Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,837 members, 7,876,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474288 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
iamord:
ah ah ah! i smell whining grin in your post
I'm not whining,i'm simply presenting Ghana's superpower military capabilities; infact,I have intel suggesting that Ghana is planning a dramatic invasion and annexation of the US!!!!
All hail the black stars of africa!
{now,wait a minute!....if you spell the word 'star' backwards,what word will you get?....oops!,you didnt hear that from me.}
The great black stars of africa!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iamord(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
I'm not whining,i'm simply presenting Ghana's superpower military capabilities; infact,I have intel suggesting that Ghana is planning a dramatic invasion and annexation of the US!!!!
All hail the black stars of africa!
{now,wait a minute!....if you spell the word 'star' backwards,what word will you get?....oops!,you didnt hear that from me.}
The great black stars of africa!

okay now.. come of it undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
iamord:

okay now.. come of it undecided
lol,its all harmless banter,my friend.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
Arent you afraid of God?,why are you telling outrageous lies in broad day light?
The article wrote that two sentinel class ships were built and upgraded by SA paramount naval subsidiary for a nigerian owner!!,where did it say that SA built ships for the nigerian navy?; you werent even afraid to hatch such a blatant fraudery in the full glare of public scrutiny!
The two ships belong to a civilian company based in nigeria,not the NN.
He's at it again . That foolish Zulu maggot is still posting lying sources thinking no one will take the pain to read.

Desperate debate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:
DENEL IS RANKED TOP 100 OF ALL DEFENCE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD IN TERMS OF REVENUES MADE FOR 2014 FINANCIAL YEAR.

http://mobi.iol.co.za/#!/article/denel-in-top-100-defence-manufacturers-1.1898293

The above list is faulty and incorrect.

Where is Norinco company of China? They develop, manufacture, and sell thousands of defense equipment all over the world on a yearly basis. Nigeria alone bought over $100 million worth of Norinco equipment in 2014.

Chinese defense companies are far ahead of South Africa, China is in the top 5 arms exporters rankings worldwide, yet some mumu is making a list that excludes China from top 100 arms producers.....LOL.....so easy to fool a South African by telling him he has three heads, one visible and two invisible cheesycheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
lezz:
He's at it again . That foolish Zulu maggot is still posting lying sources thinking no one will take the pain to read.
Desperate debate.
My brother,the level of lies,fraudery and corruption propagated by southies in this thread is beyond fanthomable proportion.
There is need for a nairaland EFCC to be established with immediate alacrity!.
#ArrestMzilalaziNow!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hehehehehe....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
• Nigerian army locally made spy balloon deployed in battlefields against Boko Haram- source, defenceweb

• Nigerian army now fields Canadian made Aeryon mini-drone in battle, man portable, day/night operable quadcopter drone. Source - Insiders/Arms transfer monitors.

Both surveillance devices make Nigerian army set another record of first in Africa.

Nigerian army now has the best battlefield surveillance capabilities in Africa....Ground radars, TV Cameras, Quad copter night drones, Spy Balloons !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
mzilakazi:
PEOPLE TELL ME WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU EVER FIND A MISSILE SO ANTIQUE OTHER THAN IN NIGERIA.

BWAHAHAHAJAJA…

OMG!!! LOOK AT THAT WORKSHOP. IT LOOKS MORE LIKE BACKYARD WORKSHOP. TRULY NAIJA IS STILL BACKWARD

Fool cheesycheesy

That's a workshop for construction and fabrication ! It's not a company's industrial complex factory production line that is commercially built to look fine.

You don't know what an experimentation workshop looks like? Does DICON production plant in Kaduna Nigeria look like that workshop? Mumu cheesycheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
EVarn:
My brother,the level of lies,fraudery and corruption propagated by southies in this thread is beyond fanthomable proportion.
There is need for a nairaland EFCC to be established with immediate alacrity!.
#ArrestMzilalaziNow!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hehehehehe....
grin grin grin that one has been playing truancy with his schooling with nairaland. That's what all southwest do. Box them to a corner in a debate and they look for lies to tell.

Dictator zoo posted a link she he purportedly claims has 33,000 murders a year in Nigeria. I read the link and found out it wasn't true.

When I shamed him, he went and brought a funnier link that still proved nothing.

Till this day he is yet to redeem that claim
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
ssaengine:

Unfortunately for you, the article is about Denel Pty (Ltd) making the top 100 list. Not the South African defence industry at large. Denel does not make the majority of its revenue from MRAP's, hence their purchase of BAE Land Systems this year to increase that capability.

You tried to be clever, and left with a bloody nose...."everyone makes and sells those these days anyway"....lol, such desperation. You've tried to shift the focus away from Denel, to our industry at large. Denel makes the majority of its money from selling high end defence products abroad, and about 40-45% selling to the SANDF and the South African Police Service.

Again, enjoy the ride in your imaginary MRAP. There was no need to try and sound clever on a Wednesday morning, no one forced you to comment. So enjoy your embarrassment.

DENEL's biggest profit source is not anything high end equipment. Most of DENEL profits come from tens of thousands of rifles and bullets, then MRAP.

Stop fooling yourself. How many countries on earth use high end South African weapons when your price is as expensive as those from Europe? Nations will rather buy from Aamerica, Europe, Russia since the price is same as DENEL products.

Again I say, stop fooling yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
Thiza:
@Lionel4power stop posting rubbish....is that a missile or christmas firecrakker....HERE IS THE REAL MISSILES DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED AND PRODUCED BY SOUTH AFRICA

It's a Nigerian made missile in development stage, a prototype.

A workshop prototype will never look fine like a commercial factory product made for sale by a company.

Should I show you photo of what South Africa's original prototypes of Rooivalk and Ratel IFV look like? You won't be proud of them cheesycheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/30-percent-of-terror-funds-sourced-from-outside-nigeria-investigation/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

For my archives, I will save this in my folder. We have all read it anyway, just that the South Africans were so shocked they pretended it was never posted.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick,

There is no evidence whatsoever that all defence companies were rated. None, absolutely none exists.

It is however clear is, 100 Defence companies were rated. This is true, of the 100 rated, Denel came in at last place. 100 out of 100.

I said 85% of all South-African defence exports consists of MRAPs and more MRAPs.

Again, you like to claim that you have been fighting wars as an independent country since world war 1. It there fore means that since 1914, South-Africa has been in the business of manufacturing arms. That's over a hundred years.

What i find truly is your pettiness in celebrating coming in at last place for a country that has supposedly been manufacturing arms for over 100 years.

Exporting countries, you are above Australia, is this an achievement?

What arms outside the Bushmaster MRAP is Australia known for exporting.

I mean for crying out loud, stop celebrating mediocrity, stop been pathetic!

1. "Top 100" means of ALL Defence comapnies or at least the TOP 100 of companies assesed- simple English tells you this

2. Denel is younger than DICON

3. Top 20 Arms exporter - fact.

Come now brah.

If mediocrity it being amonst the 100 Biggest Defence firms in the world. If mediocrity is being one of the top 20 exporters in the world.

What then is DICON? What is PROFORCE? What is Nigeria?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Henry120:

No need to get confrontational............... I'm just stating the facts!

You came in at last place, for a country that touts itself as a major exporter and in the business of arms making in the past 100 years, that's not actually stellar!

We don't claim to be a major arms exporter, you do, and you were rated last.

1. TOP 100. Meaning of all companies - Denel is amongst the top 100 biggest.

If you want to allege that only 100 companies were assesed you must prove it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

DENEL's biggest profit source is not anything high end equipment. Most of DENEL profits come from tens of thousands of rifles and bullets, then MRAP.

Stop fooling yourself. How many countries on earth use high end South African weapons when your price is as expensive as those from Europe? Nations will rather buy from Aamerica, Europe, Russia since the price is same as DENEL products.

Brazil, Morocco, Algeria, Malaysia, Iraq

Over 17 navies use the periscopes we build

Hear that? Its the sound of your argument crashing and burning!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 12:37am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

I'll give you just 1 chance to reply like a gentleman. If you start making things up out of desperation, and start pulling figures without sources i will stop. There are plenty other people for you to argue with here.

This is what you said....

"DENEL's biggest profit source is not anything high end equipment. Most of DENEL profits come from tens of thousands of rifles and bullets, then MRAP"

This link posted just yesterday on Defenceweb shows that Denel Land Systems, which makes rifles and MRAP's contributes 28% to total Denel revenue....

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-40248/

[b]"Denel Land Systems' (DLS) billing as a consolidated, project-based, systems designer and integrator of combat turrets, artillery and infantry systems, small arms and armoured vehicles is upheld by a recent maintenance, repair and overhaul contract for 1,900 police assault rifles and the sale of 1,000 SS-77 machine guns

These, along with other DLS work including the new infantry fighting vehicle for the SA Army, saw the Lyttelton, Centurion headquartered business division contribute 28% of Denel's revenue in the 2014/15 financial year. DLS has, according to the latest Denel annual report, for the 2014/15 financial year, completed maintenance, repair and overhaul of 1,500 SA Police Service R5 assault rifles with 400 still awaiting refurbishment in the year under review.

Other work DLS' 630 employees were involved in during the year under review included bringing industrialisation and production on phase two of the new infantry fighting vehicle - the Badger - ahead of schedule and a renewal of interest in the new generation Casspir (NG2000) particularly from African countries"[/b]

Okay. From your own list we have covered rifles and MRAP's which are manufactured at Denel Land System, and we sit at 28% revenue. What is left? Bullets. Okay...those are manufactured at Pretoria Metal Pressings (PMP), which is part of Denel. You're saying PMP contributes a minimum of 22% of revenue selling bullets (22 + 28 = 50)?

Think long and hard about your answer. While thinking. Keep in mind there is still Denel Dynamics, Denel Aviation, Denel Aerostructures who must still add their share to a total of 100% revenue. Read the Denel financial report and see who the highest contributor was.

Now please tell us...when you said most revenue comes from rifles, bullets then MRAP's were you just making that up? I don't understand...who does it benefit by you just making up your own figures and fact? It's quite sad really.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:39am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

A workshop prototype will never look fine like a commercial factory product made for sale by a company.

Should I show you photo of what South Africa's original prototypes of Rooivalk and Ratel IFV look like? You won't be proud of them cheesycheesy

The garage that used to service my VW back home in RSA looks more sophisticated than your "laboratory"

Anyway - Denel Labs

[crashing and burning intensifies]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 14, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Wow all classes, so Nigeria is building Destroyers, Frigates and LUH's these days.

That's wonderful news Henry hope you will export those ships to Ethiopia

gringringringringringrin
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah almost died laughing!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Henry120:

Those rifles with "tacti-cool" accessories have arrived.
How do you soldiers aim their MGL, when the one in the Photo doesn't even have iron sights?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

• Nigerian army locally made spy balloon deployed in battlefields against Boko Haram- source, defenceweb

• Nigerian army now fields Canadian made Aeryon mini-drone in battle, man portable, day/night operable quadcopter drone. Source - Insiders/Arms transfer monitors.

Both surveillance devices make Nigerian army set another record of first in Africa.

Nigerian army now has the best battlefield surveillance capabilities in Africa....Ground radars, TV Cameras, Quad copter night drones, Spy Balloons !
South Africa deployed UAVs in battlefield situations when you were still just a sperm mate!! And now you want to claim that Nigeria is first this and first that? You really make me laugh bro!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:52am On Aug 14, 2015
ukemeramat:
NA COIN PIX

Where did those HK23E's come from?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:37am On Aug 14, 2015
EVarn:
Arent you afraid of God?,why are you telling outrageous lies in broad day light?
The article wrote that two sentinel class ships were built and upgraded by SA paramount naval subsidiary for a nigerian owner!!,where did it say that SA built ships for the nigerian navy?; you werent even afraid to hatch such a blatant fraudery in the full glare of public scrutiny!
The two ships belong to a civilian company based in nigeria,not the NN.

Bwahahaha. Last year in 2014 Nautic Africa handed over two 17 meter sentinel fast boats to Nigerian Navy.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35020:nigerian-navy-receives-two-17-metre-nautic-africa-patrol-boats&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

Nautic Africa also has a contract to build Nigerian Navy seven 35 meter sentinel boats as confirmed by beegeagle.

https://beegeagle./2013/08/09/nigerian-navy-almost-certainly-the-lead-customer-in-nautic-africa-deals-for-seven-35-metre-sentinel-fast-multirole-patrol-vessels-each-with-two-deployable-8-5-metre-br850-tpd-guardian-interceptor/

Only a week ago Nautic Africa launched the first two OPV sentinel boats for Nigerian Navy in Cape Town.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40206:nautic-africa-launches-sentinel-vessels-for-nigeria&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

IT IS NOT A SHAME THAT WE ARE BUILDING SHIPS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by theDEVILisHERE: 3:41am On Aug 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:54am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

Bwahahaha… that is just a pillar disguised as a missile. Can't you see is even skew just in the middle. I mean even a prototype missile can never look that terrible.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:00am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

Fool cheesycheesy

That's a workshop for construction and fabrication ! It's not a company's industrial complex factory production line that is commercially built to look fine.

You don't know what an experimentation workshop looks like? Does DICON production plant in Kaduna Nigeria look like that workshop? Mumu cheesycheesy

Yep, it does not change the fact that it is no different to my backyard workshop. Even BH has a better bomb workshop than that. It is not even a missile, it is a pole disguised as a missile. You fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:04am On Aug 14, 2015
agaugust:

The above list is faulty and incorrect.

Where is Norinco company of China? They develop, manufacture, and sell thousands of defense equipment all over the world on a yearly basis. Nigeria alone bought over $100 million worth of Norinco equipment in 2014.

Chinese defense companies are far ahead of South Africa, China is in the top 5 arms exporters rankings worldwide, yet some mumu is making a list that excludes China from top 100 arms producers.....LOL.....so easy to fool a South African by telling him he has three heads, one visible and two invisible cheesycheesy

China might be exporting weapons as different companies and that affect the profit making capability of those companies individually. It is possible, in fact it is true that individually they performed way less than denel. Mumu.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:16am On Aug 14, 2015
EVarn:
those are SF and commando guys,they are meant to look sinister; its called psycological warfare tactics.

Bullish.t, just because you are a special force does not mean you should look so terrible and outrageous like a rebel. That's indiscipline of the highest order and a total disregard of the uniform and pride of one's nation. Wow. Those people look more like rebels than special forces. So, poor and unkept, terrible is the word. I hate it when special forces go around hanging feeding belt as if it does not have a special case to put it in. Man that's rebels who do that,

Ladies and gents, SA recces.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ukemeramat(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2015
mzilakazi:

TRULY NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE NO DIFFERENT TO REBELS IN TERMS OF THE WAY THEY WEAR THEIR UNIFORM.

YOU ARE FUNNY THOUGH... i wont argue with u because i don't engage in such arguments smiley wink wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 14, 2015
jln115:

How do you soldiers aim their MGL, when the one in the Photo doesn't even have iron sights?

It is the one in that one photo. Nigerian Army MGLs mostly come with Holographic sights.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2015
patches689:

1. TOP 100. Meaning of all companies - Denel is amongst the top 100 biggest.

If you want to allege that only 100 companies were assesed you must prove it

There is no evidence that more than 100 companies were assessed. none exists!

What we know is, 100 Defence companies were rated, and unfortunately you came in at last place.

It is ridiculous that you try to justify your been in last place......... Sad really.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Henry120:

It is the one in that one photo. Nigerian Army MGLs mostly come with Holographic sights.
Shouldn't all your MGLs have sights?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Henry120:

There is no evidence that more than 100 companies were assessed. none exists!

What we know is, 100 Defence companies were rated, and unfortunately you came in at last place.

It is ridiculous that you try to justify your been in last place......... Sad really.
Guessing if a company places 500th in the Fortune 500 then they are thus automatically the smallest and sh1ttiest company in the world according to your logic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.