Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,851 members, 7,945,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (35175 Views)

SARS Operatives In Mufti Pose With Their Rifles, Come Under Fire After / Man Narrates His Ordeal In The Hands Of SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) / Armed Robbers Nabbed After Shootout With SARS Operatives In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Handsomebeing(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2017
Useless people
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Skmoda360(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2017
Nightingale99:
A bunch of retard thieving bastards. I don't understand why our government choose to turn a blind eye to this glaring evil and societal menace called SARS. I make bold to say the idea of having an elite squad for combating crime is laudable but trust Naija we don't go the extra mile to ensure there are checks and balances in the system to avoid abuse of power.

SARS in its current form is plain Evil and should be disbanded immediately.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by robosky02(m): 11:40am On Nov 04, 2017
ok so SARS is now dreaded
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Themandator: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2017
onward4life:
Sars means blood spiller in SWAHILI!

Those guys seems to operate outside the ambit of the laws except those in Calabar... Very civil.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Funkybabee(f): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2017
May God save us in this country

In other news...do u wish to earn dollars by completing small task

.check my signature
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Olayinka777(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2017
The guy should count himself lucky that the guy even agreed to talk to the AVM.
Some of them would ignore u when u tell them someone want to talk to them on the phone.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by homehunters(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2017
I totally support the call for then to be disbanded have u seen how these guy look, they are pure armed robbers in black .they take all kind if substance and they call themself security operative shame. What a country
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by udemzyudex(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2017
What do you expect even the IGP is wanted by NASS, when the oga pata pata is corrupt, what do u expect?
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by MahatmaGhandi: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A Nigerian man has revealed his disappointment with operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) after his encounter with them yesterday in Lagos. The young man also revealed how he and his visiting friend were saved after putting a call to an Air Vice Marshall after their "illegal arrest". Read what Simon Utsu shared on Facebook.

Of recent, I've read zillions of narratives about the way the men of the Special Armed Robbery Squad(SARS) have been operating with reckless abandon and impunity. How they've turned a once respected unit of the Nigeria Police Force to a bandit of sophisticated armed robbers, assassins, ritualists, rapists etc. Never did I envisage I would/could fall into their 'trap'.

An old and very close friend of mine came visiting yesterday. At about 11:30pm, we stepped out to get some takeaway somewhere in Lagos, a stone's throw from where I'm putting up. We had done that and were on our way home when dangerous looking SARS operatives operating with a commercial bus (Danfo) cornered us gestapo style, pointed assault rifles at us and commanded us to get in. I and my friend did so albeit with a degree of reluctance. In the bus, there were so many people wailing and begging to be let go. I'm sure 90% of them were innocent 'wanderers'.

A young lad in that vehicle was even crying about how he was heading home from a late church program, the innocence in his voice was palpable. So much and so little raced through my head. I had heard lots of stuff about them and braced myself for the worst even though I knew they weren't going to take I and my friend far- my good ol' friend was there of course!

He brought out his phone to put a call across to his elder brother but discovered he was out of call credit. My blackberry was off but luckily for me, my smaller phone was still on.

He dialled the number on my phone and after explaining briefly to his brother, he tapped the closest policeman to us and told him he would like him to speak to his elder brother, who is an Air Vice Marshall(Major General equivalent). That was our 'saving grace'.

The policeman in a bid to exonerate himself and his team, lied to the AVM that we arrested because we were caught in a red-light zone. Needless to say, we were immediately let off the hook.

‎I'm now of the opinion that SARS should be disbanded asap. The deadly looking guys I saw yesterday don't deserve ‎to serve as law enforcement officers; they would operate better as assassins or armed robbers. Save for the intervention of a senior military officer, I would have been coughing out a non-refundable 50,000 Naira(minimum) 'bail bond' today.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/young-man-shares-encounter-dreaded-sars-operatives-lagos.html

Once respectsd indeed. I can't remember any time when the police deserved respect though

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2017
What y'all do not understand is that, the government is scared of any uprising from citizens, so they purposefully set up that militia arm of the Police called SARS to kill, maim and intimidate citizens to submission and docility.

Who do you report to, when the Government herself is a pack of cards ?

When you meet them, try as much as possible to remain calm and be nice to them. Some of these policemen on the road are mentally damaged cos their conditions of living is worst than that of an average area boy. I try as much as possible to stop by when I see them and offer them assistance cos I know they are also victims of a system who uses them to kill, maim and intimidate the citizens.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by enyi1: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A Nigerian man has revealed his disappointment with operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) after his encounter with them yesterday in Lagos. The young man also revealed how he and his visiting friend were saved after putting a call to an Air Vice Marshall after their "illegal arrest". Read what Simon Utsu shared on Facebook.

Of recent, I've read zillions of narratives about the way the men of the Special Armed Robbery Squad(SARS) have been operating with reckless abandon and impunity. How they've turned a once respected unit of the Nigeria Police Force to a bandit of sophisticated armed robbers, assassins, ritualists, rapists etc. Never did I envisage I would/could fall into their 'trap'.

An old and very close friend of mine came visiting yesterday. At about 11:30pm, we stepped out to get some takeaway somewhere in Lagos, a stone's throw from where I'm putting up. We had done that and were on our way home when dangerous looking SARS operatives operating with a commercial bus (Danfo) cornered us gestapo style, pointed assault rifles at us and commanded us to get in. I and my friend did so albeit with a degree of reluctance. In the bus, there were so many people wailing and begging to be let go. I'm sure 90% of them were innocent 'wanderers'.

A young lad in that vehicle was even crying about how he was heading home from a late church program, the innocence in his voice was palpable. So much and so little raced through my head. I had heard lots of stuff about them and braced myself for the worst even though I knew they weren't going to take I and my friend far- my good ol' friend was there of course!

He brought out his phone to put a call across to his elder brother but discovered he was out of call credit. My blackberry was off but luckily for me, my smaller phone was still on.

He dialled the number on my phone and after explaining briefly to his brother, he tapped the closest policeman to us and told him he would like him to speak to his elder brother, who is an Air Vice Marshall(Major General equivalent). That was our 'saving grace'.

The policeman in a bid to exonerate himself and his team, lied to the AVM that we arrested because we were caught in a red-light zone. Needless to say, we were immediately let off the hook.

‎I'm now of the opinion that SARS should be disbanded asap. The deadly looking guys I saw yesterday don't deserve ‎to serve as law enforcement officers; they would operate better as assassins or armed robbers. Save for the intervention of a senior military officer, I would have been coughing out a non-refundable 50,000 Naira(minimum) 'bail bond' today.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/young-man-shares-encounter-dreaded-sars-operatives-lagos.html

Na Godwin!
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by hooklover: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
Very true I once meet them close to gra junction while I was heading to club at 11pm.They crossed my car in commando style.
2guys in the car. I and my friend.
They asked who I am I told them..
I told them I was going to club.
Showed them my ID. Yet they were insisting I follow them I told them never.
I told them I know the OC SARS in rivers state and I can place call to him now. I told him d names of all their officer in Mopol 19 with rank to the police doctors.The guys saw I knew police very well he ask how I take know dry and many na hausa way I sabi from kaduna and posted to PH, some we drink beer together.

Wen den say my pattern change with boldness they left me. They follow me go drink. u need to c people looking at us thinking I was arrested after some bottles they left exchanged numbers.....
We still talk on phone.....

In Nigeria if u don't know any top folks police will use u to play table tennis. They only respect title.Try know titled or top uniformed man today for ur own good. It helps

13 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by YelloweWest: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
Everyone seems to be complaining about sars.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by cooldude62(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Wandering is an offence my brother�.
They can't be disbanded bro. They are really combatting crime. Just be cautious of how you move at odd hours. What if you were thieves? They are really working, howbeit irresponsibly at times.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by danchuzzy(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
I thought these SARS only operate this way in Port Harcourt and its environs!!!

Na wah ooooo...

Meanwhile, fellow Nairalanders, please join vote this article on "Ending Malaria for Good"

Thanks fam!
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by abiolag(m): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nightingale99:
A bunch of thieving bastards. I don't understand why our government choose to turn a blind eye to this glaring evil and societal menace called SARS. I make bold to say the idea of having an elite squad for combating crime is laudable but trust Naija we don't go the extra mile to ensure there are checks and balances in the system to avoid abuse of power.

seconded
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Jimmy231: 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
waiting come do him teeth
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by DONFASZY(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Young Nigerians should protest against them all ova lagos with a chooosen date
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by aku626(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
Decentralization of the police force is a solution.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by willibounce1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
cooldude62:
Wandering is an offence my brother�.
They can't be disbanded bro. They are really combatting crime. Just be cautious of how you move at odd hours. What if you were thieves? They are really working, howbeit irresponsibly at times.

Which nonsense crime are they combating. Extorting money from people is combating crime abi. I pray you fall their victim soon. That's when you'll understand that they armed robbers and assassins.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nightingale99:
A bunch of thieving bastards. I don't understand why our government choose to turn a blind eye to this glaring evil and societal menace called SARS. I make bold to say the idea of having an elite squad for combating crime is laudable but trust Naija we don't go the extra mile to ensure there are checks and balances in the system to avoid abuse of power.

I agree totally with you.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by woodfrank(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:

I appreciate it when I see good use of English. Lovely write-up �

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by vengertime: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nightingale99:

but when Wike warned people were calling him names
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Slayer2: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Shinarlaura is it like this in Cameroon?
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Keywordconcept(m): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
I'm going ti twitter now to launch a campaign about SARS. You can join me as well coz the government must do something about them.

#DoYouBelieveSARS
#StopArrestingInnocentPeopleSARS

Let's do an awareness and NG Police Force and other agencies.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by bigpicture001: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
non of them is good..pokuce is even better..dss us the worst...tgey will kidnap you..not allow you call..switchin off your fone..lock you up and deny you are with them..incase someone saw them..they beat for confession as against what everyone thinks that they investigate.....
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by xreal: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lucky you.

SARS should be scraped-off.

They are the robbery and ritual killing unit of police force.

I was told that a police station in Ilorin has been closed down because they sold a top military officer's son ( among many) to the ritualist - who wasted no time in dismantling his body parts. Only the boys' head was remaining when soldiers forced them (police) to take them to where the boy was. Each human was sold for 80k.

If you see armed robbers at your front and police at your back; please run to your front, you will be safe there.

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by xreal: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Keywordconcept:
I'm going ti twitter now to launch a campaign about SARS. You can join me as well coz the government must do something about them.

#DoYouBelieveSARS
#StopArrestingInnocentPeopleSARS

Let's do an awareness and NG Police Force and other agencies.

Let's know when you launch it.
Also post on NL.

#NoToSARS

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by BruncleZuma: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Georgia is a country in Europe with a police force just like ours, one day they fired all policemen and asked them to re-enlist the bad eggs were weeded out immediately and the good ones retained.

E no hard.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Dreaded SARS? They can only dread civilians. Why can t they dread soldiers or Boko Haram?
Give them either of the two choices and see them take relays.... They fear soldiers like tomorrow no dey. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Dies During Beer Parlor Fracas In Anambra / Family Of Abuja-Based Woman Killed By Kidnappers Paid ₦4 Million Ransom / Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.