Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,467 members, 7,874,860 topics. Date: Friday, 28 June 2024 at 06:25 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4473493 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

100 companies were rated, and Denel came last. There is no evidence that you would have scored higher if the pool was expanded. You came in at last place!

an example of your poor education.

"Denel’s inclusion among the world’s top 100 defence manufacturer...."

Every single Defence manufacturer in the wolrd was sampled

We came in with the TOP 100

It is extremely sad that you are unable to allow South Africa to bask in the honors that it deserves. You are a very petty human being.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

PAT WHAT ABOUT RWANDA AND S. SUDAN? CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THEIR ROLE ON THIS TOPIC?
It was Henry's attempt to prove that Nigeria is major exporter of MRAPS, because they exporting a few units to these incredibly powerful countries.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2015
jln115:

It was Henry's attempt to prove that Nigeria is major exporter of MRAPS, because they exporting a few units to these incredibly powerful countries.

So where is the proof that Nigeria exported weapons to Rwanda and S.Sudan? Nigeria itself is in mercy of weapons and how will they ever take such a bold step of selling weapons to the other counties when they desperately need them themselves.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

[s]Patrick,

100 defence companies were evaluated, and unfortunately for you soweto clowns, Denel scored in at last place. 100 out of 100.

There is no evidence that Denel would have scored higher if more companies were evaluated, none exists.

So enjoy your last place. Not like i was expecting Denel to score any higher than last place.

You tout yourself as a Defence manufacturer, we don't. You came last, congratulations[/s].

Henry

More than 100 companies were assesed

Hence the list is entitled "top 100"

Your pettyness is so pathetic, you are desperately trying to do everything to undermine our acheivement. Stumbling from argument to argument like a drunkard.

Let me point out your failed attempts so far.

1st: you tried to say that Denels profits were based mainly on MRAPs. We quickly shot you down.

2nd: you tried to say that this was long overdue since Denel is an old company. You quickly shut up when we pointed out DICON was older.

3rd: in a final act of desperation you are now alledging (with no evidence and despite the title of the list) that only 100 companies were assessed.

Here are the facts:

1. Of all the countries in the world, South Africa is a top 20 Arms exporter

2. Of all the Defense Companies in the world, Denel is amongst the 100 biggest.

Deal. With. It cool

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

You are a nagging woman!

How was i defeated, 85% of all South-African defence exports are MRAPs. FACT!

You came last in the Defence companies ranking, another FACT!

1. And if they are, so what?

2. Yes, last place of the 100 BIGGEST. Not last place of ALL. Big difference

I think the real question is: Where is DICON? Where is Proforce?

Fuggen nowhere grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2015
EVEN THOUGH WE ARE TOLD THAT NIGERIA BUILDS WAR SHIPS BUT THE FACT REMAINS, WE ARE STILL BUILDING SHIPS FOR THEM.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LET ME PRESENT TO YOU NAUTIC AFRICA, A SA COMPANY THAT BUILT SHIPS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40206:nautic-africa-launches-sentinel-vessels-for-nigeria&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

I like your sincerity. With just a couple more sincere South-Africans like you've now currently shown, perhaps Africa could still be a better place. The only problem i now have with you is your consistent nagging.

We can now call it a day on this topic (with you), so i can face patches689 or JLN115.

Answer his question.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2015
lionel4power:
Allegations of Bribery

Bhim SPH: A 155 mm self-propelled howitzer variant of the
Arjun has been prototyped by fitting the South African Denel
T6 turret, which comes with the G5 howitzer to the Arjun
chassis. This project has been delayed as Denel has become
embroiled in a corruption scandal in India,
and hence the
Indian Ministry of Defence has suspended the Bhim.

India cleared Denel of all allegations of corruption and de-blacklisted it, after their own 9 year long investigation.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/10923/India_Clears_Denel_Of_Corruption_Charges__De_Blacklists_Company#.VcxyvqO6LFo
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

So where is the prove that Nigeria exported weapons to Rwanda and S.Sudan? Nigeria itself is in mercy of weapons and how will they ever take such a bold step of selling weapons to the other counties when they desperately need them themselves.
They actually did sell a few units to S.Sudan and Rwanda, not surprising though, it is a cheap APC meant for poor countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
jln115:

They actually did sell a few units to S.Sudan and Rwanda, not surprising though, it is a cheap APC meant for poor countries.

Which one are those? Igirigi I guess. So can you please hook me up with a link so that I can scrutinize that info.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

Which one are those? Igirigi I guess. So can you please hook me up with a link so that I can scrutinize that info.
Will see what i can find bru cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:
EVEN THOUGH WE ARE TOLD THAT NIGERIA BUILDS WAR SHIPS BUT THE FACT REMAINS, WE ARE STILL BUILDING SHIPS FOR THEM.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LET ME PRESENT TO YOU NAUTIC AFRICA, A SA COMPANY THAT BUILT SHIPS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY.
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40206:nautic-africa-launches-sentinel-vessels-for-nigeria&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
"built" is different from "still building".Nigeria builds any ship ranging from 35 meters below; we manufacture OPV,IPV,fast patrol crafts,gun-boats and cargo vessels for civilian use.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
"built" is different from "still building".Nigeria builds any ship ranging from 35 meters below; we manufacture OPV,IPV,fast patrol crafts,gun-boats and cargo vessels for civilian use.

So, SA built ships for Nigerian Navy. Fact!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:

That's inaccurate, we build all classes of ships.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ukemeramat(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
NA COIN PIX

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

Wow all classes, so Nigeria is building Destroyers, Frigates and LUH's these days.

That's wonderful news Henry hope you will export those ships to Ethiopia

gringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Wow all classes, so Nigeria is building Destroyers, Frigates and LUH's these days.

gringringringringringrin

I'll deal with you and every other butt-hurting, MRAP dreaming South-African soon.

Be patient!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
ukemeramat:
NA COIN PIX
Those rifles with "tacti-cool" accessories have arrived.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Obostone: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

So, SA built ships for Nigerian Navy. Fact!!!
Post proof of your claim.
so my comment entered through your eyes and flew out your ears?; Nigeria builds all its patrol vessels,tonnage carriers and cargo ships!!.We have all the technology needed.
SA has never built any vessel of notable significance for the NN,your dockyard can barely build fishing boats.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

Indeed....including frigates,destroyers,fast missile crafts,helicopter carriers/landing docks,amphibious assualt vessels, and even aircraft carriers!!.
kudos to nigerdockyard and dorman ships nig.!
NN forward ever!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Obostone:
Ghana
Indeed....Ghana has a marine corp,SAS brigades,special weapons strike force,commando battalions,mobile motorcycle battalions and a hundred truck loads of nuclear warheads safely tucked underneath a secret cave in accra.
kudos to Ghana,the most powerful military in Africa!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
ukemeramat:
NA COIN PIX

TRULY NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE NO DIFFERENT TO REBELS IN TERMS OF THE WAY THEY WEAR THEIR UNIFORM.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
Post proof of your claim.
so my comment entered through your eyes and flew out your ears?; Nigeria builds all its patrol vessels,tonnage carriers and cargo ships!!.We have all the technology needed.
SA has never built any vessel of notable significance for the NN,your dockyard can barely build fishing boats.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40227:nautic-africa-launches-bespoke-vessels-for-nigerian-owner&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Obostone:
Ghana
VERY CLEAN AND DISCIPLINED.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
patches689:

Henry

More than 100 companies were assesed

Hence the list is entitled "top 100"

Your pettyness is so pathetic, you are desperately trying to do everything to undermine our acheivement. Stumbling from argument to argument like a drunkard.

Let me point out your failed attempts so far.

1st: you tried to say that Denels profits were based mainly on MRAPs. We quickly shot you down.

2nd: you tried to say that this was long overdue since Denel is an old company. You quickly shut up when we pointed out DICON was older.

3rd: in a final act of desperation you are now alledging (with no evidence and despite the title of the list) that only 100 companies were assessed.

Here are the facts:

1. Of all the countries in the world, South Africa is a top 20 Arms exporter

2. Of all the Defense Companies in the world, Denel is amongst the 100 biggest.

Deal. With. It cool

Patrick,

There is no evidence whatsoever that all defence companies were rated. None, absolutely none exists.

It is however clear is, 100 Defence companies were rated. This is true, of the 100 rated, Denel came in at last place. 100 out of 100.

I said 85% of all South-African defence exports consists of MRAPs and more MRAPs.

Again, you like to claim that you have been fighting wars as an independent country since world war 1. It there fore means that since 1914, South-Africa has been in the business of manufacturing arms. That's over a hundred years.

What i find truly is your pettiness in celebrating coming in at last place for a country that has supposedly been manufacturing arms for over 100 years.

Exporting countries, you are above Australia, is this an achievement?

What arms outside the Bushmaster MRAP is Australia known for exporting.

I mean for crying out loud, stop celebrating mediocrity, stop been pathetic!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
jln115:

The Nigerian military industrial complex is still at the beginner level; surely if we begin to offer our military hardwares to the international market at outrageous prices,few countries will buy from us.
Taking a cue from China,we are exporting our products to low income countries at reasonable price tags and building our customer base.
soon,they will come for our drones and ships.
You must have noticed that many rich countries arent currently fighting any war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
patches689:

1. And if they are, so what?

2. Yes, last place of the 100 BIGGEST. Not last place of ALL. Big difference

I think the real question is: Where is DICON? Where is Proforce?

Fuggen nowhere grin grin grin grin

No need to get confrontational............... I'm just stating the facts!

You came in at last place, for a country that touts itself as a major exporter and in the business of arms making in the past 100 years, that's not actually stellar!

We don't claim to be a major arms exporter, you do, and you were rated last.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
DictatorZAR:

gringringringringringrin

Mumu,

Is an LUH a type of Ship in South-Africa?

We build vessels from the size of 120meters - 10 meters. We also build and deploy multiple local vessels each year.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40227:nautic-africa-launches-bespoke-vessels-for-nigerian-owner&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
Arent you afraid of God?,why are you telling outrageous lies in broad day light?
The article wrote that two sentinel class ships were built and upgraded by SA paramount naval subsidiary for a nigerian owner!!,where did it say that SA built ships for the nigerian navy?; you werent even afraid to hatch such a blatant fraudery in the full glare of public scrutiny!
The two ships belong to a civilian company based in nigeria,not the NN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:

TRULY NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE NO DIFFERENT TO REBELS IN TERMS OF THE WAY THEY WEAR THEIR UNIFORM.
those are SF and commando guys,they are meant to look sinister; its called psycological warfare tactics.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iamord(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
Indeed....Ghana has a marine corp,SAS brigades,special weapons strike force,commando battalions,mobile motorcycle battalions and a hundred truck loads of nuclear warheads safely tucked underneath a secret cave in accra.
kudos to Ghana,the most powerful military in Africa!
ah ah ah! i smell whining grin in your post

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.