Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,309 members, 7,967,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:22 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4536981 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

My argument is there are no nigerian military personnel involved in slitting throats of boko-haram suspects.

The alleged video evidence proves nothing. It only shows dead bodies of boko-haram militants. Should I be sorry for that?

Good riddance.

Uhhh... except the word of an international acclaimed organization who has confirmed that they were Nigerian soldiers.

And clear video evidence of multiple atrocities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Pathetic.

You watched the same video i did. You know your telling lies.

Telling what lies?

Lies that boko-haram have murdered innocent civilians in terror attacks in 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Telling what lies?

Lies that boko-haram have murdered innocent civilians in terror attacks in 2014

Telling lies that Nigerian soldiers are not killing civilians.

This isnt about BH

This is about the NA and civilians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Uhhh... except the word of an international acclaimed organization who has confirmed that they were Nigerian soldiers.

And clear video evidence of multiple atrocities.

They are only recognised when it's Africa. Doctor as much image as possible, present it as fact.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Telling lies that Nigerian soldiers are not killing civilians.

This isnt about BH

This is about the NA and civilians.

There are no nigerian soldiers killing boko-haram in that video.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

They are only recognised when it's Africa. Doctor as much image as possible, present it as fact.

Rubbish.

Lol.

Cool opinion bro.

Maybe back that up with fact?

A clown defending an army of genocidal bully boys.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

There are no nigerian soldiers killing boko-haram in that video.

Having another nervous break down?

"I will say the same thing over and over, without evidence, because that is all i can do"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Lol.

Cool opinion bro.

Maybe back that up with fact?

A clown defending an army of genocidal bully boys.

I ain't your bro.

You should start backing up your supposed evidence with actual soldiers committing atrocities.

You expect me to feel bad for dead boko-haram militants, are you psychotic?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Having another nervous break down?

"I will say the same thing over and over, without evidence, because that is all i can do"

Until you provide actual soldiers committing atrocities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120: You should start backing up your supposed evidence with actual soldiers committing atrocities.

I allready have.

And until you prove otherwise. They are Nigerian soldiers - as confirmed by an independant 3rd party and multiple media houses.

Suck it, bro.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Until you provide actual soldiers committing atrocities.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a44_1407235001
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

I allready have.

And until you prove otherwise. They are Nigerian soldiers - as confirmed by an independant 3rd party and multiple media houses.

Suck it, bro.

They aren't nigerian soldiers, neither am i going to feel sorry for boko-haram suspects.

I ain't your bro, dummy.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a44_1407235001

Doctored. I'm going to wait for the army's response.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

They aren't nigerian soldiers, neither am i going to feel sorry for boko-haram suspects.

I ain't your bro, dummy.

Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true.

But let me hit you with this.

1. You say that they arent Nigerian troops
2. You say the dead are BH

Is BH killing its own now?

The fact that you are trying to cover your bases suggests that you know you are FOS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Doctored. I'm going to wait for the army's response.

Prove its doctored.

Why would AI doctor video? What agenda do they have?

What a joke you have become.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true.

But let me hit you with this.

1. You say that they arent Nigerian troops
2. You say the dead are BH

Is BH killing its own now?

The fact that you are trying to cover your bases suggests that you know you are FOS

You're the person saying the same thing over and over.

BH is killing civilians. That is a boko-haram tactic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
patches689:

Prove its doctored.

Why would AI doctor video? What agenda do they have?

What a joke you have become.

Why do peeps frame others up in the first place?

I've become a joke according to you because I fail to sympathise with terrorists?

Lmao.

*when did the nigerian military begin using chinese TYPE 56C? I spotted a Type 56C in that video by a person in uniform. It is not a rifle used by the military.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

There are no nigerian military personnel involved in slitting throats of boko-haram suspects.

Video evidence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Rubbish.
"Oh,we are attacked because we are African". "These organisations are biased". Your soldiers are ill trained and committing war crimes,all the small scale wars Nigeria fought have been characterised by atrocities and your armed forces breaking the rules of war. Pathetic. Trying to be. Sri Lanka?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Why do peeps frame others up in the first place?

I've become a joke according to you because I fail to sympathise with terrorists?

Lmao.

*when did the nigerian military begin using chinese TYPE 56C? I spotted a Type 56C in that video by a person in uniform. It is not a rifle used by the military.
Your just confirmed that the video is of Nigerian soldiers committing war crimes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
MikeZA: Your just confirmed that the video is of Nigerian soldiers committing war crimes.

Dummy, I was pointing out that we don't use that rifle.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerian Defence HQ Establishes Team to Investigate Abuse Allegations
 • August 5, 2014

The Defence Headquarters (DQ) has said it takes the issue of human rights violation seriously and will never condone any proven case of abuse by its personnel.

The Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, in a statement yesterday [August 4], said the military authorities are deeply concerned about the set of video footage being circulated and which unfortunately had also become reference data for Amnesty International in its report on human rights violations. Olukolade said the DHQ had set up an investigative team to study the allegations by the international human rights body in its latest report.

He said: “Much as the scenes depicted in these videos are alien to our operations and doctrines, it has to be investigated to ensure that such practices have not crept, surreptitiously into the system.

“The DHQ considers these allegations too grievous to be associated with Nigerian troops, considering the doctrinal and operational contents of the training imparted to personnel on a continuous basis; emphasising the importance of respect for human rights and dignity of human person as well as observance of humanitarian laws.”

“Notwithstanding the cases of impersonation that have pervaded the counter terrorism operations in Nigeria and many other related issues which cast doubts on the claims made in the video, the military authorities view those grave allegations very seriously, more so as it borders on the integrity of the ongoing counter-terrorism operation, which must be sustained in the interest of our national survival,” he noted.

Consequently, he said, the DHQ in addition to the already existing Joint Investigation Team (JIT) has constituted a team of senior officers and legal cum forensic experts to study the video footage and the resultant allegations of infractions in order to ascertain the veracity of the claims with a view to identifying those behind such acts. This will further determine and stimulate necessary legal action against any personnel or anyone found culpable in accordance with the provisions of the law.

According to Olukolade, the Nigerian armed forces cannot condone any action or inaction that tramples on the right to life of any Nigerian.

The Defence spokesman insisted that the ultimate objective of Nigeria’s counter-terrorism operation is the complete cessation of the heinous and barbaric activities of the terrorists and to stamp out every vestige of terrorism in our country with the application of international best practices in such operations.

He said it would therefore be absurd for the Nigerian armed forces as an institution to perpetrate such unprofessional acts in the manner and level depicted in that video as alleged by Amnesty International.

He noted that the level of barbarism and impunity has no place in the Nigerian military. The DDI said respect for the sanctity of life is always boldly emphasised in doctrinal training of the military.

“It must thus be reiterated that the Nigerian military is a very well organised professional body of troops whose conducts in war and peace times are guided comprehensively by law,” he argued.

Olukolade said the armed forces of Nigeria is conscious of the nation’s obligation to observe all rules, regulations and commitments in all activities, “and wishes to reassure all Nigerians, the civil societies and the international community that it will not encourage or condone any form of human rights violation as depicted in the said video.”

As reported by ThisDay

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
MikeZA: "Oh,we are attacked because we are African". "These organisations are biased". Your soldiers are ill trained and committing war crimes,all the small scale wars Nigeria fought have been characterised by atrocities and your armed forces breaking the rules of war. Pathetic. Trying to be. Sri Lanka?

Should start posting acts of criminality committed by the SANDF?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Your army confirmed it. They're Nigerian soldiers. Dummy.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
MikeZA: Your army confirmed it. They're Nigerian soldiers. Dummy.

To investigate, isn't the same thing as confirmation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

To investigate, isn't the same thing as confirmation.
From the statement: "Much as the scenes depicted in these videos are alien to our operations and doctrine". Meaning those are Nigerian soldiers. Your military spokesmen playingdown how often such acts are committed by your military.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry120:

Your rebel force as proven by the seriusblack thread,are receiving small arms like those from machine guns to RPGs. No standardisation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Here is the video...so sad about the army that profess to be ethical such actions are only perpetuated by a RAG TAG ARMY and claim to be making inroads in war against BK

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/08/05/Gruesome_Footage_Implicates_Nigerian_Military_in_Atrocities_/#
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerian Army has been accussed for a very long time for extra judicial execution

Four Nigerian policemen have appeared in court in the first public hearing over the killing of radical Islamist leader Mohammed Yusuf in 2009.

The Boko Haram leader was captured alive in Maiduguri and paraded in front of video cameras, but his body was later displayed riddled with bullets.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
The BBC has obtained a photograph which shows that Mohammed Yusuf, the leader of the Boko Haram sect in Nigeria, was alive when captured by the army.

They handed him over to the police. A few hours later, journalists were shown his bullet-ridden body.

The police said he had been fatally wounded while trying to evade capture.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8180475.stm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Adamawa State Governor, Murtala Nyako, accused Nigeria's President and key government officials of possibly supporting state terrorism during a speech on security challenges in Northern Nigeria at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) in Washington, DC.

Governor Nyako's speech was delivered during a three-day symposium, March 17-19, on Current Economic, Social and Security Challenges facing Northern Nigeria, organized by the USIP, in collaboration with the governments of Denmark and Norway.

Governor Nyako said, "... the arms, ammunition and explosives being used by so-called Boko Haram are not manufactured in Nigeria. Somebody must have brought them from abroad to the scenes of attacks. With military check-points mounted everywhere in far greater numbers than we had during our civil war and with only the President, the Vice President and their key staff and Governors of the States on one hand and the Nigerian Military on the other who pass these points unchecked, we could safely assume that it is one of the two groups who conveys these weapons up country from the Port(s) after Custom and Security clearance."

Nyako said the initial assumption was that Boko Haram was religiously motivated when their targets were within the Muslim communities but since then they have bombed United Nations facilities, destroyed churches and mosques and killed large numbers of Muslims and Christians. He said he had written several times to President Jonathan to ask whether the Government knew what type of war it should be fighting; was it a war against terrorists, insurgents or a war against the people in Northern Nigeria.

Nyako asked, "In short, is the massive killing of people and destruction of property and the environment state-sponsored?"

Governor Nyako said, "The security situation we are … facing in Northern Nigeria today could be sponsored, financed and supported by evil minded and over-ambitious leaders of Government and the society for political gains. There is simply no person(s) in the North-Eastern zone rich enough to foot the financial and logistic bills on Boko Haram activities. Somebody outside the zone must have bought these arms, ammunitions and explosives somewhere which is easily traceable, paid the freight charges to Nigeria, cleared them at the Ports, conveyed them up-country through numerous check-points and put them in safe-houses in the States ready to be used by the appointed killers. "

Nyako added that it was clear there was unhindered coordination between the activities of Boko Haram cells and strategic commanders in Nigeria's national Defense system. He said, "How else could there be such timely actions regarding the immediate withdrawal of the Military near vital positions such as schools and colleges with the immediate arrival of Boko Haram squad of murderers. Not only are these withdrawals of the Military and the attacks of Boko Haram timely, it is noticed that such attacks would last for hours without counter response by the Military even if they are located at a hearing distance. We have had cases where a fleet of Airforce aircraft was being burnt by Boko Haram near a unit of the Military, yet the latter did not respond. We have had a case when a retired General and a civil-war hero was being shot to death by allegedly Boko Haram attackers in front of soldiers detailed to protect the area, yet there was no response from them."

The Governor alleged there seems to be an attempt to throw the region into civil war. "There have been attempted assassinations of a number of States’ Governors including my good-self and the Governor of Benue State; a number of top Traditional Leaders of the North including the Shehu of Borno and the Emir of Kano, our Senators and top Business people have also been attacked in broad daylight and escaped death by the skin of their teeth ! Who had given the executive ‘Orders’ to kill us? Is Northern Nigeria facing another demonic Agenda similar to that which wiped away its Political and Military Leaders and killed a number from the Western Region in January, 1966? The Presidency should give us answers to all the foregoing serious questions and we do not want insults by aides in response or harassment by detailed Security operatives ! We want the ANSWERS; Nigeria also wants the ANSWERS; the international community too should want the ANSWERS."

Governor Nyako said, "The people in the North have also begun to suspect that the Objective of all this is to create enough mayhem for an excuse to deny them their democratic right of Vote by canceling the forthcoming General Elections in the region and also reduce the Voting power of the people there now and in the future through mass killings of its populace especially its youths."

At the time of filing this report, SaharaReporters learned the Presidency will soon release a statement on their position regarding the allegations made by Governor Nyako.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.