Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4480747 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

I am also quoting sources

think critically for once

I've thought critically, this is why instead, I've decided to ask you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mabhengu: SANDF IS GEARING UP FOR WAR....NIGERIA WE CUMING THE TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.....IF YALL ARE WISE THEN LEARN HOW DOES THE MILITARY WORKS

www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/09/26/gearing-for-war

SANDF should defeat Rhino Poachers in Kruger park first, then after that you go to Bangui for rematch with Seleka rebels. If you succeeded in getting your army's Gecko vehicles back and use it to carry the dead body of Warlords Harkouma and Djotodia to @THIZA's photography studio for Hollywood show on Nairaland, then come talk to us about what SANDF plans to do with African Islamic terrorists. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

No less than R4 BILLION spent on training

Probably the single best formation in Africa at the moment

Certainly the single least experienced formation in Africa at the moment

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
GreenandGold:

Let's put a Nigerian tank against a Makopa and see if it survives.

The Nigerian tank will surely survive since the Mokopa exists only on internet

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

In service

But not currently in use

Why is it so hard for you to grasp this?

"The original intention had been to build 36 Rooivalks for the SAAF, but that was cut to just 12 when defence funding was slashed after 1990."

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

You've been saying it is in service, but according to IHS janes, they aren't in SANDF service.

So is IHS janes telling us lies?

No, Janes says that they are not in use.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

SANDF should defeat Rhino Poachers in Kruger park first, then after that you go to Bangui for rematch with Seleka rebels. If you succeeded in getting your army's Gecko vehicles back and use it to carry the dead body of Warlords Harkouma and Djotodia to @THIZA's photography studio for Hollywood show on Nairaland, then come talk to us about what SANDF plans to do with African Islamic terrorists. grin grin

Still going on with your straw-man argument that anti-poaching is SANDFs primary duties?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

Certainly the single least experienced formation in Africa at the moment

Experience means nothing if you are well trained
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

"The original intention had been to build 36 Rooivalks for the SAAF, but that was cut to just 12 when defence funding was slashed after 1990."

Yes, and what was the SADF doing in 1990?

How big was it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

I am also quoting sources
errm patchy the pirate, when you made the comment SANDF has all the money and can afford everything, you didn't quote any source.

Again, you have claimed on many occasions IHS janes is the most trusted source, are we now not to accept IHS janes as a source?
Patchesagain:

think critically for once

While the Rooivalk is now operational, it still lacks the 10,000 m-range Mokopa laser-guided missile expressly designed for it by Denel Dynamics because there is[b] no funding to buy the weapon.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

Your first source is wikipedia

You have no other source that states you have cluster munitions, apart from the second source that says you used them once... 17 years ago.

#ShowUsNAFClusterBombs

Your above comment admits I showed first source that says we have them and second source that says we used them.

Third source will have to say Mr.Patrick Mokopa got b.lown to 77 pieces by Nigerian cluster bombs....because that's the only thing remaining to do

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120: errm patchy the pirate, when you made the comment SANDF has all the money and can afford everything, you didn't quote any source.

Again, you have claimed on many occasions IHS janes is the most trusted source, are we now not to accept IHS janes as a source?

While the Rooivalk is now operational, it still lacks the 10,000 m-range Mokopa laser-guided missile expressly designed for it by Denel Dynamics because there is[b] no funding to buy the weapon.[/b]

Because funding has been channeled into getting things we need

Feel free to point out all the large tank formations that the SANDF has to do battle with

The weapon has been intergrated and is waiting for when we need it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

No, Janes says that they are not in use.

Which means you were lying to us?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

Your above comment admits I showed first source that says we have them and second source that says we used them.

Third source will have to say Mr.Patrick Mokopa got b.lown to 77 pieces by Nigerian cluster bombs....because that's the only thing remaining to do

First source is wiki - and is about as much good as some toilet paper with your writing on it

Second source says that you used them once - 17 years ago.

How long has the nigerian army been in combat?

And you use it only once?

Lol, what you had is no more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

Which means you were lying to us.

Where?

Point it out
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

LOL

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
GreenandGold: For all we know they would have used them in their ongoing campaign against BH. Since they don't use them they don't have them...

#ShowUsNAFClusterBombs

You can travel to North East zone and find out by staying under Alpha Jets releasing bombs so you can prove if it includes cluster bombs too....just write your Property Sharing Will before you go becasue you won't be alive to write the bombing story after you witnessed it

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

Where?

Point it out

You keep dodging and dodging, Are you sure you aren't a South-African politician?

You know what the question is, Just answer it and stop dodging.

Again, you claimed the Makopa missile is in active service with your Armed forces, do you stand by this comment, despite IHS janes stating unequivocally you(SANDF) has no makopa missiles in their arsenal?

Answer this simple question.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
GreenandGold: Agububu once said to me there was a four hour difference between where I live and him.. I figured he lived somewhere in the Atlantic

[size=14pt] Why are you South Africans obsessed about where I live and where I work? That information won't equip your UNDEDICATED Rooivalk with Mokopa missiles [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

You can travel to North East zone and find out by staying under Alpha Jets releasing bombs so you can prove if it includes cluster bombs too....just write your Property Sharing Will before you go becasue you won't be alive to write the bombing story after you witnessed it

Or you could just show us proof
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

You keep dodging and dodging, Are you sure you aren't a South-African politician?

You know what the question is, Just answer it and stop dodging.

Again, you claimed the Makopa missile is in active service with your Armed forces, do you stand by this comment, despite IHS janes stating unequivocally you(SANDF) has no makopa missiles in their arsenal?

Answer this simple question.

You can keep asking

And you will get the same answer

Its in service but not in use.

Simple as that.

And you accuse me of telling lies? Well then substantiate that statement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt] Why are you South Africans obsessed about where I live and where I work? That information won't equip your UNDEDICATED Rooivalk with Mokopa missiles [/size]

You keep claiming to be american, prove it.

Remember the obsession you had with where i live?

#AugugubgugContradictions
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Bwahaha! show us where it says "OSHA is for nion members in the Carpenters and Allied Workers union". Thank you, ignorant American wannabe.

I'd be ashamed of Nigeria too, if I were you. I'd even be more ashamed of my ignorance of the law. Understandable given the lawlessness in your Nigeria.

OSHA is written by union members as a guide for America and a law for their members.

Common law statute and Doctrine if equity is a universal principle that prevents a union from binding non-union members with union rules.

Does Police operational rules bind me if I am effecting a citizens right to arrested a criminal and hand him over to the police?

Union trains it's own members and makes rules for them, they go to union schools called Trades & Skills. Ordinary people don't have union training and don't have union skills, most people in America climb roofs to do minor repairs at home. Many non-union contractors do non-goverment contracts and don't follow union safety rules at their own risk, al they must follow is government building structure measurments and formats.

OPEC rules don't bind non-members, SADC rules don't bind ECOWAS members. Union rules don't bind non-union members, you need union training to use a harness and it's called fall protection/fall arrest certificates and must be renewed by retraining every year depending on each American state, use a harness without training and crush your balls as harnesses pass around your male organ.

I am not using google search like you, al my comments off the top of my head because I live there and I have contarctor friends.

South Africa is NOT a developed country. Shuut Up and don't derail this thread. You don't know how unions work n advanced nations

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:
s.

South Africa is NOT a developed country. Shuut Up and don't derail this thread. You don't know how unions work n advanced nations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newly_industrialized_country
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

You can keep asking

Simple as that.

Fraudster.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

Fraudster.

No response?

Ok.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain: O MY GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBWkQlfFcA

Very very very impressive. What company owns this MRLS? The Russians popularised this system in world war II. Impressive piece.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

You can keep asking

Simple as that.

The second Mokopa source said it was NEVER ORDERED so how did it enter service ?

#Self-Trap grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Henry120:

Very very very impressive. What company owns this MRLS? The Russians popularised this system in world war II. Impressive piece.

Impressive

But I wouldent want to be the crew using it - looks like a slow vehical

God knows that if you fire that many rockets at someone, there will be a retaliation headed towards your grid-square, so you wanna be out of there fast
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

Experience means nothing if you are well trained

Why do employers pay experienced workers more than those with no experience?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
agaugust:

The second Mokopa source said it was NEVER ORDERED so how did it enter service ?

#Self-Trap grin

Limited intergration

Its ready to go, just there isnt any in our arsenals as we dont need them at the moment, and the cost of acquiring a significant number of Mokopa - at R1 million a pop - is not worth it.

Basically: Cost-Benefit analysis

Pic related, Rooivalk firing a Mokopa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqE1Ni8yB_0

(1) (2) (3) ... (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.