniusworld(m): 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
i
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by FEGNO: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
Getting credit is easier now?
I honestly dont know what these APC people are smoking.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
gawu1:

That's why you are pained. You think and reason like a pained idiot who sees and view everything with negativity lens.
I guess you are not one of those Ipob pigs, least you should have sense of commendation ones you see acts worthy of commendation.
Appraise yourself as a person; how old are you and what have you achieved at your age so far. Hence, can you see how proudly foolish you are for those comments you made?

What does my personal achievement has to do with Nigeria being stagnant? even if i havent acheived anything in life does it change the fact Nigeria is a poorly run country and almost a failed state stop being shallow goingng ad hominem it doesn't invalidate anything I said, anyway mention one factual positive I will be here to listen
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by deji17: 11:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
BestySam:
145th is not worth celebrating. How many nations do we have? That's like coming 15th out of 20 in class.
In 2014, we were 170 under dumbo Joe. Now we have jumped by 25 places. Imagine we sustain that..
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
deji17:

In 2014, we were 170 under dumbo Joe. Now we have jumped by 25 places. Imagine we sustain that..

Stop lying we were ranked number 147 when GEJ left Jonathan, APC took over and left us in 169.

www.thecable.ng/nigeria-rated-one-hardest-countries-business

www.businessnews.com.ng/2015/09/06/ease-of-doing-business-world-bank-ranks-nigeria-170th/

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigeria-ranks-169th-position-world-bank-ease-business/
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by deji17: 12:59am On Nov 01, 2017
sanpipita:

Stop lying we were ranked number 147 when GEJ left Jonathan, APC took over and left us in 169.

www.thecable.ng/nigeria-rated-one-hardest-countries-business

www.businessnews.com.ng/2015/09/06/ease-of-doing-business-world-bank-ranks-nigeria-170th/

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigeria-ranks-169th-position-world-bank-ease-business/

Even, in the bussinessnews link that you posted, this is what it says:

Ease of doing business: World Bank ranks Nigeria 170th

By BusinessNews Staff on September 6, 2015

The reforms effort of the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan may have yielded some dividend as Nigeria moved up five places in the latest ranking by the World Bank Group on the ease of doing business.
The World Bank ranked Nigeria 170th among 189 countries survey, this shows an improvement of 2.9 per cent on the 175 position it occupied last year.
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 1:08am On Nov 01, 2017
deji17:

Even, in the bussinessnews link that you posted, this is what it says:

Ease of doing business: World Bank ranks Nigeria 170th

By BusinessNews Staff on September 6, 2015

The reforms effort of the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan may have yielded some dividend as Nigeria moved up five places in the latest ranking by the World Bank Group on the ease of doing business.
The World Bank ranked Nigeria 170th among 189 countries survey, this shows an improvement of 2.9 per cent on the 175 position it occupied last year.

And I said he left it at 147, was he the one who took it down to 169 before the current ranking of 145?
Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by deji17: 1:16am On Nov 01, 2017
sanpipita:

And I said he left it at 147, was he the one who took it down to 169 before the current ranking of 145?

147 was in 2013. Then it went up to 170 in 2014. Now there is a downward trajectory...

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by Donkay82: 1:17am On Nov 01, 2017
sanpipita:

bros if you have given up on your destiny do it quietly and stop moving from one thread to another on nairaland trying to infect others with this defeatist syndrum.people are making it big in nigeria and are hoping to do more....you reek of hopelessness in pernury.repulsive!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings by sanpipita(m): 1:26am On Nov 01, 2017
Donkay82:
bros if you have given up on your destiny do it quietly and stop moving from one thread to another on nairaland trying to infect others with this defeatist syndrum.people are making it big in nigeria and are hoping to do more....you reek of hopelessness in pernury.repulsive!!!

Oh please not yet another deluded folk who thinks his nation is progressing, we are servicing our debt at 70% do you actually know the implications of that? you people prefer delusion than facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Goes To Court Of Appeal To Dissolve Ondo Councils / Suspected Explosive Discovered In Delta Near River Niger Bridge [photo] / General Attahiru Tells Reps To Invite Ex-Service Chiefs Over Arms Procurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.