Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,688 members, 7,962,214 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4533401 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
zetdee:

OH PLS, I've known about the report from talk radio and many online news site, I'm struggling to download the actual document with my mobile phone since I'm not logged in with my pc, pls can you post those pages here. The rankings are not based on objective measurements, but on how well countries archieve their desired outcomes, the standard set varies from country to country, An International student assesment body like TIMSS and PISA is how countries compare the quality of their education with other countries using standardized assesment tests. South African students were assessed by TIMSS in 1995, 2002 and 2011, between 1995 and 2002 our scores remained constant, by 2011 they went up by 1,5sd which shows improvement in the quality of our education. The other thing one must take into account is that South Africa has provided excess for all children in a short time while the quality has not been good, due to factors like poverty and quality teacher shortages, but 25% of our schools are on par with the best in the world.

www.cozacares.co.za/2013/02/trends-in-mathematics-and-science-study/

The unique South African situation While TIMSS gives us insight into how we’re
performing internationally, it’s equally
insightful into South Africa’s unique situation
on a national level. Scores reflect the dual
nature of South African society – learners
from well-resourced, more affluent schools produce better results than learners from
under-resourced, less affluent schools. So, while the best performing South African
learners remain competitive with top
performing countries, those at the lower end
of the spectrum fall short. However, TIMSS
2011 highlights a most encouraging sign –
the greatest improvement in scores is observed at the lower end, in schools
formerly designated for black children and in
the lowest performing provinces. However,
whilst these schools are showing decent
improvement, South Africa’s elite schools
don’t appear to be following suit. Thus, the gap between the highest scores and
the lowest scores (the range) is closing,
pointing out a small move towards more
equitable educational outcomes, and proving
the value in continued investment in
interventions aimed at less-resourced schools and lower-income households. Driving economic growth In TIMSS 2002, 10.5% of South African
learners scored above 400 points. TIMSS 2012
reveals that this has more than doubled, with
24% of learners scoring above 400 points.
This is a significant development, since it
boosts the pool of learners who could potentially follow science and technology
careers. Which brings us back to the WEF 5 th Financial Development Report – the greater the number
of South Africans who score well at maths
and science, the stronger our human capital,
and the better our capacity to drive economic
growth in the country.

Denials galore! You claim you knew about it yet you dare not share or mention it because you Nigerians do not know and will never know of the damning report!? Too late for excuses! The Word Economic Forum Report is acceptable/unacceptable depending on whose Ox is gored seems to be your new digression but surely your educational system is overrated! We have said this too often for you South Africans to understand. No brain for Maths and Science and no brains for quality education! End of discussion!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
zetdee: South African education is the best in Africa, our standards are high and on par with first world countries. Looking at standardised assessment tests we're the best in Africa. We have provide education for all our children, unlike Nigeria which has the highest number of children out of school in the world.

Delusions galore!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2013
blackchris:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hurry up and repost the ones you've posted before. as if there's anything new. we don't hide our problems like your filthy country. so go ahead, but i warn you. what am seeing right now about SA's deeply unfair society will pain you.

did you pour liquid soap in my mouth to say am foaming whenever i hit you with the truth?

We hide our problems? But you are funny!

The last time I checked 98% grin of everything you've posted about us comes from OUR websites and publications?

You don't hide yours? Really?

98% of everything we've posted about you comes from publications other than yours!

You are funny! grin grin grin

Our country is sooooo filthy Naai-gerians can't help but stream to it? They get trampled upon at our visa offices to come over to South Africa. Funny guy.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 14, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Denials galore! You claim you knew about it yet you dare not share or mention it because you Nigerians do not know and will never know of the damning report!? Too late for excuses! The Word Economic Forum Report is acceptable/unacceptable depending on whose Ox is gored seems to be your new digression but surely your educational system is overrated! We have said this too often for you South Africans to understand. No brain for Maths and Science and no brains for quality education! End of discussion!

I've known about it, because education is always discussed on our public radio stations, you can find articles about it on all our online news sites, the actual pdf doc I'm still unable to download, maybe you can post the pages you mentioned here.

The world economic report is based on surveys not some assessment tests, we should look at TIMSS to assess where a country's quality of education is compared to others.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:20am On Aug 14, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Yes, no brain for math and science and English - is Naai-geria. I repeat.

Worst indicators in the whole world. Not wishy-washy stuff. Facts.

____

Released just five days ago. Not in 1998. Five days ago.

wink
___

http://blueprintng.com/new/2013/08/09/not-yet-uhuru-for-nigerias-education-despite-early-indicators/

A glimpse at the Executive Summary of that report, as released by the World Bank, reveals that primary education enrolls 81% of the relevant age group and graduates 69% of this figure while just over half of all children complete primary school. School drop-out rates have been rising and educational standards have apparently declined.

______

98% - It is real!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Not wishful thinking - facts.

Five days ago.

___

The dearth of qualified teachers that should grow Nigerian education is another aspect that was treated in the bank’s report. The report further alluded to the fact that even when there are qualified teachers, to a certain extent, they do not have the adequate professional knowledge and competence to teach. For instance, in some states such as Jigawa, Kano and Bauchi, where about 90 percent or more students are unable to read after finishing primary school, only about 40 to 50 percent of primary school teachers are qualified (Universal Basic Education Commission 2010). None or only few of these qualified teachers have the adequate professional working knowledge. The teacher assessment conducted by ESSPIN for primary- and junior- secondary-school teachers shows that about three (or more) in four teachers in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa have limited knowledge of teaching (score of 0-25) and none with adequate professional working knowledge (score of 75-100).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:23am On Aug 14, 2013
zetdee:

I've known about it, because education is always discussed on our public radio stations, you can find articles about it on all our online news sites, the actual pdf doc I'm still unable to download, maybe you can post the pages you mentioned here.

The world economic report is based on surveys not some assessment tests, we should look at TIMSS to assess where a country's quality of education is compared to others.

Yes. wishy-washy stuff.

He has crumbled under facts. grin

The death of a 98 percenter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2013
BCraig:

We hide our problems? But you are funny!

The last time I checked 98% grin of everything you've posted about us comes form OUR websites and publications?

You don't hide yours? Really?

98% of everything we've posted about you comes from publications other than yours!

You are funny! grin grin grin

Our country is sooooo filthy Naai-gerians can't help but stream to it? They get trampled upon at our visa offices to come over to South Africa. Funny guy.

Yes, its really funny they always accuse us of hiding things, every negative thing they've brought up one can find on news24 or similar sites, even white genocide is always discussed there. These Nigerians are just too desperate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:26am On Aug 14, 2013
zetdee:

Yes, its really funny they always accuse us of hiding things, every negative thing they've brought up one can find on news24 or similar sites, even white genocide is always discussed there. These Nigerians are just too desperate.

They can't analyse anything. We publish the very things that they think we are hiding. grin grin

They on the other hand kill their journalists for telling the truth grin grin grin

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/voices-in-danger-nigeria-added-to-list-of-most-dangerous-countries-for-journalists-8602199.html

Voices in Danger: Nigeria added to list of most dangerous countries for journalists
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 12:28am On Aug 14, 2013
[size=22pt]The Chronicles of a Hopelessly Battered, Bruised and Fallen CRAIGB / BCRAIG[/size]

[size=18pt]10:26 p.m.[/size]

BCraig:

LOL - I am having fun.

You have run out of energy and tricks.

[size=18pt]I am motivated and jovial.[/size]

grin grin grin
Are you sad to discover that you have the worst indicators in the world?

You forgot to read that part?

[size=18pt]10:31 p.m.[/size]

BCraig:

If I were feeling the impact, you'd be happy, knowing your work is done. But look at you. Trying to rise from under the weight of facts.

I asked a question: Worst education indicators globally. - UNESCO.

Did you forget to read about that?

98 percenter.

[size=18pt]I have energy in abundance[/size]. wink

[size=18pt]10:51 p.m.[/size]

BCraig:

Ahahahah! Dreams. Not having fun? smiley

Dont give us mouth-foaming.

I get it plenty and I have posted it.

A naai-gerian talking about filth? [size=18pt]Don't go there if you know what's good for you.[/size] grin

You wont like it very much.

[size=18pt]In less than 30 minutes the id.iot fell off the ring as badly as the pulp he became ... even after my very friendly advice to him!![/size] grin grin grin grin

NaijaPikinGidi:

Nice to see you desperately psyching-up yourself! No one asked if you had energy in abundance or in short supply! We know your pain! We know your current stress levels! It's as low as your measly 33% brain capacity! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Stay positive! You can't afford to run away soon! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Massage away your pains CraigB. You live to try another day! cool cool cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:30am On Aug 14, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:
[size=22pt]The Chronicles of a Hopelessly Battered, Bruised and Fallen CRAIGB / BCRAIG[/size]

[size=18pt]10:26 p.m.[/size]

[size=18pt]10:31 p.m.[/size]

[size=18pt]10:51 p.m.[/size]

[size=18pt]In less than 30 minutes the id.iot fell off the ring as badly as the pulp he became ... even after my very friendly advice to him!![/size] grin grin grin grin

Sleep away your pains CraigB. You live to try another day! cool cool cool cool

Fell off where, Mr chief regurgitator? It''s a work day foôl. I had to work.

I dont see you saying anything worth looking at.

What will you repeat now?

You have nothing to say and are just opening your mouth for the sake of it. No substance. You've even resorted to big font grin

Don't raise your voice. Sharpen your argument.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2013
They say we hide things.

Look at them:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/53666-nigeria-second-most-dangerous-place-to-be-a-journalist-in-africa

Nigeria is the second most dangerous place to be a journalist in Africa after war-torn Somalia, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) said in a report yesterday.
The report said that the country came second in the worst press impunity index in the continent, where five journalists were murdered and their killers went free, the report said.

________

Failed state like Somalia grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Says the world bank about Nigeria:

"It further decried the level of decadence in the country's education system alleging that "At the national level, 60 and 44 percent of students after completing grade 4 and grade 6 respectively, cannot read a complete sentence."

The Breton Woods institution blamed the dismal academic achievements by students on little school autonomy and weak accountability, insufficient teaching and learning resources as well as incompetence on the part of teachers. The report added that poverty had been found to be the dominant factor preventing many children from starting school on time."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307291428.html
_________

Facts. Not dreams.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2013
I've got a flight to catch in a few hours! See you'll as soon as possible! grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Ciao [size=14pt]GraigB[/size] (like your lapdog AwodwaGyanOniwe will call always fondly call you) grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 12:46am On Aug 14, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: I've got a flight to catch in a few hours! See you'll as soon as possible! grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Ciao [size=14pt]GraigB[/size] (like your lapdog AwodwaGyanOniwe will call always fondly call you) grin grin grin

Mohahahah - a flight from Braamfrontein to Hillbrow?

Sure, dude.

Run, Pigoon! Run!

___

You don't even know not to type you'll? And what is this: (like your lapdog AwodwaGyanOniwe will call always fondly call you)? shocked shocked

_____

Flustered much? Or is it the 98% taking over !! grin grin

Undeniable facts, my china. Undeniable. Are you gonna go kill a few journos now?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 14, 2013
These stats below are really shocking

A. Basic education: Low enrolment
and low quality teachers
10.5 million Nigerian children of
school-going age are not attending
school – highest in the world.
Source: Education For All (EFA)
Global Monitoring Report 2012.
(Introduction of EFA goal of one-
year Early Childhood Care and
Education – three years in Sweden
– is unlikely to happen soon).
According to the World Economic
Forum’s Global Competitiveness
Report Index, 2011-2012, Nigeria
was ranked 140th out of 144
countries in primary education
enrolment.
“National Planning Minister,
Shamsuden Usman, said two years
ago… that Northern Nigeria
harboured the highest number of
school-age children in the world
that were out of school”. Source:
Punch, October 16, 2012
Enrolment of children into schools
is as low as 12.0% in some states.
Source: Leadership (Abuja),
11/09/2012
6 million of 36 million girls out of
school world-wide are Nigerians.
Nigeria is one of the few countries
in the world that has had to launch
a boy-child education campaign –
launched by the Federal
government in the South-east in
June 2012
In 2008, Kwara State tested 19,125
teachers in Primary Four
Mathematics… Only seven teachers
attained the minimum benchmark
for the test in Mathematics. Only
one of 2,628 teachers with degree
passed the test; 10 graduates
scored zero. The literacy
assessment recorded only 1.2 per
cent pass. Source: The Nation ,
August 30th 2012

www.emotanafricana.com/2013/01/26/education-sector-in-crisis-evidence-causes-and-possible-remedies-ladipo-adamolekun/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 14, 2013
B. Secondary education: students’
poor performance records
The following are the percentages
of students who obtained five
credits, including English and
Mathematics in the May/June
WAEC over the last five years: 23%
(2008), 26% (2009), 24% (2010),
31% in 2011 and 39% in 2012.
Regarding NECO, failure rate was
98% in 2008, 88% in 2009, 89% in
2010, 92% in 2011, and 68% in
Percentage of students who scored
200 and above (out of 400 total) in
JAMB in the last four years ranged
between 36% (2010) and 46%
(2009) – overall average of 42%. In
2012, only 3 of 1,503,93 candidates
scored above 300 and only 5%
scored 250 and above
“The single biggest problem [in
Nigerian universities] is the
abysmal quality of the intake; the
vast majority of my students barely
know their grammar, never mind
the poor quality of their
knowledge”. Source: Mohammed
Haruna, in reference to his part-
time teaching experience in a first-
generation university (teaching
Journalism), The Nation ,
November 28th 2012
According to the World Economic
Forum’s Global Competitiveness
Report Index, 2011-2012, Nigeria
was ranked 120th out of 144 in
secondary education enrolment.

www.emotanafricana.com/2013/01/26/education-sector-in-crisis-evidence-causes-and-possible-remedies-ladipo-adamolekun/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2013
C. Universities: some specifics on
decline
· “The most ridiculous indication
of the rot in our universities was
the recent reported dismissal of
three graduates of the Enugu
State University of Science and
Technology from the National
Youth Service Corps scheme for
falling below the standard
expected of graduates.” (The
university is reported to have
declared “an academic
emergency”
Source: Punch, Editorial, December
14th 2012
“…Nigeria’s university system is
in crisis of manpower (italics
and bold added). Instead of having
no less than 80% of the academics
with PhDs, only 43% are PhD
holders while the remaining 57%
are not. And instead of 75% of the
academics to be between Senior
Lecturers and Professors, only
about 44% are within the bracket
while the remaining 56% are not.
The staff mix in some universities is
alarming…Kano State University,
Wudil [established in 2001] has
only one professor and 25 PhDs”.
Source: Committee on Needs
Assessment of Nigerian Public
Universities. Main Report (2012)
Almost all the universities are over-
staffed with non-teaching staff: in
many universities, the number of
non-teaching staff doubles, triples
or quadruples that of teaching
staff; and in some, the number of
senior administrative staff alone is
more than the total number of
teaching staff. Source: ibid.
“There is an average of 4
abandoned projects per university
in Nigeria” – with negative
consequences for classrooms,
laboratories, students’ hostels, and
staff accommodation. Poor
infrastructure adversely affects
teaching, research, learning and
students’ health and safety. Source:
ibid.
Minister decries lack of Nigerian
academic journals [that are cited]
abroad. Source: The Nation ,
September 6th 2012
There are 75,000 Nigerian students
in Ghana who pay not less than
N160 billion as tuition alone
annually, compared with the
annual budget of N121 billion for
the entire federal universities in
Nigeria. Source: The Sun,
September 20th, 2012.
In 2010, Nigerian students spend
about N246 billion in tertiary
institutions in UK, more than 60%
of education sector budget in 2012.
Source, Vanguard , June 7th 2012
Universities do not have adequate
supply of PhDs but PhD holders
seek graduate-level positions and
some compete to be truck drivers.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 2:51am On Aug 14, 2013
oh, oh!

Boko strikes again.

http://www.voanews.com/content/despite-army-operations-no-letup-in-nigerian-militant-attacks/1729036.html

Some military, this. SMH

This is a 98% failure rate military.

No missions outside Naai-geria for this military.

______

ABUJA — Reports are circulating that militants killed dozens of people in northeastern Nigeria during the weekend, most of whom were praying at a mosque. Some analysts said the insurgent group Boko Haram could be trying to warn civilians not to cooperate with authorities.

Locals say men in fatigues, but not Nigerian soldiers, attacked a mosque early Sunday in the town of Kanduga as people were praying. The reports said at least 44 people were killed. Locals said another attack in the village of Ngom killed at least 12. Officials confirmed the attacks happened outside of Maidguri, the original home of Boko Haram, but did not say how many people were killed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 2:56am On Aug 14, 2013
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/56-killed-in-Nigeria-Boko-Haram-raid/-/1066/1947040/-/rp9ilsz/-/index.html

_______

56 killed in Nigeria Boko Haram raid

Kano, Nigeria, Tuesday

Suspected Islamist extremists have stormed a mosque and shot dead 44 worshippers as well as 12 other people in a nearby village in Nigeria’s restive northeast, officials said Monday.
The attacks at the weekend were believed to be in revenge over citizen vigilante groups forming to help the military battle Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, which has been waging an insurgency since 2009.
“Gunmen believed to be Boko Haram members entered the mosque and opened fire on Muslim worshippers, killing 44,” a senior government official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak publicly of the attack in Konduga on Sunday.

“We believe the attack was not unconnected with the cooperation residents are giving to security operatives in identifying and arresting Boko Haram members in their midst.”
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 3:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Oh, oh!

We have killed countless soldiers and we are going to kill more,” Shekau says on the video in his native Hausa language.

Our strength and firepower has surpassed that of Nigeria… We can now comfortably confront the United States of America.”

See what Mr Seleka's tribesman has to say?

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2013/0813/Boko-Haram-appears-to-take-new-tactic-kill-Muslims-as-they-pray
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 3:04am On Aug 14, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

The military and police have certainly been challenged. On Aug. 4, the military said two soldiers and one police officer had been killed when Boko Haram members attacked a military base and police post in Bama, a town in Borno. But over the weekend, they admitted that actually 12 soldiers and 7 police officers had been killed. The government says it has initiated an amnesty program to allow militants to return to their homes and it pardoned a group of women and children found at captured Boko Haram bases. The children said they had been given as little as 5,000 Naira ($31) to set fire to schools in the northeast.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/08/13/nigerias-boko-haram-terrorist-group-launches-brazen-attack-challenges-obama/#ixzz2buAu6uPy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 3:08am On Aug 14, 2013
Boko attacked the Naai-gerian military and seized their uniforms.

I quote:

The attackers wore military uniforms, officials say, which they may have taken during recent attacks on a barracks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23689074

See crying Naai-gerian soldier below. cry

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2013

[size=16pt]nigerian army k.ills 2 b.oko h.aram commanders in gun battle

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-kill-two-bharam-commanders-arrest-six-military/[/size]

the photo of the crying soldier posted by a south african piglet here is NOT nigerian, the uniform was cut off...he is more like a south african soldier. any doubt ? let the south africans show us the man's face and full body uniform grin

for the south african fools we have here, military uniforms are sold in black markets all over the world. al qaeda islamic terrorist fighters in afghanistan too can claim that their military uniforms were the ones they siezed from american soldiers when they raided and destroyed and american military base in the videos i posted here 2 weeks ago. fool, use your brain even if its 33% capacity, try 'manage' it like that grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2013
blackchris: South Africa: a nation of dummies
South Africa’s education system is producing a nation of dummies. The country is faring second worst in the world in mathematics and science education, new research by the World Economic Forum shows. By Craig Wilson.
http://www.techcentral.co.za/south-africa-a-nation-of-dummies/39540/

this proves my point as to the kind of dummies CabB and AshawoGang are. grin grin

[size=14pt]South Africa’s education system is producing a nation of dummies. The country is faring second worst in the world in mathematics and science education, new research by the World Economic Forum shows. By Craig Wilson[/size]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Insults by a CraigA or CraigB or CraigZ will not by any chance blunt the sharp facts of South Africa's world recognized 33% educational system!!

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2013
[size=14pt]

@saengine, i am waiting for you, i have details and source weblink of NNS ARADU's fire control radar range, and other missiles information. show your face and i will post it, then i will sink the whole south african navy....you cowards[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.