Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4483499 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
You want me to educate you again Evarn?
yes,mr mike 'ebola' czar,please enlighten me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
but you once claimed that your government doesnt operate any business or investments?

@Evan, governments are non-profit making organisation. Whatever money that they acquire is revenues and it has to be exhausted by delivering neccessary services to the people

However, the government of SA is also involved in business through State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) which comprises, -Eskom, PIC which bought Dangote shares, Telkom, SAA, Sasol, etc. Here is a complete list: http://www.gcis.gov.za/content/resourcecentre/contactdirectory/government-structures-and-parastatals

Yet the government does not see these institution as businesses rather an operating hand that helps it to augment expenditure in infrastructure and to deliver tertiary services which are not basic in nature.

As current the government is spending $80 billion for three years which was made available by the government and SOEs.

http://www.sanews.gov.za/south-africa/state-spend-r800bil-infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Msauza:
@Evan, governments are non-profit making organisation. Whatever money that they acquire is revenues and it has to be exhausted by delivering neccessary services to the people.However, the government of SA is also involved in business through State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) which comprises, -Eskom, PIC which bought Dangote shares, Telkom, SAA, Sasol, etc. Here is a complete list: http://www.gcis.gov.za/content/resourcecentre/contactdirectory/government-structures-and-parastatals
Yet the government does not see these institution as businesses rather an operating hand that helps it to augment expenditure in infrastructure and to deliver tertiary services which are not basic in nature.
As current the government is spending $80 billion for three years which was made available by the government and SOEs.
http://www.sanews.gov.za/south-africa/state-spend-r800bil-infrastructure
well done mr adamu m'uazu,you appear as clueless as your nigerian counterpart.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
i didnt really notice this when i read this news about a four days ago,but i just noticed it while browsing through the afternoon news:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-2913128/Chad-votes-send-troops-Cameroon-Nigeria-fight-Boko-Haram.html
from the above news,i was able to actually grasp the fact that the chadian president,idris deby,and parliament sent chadian troops not only to "assist" cameroon in fighting BH,but also TO RECAPTURE BAGA.Baga is nigeria's territory,how can chad deploy military firepower to free and capture nigeria's territory without GEJ's consent?,what the fvck is going on with our presidency,senate,and house of representatives?,why isnt the military protesting?.soon chad will begin deploying their MiG-29 Fulcrum supersonic fighter jets into borno,to 'liberate' it from boko haram,and we will continue gawking at them till they plunder our country in half?.@oga agaugast,henry,Naijapikingidi,stillchris,please tell me something is being done to address iminent invasion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
well done mr adamu m'uazu,you appear as clueless as your nigerian counterpart.

The only person who appears to be clueless is you. Here is the extract from the source that I have posted.

Cape Town -The government and state-owned enterprises will spend more than R800 billion over the next three years on new power stations, road networks, dams and water supply pipelines, rail and ports facilities, schools, hospitals and government buildings, the Minister of Finance Pravin Gordhan has revealed in his Budget Speech.

It is clear that the SOEs are also involved in building infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
i didnt really notice this when i read this news about a four days ago,but i just noticed it while browsing through the afternoon news:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-2913128/Chad-votes-send-troops-Cameroon-Nigeria-fight-Boko-Haram.html
from the above news,i was able to actually grasp the fact that the chadian president,idris deby,and parliament sent chadian troops not only to "assist" cameroon in fighting BH,but also TO RECAPTURE BAGA.Baga is nigeria's territory,how can chad deploy military firepower to free and capture nigeria's territory without GEJ's consent?,what the fvck is going on with our presidency,senate,and house of representatives?,why isnt the military protesting?.soon chad will begin deploying their MiG-29 Fulcrum supersonic fighter jets into borno,to 'liberate' it from boko haram,and we will continue gawking at them till they plunder our country in half?.@oga agaugast,henry,Naijapikingidi,stillchris,please tell me something is being done to address iminent invasion.

With Jonathan everything is possible.

Vote for Bihari
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Msauza:
The only person who appears to be clueless is you. Here is the extract from the source that I have posted.Cape Town -The government and state-owned enterprises will spend more than R800 billion over the next three years on new power stations, road networks, dams and water supply pipelines, rail and ports facilities, schools, hospitals and government buildings, the Minister of Finance Pravin Gordhan has revealed in his Budget Speech.It is clear that the SOEs are also involved in building infrastructure.
so you now admit that your government runs businesses?.anyway,that still doesnt explain where you intend to get $100b.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Hogsmead: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
you make $88b a year,spend $105b/annum and yet you want to build a $100b nuclear power plant?,where is the money?
I will direct you to Flamville data,they will show you how a nuclear power plant is financed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
mzilakazi:

With Jonathan everything is possible.

Vote for Bihari
yeah right,but why dont you face your bl00dy business.namibia and angola are threatened by pirates,why havent you helped them yet?,i guessed they havent got shiny gold for greedy southies to steal.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
so you now admit that your government runs businesses?.anyway,that still doesnt explain where you intend to get $100b.

Any government will not like it if you ever make such comment that they are making business. Government enterprises are public and are not privately run to line the pockets of some few tycoons.

As you could see in the case of SA, their revenues will be collected to build infrastructure. The same way they will feed the bill to build the nuclear power station worth $100 billion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hogsmead:

I will direct you to Flamville data,they will show you how a nuclear power plant is financed.
Hogsmead?,touché,wouldnt something like 'hogwarts' or 'Numengard' or 'malfoy' be more mysterious?....flamville data indeed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
mzilakazi:

Any government will not like it if you ever make such comment that they are making business. Government enterprises are public and are not privately run to line the pockets of some few tycoons.
but your government actually runs businesses,my friend,quis govéermœñte dé la çbananaà republique!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
but your government actually runs businesses,my friend,quis govéermœñte dé la çbananaà republique!.

Our government is not a banana republic. It has its own companies to run tertiary services to the people at a cost. Services which have been monopolised. The revenues that are made belong to the government of SA. So, tell me how is that business? SA is a mixture of social and free market system. In other words our country is run by communists and capitalists at the same time. Someone who has more money to pay for postage, electricity, telephone, etc is also indirectly paying for the medical bills and building the house of the poor. dummy.

Perhaps, Nigeria is a banana republic since it does not have perfect policies to regulate its revenue base.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
yes,mr mike 'ebola' czar,please enlighten me.
I shall enlighten you my son, thee need to ask questions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
They might be sending the troops for that joint task force.

And yes Baga is near lake Chad inside Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
mzilakazi:
Our government is not a banana republic. It has its own companies to run tertiary services to the people at a cost. Services which have been monopolised. The revenues that are made belong to the government of SA. So, tell me how is that business? SA is a mixture of social and free market system. In other words our country is run by communists and capitalists at the same time. Someone who has more money to pay for postage, electricity, telephone, etc is also indirectly paying for the medical bills and building the house of the poor. dummy.

Perhaps, Nigeria is a banana republic since it does not have perfect policies to regulate its revenue base.
hahahahaha*i laugh in swahili*..oh my!,how can a government be both communist and capitalist at the same time?!...man,you've got the cluelessness award for janaury.your government conducts business.simple!,your country is broke.simple!,your economy is like a chipmonk sniffing its a.ss.simple!.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
yeah right,but why dont you face your bl00dy business.namibia and angola are threatened by pirates,why havent you helped them yet?,i guessed they havent got shiny gold for greedy southies to steal.
They're threatened not experiencing piracy.

They'll call out for help if things heat up, like Mozambique just did with the floods.

Like DRC in the late 90s and now.

Like Tanzania did in the late 90s, when their training teams were stuck in the DRC.

SADC isn't ECOWAS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
I shall enlighten you my son, thee need to ask questions.
my God,that was so corny!....its 'thou' not 'thee',do you want moses to smite you down with his staff for desecrating sacred biblical words?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:

You don't need to worry over what the news says on doesn't say! Talk is cheap! The same western news hounds consistently have portrayed the Camerounian army as more effective ... not so? How come they are now crying out for help from a lowly Chad? Make no mistake, we are operationally in-charge of the situation in the North East -- otherwise Cameroun would still have been comfortable and taking things easy. What you are seeing currently, is the impact of the NA pressing the insurgents hard ... leaving them on the run with no option but to find soft targets over the border in Cameroun while trying to cool-off.

NA is cracking down on the spineless insurgents and the result is what you see happening across in Cameroun. At ease!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
hahahahaha*i laugh in swahili*..oh my!,how can a government be both communist and capitalist at the same time?!...man,you've got the cluelessness award for janaury.your government conducts business.simple!,your country is broke.simple!,your economy is like a chipmonk sniffing its a.ss.simple!.

SA is a social-free market system.

http://m.treasuryone.co.za/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.treasuryone.co.za%2Feconomic-viewpoint-2%2F#2887

SA is not broke. Just only because they cannot fund for some military projects does not mean that the government of SA is broke. The only government in Africa which gives free medical insurance, pensions, houses and grants to its citizens every month non-stop. Nigeria does not have the capacity to do that. SA has SOEs which can fund for any project no matter how big it is and as well as large private sector which operate in Africa at large which also helps to relieve the government in its duties by funding for some projects.

We are the only country in Africa that has the infrastructure that meet the standards of developed countries. Fact!!!

So who is broke now? Nigeria or SA.

SA is the richest government in Africa, Fact!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They might be sending the troops for that joint task force.

And yes Baga is near lake Chad inside Nigeria.
i pray SA never has you as a president,you'd run your country into multiple seige!.chad isnt sending troops for any MNJTF,its sending in troops for further distabilization!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:

AFP and REUTERS posted the correct report, only Cameroon bagged Chad for military help in combat...same Cameroon that was boasting last week that they killed about 200 Bokos, now they are afraid of Boko Haram retaliation cheesycheesy

Baga is a border town and may have a Chadian segment. Chad cannot enter Nigeria without permission from Abuja. Invasion? Nigerian army artillery will reduce the whole Chadian army into charcoal from 15km to 45km away, MRLS, THA,and SPHA, no African country can pass through Nigerian artillery firepower, not even Algeria, only Egypt can survive it with counter battery fire. Who is Chad? They don't even have one single tank in their army.

Only Nigeria can stand alone to fight Boko Haram in West Africa.

See Cameroon that was laughing at Nigeria for years now, they see small Boko threat and President Biya is already down on his knees begging Chad and France for help with soldiers.

Where is that foolish Cameroonian girl that was boasting here last week that their military is better than Nigeria's?

LOL !!! You know cowards when the war enters into their bedrooms with RPG and 23mm cannon playing music inside their living rooms.

Even Chad, let Boko Haram enter N'djamena with 1,000 battle hardened Boko Haram men and equipment, Chad will beg France for help.

All those laughing at Nigeria, their own time of weeping and gnashing of teeth is coming one by one cheesycheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
i pray SA never has you as a president,you'd run your country into multiple seige!.chad isnt sending troops for any MNJTF,its sending in troops for further distabilization!
they wouldn't do that openly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

You don't need to worry over what the news says on doesn't say! Talk is cheap! The same western news hounds consistently have portrayed the Camerounian army as more effective ... not so? How come they are now crying out for help from a lowly Chad? Make no mistake, we are operationally in-charge of the situation in the North East -- otherwise Cameroun would still have been comfortable and taking things easy. What you are seeing currently, is the impact of the NA pressing the insurgents hard ... leaving them on the run with no option but to find soft targets over the border in Cameroun while trying to cool-off.

NA is cracking down on the spineless insurgents and the result is what you see happening across in Cameroun. At ease!!
espi d'cole,what of the chadian threat?.i trust that they are being monitored to prevent sabotage?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
espi d'cole,what of the chadian threat?.i trust that they are being monitored to prevent sabotage?
Remember: the transitional CAR government asked Chad to pull out its troops after its sf was accused of backing Seleka.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
agaugust:
AFP and REUTERS posted the correct report,only Cameroon bagged Chad for military help in combat...same Cameroon that was boasting last week that they killed about 200 Bokos,now they are afraid of Boko Haram retaliation .Only Nigeria can stand alone to fight Boko Haram in West Africa.See Cameroon that was laughing at Nigeria for years now,they see small Boko threat and President Biya is already down on his knees begging Chad and France for help with soldiers.Where is that foolish Cameroonian girl that was boasting here last week that their military is better than Nigeria's?
LOL!!!You know cowards when the war enters into their bedrooms with RPG and 23mm cannon playing music inside their living rooms.Even Chad,let Boko Haram enter N'djamena with 1,000 battle hardened Boko Haram men and equipment,Chad will beg France for help.All those laughing at Nigeria,their own time of weeping and gnashing of teeth is coming one by one
do you think we can prevent chadian invasion?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They're threatened not experiencing piracy.

They'll call out for help if things heat up, like Mozambique just did with the floods.

Like DRC in the late 90s and now.

Like Tanzania did in the late 90s, when their training teams were stuck in the DRC.

SADC isn't ECOWAS.
a tiger with a goat's teeth will surely chew grass.SANDF is just a shiny army with no performance.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
Chad ain't deploying to Nigeria ,they are asisting glory hunting Cameroon.shikena

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
EVarn:
do you think we can prevent chadian invasion?
how on earth will they try that
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
mzilakazi:

SA is a social-free market system.
http://m.treasuryone.co.za/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.treasuryone.co.za%2Feconomic-viewpoint-2%2F#2887
SA is not broke. Just only because they cannot fund for some military projects does not mean that the government of SA is broke. The only government in Africa which gives free medical insurance, pensions, houses and grants to its citizens every month non-stop. Nigeria does not have the capacity to do that. SA has SOEs which can fund for any project no matter how big it is and as well as large private sector which operate in Africa at large which also helps to relieve the government in its duties by funding for some projects.
We are the only country in Africa that has the infrastructure that meet the standards of developed countries. Fact!!!
So who is broke now? Nigeria or SA.
SA is the richest government in Africa, Fact!!!
hahahaha...what is your new claim now?,that your country is located in the swedish alps?....haha
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

Chad ain't deploying to Nigeria ,they are asisting glory hunting Cameroon.shikena
it wouldnt do for us to be complacent,overconfident and dismiss all possibilities,you heard idris deby,he clearly said that chad was sending troops to reclaim baga.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

how on earth will they try that
many country now views the NA as a weak dying force due to BH propaganda.chad has been on our tail since the 60's,now is the right time for them to strike because they imagine that we cant fight a war on two fronts.frankly,chad has grown too strong,how do we counter their MiG-29s,with our F7s?,how do we beat back their russian trained,battle hardened troops while fighting BH at the same time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.