Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,584 members, 7,892,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4484879 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

Better than the RG-32. The RG-32 should be compared with the Proforce PF2 MK2.

RG-35 isn't in the same class as the Igirigi. They are both clearly different vehicles.

The Reeva, marauder, nyala are the same as the Igirigi.

The mountain lion is an MRAP, again, not in it's class.

[size=16pt]Marauder and iNyala are the same as the Igirigi?

You're obviously high on dust-filled cassava [/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

Better than the RG-32. The RG-32 should be compared with the Proforce PF2 MK2.

RG-35 isn't in the same class as the Igirigi. They are both clearly different vehicles.

The Reeva, marauder, nyala are the same as the Igirigi.

The mountain lion is an MRAP, again, not in it's class.

They're better alright.

So the Igirigi isn't that impressive to a Saffer.

Maybe the day I see a "Wahala MK 1 air to air missile" will I be impressed cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

You still owe me a cut barberman.. where do I find you in Hillbrow?
come watch my car tomorrow morning
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They're better alright.

So the Igirigi isn't that impressive to a Saffer.

Maybe the day I see a "Wahala MK 1 air to air missile" will I be impressed cheesy cheesy grin grin

They aren't better.

Good to see you're getting a hang on, on the lingo and slangs.

"Before this year finish, I go make sure say you go dey knack the lingo like a wafarian". Wafi boys go dey see you, dey hail!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

It simply means assets are deployed to areas where they are most required.

Remote FOB's can be allowed to be overran while the army re-strategies and lays siege t on the area.
Meaning your special forces and military Intell can't offer sound intell about the enemy's intentions, positioning, terrain and numbers?

Even when deployed somewhere, your forces are a mountain and can't move? They don't have quick reaction capabilities?

Your aircraft are all always in the air? No air frames are held in reserve and some utilised for training?

Do you know what's a siege? cheesy grin grin cheesy

Your military sieges areas? Instead of penetrating with combat power?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

They aren't better.

Good to see you're getting a hang on, on the lingo and slangs.

"Before this year finish, I go make sure say you go dey knack the lingo like a wafarian". Wafi boys go dey see you, dey hail!!
It isn't close.

Nigerians in this thread will be sad this year I tell you.

Make sure your health insurance covers for "nairaland triggered sadness".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Yes, no one cares when bad guys die. Especially in some country in west Africa. But will give attention when soldiers abandon their positions and civilians are massacred as a result.

Southern Africa Freedom fighter were well trained. Training came from Soviet union, Ukraine, East Germany, Angola, Ugandan, Mozambique etc.

Southern Africa freedom fighters were supplied by the Soviet union and its
allies. Advisors slept, ate, died and planned with them.

The first bunch of the Mk were trained in Algeria, the Algerian that time had just came out of an hard hitting insurgency against France.

What's BH fighter compared to a Cuban soldier, SWAPO fighter, MK fighter, ZANU fighter, Russian soldier, Korean Soldier, Freelimo soldier, ZAPU fighter, AZAPO fighter, FAPLA soldier?

If you see white men with an accent you can't recognised from tv, scream :"Finally!!! You came brothers"

How many were your freedom fighters from Soweto nation? Book Haram is estimated at about 20,000 men in West Africa.

Your 1980s freedom fighters were AK-47 hunters, they don't even have mobile phones talk less of having Boko Haram satellite phone, ZSU-23 Shilka and T-55 tanks.

Islamic insurgents frustrated USA/EU out of Afghanistan.

SANDF was frustrated by ordinary Rhino Poachers
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

Lame attempt to get even.... buhahahahaha.. losers

Lame attempt to cover up Kruger Park defeat.... buhahahahaha.. losers
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Yes, no one cares when bad guys die. Especially in some country in west Africa. But will give attention when soldiers abandon their positions and civilians are massacred as a result.

Southern Africa Freedom fighter were well trained. Training came from Soviet union, Ukraine, East Germany, Angola, Ugandan, Mozambique etc.

Southern Africa freedom fighters were supplied by the Soviet union and its
allies. Advisors slept, ate, died and planned with them.

The first bunch of the Mk were trained in Algeria, the Algerian that time had just came out of an hard hitting insurgency against France.

What's BH fighter compared to a Cuban soldier, SWAPO fighter, MK fighter, ZANU fighter, Russian soldier, Korean Soldier, Freelimo soldier, ZAPU fighter, AZAPO fighter, FAPLA soldier?

If you see white men with an accent you can't recognised from tv, scream :"Finally!!! You came brothers"

I've always suspected you are white, not like it matters.

You first comment smacks of double standards and an un-ending desire to be a mouth-piece for terrorists.

Those guys you claim trained your freedom fighters, thought them to obey ROE. Try fighting a man who has no problems sending a 13 years old girl to a suicide bombing mission.

The americans tried this with their NATO allies, and for 13 years, they failed miserably. There was a suicide attack in afghanistan yesterday, on a NATO convoy, and in a market,it wasn't reported in the news.

#doublestandards.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
agaugust:

How many were your freedom fighters from Soweto nation? Book Haram is estimated at about 20,000 men in West Africa.

Your 1980s freedom fighters were AK-47 hunters, they don't even have mobile phones talk less of having Boko Haram satellite phone, ZSU-23 Shilka and T-55 tanks.

Islamic insurgents frustrated USA/EU out of Afghanistan.

SANDF was frustrated by ordinary Rhino Poachers
SWAPO alone had T-55 tanks, ZSU-23 guns, ZPU-4 guns, MRL(s), Mines and many APCs. Plus they had soviet advisors.

Freedom fighters from Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia and more!

By putting "Islamic" in their terrorism brand doesn't mean they're highly trained nor capable, that's just for recruiting, Justification, attraction etc reasons.

The USA led coalition didn't have numbers and time to effectively deal with them.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Meaning your special forces and military Intell can't offer sound intell about the enemy's intentions, positioning, terrain and numbers?

Even when deployed somewhere, your forces are a mountain and can't move? They don't have quick reaction capabilities?

Your aircraft are all always in the air? No air frames are held in reserve and some utilised for training?

Do you know what's a siege? cheesy grin grin cheesy

Your military sieges areas? Instead of penetrating with combat power?

What's so important about a remote area lonely FOB ? As if the place should be defended like a gold and diamond mine, that fvcking FOB was in no man's land between two countries, dry semi-desert with nothing at stake worth dying for.

We should send NAF F-7 jets to defend sand and lake Chad water? Na goldmine and diamond mine?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
iterator24:
come watch my car tomorrow morning

buhahaha... you barely have a place to stay, a car in your next life maybe.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
SWAPO alone had T-55 tanks, ZSU-23 guns, ZPU-4 guns, MRL(s), Mines and many APCs. Plus they had soviet advisors.

By putting "Islamic" in their terrorism brand doesn't mean they're highly trained nor capable, that's just for recruiting, Justification, attraction etc reasons.

The USA led coalition didn't have numbers and time to effectively deal with them.

About 40,000 USA/NATO troops plus a whole air force supported by about 300,000 Afghan army coalition fighting against Taliban coalition for 11 years is not enough? Is Taliban = Russia ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
agaugust:

Lame attempt to cover up Kruger Park defeat.... buhahahahaha.. losers

Give me a name of the base we abandoned in the Kruger, I will give you the name of towns Boko Haram is preaching the Quran in - Inside Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

buhahaha... you barely have a place to stay, a car in your next life maybe.
stop sending me private mail msgs. wash my car first and I may help you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
[size=20pt]Augububu... why are you following me (ActivateKruger)? [/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

Give me a name of the base we abandoned in the Kruger, I will give you the name of towns Boko Haram is preaching the Quran in - Inside Nigeria

[size=16pt]The whole of Kruger park is controlled by invading Rhino poachers from Mozambique etc, they rule your homeland including portions of land owned by SANDF itself tonguetonguetongue
.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

I've always suspected you are white, not like it matters.

You first comment smacks of double standards and an un-ending desire to be a mouth-piece for terrorists.

Those guys you claim trained your freedom fighters, thought them to obey ROE. Try fighting a man who has no problems sending a 13 years old girl to a suicide bombing mission.

The americans tried this with their NATO allies, and for 13 years, they failed miserably. There was a suicide attack in afghanistan yesterday, on a NATO convoy, and in a market,it wasn't reported in the news.

#doublestandards.

No, they were trained to be effective guerrillas.

Was planting mines, public bombings, attacks on churches, villages, farms etc following ROE?

Branding is for recruiting, appeal, Justification reasons etc.

Wars are won at the hearts and minds of people, if people feel BH is winning its "holy war" disaffected youth will swell its ranks.

They're defeating you in the PR or branding side of the war.

NATO simply needed more troops to be more effective, also remember the USA went into Afghanistan first. But when they opened another front by that I mean the Iraqi war, attention and resources were diverted into Iraq. Where the battles were pitched than Afghanistan.

Look at how the Aq insurgents were crashed in Iraqi. They had access to billions worth of weapons.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
iterator24:
stop sending me private mail msgs. wash my car first and I may help you

[size=16pt]buhahahahah.. sending you pvt massages?

Not even if I wanted drugs you and your cousins sell in Hillbrow.

buhahahahah Mr barber who rides the Metro Bus and ReaVaya [/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:
still staying in that shack in Alexandra?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

[size=16pt]buhahahahah.. sending you pvt massages?

Not even if I wanted drugs you and your cousins sell in Hillbrow.

buhahahahah Mr barber who rides the Metro Bus and ReaVaya [/size]
ghosts don't create demand, junkies do, a.k.a saffers

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
iterator24:
still staying in that shack in Alexandra?

Does Agububu give you a Mouth Action since you're now answering questions intended for him... these Igbo boys and their flat heads.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

I don't follow anyone on nairaland. If wanted to, I will rather follow LabelleMafiaZa.... I wanna 'experiment' with her.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
iterator24:
ghosts don't create demand, junkies do, a.k.a saffers

Just like there's demand for Nigerians to cut our hair.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

Does Agububu give you a Mouth Action since you're now answering questions intended for him... these Igbo boys and their flat heads.
give me a heads up when you need your fix, I'll get you contacts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
GreenandGold:

Just like there's demand for Nigerians to cut our hair.
saffers dominate the 'hair cut' industry dude.. got a hair cut from one lastweek, he called me Chief .. wink

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
agaugust:

About 40,000 USA/NATO troops plus a whole air force in joint force with about 300,000 Afghan army coalition fighting against Taliban coalition for 11 years is not enough? Is Taliban = Russia ?
40 000 for an entire country is too small. Remember not all those guys are ground combat forces.

The Iraq war made the Americans to shift attention, resources etc from the low intensity war in Afghanistan, to the high pitched one in Iraqi.

Also remember the Taliban were a government, not just some boys club. Whom decided become brutal after their was killed. And becoming an effective force capable of fighting openly and defeating a country armed forces.

Under your noises!!!! BH didn't have tanks during the 2009 crack down.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:

I don't hear of SWAPO T-55 or ZSU-23....show me their photos
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
agaugust:

I don't hear of SWAPO T-55 or ZSU-23....show me their photos
That's because you don't know military history.

You won't hear if your head is stuck in your ar..se.

They had T-34, T-55, APCs, ZPU-4 and more APCs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2015
agaugust:

I don't follow anyone on nairaland. If wanted to, I will rather follow LabelleMafiaZa.... I wanna 'experiment' with her.

[size=20pt]Lier as usual [/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2015
agaugust:

What's so important about a remote area lonely FOB ? As if the place should be defended like a gold and diamond mine, that fvcking FOB was in no man's land between two countries, dry semi-desert with nothing at stake worth dying for.

We should send NAF F-7 jets to defend sand and lake Chad water? Na goldmine and diamond mine?
FOB= Forward operating base. If it isn't important why not use your main bases?

That's because your bases are far, so launch operations in that area you opened a base. Which came under attack and your commander abandoned/failed the troops manning the base.

In turn your troops knew fighting would be futile as no reinforcements and air strikes would come, being cowards they ran. Soon you'll put them on trail and sentence them to death.

You're telling us the lives of your soldiers are not important when they're deployed to an area your military can't access but inside your country.

Why should you send your F-7? Because your men are coming under heavy power from thousands of enemy fighters. This offers an opportunity to kill them. F-7 should go anywhere in Nigeria where BH is moving, sitting, planning, resting, sleeping, eating etc

But your military is incapable of doing so, that's why BH is getting strong.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42am On Jan 06, 2015
MikeCZAR:
FOB= Forward operating base. If it isn't important why not use your main bases?

That's because your bases are far, so launch operations in that area you opened a base. Which came under attack and your commander abandoned/failed the troops manning the base.

In turn your troops knew fighting would be futile as no reinforcements and air strikes would come, being cowards they ran. Soon you'll put them on trail and sentence them to death.

You're telling us the lives of your soldiers are not important when they're deployed to an area your military can't access but inside your country.

Why should you send your F-7? Because your men are coming under heavy power from thousands of enemy fighters. This offers an opportunity to kill them. F-7 should go anywhere in Nigeria where BH is moving, sitting, planning, resting, sleeping, eating etc

But your military is incapable of doing so, that's why BH is getting strong.

The soldiers are from four countries multinational. Your first error, not just Nigeria.

They fought for 7 hours until ammunition finished before they retreated. Your second error, they didn't run without resisting Bokos.

The base on Chadian side of border, why should NAF fly F-7 into Chad without permit when rules of engagement signed by all 4 countries for the joint force states that mutual consent should be obtained before crossing borders into another man's territory unless the soldiers of the other nation are there. Chadian air force should have been the one flying jets to aid the soldiers as the Bokos and FOB are on Chadian side. That's your third error.

FOB in vast open semi-desert, lose one position, shift to another position, the land is big enough for everybody, no need contesting an FOB in the wilderness. The purpose of Multinational FOB is to create joint cooperation, they have nothing of value to protect in those deserts.

Your fourth error, the FOB is a cooperation centre from which to mobilize forces that can cross national boundaries together in a coordinated manner....your post is full of errors....Papy Jascoco cheesycheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.