Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 08:29 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4546362 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

show us a source that says nigeria does NOT have any Otomat missiles. simple.
itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-6540/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
solomon111: Fellow Nigerians,there is a report of an "illegal" french incursion into Nigerian territorial waters.
I would like us to debate about the security implications e.t.c.
It is true, I have been trying to reach a friend at NNS Pathfinder here in Rumuorlumeni but yet to get a feedback. The implications are massive, we need to know the real mission of that frigate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria is richer by far, than Yugolsavia/Serbia a poor and backward European nation that is has anti-aircraft missiles of 1960 generation while nigeria has anti-aircraft missiles of 1980 generation. Serbian air defence is actually 20 years far behind that of nigeria. you just post comments from your pooh pooh hole without any research or brainwork and NO SOURCES AT ALL.....fool grin

show me source that says Serbia test fires missiles regularly before 1997 when war began to emerge. show me source...fool grin

your boyfriend and lover @andrewza is the one mis-leading you that missiles stored for 30 years cannot work, i challenged him to post a source to prove that claim and he could not for the past 3 weeks, so you like to follow him into the mud pit because he is your boyfriend and you believe everything he says grin

@andrewza is the same fool that was posting for many days on this forum that south africa has a satellite in 2013 despite all the sources we nigerian posted to prove him wrong, until @msauza and @fighter pilot later confessed the truth and proved him wrong and fraudulent....thats the man you believe everything he says ? you are two joint fools grin

i have proved on this forum with the weblink war history source of Bosnia war Serbian SAM-3 Smissile victory over mighty american ultra-modern jet fighters that missiles can work after over 30 years in storage....and i have more proofs i will not waste my time to post for some soweto dumb g.oats grin

stop posting comments if you have no source to prove your claims, let this forum be a little bit reliable and not mis-informing to people.

This is not a conversation about anti aircraft missiles you fool. Whether or not they are 30 years old. When the Serbs fired those missiles at American jets it wasn't the first time in 30 years that those troops had seen one take to the air. It wasn't the first time in 30 years that the battery commander had tracked and fired at a target in 30 years. Unlike Nigerian missiles that have been lying rusting for 30 years, and you still think any of your current seamen have any idea how to use them. Keep lying to yourself, like I said I don't care.

Does this sound like a Colonel who has never trained and prepared on his equipment in 30 years? Keep dreaming.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htada/articles/20051121.aspx

"Zoltan had about 200 troops under his command. He got to know them well, trained hard and made sure everyone could do what was expected of them. This level of quality leadership was essential, for Zoltan's achievements were a group effort."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

Roland SAM of nigeria's type shot down British Tornado jet speed 2,400km/hr in Gulf war.

south africa can continue practicing Umhkonto SAM vs Skua Drone speed 1,000km/hr. grin

Was it Nigerians who shot down the British? Stop taking credit that has nothing to do with you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

i was just ignoring your above foolish post, south africa used the G6 artillery to attack Cuban position that is a fixed target, an unmovable target, a geographically known airport that is available in a high school student's atlas map/textbook.

its location geographical coordiantes are written on public world maps so you dont need drones or recce or spies to find that kind of sitting duck target and shell it. fool grin
I should I post the battle of Lomba river. Where the recces called in artillery on moving targets trying to a wooden bridge. Thanks for saying "South Africa used the G6 artillery to ATTACK Cuban".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

i was just ignoring your above foolish post, south africa used the G6 artillery to attack Cuban position that is a fixed target, an unmovable target, a geographically known airport that is available in a high school student's atlas map/textbook.

its location geographical coordiantes are written on public world maps so you dont need drones or recce or spies to find that kind of sitting duck target and shell it. fool grin
Should I post the battle of Lomba river. Where the recces called in artillery on moving targets trying to cross a wooden bridge. Thanks for saying "South Africa used the G6 artillery to ATTACK Cuban".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

i know how to help a south african see his own m.ental c.ase at least for a moment.

now to clear the confusion in your tiny b.rain about NNS ARADU firing 8 Otomat missiles simultaneously, i ask you to solve this riddle below, its a small war simulation and i have taught you more than enough on basic war simulation so dont mess this one up again...

south african valour frigate is 100km away from nigerian coast mounting a doomed to fail naval blockade.

nigeria has about 20 Alpha jets including about 12 new upgrades for maritime/sea operations.

valour frigate has 16 umkhonto anti-aircraft missiles to defend itself.

16 Alpha jets attack the valour frigate with air to ground rockets and bombs including napalm.

show us how the valour frigate will defend itself from the above air attack.

absolutely no confusion has been cleared because you still have not shown that it can fire 8 simultaneously. You just made that up, now all your following links and paragraphs are just you trying to hide it. What kind of st*pid air force would use 16 jets to attack one ship? This is not World War 2. If you allow yourself to use 16 jets, why dont you allow us to use 2 Frigates? Why dont you also post how close those Alpha jets will have to be to a target to release those rockets and bombs.

By the way one Frigate can carry up to 32 missiles in the fire position. Number of missiles in the fire position does not equal the number of missiles the ship has on deck.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

i posted few days ago, evidence of arms sales log showing ethiopia and eritrea buying SU-27 Flanker fighter jets and Mig 29 Jets almost every year of the Badme war 1998-2000, the jets arrived complete with russian and ukranian pilots to fly them. where was UN at that time ? sleeping ? no sanctions !

south africa cannot win any war with DENEL weapons because its main heavy weapons are all imported and need spare parts from Europe, i am tired of posting this comment the 7th time for these south african dummies grin

Gripen Jet Fighter, Sweden

Hawk Jet, Britain

Valour Frigate Warship, Germany

Type 209 Sumbarine, Germany

Half French Rooivalk Helicopter Gunship, France (Engine)

Half Finland's product Bagder IFV (Not yet in service) Finland (Engine and Chassis/Body/Electronics/Armaments)

UN sanctions will weaken south africa too, remove all the above weapons due to lack of support from manufacturers in Europe and see Angola, Eritrea, or Uganda defeat south africa in one week grin

The Badger IFV will be made in South Africa. Only the first 16 will be made in Finland. They will use South African made armaments and electronics. Like Denel's 30mm gum gun and a range 60mm mortar. And oh the SANDF has a fleet of 1000 Ratels,which can be upgraded to the Iklwa standard.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

you had 3 links proving absolutely nothing. Hence me saying you are wasting time. For the very last time, a few pages back you claimed that Aradu would fire 8 Otomat missiles simultaneously at a South African Frigate. With all your paragraphs and all your links you are yet to prove that claim. Not one single bit of proof. Instead you post links and paragraphs that are irrelevant to your initial claim. You are the one who posts imaginary figures such as 80% and 20%.

"Designed for all-round defence against simultaneous air attacks from multiple targets, the Umkhonto-IR missile is the first vertically launched infrared-homing surface-to-air missile, also the first IR-homing missile to use lock-on-after-launch. Upon launch, the missile flies to a lock-on point, following on-board inertial navigation. The missile then activates its two-colour IR-seeker (variant of U-Darter AAM's seeker) and locks on. Target updates are received via data link, enabling the missile to counter evasive manoeuvres by the target."

english language is your problem not mine. the source on Otomat missile i posted says Otomat is configured to have all missiles fired againat a single target. so, NNS ARADU can fire all 8 Otomat missiles against a single target like south african valour frigate. the missiles can be fired one by one and that means a vaour frigate 50km away will be attacked by 8 missiles fired one by one at intervals, but they will tail each other and all 8 missiles will be travelling simultaneously at the same time in a long chain/trail/queue but will arrive on target at intervals of some seconds because they were fired at ships command discretion like 30 seconds apart.

what makes you believe valour frigate simultaneous firing of 8 Umkhonto missiles means one button is pushed and all 8 missiles take off at excatly the same second and not at intervals even if its a few seconds ? that is a rare thing because of the effect of backward force in principles of physics and more pronounced for a heavy anti-ship missile.

then what is the point about 8 Otomat missiles fired at once ? south africa has only 4 valour frigates.

then the frigates are not sitting together side by side in a naval blockade, or else its not a blockade anymore because niegrian coast is 800km long.

there is only one anti-ship missile defence on the valour frigate and it is the CIWS gun which cannot engage 8 Otomat missiles coming from front, back, left and right positions in a d.eadly multiple NNS ARADU attack.

Nigeria has 40 Otomat anti-ship missiles. South africa has only 17 Exocet anti-ship missiles shared among 4 valour warships minus the missiles wasted according to you in some regular foolish testing and practice, how many Exocets do you have left since almost 10 years ago ?

one day that secret too will leak out like your 12 Gripen jets that are frozen in cold storage, about half of south african air force best jets are not functioning grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

i posted few days ago, evidence of arms sales log showing ethiopia and eritrea buying SU-27 Flanker fighter jets and Mig 29 Jets almost every year of the Badme war 1998-2000, the jets arrived complete with russian and ukranian pilots to fly them. where was UN at that time ? sleeping ? no sanctions !

south africa cannot win any war with DENEL weapons because its main heavy weapons are all imported and need spare parts from Europe, i am tired of posting this comment the 7th time for these south african dummies grin

Gripen Jet Fighter, Sweden

Hawk Jet, Britain

Valour Frigate Warship, Germany

Type 209 Sumbarine, Germany

Half French Rooivalk Helicopter Gunship, France (Engine)

Half Finland's product Bagder IFV (Not yet in service) Finland (Engine and Chassis/Body/Electronics/Armaments)

UN sanctions will weaken south africa too, remove all the above weapons due to lack of support from manufacturers in Europe and see Angola, Eritrea, or Uganda defeat south africa in one week grin

A
production contract for the Badger infantry
fighting vehicle for the South African National
Defence Force has been approved and is
currently with Armscor, which will send it out to
industry.
According to Dr Sam Gulube,
Secretary for Defence, the
Badger production contract
under Project Hoefyster was
approved in February this year.
He said he hoped to see the
first production Badger vehicle
roll off the assembly line by the
end of 2013 and the last in
Up until recently the programme was in the
development phase. Gulube said the approval of
the production phase, worth R8 billion over the
next ten years, had been taken to Armscor.
"Right now Armscor is contracting production
and ensuring local production etc. I don't know
where they are today," he told journalists last
week.
The production order is believed to be for 264
vehicles, to be placed with prime contractor
Denel Land Systems (DLS), which sees it as a
make or break contract for the company, as two
thirds of its energy is directed towards this
programme.
DLS is concurrently developing five different
variants of the Badger infantry fighting vehicle
(IFV). Project Hoefyster is utilising five modular
combat turret variants, armed with the home-
grown GI-30 (30 mm CamGun) and 60 mm
breech-loading long-range mortar system. The
Ingwe anti-tank missile system is integrated into
the anti-tank variant of the 8x8 armoured
modular vehicle platforms.
The industrialisation and production of the Badger
will be done in South Africa, creating an
estimated 2 000 jobs and benefiting more than
100 subcontractors in the supply chain. It will
also see the South African Army gain a
replacement for its rapidly ageing Ratel infantry
combat vehicles.
Hoefyster has led to spinoffs, the most important
of which is a contract from Malaysia for turrets. In
July last year it was announced that Malaysia had
signed a 343 million euro (R3.5 billion) contract
for turrets and weapons to be integrated onto
their 8x8 armoured vehicles. This includes 69 x
two man turrets fitted with the South African
GI30 30mm main gun and 54 x missile turrets
equipped with the GI30 30mm gun and Denel
Dynamics Ingwe anti-tank missile system. The
order also includes the supply of 216 laser-guided
Ingwe missiles and 54 x remote control weapons
systems. This contract would not have been
possible without Hoefyster.
The Malaysian turret deal means six years of work
on this project for DLS. Malaysia ordered 257
FNSS/Deftech AV-8 8x8 armoured vehicles, to be
manufactured by Deftech of Malaysia, which will
be fitted with the Denel turrets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

absolutely no confusion has been cleared because you still have not shown that it can fire 8 simultaneously. You just made that up, now all your following links and paragraphs are just you trying to hide it.

Otomat missile is engineered to have all missiles fired agaist a single target by the warship that carries it. NNS ARADU carries 8 Otomat missiles. It will fire all against a single target. That is what the source says, so dont add or subtract from it, leave it as it is, Fisile Bee !

"This allows the ship to fire all missiles against a target regardless of where they are place aboard."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

If you want to know how it does that, fly to Germany and ask the company that built NNS ARADU, it is my business to tell you what a nigerian weapon can do, it is not my business to tell you the engineering of how it does it.

saengine:

What kind of st*pid air force would use 16 jets to attack one ship? This is not World War 2. If you allow yourself to use 16 jets, why dont you allow us to use 2 Frigates? Why dont you also post how close those Alpha jets will have to be to a target to release those rockets and bombs.

according to your own source, valour frigate can possibly carry 32 anti-aircraft missiles, but it can only engage 8 enemy aircraft targets at one time. so how will it defend against 16 nigerian Alpha jets including the 12 newly upgraded and specially configured maritime warfare versions flying multiple mass attack ? answer me with proof grin

show me source that says 16 jets attacking one warship is old world war II tactics, show me. also tell us why America sometimes attacks one single Iraqi position with about 60 USAF jets in gulf war.

show us proofs, we are waiting...fake civilian turned 'soldier' grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

english language is your problem not mine. the source on Otomat missile i posted says Otomat is configured to have all missiles fired againat a single target. so, NNS ARADU can fire all 8 Otomat missiles against a single target like south african valour frigate. the missiles can be fired one by one and that means a vaour frigate 50km away will be attacked by 8 missiles fired one by one at intervals, but they will tail each other and all 8 missiles will be travelling simultaneously at the same time in a long chain/trail/queue but will arrive on target at intervals of some seconds because they were fired at ships command discretion like 30 seconds apart.

what makes you believe valour frigate simultaneous firing of 8 Umkhonto missiles means one button is pushed and all 8 missiles take off at excatly the same second and not at intervals even if its a few seconds ? that is a rare thing because of the effect of backward force in principles of physics and more pronounced for a heavy anti-ship missile.

then what is the point about 8 Otomat missiles fired at once ? south africa has only 4 valour frigates.

then the frigates are not sitting together side by side in a naval blockade, or else its not a blockade anymore because niegrian coast is 800km long.

there is only one anti-ship missile defence on the valour frigate and it is the CIWS gun which cannot engage 8 Otomat missiles coming from front, back, left and right positions in a d.eadly multiple NNS ARADU attack.

Nigeria has 40 Otomat anti-ship missiles. South africa has only 17 Exocet anti-ship missiles shared among 4 valour warships minus the missiles wasted according to you in some regular foolish testing and practice, how many Exocets do you have left since almost 10 years ago ?

one day that secret too will leak out like your 12 Gripen jets that are frozen in cold storage, about half of south african air force best jets are not functioning grin

South Africa has 24 hawks which can stop all your 12 F7 jets. Don't forget the 14 Griffins,and the other 12 can be taken out of storage if SA was threatened.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

but they will tail each other and all 8 missiles will be travelling simultaneously at the same time in a long chain/trail/queue but will arrive on target at intervals of some seconds because they were fired at ships command discretion like 30 seconds apart.

I'm done with this crap. Talk about completely making up your own system capabilities from your a.ss. You have yet to show 8 missiles can be fired simultaneously at a target, which I repeat,was your initial claim. Now you're talking about missiles tailing each other. My sources showed that Umkhonto can engage 8 targets at the same time, non of yours have show Otomat can. Then you come with imaginary physics of "backwards force". I'm done
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
South Africa has 24 hawks which can stop all your 12 F7 jets. Don't forget the 14 Griffins,and the other 12 can be taken out of storage if SA was threatened.

south africa has no aircraft carrier to fly the Hawk jets and Gripen jets that have ranges of about 850km, for all the distance to support a naval blockade of nigerian territorial waters 5,000km away you fool, 33% south african brain grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

but they will tail each other and all 8 missiles will be travelling simultaneously at the same time in a long chain/trail/queue but will arrive on target at intervals of some seconds because they were fired at ships command discretion like 30 seconds apart.

I'm done with this crap. Talk about completely making up your own system capabilities from your a.ss. You have yet to show 8 missiles can be fired simultaneously at a target, which I repeat,was your initial claim. Now you're talking about missiles tailing each other. My sources showed that Umkhonto can engage 8 targets at the same time, non of yours have show Otomat can. Then you come with imaginary physics of "backwards force". I'm done

you are running away in defeat grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

fool, 8 Otomat missiles tailing each other just 30 seconds apart is a d.eadly simultaneous attack.

your 33% b.rain cannot figure out how short 30 seconds is ?

show us how your south african valour frigate can launch all its own 8 Exocet anti-ship missiles 'simultaneously' without any few seconds interval. you dont know the backward 'recoil' force the ship will receive from firing 8 heavy weight anti-ship missiles in exactly one same second.

fool, you dont know basic science of physics in south africa grin

nice schools buildings. poor brain students.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

Otomat missile is engineered to have all missiles fired agaist a single target by the warship that carries it. NNS ARADU carries 8 Otomat missiles. It will fire all against a single target. That is what the source says, so dont add or subtract from it, leave it as it is, Fisile Bee !

"This allows the ship to fire all missiles against a target regardless of where they are place aboard."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

If you want to know how it does that, fly to Germany and ask the company that built NNS ARADU, it is my business to tell you what a nigerian weapon can do, it is not my business to tell you the engineering of how it does it.

according to your own source, valour frigate can possibly carry 32 anti-aircraft missiles, but it can only engage 8 enemy aircraft targets at one time. so how will it defend against 16 nigerian Alpha jets including the 12 newly upgraded and specially configured maritime warfare versions flying multiple mass attack ? answer me with proof grin

show me source that says 16 jets attacking one warship is old world war II tactics, show me. also tell us why America sometimes attacks one single Iraqi position with about 60 USAF jets in gulf war.

show us proofs, we are waiting...fake civilian turned 'soldier' grin

A warship being able to fire all missiles does not mean that all those missiles can be fired simultaneously.That is specifically why the person who wrote that wikipedia quote did not put in the word simultaneously. The first time simultaneously and Otomat were used in the same sentence was by you.

I never said it can't be done, I said which stupid air force would do that. Oh so there were 60 jets in the air at the same time flying side by side to attack ONE target? Oh thats nice. Another one of your deluded "facts".

I asked you to post the range of the rockets and bombs that those Alpha jets would be using, which you have not done.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

before you run away....answer my question even though you have been disgraced and defeated, try be a man and summon courage...

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

Then you come with imaginary physics of "backwards force". I'm done

ordinary AK-47 rifle gives a recoil. anything that shoots forward with force produces an equal amount of backward force.

who rated south african education above nigeria's ? that ranking source is either a fool or a white racist.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Newton's Third Law of Motion.

i have to take you into my science classroom again as i always do, 95% of all south africans have a 33% grade brain grin

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/newtlaws/u2l4a.cfm

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

fool, 8 Otomat missiles tailing each other just 30 seconds apart is a d.eadly simultaneous attack.

show us how your south african valour frigate can launch all its own 8 Exocet anti-ship missiles 'simultaneously' without any few seconds interval. you dont know the backward 'recoil' force the ship will receive from firing 8 heavy weight anti-ship missiles in exactly one same second.

Show us where you get the number 30 seconds from? This is what I mean by you just making up crap as you go along.

Show us where you have calculated what force a single Exocet missile will impart on a multi tonne ship and if the force of 8 firing will have any effect whatsoever on the structure. Keep making up stuff, I couldnt care less.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

south africa has no aircraft carrier to fly the Hawk jets and Gripen jets that have ranges of about 850km, for all the distance to support a naval blockade of nigerian territorial waters 5,000km away you fool, 33% south african brain grin
The
South African Navy (SAN) has ordered what
appears to be a R42 million resupply of Umkhonto
surface-to-air missiles (SAM) for its Valour-class
frigates. The order, for R41 986 000, was placed
last week Thursday.
South Africa in November 2005
joined a handful of nations to
have fielded a functional
operational anti-missile air
defence systems with the
successful firing of the
Umkhonto-IR from aboard the
Valour-class frigate SAS
Amatola. Since then the SA
Navy has regularly fired the
125kg, 12km-range weapon
that carries a 23kg warhead, most recently this
year during Exercise Good Hope IV, a joint
multinational undertaking with German, where
the missile was also successfully fired against a
surface target. "We heard it went very well,"
Denel Dynamics CE Jan Wessels told defenceWeb
in April last year. "The system has now been in
service with the Navy for three years and all the
feedback we get is very positive, it is really
performing as advertised and more."
Each of the four German-built stealth warships is
fitted with a Denel Dynamics-designed 16-cell
vertical launch system (VLS) for the Umkhonto
(Zulu: Spear) that can be increased to 32. The
first naval firing of the weapon took place on
November 23, 2005 when the SAS Amatola fired
an Umkhonto at a high-speed Skua target drone
off Cape Agulhas. It fired a second a week later.
Both were fired with telemetry warheads to tell
developers at Denel's nearby Overberg Test
Range how the missiles were performing. Had real
warheads been fitted, both targets would have
been destroyed according to the data read-outs.
"Both hits were within the specifications. The
ranges achieved were even better than those
specified," then-Sitron project director Rear
Admiral (JG) Johnny Kamerman said in a media
conference in 2006. The admiral added the
development of the system had begun in 1993.
South Africa decided to develop its own system
even after sanctions was lifted because high-end
systems such as the US Aegis were unaffordable
-- "we can't afford the launchers, let alone the
missiles," Kamerman explained -- and low-end
systems like shoulder-launched missiles were "a
waste of time".
Land-based testing of the original Mark I ended in
July 2005 when the system was adjudged shore-
qualified. The testing involved telemetry
intercepts of a Skua target drone in various
profiles, including low-level, head on and in
evasive manoeuvres. The tests culminated in a
Skua being destroyed with a "standard warhead",
Kamerman said.
Machiel Oberholzer, Executive Manager Air
Defence at Denel Dynamics, says the 125kg,
12km range missile is now proven as a surface-to-
air and surface-to-surface missile in high clutter
naval environments including littoral water and
land warfare scenarios. "Umkhonto can now
comfortably be applied to Ground Based Air
Defence Systems (GBADS)," he said just before
last September's African Aerospace & Defence
(AAD) exhibition in Cape Town, a reference to the
SA Army's Project Protector, a land-based version
of the missile.
Wessels said the land variant will twin the Mk II
with a containerised launcher is developed in
close consultation with with the SA Army Air
Defence Artillery. This will integrate with a
command centre and a new three dimensional
Reutech Radar Systems RSR 320 also currently
under development. Wessels noted that several
potential "export customers are already looking
impatiently at the system." He says the naval
system "is getting a very good name" in the
mlitary community, further exciting interest in
the system's landwards application.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Donian007: It is true, I have been trying to reach a friend at NNS Pathfinder here in Rumuorlumeni but yet to get a feedback. The implications are massive, we need to know the real mission of that frigate.

abeg do remember to give us feedback ASAP
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

before you run away....answer my question even though you have been disgraced and defeated, try be a man and summon courage...

Again. What range will Alpha jets need to be in order to fire rockets at a Frigate? 80km? 50km? 12km? 2km?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

ordinary AK-47 rifle gives a recoil. anything that shoots forward with force produces an equal amount of backward force.

who rated south african education above nigeria's ? that ranking source is either a fool or a white racist.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Newton's Third Law of Motion.

i have to take you into my science classroom again as i always do, 95% of all south africans have a 33% grade brain grin

Congratulations. Now show us the force that 8 would produce and how that would affect the Frigate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

Simultaneous--» Happening or done at the same time with something else. Your "30 second apart" shows you don't know what simultaneous means.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
agaugust:

. Stop lying. The USA has prototype of weapon systems,that doesn't any "force backwards". This shows you don't read about modern weapon systems. Ever since the creation of Mike..ZA's account,he has been schooling you Nigerian village boys.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

A warship being able to fire all missiles does not mean that all those missiles can be fired simultaneously. That is specifically why the person who wrote that wikipedia quote did not put in the word simultaneously. The first time simultaneously and Otomat were used in the same sentence was by you.

have you asked him, and he told you that was what he had in mind for not using the word simultaneous ? show proof.

saengine:

I never said it can't be done, I said which stupid air force would do that. Oh so there were 60 jets in the air at the same time flying side by side to attack ONE target? Oh thats nice. Another one of your deluded "facts".

you dont really have many s.ensible human beings in south africa, do you ?

that is what is called wave air attack. 60 jets make 5 sqaudrons. they all take off from an air base heading to enemy target.

only your foolish south african military commanders are the ones who will attack such a dangerous target with only 6 Gripen jets.

it is an intelligent nigerian military commander that will attack a valour frigate thyat can target 8 jets at once, with 16 alpha jets to ensure a victory. y.our b.rain needs upgrade from DENEL.

first photo below is about 16 jets, and second below is photo of about 40 american jets heading for one single wave attack on iraq in gulf war. foolish south african !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_air_campaign

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
. Stop lying. The USA has prototype of weapon systems,that doesn't any "force backwards". This shows you don't read about modern weapon systems. Ever since the creation of Mike..ZA's account,he has been schooling you Nigerian village boys.

newtons 3rd law of motion cannot be changed by any modern technology. science is fact.

all they do is make recoiless guns that dont throw the recoiled engine part backwards to hurt the user. the backward force remains in the 'air' and pushes weight backwards, you cannot eliminate an invisible force of nature you fool !

show me new sources of new science of physics that says human beigns have eliminated newtons 3rd law of motion from this planet. fool ! one day you will say force of gravity has been eliminated because aircraft fly in the air and dont drop down...fools of soweto grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Simultaneous--» Happening or done at the same time with something else. Your "30 second apart" shows you don't know what simultaneous means.

simultaneous pushing of 8 missile firing buttons is different from simultaneous flight of 8 missiles tailing each other 30 seconds distance apart.

all we need is to face the fact that 8 missiles are travelling close tail behind each other to attack a distant target 50km away. thats the point.

leave trivialities and face realities of war. this forum is not an english language vocabulary contest, its all about war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
saengine:

Congratulations. Now show us the force that 8 would produce and how that would affect the Frigate.

can we focus on war and stop wasting time on senseless diversions ? i have taught you the physics to prove my point and that is done already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.