Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474360 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 15, 2015
agaugust:

There is no place where DENEL publishes what you say I should google, why don't you post the data yourself to back your wild claims?

Rifles and MRAP is what I said, one single MRAP costs more than twenty Ingwe missiles, yes MRAP sales is DENELs biggest profit maker.
What? Are you fvcking retaaarded? All companies have to make there Financial statement public, go check there website!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 15, 2015
mzilakazi:

Bwahahaha… I actually can't believe you because jln up to so far has yet to hook me up with a link that I requested.
Jap couldn't find any links mate, and trust me I tried. Anyway I went on the photos ive seen, the uniforms looks like the one worn by Rwandan police although I cant confirm it 100%, But lets be honest I don't think the Rwandans are capable of building something this ugly, only one country is capable of that:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:53am On Aug 15, 2015
Henry120:

[s]Beegs is a colossus, a Defence and Security Titan in Africa.

His audience includes those in the Higher echelon of Defence and Security in Africa, African military contractors and trainers and all Foreign News outlets/ Analysts& contributors based in or contributing on African affairs.

He runs what is un-argubly Africa's Largest Defence and Security blog
[/s].

Holy fvck

YOu guys are delusional

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Henry120:

Defenceweb would give anything to get the sort of audience beeg gets. If beeg goes offline, the whole of Africa feels his absence. This is the sort of presence he commands!

Are you fvcking kidding me?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:55am On Aug 15, 2015
Henry120:

100 Defence companies were rated, and you came in at last place. This is the only evidence available.

Why then did they call it the "Top" 100?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:07am On Aug 15, 2015
agaugust:

Two brand new stealth OPVs make Nigerian navy the best patrol force in Africa, makes project biro look like a scam made in South Africa cheesy

Nigerian navy owns 3 torpedo armed anti-submarine maritime helicopters in storage. South African navy has ZERO, that's why your Lynx hardly ever appear on the Valour frigates, the helicopters belong to the air force and are all land based.

We are both in similar state of repair and refit with ships, your frigates are just coming out of refit, our Aradu is starting refit too. BTWN, our NNS Aradu is fully armed with anti-submarine torpedoes, BVR missiles, and longer range heavy guns.....Aradu firepower will sink all your four frigates in 10 minutes....wait till we complete refit, it's been announced we are doing it locally in Nigerian shipyards that have been upgraded to build modern stealth ships.

Last time I checked, the whole South African navy has ZERO anti-submarine warfare capability....it's only fools like 50 million Southie goons that will spend $1.2 billion on 4 frigates and forgot to buy torpedoes for their billion dollar warships....foools cheesycheesy

Dude, my facts remain:

As apposed to your ZERO frigates with ZERO sbmarine warfare capabilities

And your ZERO frigates withe ZERO conventional warfare abilities

As apposed to your ZERO submarines

As apposed to your ZERO operational maritime helicopters

Now, to answer your questions/statements

1. Biro is getting minimum of 3 OPV's

2. Storage = Not operational. Our Lynx operate alongside the Valour class constantly

3. NO, Aradu is not in refit it is rotting at the peir - where it has been for the last 7 years.

4. Valour Class torpedoes were not purchased as a cost saving initiative, since we are the only country in Sub-Saharan Africa that operates submarines, who do we have to fear?

Stop talking about navies when all you have is that cheap rust coast guard of ancient vessels - some as old as independent Nigeria - pirates dont fear it, they sail towards it grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2015
jln115:

Jap couldn't find any links mate, and trust me I tried. Anyway I went on the photos ive seen, the uniforms looks like the one worn by Rwandan police although I cant confirm it 100%, But lets be honest I don't think the Rwandans are capable of building something this ugly, only one country is capable of that:

Nope, those I think are Nigerian police dude. Remember that every contingent deploy with own vehicles.
Jln 115 have you even seen how Nigeria produces those vehicle? They use the old fashioned way of how the first MRAPS of SA we produced. The procedure is very slow to can even think of producing on large scale.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:31am On Aug 15, 2015
agaugust:

Two brand new stealth OPVs make Nigerian navy the best patrol force in Africa, makes project biro look like a scam made in South Africa cheesy

Nigerian navy owns 3 torpedo armed anti-submarine maritime helicopters in storage. South African navy has ZERO, that's why your Lynx hardly ever appear on the Valour frigates, the helicopters belong to the air force and are all land based.

We are both in similar state of repair and refit with ships, your frigates are just coming out of refit, our Aradu is starting refit too. BTWN, our NNS Aradu is fully armed with anti-submarine torpedoes, BVR missiles, and longer range heavy guns.....Aradu firepower will sink all your four frigates in 10 minutes....wait till we complete refit, it's been announced we are doing it locally in Nigerian shipyards that have been upgraded to build modern stealth ships.

Last time I checked, the whole South African navy has ZERO anti-submarine warfare capability....it's only fools like 50 million Southie goons that will spend $1.2 billion on 4 frigates and forgot to buy torpedoes for their billion dollar warships....foools cheesycheesy

Why can't you leave old grandfather Arandu to rest in peace. The late grandfather Arandu was even reported sick when he left the shores of United Kingdom. He has done his job and completed his journey. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:13am On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerian military is fast overtaking SADF a lot is going on within Nigerian military just that we don't make noise like u South African. Nigeria can buy all your Frigate and subs in 1 year with no difficulty. I will appreciate if u guys stop boasting about does cheap things in your Navy. We all know that Egypt has the best military in Africa. And SA and Nigeria are almost equal in strength currently. U guys should also know that is not everything we have that you know about.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2015
patches689:

Holy fvck

YOu guys are delusional
Fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Nigerian military is fast overtaking SADF a lot is going on within Nigerian military just that we don't make noise like u South African. Nigeria can buy all your Frigate and subs in 1 year with no difficulty. I will appreciate if u guys stop boasting about does cheap things in your Navy. We all know that Egypt has the best military in Africa. And SA and Nigeria are almost equal in strength currently. U guys should also know that is not everything we have that you know about.

hahahahahahahahaa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2015
Your $1.2 billion Frigate is not even up to tax paid by 1 oil company it's not yet our priority cos we don't c u guys as a treat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2015
For the past few years wit no sponsor from government just see what has been going on. What will happen now that government is willing to sponsor locally produced weapons.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Your $1.2 billion Frigate is not even up to tax paid by 1 oil company it's not yet our priority cos we don't c u guys as a treat.

Another fool has just bought a cheap phone and MTN data know he's trolling around with no clue drunk on cheap Palm wine

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nope, those I think are Nigerian police dude. Remember that every contingent deploy with own vehicles.
Jln 115 have you even seen how Nigeria produces those vehicle? They use the old fashioned way of how the first MRAPS of SA we produced. The procedure is very slow to can even think of producing on large scale.
hahahahah could be mate! As I said I couldn't find any links, I went on the photos, which if im honest isn't the smartest thing to do when making a conclusion on something.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
For the past few years wit no sponsor from government just see what has been going on. What will happen now that government is willing to sponsor locally produced weapons.

This is SA made and in use in 3 navies worldwide.
Please come back when you produce this

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Get d message right Zulu I never said we are using them or exporting I said we are about to take over. As focus is shifting to military equipment. U have very little to boast of as both military are still not up to standard.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Navy with no air arm
Navy with no BVR
Naval Frigate with little capability
Navy with no OPVs etc. U guys are dull to think you are the best. U must not even compare yourself with Algeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Get d message right Zulu I never said we are using them or exporting I said we are about to take over. As focus is shifting to military equipment. U have very little to boast of as both military are still not up to standard.

Who the f@uck gave you the idea I'm zulu.

I see you no different from the rest of your nairaland clan who resort to tribalism whenever they can't bring constructive points across.

Up to who's standard yours, Nato or the rest of the world. If you want to have a debate show us what's your standard when it comes to hardware and please be truthful and stop your tribal/racial slurs because anyone can play that game.

SHOW US WHERE YOUR STANDARDS ARE AND WHERE SA IS NOT UP TO NIGERIAN STANDARDS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Navy with no air arm
Navy with no BVR
Navy with no OPVs etc. U guys are dull to think you are the best. U must not even compare yourself with Algeria.

That's all that you don't have yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Navy with no air arm
Navy with no BVR
1. Why do we need an Air arm when we have 22 squadron fulfilling the same role?
2. We never intended to fit our Valours with BVR missiles, as it was seen as to offensive, but that said if the need arises will just fit the marlin missile. FYI the NN also has 0 BVR capability!
3. Guessing the Charles De Gaulle class, La Fayette class and F1000 Air-Defence class, also have little capability as they use the same combat suit as our Valours.
4. Our Warrior class fulfil our OPV role, P.S we are receiving 3 OPVs((90m+) and 3 IPVs(60m) in the coming 2-3 years.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Navy with no air arm
Navy with no BVR

Are you being serious?

Ok, lets break it down

- Navy with no air arm

4 Lynx helicopters, operational and being used on the frigates constantly

Unlike Nigeria - who have no operational maritime helo's

So, That applies to you and not us

- Navy with no BVR

Valour Class can be fitted as needed. Uhmkonto-E has a range of 60km.

Your navy has no operational "BVR" capable vessels

So, that applies to you and not us

- Naval frigate with littel capacity

Are you being serious?

I dont even know how to respond to this.

I guess, I will start by pointing out that you have no operational frigates

- Navy with no OPVs

Well, we have the Warrior Class - which is an OPV.

We also have 4 frigates, 3 subs and a plethora of other vessels that fulfill that function.

We never said we were the best, what we said was that we are better than you.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
jln115:

1. Why do we need an Air arm when we have 22 squadron fulfilling the same role?
2. We never intended to fit our Valours with BVR missiles, as it was seen as to offensive, but that said if the need arises will just fit the marlin missile. FYI the NN also has 0 BVR capability!
3. Guessing the Charles De Gaulle class, La Fayette class and F1000 Air-Defence class, also have little capability as they use the same combat suit as our Valours.
4. Our Warrior class fulfil our OPV role, P.S we are receiving 3 OPVs((90m+) and 3 IPVs(60m) in the coming 2-3 years.
Exactly what I meant. Both militaries have their flaws. If we are sincere with each other we both know know that South Africa can not suddenly wake up to attack Nigeria And Nigeria can't attack South Africa either.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
patches689:

Are you being serious?

Ok, lets break it down

- Navy with no air arm

4 Lynx helicopters, operational and being used on the frigates constantly

Unlike Nigeria - who have no operational maritime helo's

So, That applies to you and not us

- Navy with no BVR

Valour Class can be fitted as needed. Uhmkonto-E has a range of 60km.

Your navy has no operational "BVR" capable vessels

- Naval frigate with littel capacity

Are you being serious?

I dont even know how to respond to this.

I guess, I will start by pointing out that you have no operational frigates

- Navy with no OPVs

Well, we have the Warrior Class - which is an OPV.

We also have 4 frigates, 3 subs and a plethora of other vessels that fulfill that function.

We never said we were the best, what we said was that we are better than you.
Let me help u too bro
In what way has your subs helped u since You bought them. What has your Frigate done either
Nigeria know what it need and current feel no threat from any 1 and was only buying what we need.
ARADU has BVR capability
the Nigerian army is already training is first set of helicopter pilot.
The Nigerian Navy have almost 10 helicopter still expecting their anti submarine helicopter with 3 lynxs in service. And other UAVs.
You are not better brother.
I told you earlier money to buy 5 Frigate and 5 subs is no problem to Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shape of what is and what is to come. How do you c dem?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
ARADU has BVR capability with over 80km range. That means it can finish all your Frigate that can't even detect a sub close by.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
ARADU has BVR capability with over 80km range. That means it can finish all your Frigate that can't even detect a sub close by.

Aradu is non operational

Been sitting quay side for over 7 years.

Valour class has exocet missiles, and we have 4 valour class.

Valour Class has ASW capabilities dipsh1t
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:

Let me help u too bro
In what way has your subs helped u since You bought them. What has your Frigate done either
Nigeria know what it need and current feel no threat from any 1 and was only buying what we need.
ARADU has BVR capability
the Nigerian army is already training is first set of helicopter pilot.
The Nigerian Navy have almost 10 helicopter still expecting their anti submarine helicopter with 3 lynxs in service. And other UAVs.
You are not better brother.
I told you earlier money to buy 5 Frigate and 5 subs is no problem to Nigeria

1. Subs? Plan for the wars in the future, not what you need today

2. Aradu is non operational. Valour Class has Exocet missiles.

3. So what? SAAF helo pilots are well intergrated into the Navy/Army

4. Nigerian navy has no operational helicopters.

We are better in every single way.

Why dont you buy them then? You rely on donations of 50 year old vessels from the US and China. You couldent even afford to buy your OPV's with standard equipment - you could only afford the stripped down version.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
iblawi:
Shape of what is and what is to come. How do you c dem?

Actual operational helicopters

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Brother let me make my point clear cos u guys only think from ur own perspective.
Nigeria military was neglected for almost 20 years and is still contest with your SADF. You don't know Nigeria well enough and I though if u guys will stand a chance in a proper war with the way u are thinking.
U keep talking of equipping your valour with BVR u didn't plan for war wen u were purchasing it right? Who say our OPVs, thunder and okpabama cannot be refitted wit BVR or u forget dey are large enough to b a Frigate. Or are dey non operational too and mind u ARADU is still operational currently undergoing maintainanace.
U said we look for aid from US for 60year old ship but we didn't get them for proper military operation and that was why some features were stripped off. It was refitted for patrol, Dat doesn't mean it can not be fitted wit BVR as u claim u will do wit ur valour. We get equipment for purpose and not like SA Dat want to show off.
Watch out for some of our deliveries dis year and early next year u will be shocked. I said some cos u can't know everything about our military not even many Nigerian know cos we don't make noise. We know our stand.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
I my own view Egypt still remains the best and will b for sometime. Algeria, Nigeria and South Africa with no much difference, but I will give the second place to Algeria, but South Africa and Nigeria will remain in third place as non has no clear superiority over the other in a proper warfare. Ethiopia will only meet fifth because of it land forces. They have no Navy and have airforce that can't even airlift their own land force in proper Warfare.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
Marlin unguided flight tests to start late this year or earlier next year. Project funded by Denel and the South African Air Force. To give the SAAF a BVR capability of 100km. The relative quick speed of this project is due to certain sub-components coming off other missile projects such as Umkhonto and A-Darter.

Again cements South Africa's stance of prefering to develop projects which they deemed strategic in-house (or with a single trusted partner), rather than having to rely on foreign sources.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.