Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4480113 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
TickTickBoom:

Hahaha. Appreciated smiley
smiley so dragoste mea,do you really know much about military matters?.or do you need me to assist you in kowtowing the crevices of military affairs *winks*
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
EVarn:
smiley so dragoste mea,do you really know much about military matters?.or do you need me to assist you in kowtowing the crevices of military affairs *winks*

lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
jpphilips:

Of course, the Nigerian President just hired, the Chadians, Niger and Cameroon grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
TickTickBoom:

lipsrsealed tongue
hahahahaha....you will find that i'm a very generous helper.i'm perfectly capable of assisting you mon angelos,if you will allow me of course!.grin smiley lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
Bokoharam just kidnappe about 14 teenage girls in Cameroon. think these guys are beginning to understand that fighting terrorists dressed in and mingling with civilians isn't a cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
EVarn:
oh,you are free to use it,but i'd prefer to give you directly from the distiller.

Wow!!! Is it also chinese imported.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
snydergp:

Wow!!! Is it also chinese imported.
No,mr louis trichardt,it was manufactured in lagos,nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
MduZA:

Nigerian doctors working in SA are employed so that they can only treat their fellow country people who are bringing all sorts of strange sicknesses into SA...
like HIV and homicide related and gin related injuries and deaths....those are the exclusive preserve of savage bantus and zulus
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
MduZA:

gaz'lam we are just entertaining these jungle people just for sweet...
you mean trying to make meaning out of your oblique existence.
common, it's a do-or-die for you Mandela boys. you will keep on spewing poo just to have the last word either on real military debate or childish bickering just to have a moment of a elusive success over Nigeria.
your desperation and raw hatred is as obvious as your lack of objective input.
we are Nigerians , western African specie and we are built to last and carry on. unlike you blame-trading wild animals thrust into the harsh reality of a modern world which you know nothing about.
Rookie irritants.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
lezz:
you mean trying to make meaning out of your oblique existence.
common, it's a do-or-die for you Mandela boys. you will keep on spewing poo just to have the last word either on real military debate or childish bickering just to have a moment of a elusive success over Nigeria.
your desperation and raw hatred is as obvious as your lack of objective input.
we are Nigerians , western African specie and we are built to last and carry on. unlike you blame-trading wild animals thrust into the harsh reality of a modern world which you know nothing about.
Rookie irritants.

this is what I expect from people who enjoy showing fake muscles,when they get exposed they cry foul....if modern world is about seeking refuge in foreign lands,I acknowledge its harsh reality...if you intelligent people were discussing domestic matters without making mockery of other nationals,I don't think there would have been foreigners bothering you on your forum....i have noticed that Nigerians on this forum know much about what is happening in SA than in their own country ...i don't know anything about military matters that's why I only comment on people who are derailing this thread with their rubbish,you included...

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tafelkoppe under 40 banned in the UAE. Bye bye, Dubai.

http://www.naij.com/380424-uae-new-visa-restrictions-for-nigerians.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
EVarn:
No,mr louis trichardt,it was manufactured in lagos,nigeria.

Ok smart g..ay aka Sani Abacha/Ibrahim Babangida/abdulsalami Abubakar/Muhammad Abacha I never knew you could manufacture anything besides Casava muffinsgrin.

You not dealing with a f...ool here. Now back to military matters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 12:31am On Feb 11, 2015
Terrorists and soldiers,where is colonel augububu?,hopefully he is not abducted by boko haram bandits,actually I miss his lies and propaganda,these two fools less and evarn should be removed from this thread for the continuation of strictly military matters...so that people like me can only do the reading,can I get the witness?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 11, 2015
DieVluit:
Tafelkoppe under 40 banned in the UAE. Bye bye, Dubai.

http://www.naij.com/380424-uae-new-visa-restrictions-for-nigerians.html

fish brain saffers, it trends on nairaland doesn't mean its confirmed... now you quote an obscure website

Our attention has been drawn to multiple news reports that Nigerians less than 40 years of age will not be granted visa to the UAE. While Bespoke Vacations is not in a position to refute this, it is important to note that a UAE Visa application needs to be sponsored by a Dubai Destination Management Company (DMC), Nigerian travel agencies get their visas through various DMCs. Bespoke Vacations get its visas through a State owned DMC which this alleged new policy does not apply to. Based on this, we will continue to get visas for Nigerian passport holders irrespective of their age until we are directed to do otherwise. As a matter of fact, we got four (4) visas yesterday for two male and two female Nigerians all below thirty (30) years old. We are neither in position to determine the process which is in place for other agencies, nor is it our place to speak on their behalf. Therefore we can speak only for our company. Nigerians irrespective of their age can take advantage of our ongoing Dubai Vacation Offer to get a taste of the City of Sand and Sun, click here for details.

lindaikeji..in/2015/02/dubai-visa-for-nigerians-irrespective.html?m=1
bespokevacationsng.com/index.php/tours-2/tours/63-dubai-for-two-from-410-000-per-couple

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2015
snydergp:

Ok smart g..ay aka Sani Abacha/Ibrahim Babangida/abdulsalami Abubakar/Muhammad Abacha I never knew you could manufacture anything besides Casava muffinsgrin.

You not dealing with a f...ool here. Now back to military matters.
lol.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2015
MduZA:
Terrorists and soldiers,where is colonel augububu?,hopefully he is not abducted by boko haram bandits,actually I miss his lies and propaganda,these two fools less and evarn should be removed from this thread for the continuation of strictly military matters...so that people like me can only do the reading,can I get the witness?
see this lazy f00l,always spreading your palms to receive when you didnt input anything tangible.it is you that is likely to get kidnapped by your drug sniffing ilks.everyone needs a break once in a while,it isnt by force to post comments everyday,from morning till night,some of us actually have a life outside of the internet.i think agaugust visited this forum yesterday,but didnt actively participate.
where is colonel patchypatchy?,hiding under a rabbit hole in guasteng.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2015
Diehl’s IRIS-T Surface Launched missile has successfully demonstrated its full performance envelope and achieved qualification after three firings at the Overberg Test Range last month.

Diehl said the three guided firings were executed in different short- to medium-range and very low- to high-altitude scenarios and that all of them resulted in direct hits of the target drones. To prove the capabilities of IRIS-T SL, jet target drones of different sizes were used performing a large variety of realistic evasive manoeuvres.

The first target was engaged at a distance of more than 30 km. The IRIS-T SL missile flight time was about one minute, reaching an altitude above 12 km. Despite an evasive manoeuvre involving changing direction and altitude, a direct hit of the target was achieved, proving the medium range capabilities of IRIS-T SL.

The second firing was at very close range to the launch point to prove the missile´s short range engagement capabilities. During this firing, IRIS-T SL jettisoned its aerodynamic cover shortly after launch, immediately initiating a hard turn-over manoeuvre towards the low flying target. The entire engagement lasted less than 10 seconds and also ended with a direct hit.

The third firing was carried out against a very small, fast and agile target drone featuring high agility and extreme manoeuvring capability. A direct hit was achieved at 12.5 km range and 1.5 km altitude even though the drone performed aggressive dive/pull-up evasive manoeuvres.

The performance demonstration firings concluded a series of test firings as part of the IRIS-T SL system development. Having been contracted by the Federal Office of Bundeswehr for Equipment, Information Technology, and In-Service Support (BAAINBw), representatives of the BAAINBw as well as the German Air Force witnessed IRIS-T SL’s performance in full accordance with the requirements of the German Air Force. IRIS-T SL is planned to be a component of the future German Air and Missile Defence System (TLVS).

Diehl has used Overberg for testing in the past – for instance in mid-January 2014 the company tested the IRIS-T SL with the new CEAFAR active phased array radar from CEA Technologies in Australia, the BMD-Flex command, control and communication system from Terma in Denmark and the Oerlikon Skymaster battle management system from Rheinmetall Air Defence in Switzerland. A low-flying EADS Do-DT 25 jet target drone was destroyed at 20 km. Earlier test firings took place in November 2013.

The IRIS-T SLM (Surface Launched Medium range) air defence system is a modular design featuring open system architecture, allowing it to use a variety of radars and control systems. It is being developed for Germany as a stop-gap to the Medium Extended Air Defence System (Meads) being produced by Lockheed Martin and MBDA and is a ground-launched version of the infrared homing IRIS-T in service with the South African Air Force. It has a sharp nose cone to reduce drag that is separated prior to approaching a target.

Diehl Defence said the mobile, medium-range systems provide comprehensive 360 degree protection against air attacks by aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles and guided weapons. They allow simultaneous engagement of several targets even at very short distances thanks to extremely short reaction times.

The Denel Overberg Test Range (DOTR) is a missile and aircraft test range that provides turnkey flight test, system certification and performance evaluation services for missiles, rockets, bombs, guided munitions and aircraft. The range can manage and carry out air, ground and sea flight tests. It has the facilities to evaluate and measure the performance of aircraft, their avionics systems and their carriage and release of ordnance. The range is also able to conduct anti-tank tests, helicopter-based tests and electronic warfare tests.

With more than 43 000 hectares of terrain and almost 70 km of uninhabited coastline, the Test Range is a perfect arena for testing stand-off weapon systems.

Weapons tested at the DOTR include the Taurus Systems KEPD-350 stand-off missile, the MBDA Storm Shadow stand-off missile, the IRIS-T, Thales Starstreak, MBDA Mistral air defence missiles, Denel Dynamics Umkhonto surface-to-air missile, Umbani guided bomb kit and A-Darter air-to-air missile.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2015
EVarn:
see this lazy f00l,always spreading your palms to receive when you didnt input anything tangible.it is you that is likely to get kidnapped by your drug sniffing ilks.everyone needs a break once in a while,it isnt by force to post comments everyday,from morning till night,some of us actually have a life outside of the internet.i think agaugust visited this forum yesterday,but didnt actively participate.
where is colonel patchypatchy?,hiding under a rabbit hole in guasteng.

your life outside internet is selling water or petrol on the mokoko gravel streets of Lagos...while you are still planning on how you will exit your sh...thole country,am thinking of extending my house so that I can accommodate more Nigerians refugees...your kids anticipated
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2015
SOUTH AFRICAN Navy Maritime Reaction team....we always prepare for the worst scenario.....and training and training keeps us abreast

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2015
SA Navy Maritime Reaction team....TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST SHOW THE BEST

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:44am On Feb 11, 2015
SA Navy Maritime Reaction team

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2015
EVarn:
that is strange indeed....because i can quite vividly recall tha SA is the disease/HIV capital of the world.we on the other hand,have successfully eradicated polio and ebola from nigeria.

How sure are you that SA is still an AIDS capital? Your country Nigeria does not have official stats, only estimations. Nigeria could be an AIDS capital in the world, only if valid and reliable stats can be conducted, but that procedure will bankrupt Nigerian government and will also be a way more risky especially for those (field workers) who will be used to collect stats in the North.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2015
Thiza:
SA Navy Maritime Reaction team....TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST SHOW THE BEST
The "green men" are recces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2015
iterator24:

fish brain saffers, it trends on nairaland doesn't mean its confirmed... now you quote an obscure website

Our attention has been drawn to multiple news reports that Nigerians less than 40 years of age will not be granted visa to the UAE. While Bespoke Vacations is not in a position to refute this, it is important to note that a UAE Visa application needs to be sponsored by a Dubai Destination Management Company (DMC), Nigerian travel agencies get their visas through various DMCs. Bespoke Vacations get its visas through a State owned DMC which this alleged new policy does not apply to. Based on this, we will continue to get visas for Nigerian passport holders irrespective of their age until we are directed to do otherwise. As a matter of fact, we got four (4) visas yesterday for two male and two female Nigerians all below thirty (30) years old. We are neither in position to determine the process which is in place for other agencies, nor is it our place to speak on their behalf. Therefore we can speak only for our company. Nigerians irrespective of their age can take advantage of our ongoing Dubai Vacation Offer to get a taste of the City of Sand and Sun, click here for details.

lindaikeji..in/2015/02/dubai-visa-for-nigerians-irrespective.html?m=1
bespokevacationsng.com/index.php/tours-2/tours/63-dubai-for-two-from-410-000-per-couple

What could be more obscure than "bespoke vacations" and a blog?

Blog - "(n) a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2015
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense-news/bizwatch/2015/02/06/turkey-mines-contracts/22867427/

Turkey Moves To Demine, Contracts To Follow

ANKARA — After several years of delays, Turkey's Parliament has passed a bill for clearing more than 1 million landmines, mostly in Turkey's southern and eastern border areas. Industry sources say several contracts, big and small, are on the way.

The law orders the founding of a National Mine Center and tasks it with "making policy, strategy and work plans to remove threats from landmines and other unexploded ammunitions." The center also will set up and operate an information management system.

"Eventually, this effort will bring in several contracts for specialized companies, Turkish and foreign," said one industry executive who deals with munitions. "Contracts will involve both clearance work and equipment."

Analysts and industry sources agree that the entire program will entail contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

The law, passed in Parliament's general assembly on Jan. 22, grants customs and import tax exceptions to "all kinds of equipment, vehicles and machinery that will imported for the purpose of demining."

Although one procurement official familiar with the demining program said foreign and local companies would race for demining contracts, deputies in a last-minute move during parliamentary debate annexed an article that favors local companies over foreign ones.

The article states that "local companies should be given priority in acquisition of goods and services in landmine clearance activity."

The annex was a proposal from an opposition deputy, Mehmet Seker.

"We wanted to force foreign companies into partnerships with local companies," Seker said during the debate.

Another opposition deputy, Mehmet Gunal, echoed the same view.

"It would be humiliating for Turkey to award demining contracts [solely] to foreign companies," he said. "Turkish companies too should participate in biddings."

"We expect to see productive partnerships and strong competition among several bidders," the procurement official said.

In 2009, the Turkish government moved to lease vast swaths of territory along the Turkish-Syrian border in exchange for clearing it of the landmines. After two weeks of hot debate, Parliament withdrew the draft bill that would lease the land "to a private company for 44 years in return for destroying the mines that had been planted there during the past decades."

During the debate, the Turkish military said NATO's Maintenance and Supply Agency, or NAMSA, should be considered as a primary choice for carrying out the demining task.

Under the Ottawa Treaty banning anti-personnel landmines, Turkey was obliged to remove by March 2014 landmines planted on about 176 square kilometers of territory bordering Syria. Turkey ratified the treaty in 2003.

In 2013, the Turkish military received four South African-made Husky vehicle-mounted mine detectors. Husky is a mine-removal system developed by Dorbyl Rolling Stock Division of East Rand, Gauteng, South Africa. The vehicles at that time cost Turkey more than US $100 million.

The Husky system was developed in the 1970s for the South African Defence Force to clear mines from military convoy routes in Namibia and Angola. It consists of two Husky vehicles. The first one acts as a mine detection vehicle and the second as a towing/mine detection vehicle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2015
SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SPECIAL TASK FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2015
SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL TASK FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:05am On Feb 11, 2015
SANDF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2015
MduZA:

...i have noticed that Nigerians on this forum know much about what is happening in SA than in their own country ...

another implicit admission that what we Nigerians have been saying here are facts. thanks for that.

and you also just admitted you know nothing about military, that's a tactile admission of a self confessed troll. you ought not to be here.

you are on an ego trip, and no one ,not even your skewed up "facts" bother us.

the resilience of the average Nigerian is a DNA missing in the average Soweto boys( and I'm not saying it's your fault) and its the fault of apartheid . that's the attitude of your black ANC government, it's the attitude of julius Malema( take all white land and properties without compensation). it is the reflection of you boys on nairaland from Zulu kingdom.
You never take responsibility either on a national level or in your individual lives.

But me thinks conformity should be your watchword. you guys are still looking at the world with an inverted telescope.

you are taking big bites you couldn't chew or have the skills to process.

swallow your pride and learn. that should be the motive of your journey into nairaland.

Regards
Leslie
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 11:42am On Feb 11, 2015
lezz:
another implicit admission that what we Nigerians have been saying here are facts. thanks for that.

and you also just admitted you know nothing about military, that's a tactile admission of a self confessed troll. you ought not to be here.

the resilience of the average Nigerian is a DNA missing in the average Soweto boys( and I'm not saying it's your fault) and its the fault of apartheid . that's the attitude of your black ANC government, it's the attitude of julius Malema( take all white land and properties without compensation). it is the reflection of you boys on nairaland from Zulu kingdom.
You never take responsibility either on a national level or in your individual lives.

But me thinks conformity should be your watchword. you guys are still looking at the world with an inverted telescope.

swallow your pride and learn. that should be the motive of your journey into nairaland.

Regards
Leslie

nothing positive to learn from a Nigerian..
am not hear to learn anything as there is nothing to learn...am not hear to win an argument as there is no argument to win..
I still maintain what I told you that if you people were discussing domestic issues without making mockery (insults)of other countries,there would have been no foreigners bothering you on this forum..
....use your intelligence and education to build your country and forget about what's happening in other countries...

yours truly
Mduduzi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2015
lezz:

Regards
Leslie

am not hear to learn anything as there is nothing to learn...am not hear to win an argument as there is no argument to win..
I still maintain what I told you that if you people were discussing domestic issues without making mockery (insults)of other countries,there would have been no foreigners bothering you on this forum..
....use your intelligence and education to build your country and forget about what's happening in other countries...

yours truly
Mduduzi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2015
MduZA:

yours truly
Mduduzi

Top post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.