Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,710 members, 7,962,292 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4533452 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Insults by a CraigA or CraigB or CraigZ will not by any chance blunt the sharp facts of South Africa's world recognized 33% educational system!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris:

so this is how BCrab passed through school with his empty skull..SMH

i never trusted those ranking cos they are mostly based on fine buildings grin grin grin

Not you too. I spent all day playing with the other monkey. You'll just bore. Go read whats already been said and go home.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Insults by a CraigA or CraigB or CraigZ will not by any chance blunt the sharp facts of South Africa's world recognized 33% educational system!!

One-trick pony! grin grin grin

You have failed to argue anything of substance. You were given all day to put together a coherent argument and you decided to bore everyone with weak posts.

grin

It's not an insult of it's true. Point me to one thing that I said that was not true.

I had gazillions of sources. Gazillions!

Can you count that? grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Please read through this deep advice from one of the rare South African outstanding brains. It's fresh from the press.

[size=16pt]Education is broken — and we all need to fix it[/size]
by Sizwe Nxasana, August 02 2013, 05:35

SOUTH Africa has done well in improving access to education, especially among children of school-going age. Today almost all of these children have access to education, which was not the case in 1994.

However, the quality of education leaves much to be desired by any benchmark — for example, the low percentage of matrics whose mathematics and science marks qualify them for university entrance. About 35% of school districts are simply dysfunctional; another third of our schools’ performance is just average — not terrible, but they could do much better. Only the remaining third of our schools are operating at a reasonable standard.

Just more than 3-million learners, out of 12-million, are receiving a high standard of education. That is why education is a priority in the National Development Plan (NDP), South Africa’s economic road map to 2030.

The NDP mentions a number of other areas that need improvement, such as health and infrastructure, but it also touches on a lack of social cohesion, which is another factor that is inhibiting economic growth. More importantly, the NDP talks about active citizenship: the need for society to get involved in uplifting the country and what individuals, companies and the private sector as a whole can do.

The government recognises it cannot do everything on its own. It requires partnerships with people and institutions who want to be involved in improving the quality of education — or in any of the other areas identified in the NDP. These are priorities that will need the whole nation to come together to find the best solutions.

Education is a cause that has been close to my heart for some time. Since 2004, I’ve been the chairman of the board of trustees of the Thuthuka Bursary Fund (TBF). This initiative by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (Saica), in partnership with the government and private sector donors, identifies African and coloured learners with an aptitude for mathematics, then funds and mentors them through university and on to qualification as chartered accountants. It has already provided 95 qualified graduates, with 1,200 more in the academic pipeline.

The Department of Higher Education and Training matches TBF donors rand for rand, and the KwaZulu-Natal treasury has partnered with the TBF to put 100 students from every municipality in the province through the programme to ensure qualified financial services professionals are in place in every local authority, providing oversight and disciplined financial management, within a decade.

This is the kind of active citizenry that the NDP calls for, and Saica has stepped up to the plate – but South Africa needs engineers, doctors, scientists and qualified entrepreneurs, not just accountants. To satisfy this demand and pull the nation out of the poverty trap, we have to educate all of our people at a much higher level.

A new public-private partnership announced by Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe on July 16 takes the commitment to education by large business a step further. The National Education Collaboration Trust brings together unions, parent bodies, nongovernmental organisations and community leaders to support the government in improving the quality of education.

As a first priority, it has identified districts and schools that require interventions to fix what is broken. However, it will also implement innovation and new ideas of learning and teaching, of pedagogy, and improve the materials we use for learning and teaching, using technology to speed up improvement.

It will use concepts that may not exist in this country at the moment — the idea is to introduce systemic change on a broad scale, as opposed to programmes, wonderful though they are, that affect individual schools. The aim is to improve education, from Grade R to 12, over the next 10 years, so that in a decade’s time at least 90% of the country’s schools are performing at an acceptable level. There is a goal of 450,000 matrics passing core mathematics and science with the grades to get them into university every year, instead of the current 120,000.

A group effort

There is no magic bullet; the strategy can only work if all sectors of society commit to it. It’s an ambitious project, and it calls for the private sector, private donors, the unions and civil society to support these initiatives — not just in monetary terms, but also in kind. Parents must be involved in the lives of their children at school. They have to hold schools accountable for the work they should be doing. Teachers need to be at work, not to sit in the staff room, but to teach. South Africa needs active citizens: the youth, to take responsibility for their own lives and ensure accountability from their schools; and the unions, to understand their role. Their rights are entrenched in the constitution, hence we need unions that can look after the interests of their members while taking part in the reconstruction of the country.

To the business sector, involvement makes sound financial sense; growth is impossible unless South Africa produces more qualified graduates. More than that, it is a matter of simple morality — we all have a responsibility to improve society to the best of our abilities.

I have only three priorities right now: my family, my company and the transformation of education. If we don’t fix education, we’re in big trouble. The National Education Collaboration Trust is the first of its kind in this country. There will be more projects, but this is the first that supports the NDP in such an active, inclusive and integrated way.

The details of this partnership will be made available along the way. Every organisation and individual will be asked to play a role. We’ll be asked as citizens: "What are you prepared to contribute?" Pointing fingers and shifting blame will not help. Remember, every revolution starts with two people talking — if we can get everyone to take part in transforming the quality of education, many of our other challenges may just resolve themselves.

Nxasana was one of the first 10 black South African chartered accountants, before establishing the first black-owned auditing firm in KwaZulu-Natal, Sizwe & Co, in 1989. He has since, among other roles, served as CEO of Telkom and president of the Association for the Advancement of Black Accountants. He became CEO and executive director of FirstRand in 2009.

====
To the CraigBs, MsauZAs, and SA wannabe Kwame/AwodwaGyanOniwe I suggest you heed Sizwe's call to fix your broken system than spend time pointing your leprous fingers at Nigeria/ns who are always aiming for higher academic hights by default. You must all do well to step out of your 33% limitations first.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

guy you gbasky grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Heeey!

Look what I found:

Nigeria: 1,300 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary School Test

Kaduna — About 1300 teachers in Kaduna have failed in tests generally set for primary four pupils, Commissioner for Education Alhaji Usman Mohammed has revealed. shocked shocked shocked

He made the shocking disclosure at an education summit tagged "Education for all is responsibility of all", held at the Hassan Usman Katsina House yesterday.

"A total of 1,599 teachers selected from across the state were given primary four tests in Mathematics and Basic literacy. Only one of them scored 75 percent, 250 scored between 50 to 75 percent and 1,300 scored below 25 percent," he said.

According to him, the same examination was conducted for 1,800 primary school pupils but that larger percent of them failed woefully.

"We are not surprised about the performance of the pupils because how can they know it, when their teachers don't know it," he added.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

Not you too. I spent all day playing with the other monkey. You'll just bore. Go read whats already been said and go home.

aww!! the dullard is scared i'll add more damage to the one @Naijapikingidi has caused. don't worry, i already had a stressful day at work. am just gonna enjoy my comrade's posts for future references grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris:

aww!! the dullard is scared i'll add more damage to the one @Naijapikingidi has caused. don't worry, i already had a stressful day at work. am just gonna enjoy my comrade's posts for future references grin

Scared of what exactly? Your threatening to "enjoy posts".

I am shivering!

Sorry to disappoint you, but your comrade is done for the day, as you will soon find out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: "The World Economic Forum Global Information Technology report, released this year, ranked the quality of South Africa’s education system 140th out of 144 countries. It ranked SA’s maths and science education second last in the world — ahead only of Yemen."

============
Find the complete World Economic Forum Global Information Technology Report 2013 here: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GITR_Report_2013.pdf

Go to:
page 324 refer to Table 5.01 Quality of Educational System
page 325 refer to Table 5.02 Quality of Math and Science Education

#rolls on the floor# grin grin grin grin grin

no wonder the dullard has been acting crazy with his posts

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

What damage? You've failed to deal with me- with facts - and now you want to deal with Paniki, who was not even talking to you?

Hahaha. 98 percenter needs saving. I got banned because of a link, idîot. Posted as a picture. Were you hoping to be saved by the mods? How can you even know what got me banned when it's hidden?

Do you need saving, 98 percenter?

A squirming worm from Lagos grin grin grin grin.

Look at how your energy's been sapped. From 80 words per minute, to sad, one-liners cry

[size=17pt]98%[/size] - This is where you come from.

It won't go away. grin

You can swing your fists randomly and aimlessly ... it's the sign of a battered, dazed and desperate boxer not too far-off from hitting the canvass! Accept the facts of the report or just die running away from it! It's OFFICIAL! Your educational system is at the very bottom range of all global systems and your beautiful buildings could not help you!? Cry us the Indian ocean! You are just not competent to be intelligent! You are 33%. Refer once more to your educational demons on pages 324 and 325 of that WEF REPORT FY2013.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris:

Of that post doesn't worry me.

As for you:

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/7275-nigeria-has-worst-global-education-indicators-unesco

[size=17pt]Nigeria has worst global education indicators - UNESCO[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You can swing your fists randomly and aimlessly ... it's the sign of a battered, dazed and desperate boxer not too far-off from hitting the canvass! Accept the facts of the report or just die running away from it! It's OFFICIAL! Your educational system is at the very bottom range of all global systems and your beautiful buildings could not help you!? Cry us the Indian ocean! You are just not competent to be intelligent! You are 33%. Refer once more to your educational demons on pages 324 and 325 of that WEF REPORT FY2013.

Aimlessly? As in 98% aimlessly? I have stamina today, Pigoon. More than enough.

Let's see.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2013/06/20136109549623651.html

I quote:

"Nigeria lagging in child education
Sub-Saharan nation has worst record globally.

Not wishy-washy.

Facts. Undeniable facts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

One-trick pony! grin grin grin

You have failed to argue anything of substance. You were given all day to put together a coherent argument and you decided to bore everyone with weak posts.

grin

It's not an insult of its not true. Point me to one thing that I said that was not true.

I had gazillions of sources. Gazillions!

Can you count that? grin

How can a substanceless brain recognize substance when it's placed in clear words on his screen or in a WEF 2013 Report? You are beyond human redemption! Yes you are! 33% is your number!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

How can a substanceless brain recognize substance when it's placed in clear words on his screen or in a WEF 2013 Report? You are beyond human redemption! Yes you are! 33% is your number!!!

One liner. I post facts. You post one-liners and dreams grin grin grin.

You keep screaming WEF until your lips assume that shape.

I told you that I have all the stamina in the world today. Best schools in the whole continent, Pigoon. Whole continent.

I will keep bliksemming you with facts.

All day! grin grin

You are worst in the whole world, Pigoon
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris:

The very reason for all the desperation and aimless posts! On point BlackChris! Even a blindman in his neighbourhood can see his desperation!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The very reason for all the desperation and aimless posts! On point BlackChris! Even a blindman in his neighbourhood can see his desperation!

LOL - I am having fun.

You have run out of energy and tricks.

I am motivated and jovial.

grin grin grin

Are you sad to discover that you have the worst indicators in the world?

You forgot to read that part?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

One liner. I post facts. You post one-liners and dreams grin grin grin.

You keep screaming WEF until your lips assume that shape.

I told you that I have all the stamina in the world today. Best schools in the whole continent, Pigoon. Whole continent.

I will keep bliksemming you with facts.

All day! grin grin

You are worst in the whole world, Pigoon

They can even be halfliners for all you care ... Point is ... you are feeling the impact! grin grin grin grin Focus on the Report!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

They can even be halfliners for all you care ... Point is ... you are feeling the impact! grin grin grin grin Focus on the Report!!

If I were feeling the impact, you'd be happy, knowing your work is done. But look at you. Trying to rise from under the weight of facts.

I asked a question: Worst education indicators globally. - UNESCO.

Did you forget to read about that?

98 percenter.

I have energy in abundance. wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

LOL - I am having fun.

You have run out of energy and tricks.

I am motivated and jovial.

grin grin grin

Are you sad to discover that you have the worst indicators in the world?
You forgot to read that part?

The question is yours! And you know ... like we also know that you are sad, upset, hurt, dismayed, depressed with the content of pages 324 and 325 of the World Economic Forum Report FY2013! We understand your pain! We also understand it is a pain you must learn to live with until your 33% brains can show improvement!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
South Africa: a nation of dummies
South Africa’s education system is producing a nation of dummies. The country is faring second worst in the world in mathematics and science education, new research by the World Economic Forum shows. By Craig Wilson.
http://www.techcentral.co.za/south-africa-a-nation-of-dummies/39540/

this proves my point as to the kind of dummies CabB and AshawoGang are. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The question is yours! And you know ... like we also know that you are sad, upset, hurt, dismayed, depressed with the content of pages 324 and 325 of the World Economic Forum Report FY2013! We understand your pain! We also understand it is a pain you must learn to live with until your 33% brains can show improvement!

grin grin grin

As predicted. The same line.

Well, I will answer the question for you; and happily.

Naai-geria has the worst education indicators globally. And everything that I have posted cannot be denied by any Naai-gerian, dead or alive. Just grab a cup of coffee, read and weep. WEF, you've screamed. Well, have a look at where you are now and take stock.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
it seems the ranking got worst this year. at 2010 it was the 4th grin

Newsweek‘s (16 August 2010) list of the world’s best countries put South Africa at 82nd overall, and ranks our education system 97th out of 100, which is 4th from the bottom. South Africa’s education performance is even ranked below countries like Mozambique, Bangladesh and Iran, states less wealthy or less free.
http://edulibpretoria./2010/08/26/sa-education-system-the-4th-worst-in-the-world-according-to-newsweek/

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

If I were feeling the impact, you'd be happy, knowing your work is done. But look at you. Trying to rise from under the weight of facts.

98 percenter.

[size=14pt]I have energy in abundance[/size]. wink

Nice to see you desperately psyching-up yourself! No one asked if you had energy in abundance or in short supply! We know your pain! We know your current stress levels! It's as low as your measly 33% brain capacity! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Stay positive! You can't afford to run away soon! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris: South Africa: a nation of dummies
South Africa’s education system is producing a nation of dummies. The country is faring second worst in the world in mathematics and science education, new research by the World Economic Forum shows. By Craig Wilson.
http://www.techcentral.co.za/south-africa-a-nation-of-dummies/39540/

this proves my point as to the kind of dummies CabB and AshawoGang are. grin grin

Why am I not surprised?

WEF hahahahaha!

Well, the nation of dummies go straight into overseas programmes.

You on the other hand...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/fg-teachers-battle-students-under-performance/

She said: “Over the years, Nigeria has experienced mass failure in external examinations. The poor quality of educational outcome in recent years is attributable to the poor quality of teachers, among others.”

_______

I have already posted tonnes of evidence about your teachers! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Nice to see you desperately psyching-up yourself! No one asked if you had energy in abundance or in short supply! We know your pain! We know your current stress levels! It's as low as your measly 33% brain capacity! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Stay positive! You can't afford to run away soon! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ahahahaha !

Did anyone ask you about anything you've said today? Ag shame. Truth biting a bit?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris: it seems the ranking got worst this year. at 2010 it was the 4th grin

Newsweek‘s (16 August 2010) list of the world’s best countries put South Africa at 82nd overall, and ranks our education system 97th out of 100, which is 4th from the bottom. South Africa’s education performance is even ranked below countries like Mozambique, Bangladesh and Iran, states less wealthy or less free.
http://edulibpretoria./2010/08/26/sa-education-system-the-4th-worst-in-the-world-according-to-newsweek/

You've already been told, we have a healthy private school system. A healthy semi-private system. A healthy ousourced system.

Hence, the best schools on the continent.

____

1. Grey College South Africa
2. Rift Valley Academy Kenya
3. King Edward VII School South Africa
4. Hilton College South Africa
5. St. George's College Zimbabwe
6. Prince Edward School Zimbabwe
7. International School of Kenya Kenya
8. Accra Academy Ghana
9. Lycée Lamine Guèye Senegal
10. Adisadel College Ghana
11. St John's College Houghton South Africa
12. Maritzburg College South Africa
13. Lycée Guebre Mariam Ethiopia
14. Selborne College South Africa
15. St Alban's College South Africa
16. Lycée Lyautey Morocco
17. Durban High School South Africa
18. Grey High School South Africa
19. St Andrew`s College South Africa
20. Gateway High School Zimbabwe
21. Glenwood High School South Africa
22. Rainbow International School Uganda
23. Lycée Moulay Youssef Morocco
24. Kearsney College South Africa
25. St. James High School Zimbabwe
26. Wynberg Boys High School South Africa
27. Pretoria Boys High School South Africa
28. Lycée Français de Tananarive Madagascar
29. Mauritius College of the Air Mauritius
30. International School Moshi Tanzania
31. Le Collège Mermoz Ivory Coast
32. Strathmore School Kenya
33. Parktown Boys' High School South Africa
34. International School of Tanganyika Tanzania
35. Holy Child School Ghana
36. Christ The King College Onitsha Nigeria
37. Graeme College South Africa
38. Jeppe High School for Boys South Africa
39. Alliance High School Kenya
40. Hillcrest School Jos Nigeria
41. Kingswood College South Africa
42. Hamilton High School Zimbabwe
43. Lincoln International School Uganda
44. Lycée Victor Hugo Morocco
45. Alexandra High School South Africa
46. École Normale Supérieure Guinea
47. Ghana International School Ghana
48. Arundel School Zimbabwe
49. Rondebosch Boys' High School South Africa
50. Starehe Boys' Centre Kenya
51. American International School of Johannesburg South Africa
52. Victoria Park High School South Africa
53. Methodist Boys High School Sierra Leone
54. Harare International School Zimbabwe
55. Methodist Girls High School Sierra Leone
56. Lenana School Kenya
57. St. Andrew's High School Malawi
58. Benoni High School South Africa
59. Waddilove High School Zimbabwe
60. Roedean School South Africa
61. Wykeham Collegiate Independent School for Girls South Africa
62. Lycee Francais du Caire Egypt
63. Christian Brothers' College Bulawayo Zimbabwe
64. Kamuzu Academy Malawi
65. Mount Pleasant High School Zimbabwe
66. Mfantsipim School Ghana
67. Chisipite Senior School Zimbabwe
68. Gayaza High School Uganda
69. Kutama College Zimbabwe
70. Wheelus High School Libya
71. Michaelhouse School South Africa
72. Westville Boys' High School South Africa
73. Namilyango College Uganda
74. Government College Umuahia Nigeria
75. Muir College South Africa
76. Wesley Girls High School Ghana
77. Alexander Sinton High School South Africa
78. Lycée Faidherbe Senegal
79. Royal College Port Louis Mauritius
80. Lycée La Fontaine Niger
81. Lycée Lyautey de Casablanca Morocco
82. Settlers High School South Africa
83. Nyeri High School Kenya
84. Pinetown Boys' High School South Africa
85. Kings' College Lagos Nigeria
86. Lycée Français Liberté Mali
87. Paarl Boys' High School South Africa
88. St. Paul's College Namibia
89. Tafari Makonnen School Ethiopia
90. Wynberg Girls' High School South Africa
91. Bingham Academy Ethiopia
92. Port Shepstone High School South Africa
93. Clapham High School South Africa
94. Hillcrest Secondary School Kenya
95. South African College School South Africa
96. Lycée Blaise Diagne Senegal
97. St Mary's Diocesan School for Girls South Africa
98. Townsend High School Zimbabwe
99. St.Gregory's College Nigeria
100. Allan Wilson High School Zimbabwe
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

grin grin grin

As predicted. The same line.

Well, I will answer the question for you; and happily.

Naai-geria has the worst education indicators globally. And everything that I have posted cannot be denied by any Naai-gerian, dead or alive. Just grab a cup of coffee, read and weep. WEF, you've screamed. Well, have a look at where you are now and take stock.

you don't seem to get it. behind the colonial structures that represents the current south africa lies a filthy society they try to hide from the world. don't be mad when your secrets are revealed, just swallow it cos you like to serve the same meal. gudnite to your dull head grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
blackchris:

you don't seem to get it. behind the colonial structures that represents the current south africa lies a filthy society they try to hide from the world. don't be mad when your secrets are revealed, just swallow it cos you like to serve the same meal. gudnite to your dull head grin

Ahahahah! Dreams. Not having fun? smiley

Dont give us mouth-foaming.

I get it plenty and I have posted it.

A naai-gerian talking about filth? Don't go there if you know what's good for you. grin

You wont like it very much.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

98 percenter.

I have energy in abundance. wink

Dude ... you are so lost! Even MsauZA, Paniki, Tumisang and ZetDee who were peeping from the bottomside of the page have run away and abandoned you until the can think up new digressionary antics! Enjoy the very heavy weight of the WEF REPORT FY2013 as you simply cannot dispute or utter one word on the facts therein, try as hard as you have already! That's the sign of the enormity of facts you are contending with? grin grin grin Enjoy !!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

Ahahahaha !

Did anyone ask you about anything you've said today? Ag shame. Truth biting a bit?

I'm sure you are having a hard time keeping up here! Why not go back on this thread to the very post where these arguments began today! You are so battered by that report! So battered! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by blackchris: 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
BCraig:

Ahahahah! Dreams. Not having fun? smiley

Dont give us mouth-foaming.

I get it plenty and I have posted it.

A naai-gerian talking about filth? Don't go there if you know what's good for you. grin

You wont like it very much.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hurry up and repost the ones you've posted before. as if there's anything new. we don't hide our problems like your filthy country. so go ahead, but i warn you. what am seeing right now about SA's deeply unfair society will pain you.

did you pour liquid soap in my mouth to say am foaming whenever i hit you with the truth?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Those pages will never go away! Never!!! No matter how you cry ... pages 324 and 325 of that report has put paid to all your bloody lies! MsauZa, ZetDee and crew have been watching in disbelief and shame for so long at the bottom of the page! grin grin It's a matter of time before they throw in another diversionary antic. We know your tricks! grin grin grin

OH PLS, I've known about the report from talk radio and many online news site, I'm struggling to download the actual document with my mobile phone since I'm not logged in with my pc, pls can you post those pages here. The rankings are not based on objective measurements, but on how well countries archieve their desired outcomes, the standard set varies from country to country, An International student assesment body like TIMSS and PISA is how countries compare the quality of their education with other countries using standardized assesment tests. South African students were assessed by TIMSS in 1995, 2002 and 2011, between 1995 and 2002 our scores remained constant, by 2011 they went up by 1,5sd which shows improvement in the quality of our education. The other thing one must take into account is that South Africa has provided excess for all children in a short time while the quality has not been good, due to factors like poverty and quality teacher shortages, but 25% of our schools are on par with the best in the world.

www.cozacares.co.za/2013/02/trends-in-mathematics-and-science-study/

The unique South African situation While TIMSS gives us insight into how we’re
performing internationally, it’s equally
insightful into South Africa’s unique situation
on a national level. Scores reflect the dual
nature of South African society – learners
from well-resourced, more affluent schools produce better results than learners from
under-resourced, less affluent schools. So, while the best performing South African
learners remain competitive with top
performing countries, those at the lower end
of the spectrum fall short. However, TIMSS
2011 highlights a most encouraging sign –
the greatest improvement in scores is observed at the lower end, in schools
formerly designated for black children and in
the lowest performing provinces. However,
whilst these schools are showing decent
improvement, South Africa’s elite schools
don’t appear to be following suit. Thus, the gap between the highest scores and
the lowest scores (the range) is closing,
pointing out a small move towards more
equitable educational outcomes, and proving
the value in continued investment in
interventions aimed at less-resourced schools and lower-income households. Driving economic growth In TIMSS 2002, 10.5% of South African
learners scored above 400 points. TIMSS 2012
reveals that this has more than doubled, with
24% of learners scoring above 400 points.
This is a significant development, since it
boosts the pool of learners who could potentially follow science and technology
careers. Which brings us back to the WEF 5 th Financial Development Report – the greater the number
of South Africans who score well at maths
and science, the stronger our human capital,
and the better our capacity to drive economic
growth in the country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
TIMSS gives a picture of where South Africa stands in maths and science education in comparison with first world countries, there's been a significant improvement in scores for those that were previously disadvantaged, but little for those at the top because investment in education has been focused on the poor schools. It can be seen that the standard has not dropped but improved, though not at the pase of the top countries

TIMSS 2011 IN SOUTH AFRICA

For TIMSS 2011 in South Africa, the
HSRC conducted the study in 256
public schools and 27 independent
schools. Nearly 12 000 Grade 9
learners participated. The HSRC also
undertook TIMSS in 1995, 1999 and
2002. The trend analysis from 1995 to
2012 showed that the national
average score remained static over
the years 1995, 1999 and 2002.
"From 2002 to 2012 we see an
improvement of both the
mathematics and science score and
this improvement is equivalent to
raising the standard by one and half
(1.5) grade levels", Reddy says. In
addition to the improved average
performance, the range of the
distribution of the scores between the
highest and lowest decreased
between 2002 and 2011.
According to Reddy this wide
distribution of learner achievement
reflects the wide disparities in society and schools and with scores of learners at the lowest end increasing, it could suggest a small move towards more equitable educational outcomes.

Provincial performance
The three top performing provinces in both mathematics and science in TIMSS 2011 were the Western Cape, Gauteng and Northern Cape. The three lowest performers were KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo and the Eastern Cape. Between 2002 and 2011, Gauteng, Limpopo, NorthWest, Free State and Eastern Cape showed the most improvement. . There was no change in mathematics and science performance in the Western Cape or Northern Cape between 2002 and 2011.

Poorest schools shows most improvement
The greatest improvement was among learners who can be described as "the most disadvantaged" and who scored lowest initially. This coincides with learners and schools receiving the highest number of interventions aimed at improving the quality of education, from both public and private sector providers "This is good news. The results suggest the value of the continued investment in low-income households and in less-resourced schools," she says.

Top performing learners and schools not globally competitive However, when it comes to the quantity and quality of performance at the top level, South Africa is not globally competitive. In analysing the top-end performers against the TIMSS international performance standard, the average scores for independent,
former House of Assembly and
Quintile [1] five schools, all performed below the middle score of 500 (also called "Centrepoint"wink.
In 2002; 10.5% of South African
leaners scored above 400 points. This more than doubled in 2011, when 24% of our learners scored above 400 points - thus increasing the pool of learners who could potentially follow science and technology careers. "Schools that have been traditionally
well resourced need to be challenged and supported to improve the performance of their learners. We need to re-affirm the agenda for excellence in educational outcomes," Reddy says.

Mathematics and science curriculum
When it comes to a comparison of the curriculum for these two disciplines, it was found that the Revised National Curriculum Statements that guided instruction and learning of mathematics and science at schools during 2002 and 2011 covered more than 90% of the TIMSS assessment framework on which the leaners were tested. Reddy explains: "This implies that the curriculum for Grade 9 schools in South Africa is on par with the
international standard
, but there are many other factors that shape achievement at school"

www.politicsweb.co.za/politicsweb/view/politicsweb/en/page71654?oid=346605&sn=Detail&pid=71616

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.