Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,165 members, 7,919,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 01:15 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4501052 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:12am On Feb 02, 2013
the supper old strike craft

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:15am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:23am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2013
agaugust: hey south african guys, everytime you write about all that your country has in terms of technology, always remember to say thank you sir, to your boer white-man masters who build every good thing in your country, and they are stll the brains behind every good thing in south african today as far as technology is concerned. for me, i dont know if i can boast of what someone else built during the time i hated that same person, then i now boast...i have this, i have that ! you get my point ?

sometimes when you want to measure your level, try compare your blacks with other blacks in africa, like ghana, afterall your white-masters set you free since about 20 years ago, be grateful to the boer and dont kill him. grin grin grin

Such a low standard is really unbelievable, especially from a man who left his mother land and adopted a new country (white) thousand of miles away with a sole purpose of making a living because somewhere, somehow a black man who ruled his maternal land (Nigeria) ever since 1960's failed to make him stay. As a result had poverty written all over his face and rushed on back to his former colonisers to go beg for a job. I have said previously that colonisation had affected us all and does not even make Nigerians better than black South Africans. When British first set their foot in Nigeria, your great grand parents were living in mud houses wearing animal skins as clothing. The colonisers introduced them to brick houses and fabrics and made their lives a lot more easier than before. Those apadas (Nigerian traditional wear) you wear and call your own have white man written all over them, for I know Africans never discovered fabrics. The British started with developments in Nigeria, like it or not they are pioneers of modern life in Nigeria even though they exploited your natural resources. I think you should as well thank them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2013
agaugust: andrewza i will answer you after i post two new comments for snydergp and msauza to read so that they will not over rate south african military again. every country has old weapons, nigeria has, and south africa has old weapons too, very very many. lol grin

andrewza dont make excuses for the next two posts below, stay out of this, until after snydergp and msauza make one silly excuse for old south african weapons, since they know how to insult nigerian weapons, let me hear them talk like 3 year old children here today and prove to us how they will use those museum piece weapons to defeat nigeria, the giant of africa. lol. grin

I like the way you wrote that giant with a lower case. Deep down you had a conscience of whether what you was describing Nigeria of was right or wrong and if that status still stand or phased out. Listen I don't doubt to tell you that SA is the ECONOMIC GIANT of Africa and its a fact not self-proclaimed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:36am On Feb 02, 2013
@ Agaugust

Do you agree that ARMSCOR and DENEL are by far bigger than any NIGERIAN ARMS MANUFACTURERS?

Do you believe that South Africa produced more weapons than Nigeria had?

Do you believe that our Military has more advanced weapons and uses better technology and hardware than Nigerian military?

Do you believe that our military budget has been tripling your military budget for many years?

I think that will be for you generals to answer.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
agaugust:

the whole world knows south africa paid millions or billions of dollars to israel for direct transfer of nuclear power to south africa. no country has ever built nuclear power on its own without the help of USA or RUSSIA, all other countries paid money to buy it and get it transferred from the first two super nuclear powers of the world, that is what britain, france, china, and israel did. india, pakistan, and iran also paid billions of dollars to russia or china to get nuclear weapons transffered technology.
this is open news the whole world knows.

be honest south africans, your scientists did NOT develop nuclear power at home, you paid money to the government of isreal that was desperate for cash to transfer nuclear power to south african soil and teach you how to manage it. the whole world knows that, and it was the reason OAU of africa now AU, was always against israel even after the egypt israeli war ended long ago. dont try to take glory that does not belong to you okay?

south africa is an over-rated balloon, good country, but grossly over-rated with a false air of 'invincibility'. go sit down.

Your lack of knowledge has clouded your thinking. SA during apartheid had both Nuclear scientists and chemical warfare expects. They assembled the nuclear weapons down here in SA and not in Israel. We were under arms embargo and cannot understand what does it have to do with US and RUSSIA.

This shows the capability that SA does not rely or depend on other couuntries. Under sanctions SA managed to feed its own people for many years and food then was even more cheaper than it is today because it was plenty and there were no exports. Without oil imports we managed to convert coal into oil which is still the practice we are committed to. Without weapons we developed our own.
Can Nigeria ever survive such harsh conditions, where even today their citizens are all over the world searching for better life, conning people by 419 or asking for food in foreign nation. Ask Agaugust maybe is part of 419 scam. He will confirm that to you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Neuen: List of modern armoured fighting vehicles

South Africa

AFVs produced in South Africa

Tanks
Olifant (complete indigenous overhaul of Centurion)

Armoured fighting vehicles
Eland
Marauder
Matador
Maverick
Mbombe
Rooikat AFV

Infantry fighting vehicles
Ratel IFV (to be replaced by Hoefyster)

Armoured personnel carriers
Buffel
Casspir
Hippo MkI
Hippo MkII
RG-12
Mamba APC
Puma (South African, new construction similar to Mamba [1])
RG-31 Nyala
RG-32
Okapi MPV
[edit]
Self-propelled guns
G6 howitzer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_armoured_fighting_vehicles

Even the US used some of those armoured vehicles for years. South Africa is great bra!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza:

Your lack of knowledge has clouded your thinking. SA during apartheid had both Nuclear scientists and chemical warfare expects. They assembled the nuclear weapons down here in SA and not in Israel. We were under arms embargo and cannot understand what does it have to do with US and RUSSIA.

This shows the capability that SA does not rely or depend on other couuntries. Under sanctions SA managed to feed its own people for many years and food then was even more cheaper than it is today because it was plenty and there were no exports. Without oil imports we managed to convert coal into oil which is still the practice we are committed to. Without weapons we developed our own.
Can Nigeria ever survive such harsh conditions, where even today their citizens are all over the world searching for better life, conning people by 419 or asking for food in foreign nation. Ask Agaugust maybe is part of 419 scam. He will confirm that to you.
you praise your techies like they were built by you blacks, your dimwitted people(blacks) are xenophobic, murderers and molesters.. we black Nigerians will be forever superior to your blacks anyday... yes it's true, we have bad eggs amongst us and so far, 419 is only thing you can point out, but come down here to the west and see how many business savvy Nigerians are prospering.. the future is bright brov... Irrespective of the nigerians into drugs down there, I learnt many hold professional jobs and good businesses as well, don't expect a country with a population of over 160millie to have only good peeps.... yours is 5#millie, the homicide and child molestation rate is alarming..deal with your problems man!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
you praise your techies like they were built by you blacks, your dimwitted people(blacks) are xenophobic, murderers and molesters.. we black Nigerians will be forever superior to your blacks anyday... yes it's true, we have bad eggs amongst us and so far, 419 is only thing you can point out, but come down here to the west and see how many business savvy Nigerians are prospering.. the future is bright brov...

firstly there many smart and suscfull blanksin South Africa just look at MTN. And whites in SA are south africans
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
andrewza:

firstly there many smart and suscfull blanksin South Africa just look at MTN. And whites in SA are south africans
I'm not saying you don't have any, but labeling Nigerians as 419 is the dumbest thing to say..that's the point.. speaking of mtn, tell me there was no white involvement during it's inception and I'd keep quiet...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
you praise your techies like they were built by you blacks, your dimwitted people(blacks) are xenophobic, murderers and molesters.. we black Nigerians will be forever superior to your blacks anyday... yes it's true, we have bad eggs amongst us and so far, 419 is only thing you can point out, but come down here to the west and see how many business savvy Nigerians are prospering.. the future is bright brov... Irrespective of the nigerians into drugs down there, I learnt many hold professional jobs and good businesses as well, don't expect a country with a population of over 160millie to have only good peeps.... yours is 5#millie, the homicide and child molestation rate is alarming..deal with your problems man!

You are Superior, but how many heros who are international icons did you produce. I have many videos of Nigerians who were killing one another savagely in the name of Allah. At school you studied about our black heroes and your children continue to do so. Our children never leant anything about any of your heroes at school even us unless we conducted our own independent research.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
I'm not saying you don't have any, but labeling Nigerians as 419 is the dumbest thing to say..that's the point.. speaking of mtn, tell me there was no white involvement during it's inception and I'd keep quiet...

MTN growth is very new and is under a BEE MTN
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
A typical Nigerian when get beaten on debate will start to do everything humanely possible to shift the tread to whites did this and that for you. Meanwhile, they seem to forget that those whites are proudly South African and will shed every drop of their blood to protect and fight for South Africa. You must ask your brothers here in SA who now and then get the warm klap (beating) from those Boers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
andrewza: for intrist sake here is a centueion MBT of the 1950s and a olphant mk1b

south african army's refurbished centurion tank is old engine that welders re-plated and painters re-painted...."new wine in old bottle",
dont be offended andrewza , that is the same way south africans on this forum have been rubbishing nigerian weapons that we refurbished in europe and USA including our navy's ship NNS THUNDER we bought from USA coast guard forces, your people called our ship 'an old cutter', so all your 30 years to 50 years old refurbished and repainted south african military armoured tanks and warships are 'old museum cargo'. try and taste the same bitter medicine you put in other peoples mouth, especially south africans like msauza and snydergp the two 'clowns'.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
agaugust:

south african army's refurbished centurion tank is old engine that welders re-plated and painters re-painted...."new wine in old bottle",
dont be offended andrewza , that is the same way south africans on this forum have been rubbishing nigerian weapons that we refurbished in europe and USA including our navy's ship NNS THUNDER we bought from USA coast guard forces, your people called our ship 'an old cutter', so all your 30 years to 50 years old refurbished and repainted south african military armoured tanks and warships are 'old museum cargo'. try and taste the same bitter medicine you put in other peoples mouth, especially south africans like msauza and snydergp the two 'clowns'.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
souldust: we have culturally colonized someone in here, he even uses an Igbo word tufiakwa! (God forbid!). Zulu words are unknown here in nigeria.

Your comment is so stupid, it shows how exposed am I coz there are so many Nigerians in SA doing prostitution and drugs. Many of the Nigerian ladies are prostitutes here and ask for R30 a round and their husbands are working in my garden for R50 a day. How will you know Zulu coz you hardly see Zulus in Nigeria? Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
agaugust:

you dont under stand it is not refurbished. It is base on the centurion chasie but that is about it.

this is the Israel Merkava mkIV MBT all so based on the centurion chasie

[img]http://3.bp..com/-x1d7PrX_Zmw/TVY9lDMHzaI/AAAAAAAAAEw/gHRq92_II3c/s1600/Merkava_mk_iv084.jpg[/img]

the difference between the olphant and lets say our NNS thunder is that they new but based on a old but test design. Where NNS thunder is a old ship that is modernized.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza:

You are Superior, but how many heros who are international icons did you produce. I have many videos of Nigerians who were killing one another savagely in the name of Allah. At school you studied about our black heroes and your children continue to do so. Our children never leant anything about any of your heroes at school even us unless we conducted our own independent research.
wow! do you think BH boys are really Nigerians? research on it.. you know nothing man.. your children neva learnt anything cuz their brain capacity is low.. this is why nigerian high school students always top international competitions.. go figure! the only hero recognized from your country is Mandela, after him, the rest of you are cowards, that's why you worship him like god... "white man thingz" ..lol...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nigeria-South African investment= Raining forest
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
wow! do you think BH boys are really Nigerians? research on it.. you know nothing man.. your children neva learnt anything cuz their brain capacity is low.. this is why nigerian high school students always top international competitions.. go figure! the only hero recognized from your country is Mandela, after him, the rest of you are cowards, that's why you worship him like god... "white man thingz" ..lol...

Nelson Mandela, Walter Sisulu, oliver Tambo, Chris Hani, Desmond Tutu and in music Miriam Makeba, Lucky Dube, Brenda Fassie, Yvone Chaka Chaka, etc surely you know them all.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza:

Nelson Mandela, Walter Sisulu, oliver Tambo, Chris Hani, Desmond Tutu and in music Miriam Makeba, Lucky Dube, Brenda Fassie, Yvone Chaka Chaka, etc surely you know them all.
sorry to disappoint you mhhen, Mandela is overrated that's why he's the only guy I know.. don't know about others, you can't ask other Nigerians abt them undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza: Nigeria-South African investment= Raining forest
lol.. mtn?, well, we've got glo, visafone(Nigerian owned).. we can nationalize the shit anytime... what else? don't mention shoprite man, and those rubbish.. we've got ours.....it's obvious you've not been to NG.. man, I've been to yours, stop bragging!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
and you mssauza mentioned the bible being brought to us. To you, thats a development! Hmmmmm. But to be honest, christianity is just another faith. Whats wrong with the worship of the Ifa deity? Now i can see how much apartheid dealth with you. Sorry my brother.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza:

we were under sever sanction during the time of Abacha. We stood strongly against the west and we survived.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
souldust: and you mssauza mentioned the bible being brought to us. To you, thats a development! Hmmmmm. But to be honest, christianity is just another faith. Whats wrong with the worship of the Ifa deity? Now i can see how much apartheid dealth with you. Sorry my brother.
I have south African friends, exposed ones, but this mzauza guy obviously had a bad orientation.... that scipher dude said it all...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
you talked about us not knowing a better architecture than mud houses. Well when we say you are ignorant you think we are just insulting you, but no! It is becos it is the truth.

Why dont you research the Gobarau minaret in katsina. It was built in the 1400s and it is a multi storey building. And no, it is not mud house.

Before you say it is islamic influence, why dont you take a look at the Benin kingdom. Benin city was a fortified city surrounded with a huge wall 4000sq km. Their walls were adorned with the materpeice bronze carvings. The guiness book says it is the second most astonishing wall to be ever built by man after the great wall of china.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
sorry to disappoint you mhhen, Mandela is overrated that's why he's the only guy I know.. don't know about others, you can't ask other Nigerians abt them undecided

The man stoped a war and spared his enemys life because he knew he needed them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
souldust: we were under sever sanction during the time of Abacha. We stood strongly against the west and we survived.

That was nothing compared to what South Africa went through. Your sanction was partial and did not take long.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sani_Abacha
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
andrewza:

The man stoped a war and spared his enemys life because he knew he needed them.
who cares? except you SAs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza:

Your comment is so stupid, it shows how exposed am I coz there are so many Nigerians in SA doing prostitution and drugs. Many of the Nigerian ladies are prostitutes here and ask for R30 a round and their husbands are working in my garden for R50 a day. How will you know Zulu coz you hardly see Zulus in Nigeria? Tufiakwa!!!
they'll always call other africans Nigerians... besides, there are more Nigerian men in SA.. you just wanna score points. dude, it's actually the other way round. and silly, do you know what exposure means? undecided we've got your zulu peeps here mheen.. come and see for yourself
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
Msauza: Nigeria-South African investment= Raining forest
msauza, seriously? post this on the front page if you've got balls, yoi won't know what hit you by the time nl folks rain hell on you

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.