Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:49 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4480133 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689:

No, they cheer the 3 organizations that cleared up those wars.

Example: nigerian army involvement - 10 years no result

Executive Outcomes (South African) arrive - RUF annihilated, vast swaths of country captured in months peace brought to the land
US Marines Arrive - peace brought to the country in months
British Arrive - peace brought to the country in months.

Nigerias 10 years of combat operations is an example of just how pathetic your armed forces are. 8 Battalions of men, armour, attack aircraft, warships and all it brings you is 10 years of stalemate against a peasant army.

South Africans arrive and instantly defeat RUF with a handfull of men, a couple of attack helo's and some armour that they had to beg borrow or steal.

[size=15pt]Who is better?

The 8000 Nigerian soliders that was unable to defeat RUF in a whole decade... or the couple hundred South Africans who defeated the RUF in months? [/size]

True that
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nigerian women living in SA were saying on CNN that Naaigayrian army is full of COWARDS who run away when Boko Haram comes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin While on eNCA Africa newslink in Nigeria Audure Achumba said the same thing.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689:

No, they cheer the 3 organizations that cleared up those wars.

Example: nigerian army involvement - 10 years no result

Executive Outcomes (South African) arrive - RUF annihilated, vast swaths of country captured in months peace brought to the land
US Marines Arrive - peace brought to the country in months
British Arrive - peace brought to the country in months.

Nigerias 10 years of combat operations is an example of just how pathetic your armed forces are. 8 Battalions of men, armour, attack aircraft, warships and all it brings you is 10 years of stalemate against a peasant army.

South Africans arrive and instantly defeat RUF with a handfull of men, a couple of attack helo's and some armour that they had to beg borrow or steal.

[size=15pt]Who is better?

The 8000 Nigerian soliders that was unable to defeat RUF in a whole decade... or the couple hundred South Africans who defeated the RUF in months? [/size]

Executive outcomes who were busy stealing blood diamonds in sierra-leone.

Lmao!!!!

You back to lying to yourself. Congrats.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/1998/02/sear-f21.html

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Henry120:

Executive outcomes who were busy stealing blood diamonds in sierra-leone.

Lmao!!!!

You back to lying to yourself. Congrats.

Show me where I said they werent. Show me where I lied.

They are mercenaries, they were by definition only in it for the money.

BUT

To get the money they had to defeat RUF

They defeated RUF in months

They did what the Nigerian Army could not do in a decade.

The point still stands.

and btw, your own source shows that EO were not the only mercenaries in town... Nigerians were up to their old tricks:

For Abacha and his cronies, the peace-keeping role has proven a godsend. Just as their regime has robbed Nigeria of staggering amounts of wealth, so too it has managed to turn war into a very profitable business. Nigerian business interests connected with the military have carved out a major role in Liberia and are doubtless pursuing a similar path in Sierra Leone. Others have grown rich through war profiteering, supplying arms, food, fuel and other supplies both to the ECOMOG forces and the various factions in the war-torn West African countries themselves.

lol

I think it is you who is lying to yourself grin grin

"LMAO"

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
excerpts

” In recent years a Nigerian-led intervention force prevented the RUF from taking control of the country,

“Nigerians,besides being perhaps the most effective contingent, were also long-time hosts in Sierra Leone as part of ECOMOG forces”

Raffaele Ciriello, wartime photo journalist in Sierra Leone

” It turned out that the arms themselves
never actually got to the pro-Kabbah
forces: they were impounded by Nigerian troops, who must be credited – along with the pro-government Kamajor militia fighters – for unseating the AFRC and restoring democracy to Sierra Leone.”

http://newafricanmagazine.com/features/politics/our-man-in-sierra-leone

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Henry120:

excerpts

” In recent years a Nigerian-led intervention force prevented the RUF from taking control of the country,

“Nigerians,besides being perhaps the most effective contingent, were also long-time hosts in Sierra Leone as part of ECOMOG forces”

Raffaele Ciriello, wartime photo journalist in Sierra Leone

” It turned out that the arms themselves
never actually got to the pro-Kabbah
forces: they were impounded by Nigerian troops, who must be credited – along with the pro-government Kamajor militia fighters – for unseating the AFRC and restoring democracy to Sierra Leone.”

http://newafricanmagazine.com/features/politics/our-man-in-sierra-leone

Also: Your link is broken

"404 File not found"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689:

Also: Your link is broken

"404 File not found"

The achievements of the nigerian military are not hidden in an internet link.

They are not "404 file not found".

They are found in the fact that sierra-leone and liberia are stable growing democracies.

They are found in the fact that the nigerian army heads the militaries of both countries.

They are found in the fact that nigeria recently sent 850 troops to liberia.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689: And with regards to augubgugugugs argument that "South Africans were the ones who changed the Otomat Wiki page to say Nigeria does not have Otomat Mk2"

lol, no.... the person who wrote most of the page was the one who changed it grin grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Otomat&diff=606614178&oldid=580121071

Yet another argument destroyed.

Nigerian Otomat Mk1 confirmed grin grin

[size=14pt]

I don't care about Wikipedia that any dummy can edit and I don't build my points solely on strange people who write up Wikipedia pages. Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 according to military today expert information from an analyst who does research and is one of America's best military websites.

Nigeria likely has both Otomat Mk 1 and Mk 2 because two batches were delivered and the last delivery of 15 missiles was after Otomat Mk 2 was introduced into the market.

Different sources mention both, so we have to accept Nigeria has both, no source is a lord and master over the others.

Nigerian navy has Otomat Mk 2 missile with 180 km range .

Does not matter which Otomat you quote for Aradu even Mk 1 has longer range than Valour frigate Exocet missile.

NNS Aradu Otomat Mk 1 missile range 80 km

Valout Frigate Exocet MM40 missile range 70 km

NNS Aradu will sink the whole South African navy from 80 km away and South African navy will not be able to reply, they will first be speechless and finally lifeless.

FACT !
[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Henry120:

They are found in the fact that sierra-leone and liberia are stable growing democracies.

They are found in the fact that the nigerian army heads the militaries of both countries.

The "quotes" you are claiming are very much "404 file not found"

Thanks to Britain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_military_intervention_in_the_Sierra_Leone_Civil_War

And America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_Liberia

No, President Ernest Bai Koroma heads Sierra Leones Army (with a Minister of Defence and a Brigadier Gen with a Brig Gen subordinate to him)
And President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf heads the Liberian Army (with a Minister of Defence and a Brig Gen subordinate to him)

Are Bai Koroma and Sirleaf Nigerian?

And so?

We have over a thousand men in Congo, another thousand or so in South Sudan a couple hundred in Mozambique, Burundi and trainers scattered throughout Africa... troop deployments are troop deployments, it means nothing special.

Fact of the matter is that ECOWAS was (and is) a farce and were unable to defeat a motley RUF even with tanks, fighter jets, thousands of men, warships etc etc etc.... you even had to make use of local rebels to fight RUF for you... that is the depths you plumbed.

You are trying to turn humiliation into victory (as usual).

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]

I don't care about Wikipedia that any dummy can edit and I don't build my points solely on strange people who write up Wikipedia pages. Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 according to military today expert information from an analyst who does research and is one of America's best military websites.

Nigeria likely has both Otomat Mk 1 and Mk 2 because two batches were delivered and the last delivery of 15 missiles was after Otomat Mk 2 was introduced into the market.

Different sources mention both, so we have to accept Nigeria has both, no source is a lord and master over the others.

Nigerian navy has Otomat Mk 2 missile with 180 km range .

Does not matter which Otomat you quote for Aradu even Mk 1 has longer range than Valour frigate Exocet missile.

Valout Frigate Exocet MM40 missile range 70 km

NNS Aradu will sink the whole South African navy from 80 km away and South African navy will not be able to reply, they will first be speechless and finally lifeless.

[/size]

No, you only have one source sayinig you have Mk2

I have 6 sources that directly state you have Mk1.

Your only "source" is a website which in your "opinion" is "one of america's best"

My main source is a military journal, published every year, that is critically acclaimed by academics.

Fact: Nigeria only has Mk 1

Show me all your "sources" that say you have Mk2.

Nigeria [size=20pt] likely[/size] has both Otomat Mk 1 and Mk 2 because two batches were delivered and the last delivery of 15 missiles was after Otomat Mk 2 was introduced into the market.

No it does not.

So basically: "in my opinion it is likely"

We dont want likely, we want FACT. Show us FACTS

Multiple sources boy. Not just one sentence from an article that is not even written about the Aradu.

You arent convincing anyone.

no source is a lord and master over the others.

6 sources are lord over 1 source.

Did you not go to university? Are you not academically trained? Are you incapable of an empirical argument?

So you admit you only have Mk 1?

Also:

Wrong. It needs a data-link for that range.

Otomat Mk 1: first model, without data link, 60 km practical range, service from 1976
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

Otomat Mk1: Unassisted range 35NM (64.2km)
http://www.harpoondatabases.com/encyclopedia/Entry2348.aspx

Conclusion: Aradu Otomats only have a 60km range

You have no data-link so the max range is unattainable for you (if your missiles were even fitted with data-link capabilities at all). If you want to claim 80km then show us:

1. Aradu has a data-link
2. Your missiles were fitted with data-link compatible hardware.

Our SSM's outrange yours. And we can shoot them all down with ease.

Finally, you dont even have a ship to fire them - Aradu is not operational

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689:

No, you only have one source sayinig you have Mk2

I have 6 sources that directly state you have Mk1

Fact: Nigeria only has Mk 1

Show me all your "sources" that say you have Mk2.

So you admit you only have Mk 1?

Also:

Wrong. It needs a data-link for that range.

Otomat Mk 1: first model, without data link, 60 km practical range, service from 1976
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

Otomat Mk1: Unassisted range 35NM (64.2km)
http://www.harpoondatabases.com/encyclopedia/Entry2348.aspx

Conclusion: Aradu Otomats only have a 60km range

You have no data-link so the max range is unattainable for you (if your missiles were even fitted with data-link capabilities at all). If you want to claim 80km then show us:

1. Aradu has a data-link
2. Your missiles were fitted with data-link compatible hardware.

Our SSM's outrange yours. And we can shoot them all down with ease.

You have cataract blocking your eyes? Read my post again, I said Nigeria has both Otomat Mk 1 and Mk 2 since different sources claim both and there were two separate deliveries of Otomat missiles to Nigerian navy, 25 missiles delivered after Mk 1 entered market and 15 missiles after Mk 2 entered market.

No source is superior to the other, even SIPRI has been proved to make many mistakes about Nigerian weapons. Does not matter how many sources mention Mk 1 or Mk 2, and you don't have 6 credible sources. SIPRI is just one, Harpoon database and the Spanish website are the same as Harpoon copies the Spanish website, I brought those two websites to this forum not you, so I know their content is copy and paste of each other. Your 4th source is Facebook and only dummies will use Facebook as a valid military source, I too can open a new Facebook page for NNS Aradu and quote Otomat Mk 2 there, how about that? Your 5th source is Wikipedia and it is unreliable, last year it said Mk 2 then this year an unknown person changed it to Mk 1 so how do we trust it? I can go open Wikipedia now and change it to Mk 2 and quote Military Today website as my citation/source, how about that? Your 6th source is Naval Institute, a book that is old and never gets updated after it is printed and goes to market for sale, the pages you posted are old and outdated paper pages copied by google and uploaded. If SIPRI was a paper book sold to street buyers it will forever show that Nigeria has Su-25 Frogfoot jets delivered in 2013.

ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE HEREBY DEMOLISHED.

As long as I have a world respected source saying Mk 2, my argument stands until Nigerian navy makes public declaration to the contrary.

OTOMAT MK 1 RANGE IS 80 KM

EXOCET MM40 RANGE IS 70 KM

Quote any Otomat Mk 1 or Mk 2, NNS Aradu has superior missile range over all South African navy warships. Fact !

Many modern missiles have data link inbuilt and linked to the launcher, data link is what a lot of long range missiles use to communicate with launch ship or aircraft.

Otomat Mk1 does not have data link for 3rd party communication with a helicopter, but has data link for 2nd party communication with the launcher warship as a long range missile.

Every country that has modern long range missiles has data links, it is nothing special. Don't fool yourself thinking data links exist only in South Africa, you must be grossly in.sane grin

You half brained South Africans should stop confusing weapon to launcher inbuilt data links with a country's armed forces inter- force communication data link for passing around information within their armed forces. They are two different things you dumbos don't know in your ANC prison yards. Fools grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
patches689:
Finally, you dont even have a ship to fire them - [b]Aradu is not operational

Show us proof that NNS Aradu is not operational as at today July 2014. Is a heavily armed frigate-destroyer supposed to be chasing pirates in gulf of Guinea? Why didn't your Valour frigates catch all pirates raiding SADC region around South African oceans?

Aradu has no war to fight and no work to do, she is NOT a patrol ship or OPV, so she was in reserve. Age makes her due for mid-life upgrade like NNS Thunder is much older than Aradu and so Thunder went through same process of mid life upgrade by US coast guards.

Aradu is in 2014 Nigerian navy published schedule list for full mid life refit and that is a standard proceedure for standard navy establishments worldwide, so Nigerian navy is not an exception. Most Nigerian warships you think are not operational are all now fully refitted and fully operational, yet the 2012 and 2013 information on all foreign websites still say they are not operational and may never operate again, yet those ships are now back in full force, NNS Siri and NNS Ekun are two such warships that exercised with Chinese navy frigates in Nigeria few weeks ago.

Around April a journalist asked the Navy Admiral commanding the fleet about the Aradu which the journalist claimed was grounded according to his own outdated information. The Admiral updated him immediately that Experts were already working on Aradu, nobody ever knew that fact until disclosed, and few weeks after that statement, NNS Aradu surprisingly sailed out of naval base to an undisclosed destination last month June.

Show us proof that NNS Aradu cannot fire it's 80 km range Otomat Mk1 and 180 km range Mk 2 missiles. Your opinion =/= Fact of today.

Go kiss a frog and tell your fairy tales to poorly informed people like yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
agaugust:

Show us proof that NNS Aradu is not operational as at today July 2014. Is a heavily armed frigate-destroyer supposed to be chasing pirates in gulf of Guinea? Why didn't your Valour frigates catch all pirates raiding SADC region around South African oceans?

Aradu has no war to fight and no work to do, she is NOT a patrol ship or OPV, so she was in reserve. Age makes her due for mid-life upgrade like NNS Thunder is much older than Aradu and so Thunder went through same process of mid life upgrade by US coast guards.

Aradu is in 2014 Nigerian navy published schedule list for full mid life refit and that is a standard proceedure for standard navy establishments worldwide, so Nigerian navy is not an exception. Most Nigerian warships you think are not operational are all now fully refitted and fully operational, yet the 2012 and 2013 information on all foreign websites still say they are not operational and may never operate again, yet those ships are now back in full force, NNS Siri and NNS Ekun are two such warships that exercised with Chinese navy frigates in Nigeria few weeks ago.

Around April a journalist asked the Navy Admiral commanding the fleet about the Aradu which the journalist claimed was grounded according to his own outdated information. The Admiral updated him immediately that Experts were already working on Aradu, nobody ever knew that fact until disclosed, and few weeks after that statement, NNS Aradu surprisingly sailed out of naval base to an undisclosed destination last month June.

Show us proof that NNS Aradu cannot fire it's 80 km range Otomat Mk1 and 180 km range Mk 2 missiles. Your opinion =/= Fact of today.

Go kiss a frog and tell your fairy tales to poorly informed people like yourself.

There is no need for proving what you have already written. Before there could be any down signal on the forum you have written that Arandu was heading to an unknown destination for upgrades.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
agaugust:

You have cataract blocking your eyes? Read my post again, I said Nigeria has both Otomat Mk 1 and Mk 2 since different sources claim both and there were two separate deliveries of Otomat missiles to Nigerian navy, 25 missiles delivered after Mk 1 entered market and 15 missiles after Mk 2 entered market.

No source is superior to the other, even SIPRI has been proved to make many mistakes about Nigerian weapons. Does not matter how many sources mention Mk 1 or Mk 2, and you don't have 6 credible sources. SIPRI is just one, Harpoon database and the Spanish website are the same as Harpoon copies the Spanish website, I brought those two websites to this forum not you, so I know their content is copy and paste of each other. Your 4th source is Facebook and only dummies will use Facebook as a valid military source, I too can open a new Facebook page for NNS Aradu and quote Otomat Mk 2 there, how about that? Your 5th source is Wikipedia and it is unreliable, last year it said Mk 2 then this year an unknown person changed it to Mk 1 so how do we trust it? I can go open Wikipedia now and change it to Mk 2 and quote Military Today website as my citation/source, how about that? Your 6th source is Naval Institute, a book that is old and never gets updated after it is printed and goes to market for sale, the pages you posted are old and outdated paper pages copied by google and uploaded. If SIPRI was a paper book sold to street buyers it will forever show that Nigeria has Su-25 Frogfoot jets delivered in 2013.

ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE HEREBY DEMOLISHED.

As long as I have a world respected source saying Mk 2, my argument stands until Nigerian navy makes public declaration to the contrary.

OTOMAT MK 1 RANGE IS 80 KM

EXOCET MM40 RANGE IS 70 KM

Quote any Otomat Mk 1 or Mk 2, NNS Aradu has superior missile range over all South African navy warships. Fact !

Many modern missiles have data link inbuilt and linked to the launcher, data link is what a lot of long range missiles use to communicate with launch ship or aircraft.

Otomat Mk1 does not have data link for 3rd party communication with a helicopter, but has data link for 2nd party communication with the launcher warship as a long range missile.

Every country that has modern long range missiles has data links, it is nothing special. Don't fool yourself thinking data links exist only in South Africa, you must be grossly in.sane grin

You half brained South Africans should stop confusing weapon to launcher inbuilt data links with a country's armed forces inter- force communication data link for passing around information within their armed forces. They are two different things you dumbos don't know in your ANC prison yards. Fools grin

Otomat MK1 range is 60KM. Fact!! Anything other than the above proven facts is lies.

Moreover, Nigeria does not have MK2, finish and klaar.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Operation dey shele for here ... After the last one, another one fit happen soon. Make una shield una self. Fishermen go dey spread dem net until we find all the fish wey get rotten belle. Hole plenty for this wall.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi: Operation dey shele for here ... After the last one, another one fit happen soon. Make una shield una self. Fishermen go dey spread dem net until we find all the fish wey get rotten belle. Hole plenty for this wall.

Coded?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fighter Pilot:

Otomat MK1 range is 60KM. Fact!! Anything other than the above proven facts is lies.

Moreover, Nigeria does not have MK2, finish and klaar.

You need to go delete Military Today website or call in a hacker to edit it for you, it says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 and that fact remains a torment for South Africans. FACT !!

Otomat Mk 1 has two different operation modes and two different ranges, mode one range is 64 km and mode two range is over 80 km.

It is written inside the source used by @Patches and he is just pretending not to see it, he posts the 64 km and cuts off the 80 km part of the information details.

I also posted it here last year, that's why I did not repeat it, just waiting to see if you SA mofos would be honest enough to say you saw it there...or else I will post it myself.

Nigerian navy has 40 units Otomat anti-ship missiles with ranges 80 km to 180 km.

South Africa's half impotent 'Blue water' navy has 13 units Exocet anti-ship missiles with range of only 70 km.

Nigerian navy warships will sink ALL the weak warships South African navy is boasting about. FACT !!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
agaugust:
You need to go delete Military Today website or call in a hacker to edit it for you, it says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 and that fact remains a torment for South Africans. FACT !!
Otomat Mk 1 has two different operation modes and two different ranges, mode one range is 64 km and mode two range is over 80 km.
It is written inside the source used by @Patches and he is just pretending not to see it, he posts the 64 km and cuts off the 80 km part of the information details.
I also posted it here last year, that's why I did not repeat it, just waiting to see if you SA mofos would be honest enough to say you saw it there...or else I will post it myself.
Nigerian navy has 40 units Otomat anti-ship missiles with ranges 80 km to 180 km.
South Africa's half impotent 'Blue water' navy has 13 units Exocet anti-ship missiles with range of only 70 km.
Nigerian navy warships will sink ALL the weak warships South African navy is boasting about. FACT !!

That source was written by someone who was misled to believe Nigeria has MK2 by probably wikipedia at the time it was not corrected. Now the writer would be ashamed to learn that infact Nigeria does not have MK2 as he previously thought. Fact!! Nigeria does not have Otomat MK2 variant.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fighter Pilot:

That source was written by someone who was misled to believe Nigeria has MK2 by probably wikipedia at the time it was not corrected. Now the writer would be ashamed to learn that infact Nigeria does not have MK2 as he previously thought. Fact!! Nigeria does not have Otomat MK2 variant.

No way ! Military today's expert analyst was NOT misled by Wikipedia, his own source is different and nothing in his webpage relates to Wikipedia, his page was dedicated to Aradu Class warship Almirante Brown and he was saying things you cannot even find on Wikipedia, his source is unique and says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 missile....FACT!

Even Otomat Mk 1 has over 80 km range and Aradu beats Valour frigate Exocet missile 70 km range, so no matter which of our two Otomat versions we decide to use to K.ill South Africa's unfortunate navy, your warships d.eath will be sudden and final.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:26am On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

Coded?

cool Very.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

No way ! Military today's expert analyst was NOT misled by Wikipedia, his own source is different and nothing in his webpage relates to Wikipedia, his page was dedicated to Aradu Class warship Almirante Brown and he was saying things you cannot even find on Wikipedia, his source is unique and says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 missile....FACT!

Even Otomat Mk 1 has over 80 km range and Aradu beats Valour frigate Exocet missile 70 km range, so no matter which of our two Otomat versions we decide to use to K.ill South Africa's unfortunate navy, your warships d.eath will be sudden and final.

Otomat MK1 has a range of 60Km, unless you are suffering from a defect of the brain as a result of the screw that was not tightened well.

Stupid, the writer was doing a misinfomed research on MEKO class which both Argentina and Nigeria have. He probably consulted wikipedia which was wrong at the time to compare the armaments of both frigates and was completely thrown into the bush by the source.

Nigeria does not have Otomat MK2, that is merely a claim unsupported by many sources. Fact!!! Nigeria posesses psedo-Otomat MK2.

http://www.navypedia.org/naval_balance/nigeria.htm

http://archive.today/qUExe

http://beegeagle./2014/06/04/nigerian-navy-chinese-pla-navy-conduct-joint-sea-training-exercise-in-lagos/

http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShip?ID=398
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2014
EVERY MONTH IGBO MEN ARE ARRESTED IN SOUTH AFRICA. Whats up with the FLAT HEADS/REFUSE SLAVES (quoted from Atlantic Slave trade, white slavers noted the Igbo men were USELESS AND LAZY, SUICIDAL AND LIARS, they refused buying these out of all Africans they preferred Africans from other regions)

FLAT HEAD DOING CRIME AGAIN. cheesy grin grin grin grin
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-04/trio-arrested-over-house-scam-in-wa/5571662
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2014
On MAN TO MAN FIST FIGHTING Naaigayrians are WEAK. I have seen Naaigayrian FLAT HEAD CAGE FIGHTERS DYING after fights. Their disadvantage is their FLAT HEADS and again fighting isn't about size but BRAVE HEART, being able to give and take PAIN just like SHAKA ZULU ( 2m tall warrior). grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Again I contacted my HISTORY BOOKS and realised that history shows that Naaigayrians weren't hardy s[b]laves but "REFUSE SLAVES" as one British slaver said. Lourens quoted. For hard labour they preferred hardy Akan, Sene-Gambians,Angola/Congolese and few Yorubas, while they refused to buy LAZY IGBO MEN "REFUSE SLAVES".

Angola/Congolese were known for revolution and fighting back against slavers and were good slaves and known for STAMINA AND RESILIENCE. That resilience is seen today in CAGE FIGHTING. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Like their blood cousins in RSA, Zim,ZAMBIA etc.. theyr WARRIORS by nature.[/b] grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 8:51am On Jul 04, 2014
@Henry120,Agaust,Naijapikidi
FLAT HEAD COWARDS who run away from Boko Haram we know the latest AFRICAN ARMY RANKINGS and know Naaigayrian army is DOWN THERE.

SOUTH AFRICANS CAN ONLY TALK WARFARE WITH NORTH AFRICANS AND EAST AFRICANS NOT "COWARDS WHO WERE SHIPPED TO THE NEW WORLD".
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

DON'T MAKE US PULL OUT DIFFERENT SOURCES PROVING THIS. Again everyday on CNN, BBC,eNCA,SABC we see Naaigayrian civilians saying the Naaigayrian army RUN AWAY when they see Boko Haram.

Their women living in SA said LIVE ON TV that their army are COWARDS. grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[b]Big mouth COWARDS, even their SOMNAMBULIST/SLEEP WALKING president is a COWARD.[/b] wink cheesy grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2014
KONGO KINGDOM, we know first Afro New Yorkers under Dutch, Surinamese,Curacaoans were mainly from ANGOLA-CONGO. Even today we see Kongolese in Holland sports.

19 year old Dutch world cup team member Terence Kongolo.

ONCE AGAIN THANK THE PROFESSOR FOR FREE HISTORY CLASS. grin grin grin grin grin grin Mahala class...FLAT HEADS/PLAAT KOPPE tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:06am On Jul 04, 2014
US general Mark Welsh says Nigerian soldiers are cowards.

http://www.quicknews-africa.net/boko-haram-nigerian-soldiers-are-cowards-us-general/

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2014
^^^^^^COWARD NAAIGAYRIANS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2014
[b]Boko Haram: Nigerian Soldiers are cowards – US General
MAY 17, 2014 10:34 AM0 COMMENTSVIEWS: 87

US Air Force Gen Welsh 111
US Air Force Gen Welsh 111
The United States has said that the Nigerian military is becoming afraid of engaging the Boko Haram insurgents.

Testifying on Thursday before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, the US Air Force Chief of staff, Gen. Mark Welsh III, said, “We’re now looking at a military force that is, quite frankly, becoming afraid to even engage. The United States doesn’t have the capacity, the capability to go rescue every kidnapped person around the world.”

The New York Times reported that the US might choose to minimise its involvement in the search for the over 200 schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram due to doubts over Nigeria’s military capabilities.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the US had questioned the ability of the Nigerian military to rescue the girls even with international help.

The Pentagon’s Principal Director for African Affairs, Alice Friend, also said, “The Nigerian military has the same challenges with corruption that every other institution in Nigeria does. Much of the funding that goes to the Nigerian military is skimmed off the top, if you will.”

US officials have also said that its involvement had also been made difficult because Nigerian officials ignored past warnings to soften brutal tactics that only fuelled the Boko Haram’s insurgency.

At Thursday’s Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, officials condemned the kidnappings and committed American aid to help rescue the girls. But they also expressed frustration at Nigeria’s political and military leaders for failing to heed Washington’s warnings about the extremist group.

“We have been urging Nigeria to reform its approach to Boko Haram,” Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Robert Jackson, said.

He added, “From our own difficult experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq, we know that turning the tide of an insurgency requires more than force. The state must demonstrate to its citizens that it can protect them and offer them opportunity. When soldiers destroy towns, kill civilians and detain innocent people with impunity, mistrust takes root.”

A retired Head of the US military’s Africa Command, Gen. Carter Ham, said, “My sense is that US Government will remain in a supporting role to Nigeria. I do not think the U.S.G. will seek unilateral action.”

The size of the Sambisa Forest is also believed to make the search for the girls difficult.

“We are basically searching for these girls in an area that’s roughly the size of West Virginia, so it’s a tough challenge, to be sure,” state Department spokesman, Marie Harf, said on Thursday.[/b]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2014
@Fighterpilot
Theyr only BIG MOUTHS here on this thread, we know Boko Haram RUNS THE STREETS OF NAAIGAYRIA.

AS I SAID WE WHO WATCH BBC, CNN,eNCA,AL JAZEERA SEE CIVILIANS SAYING THE "Naaigayrian army was here they RAN AWAY when they saw Boko Haram".
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
even eNCA reporter Achumba (employed by SA channel) said so...

RUN MOTHERFVC KERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014
^^^^^Its just a ZEBRA NOT BOKO HARAM OOOOO. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss

Once again HISTORY is repeating itself those/west who ENSLAVED Naaigayrians are called to fight against BH because Naaigayria is still WEAK. grin grin grin grin grin Anyway Europeans left west Africa on their own will, they saw that region is a HOT SH8THOLE. Built first infrastructure and discovered oil and gas in Naaigayria and bleeped off, controllled oil business from the WEST. While using the FEW called billionaires (BANK in the WEST) to oversee things. Just like during ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE, House negroes (socalled billionaires whose mission is wipe masters balls and keep his interests) while Field Negroes Naaigayrian masses suffer. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I find it strange that POOR Naaigayrian bragg about these few oil millionaires and billionaires....Hungry bum baba

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chigoeze: 10:02am On Jul 04, 2014
kwame tut: ^^^^^Its just a ZEBRA NOT BOKO HARAM OOOOO. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss

Once again HISTORY is repeating itself those/west who ENSLAVED Naaigayrians are called to fight against BH because Naaigayria is still WEAK. grin grin grin grin grin Anyway Europeans left west Africa on their own will, they saw that region is a HOT SH8THOLE. Built first infrastructure and discovered oil and gas in Naaigayria and bleeped off, controllled oil business from the WEST. While using the FEW called billionaires (BANK in the WEST) to oversee things. Just like during ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE, House negroes (socalled billionaires whose mission is wipe masters balls and keep his interests) while Field Negroes Naaigayrian masses suffer. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I find it strange that POOR Naaigayrian bragg about these few oil millionaires and billionaires....Hungry bum baba

dude u really need t chill nd overcome this near emotional breakdown... ure really butthurt by Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.