Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,843 members, 7,945,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (35165 Views)

SARS Operatives In Mufti Pose With Their Rifles, Come Under Fire After / Man Narrates His Ordeal In The Hands Of SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) / Armed Robbers Nabbed After Shootout With SARS Operatives In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by infantlion(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Whenever u hear the word 'SARS', Just one advice, FLY
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Veeflow(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
I think there should be a governmental regulatory body that should be assigned to engage with anyone who have been unlawfully mishandled by any government agency not only sars. Cux this people think Government work is for life. One day your children will face the music, and they will suffer. Its so simple like APC and PDP angry grin

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by bzm7: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
nairaman66:
The Nigerian police especially the SARS department is full of ex armed robbers, fraudsters, kidnappers and uneducated bigots. How the government armed these miscreants to police the Nigerian people is the 8th wonder of the world!

You are asking...who recommends these guys to the force...answer this first
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by phreakabit(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
uzoclinton:
Asking for their Disbandment is too drastic... I think the better solution would be to restructure and train not just SARS but the entire police force.

Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Police

Shut up retard!
You are drooling and spewing saliva allover. . .
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by centboy123456(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
JON01:
They almost killed me in ILORIN on my way to school [unilorin] few days ago... I settled them 40k.. I'm coming to narrate mine soon Those people are dangerous oooooo

waiting u do wen u come dey settle don wit 40 k
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Sanchase: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
Next time they catch you speak a language they can't understand like Italian or Swahili, they will just say say to themselves this one na bad market

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by centboy123456(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
hooklover:
Very true I once meet them close to gra junction while I was heading to club at 11pm.They crossed my car in commando style.
2guys in the car. I and my friend.
They asked who I am I told them..
I told them I was going to club.
Showed them my ID. Yet they were insisting I follow them I told them never.
I told them I know the OC SARS in rivers state and I can place call to him now. I told him d names of all their officer in Mopol 19 with rank to the police doctors.The guys saw I knew police very well he ask how I take know dry and many na hausa way I sabi from kaduna and posted to PH, some we drink beer together.

Wen den say my pattern change with boldness they left me. They follow me go drink. u need to c people looking at us thinking I was arrested after some bottles they left exchanged numbers.....
We still talk on phone.....

In Nigeria if u don't know any top folks police will use u to play table tennis. They only respect title.Try know titled or top uniformed man today for ur own good. It helps

guy u dey lagos I for like get there number just in kece
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by sayisayi(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
Sanchase:
Next time they catch you speak a language they can't understand like Italian or Swahili, they will just say say to themselves this one na bad market

Bros, na dis I use everywhere ooooooooo.....works everytime
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by JON01: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
centboy123456:

waiting u do wen u come dey settle don wit 40 k
.expect the story tomorrow on nairaland.. Kinda too busy to type it today
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by nairaman66(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
bzm7:

You are asking...who recommends these guys to the force...answer this first

A department with zero accountability, outdated and a throw back to an era without transparency or oversight!
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by centboy123456(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
JON01:

.expect the story tomorrow on nairaland.. Kinda too busy to type it today

u Na working boy na make dey u pay them
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by JON01: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
centboy123456:

u Na working boy na make dey u pay them

Boss me no get option Oo..
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by centboy123456(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
JON01:

Boss me no get option Oo..

Na so brother u need to dey dele tinz from ur phone if u one comhot Na bros u get any site for me
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by BenzEne1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
udemzyudex:
What do you expect even the IGP is wanted by NASS, when the oga pata pata is corrupt, what do u expect?

How did you decide that the IG is corrupt. Contribute to the issue of the SARS operatives. The IG hasn't been probed or proven corrupt. Dont draw conclusions without facts.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by udemzyudex(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
BenzEne1:

How did you decide that the IG is corrupt. Contribute to the issue of the SARS operatives. The IG hasn't been probed or proven corrupt. Dont draw conclusions without facts.

He should go and prove himself, what is he afraid of? If he has nothing to hide, he should man up and fade the panel.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by ladensmith(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
JON01:
They almost killed me in ILORIN on my way to school [unilorin] few days ago... I settled them 40k.. I'm coming to narrate mine soon Those people are dangerous oooooo
you be g_boi
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nnamdiojukwu: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
You mean the legally recognised armed robbers of Nigeria?

Like I always tell people, when you see those killers called SARS, give them space. They are more dangerous than the people we call armed robbers, kidnappers and assassins. They have a licenced gun and empowered by the government. You see why they can kill, rob, rape, maim and assassinate and claim you are a thief?
Majority of them are illiterates, that explains why you cannot convinced them.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by olabrad: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
You mean the legally recognised armed robbers of Nigeria?

Like I always tell people, when you see those killers called SARS, give them space. They are more dangerous than the people we call armed robbers, kidnappers and assassins. They have a licenced gun and empowered by the government. You see why they can kill, rob, rape, maim and assassinate and claim you are a thief?

I'm sorry, but your comment is stupid. Give them space? Won't they come after you even after you've given them space?
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by olabrad: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
uzoclinton:
Asking for their Disbandment is too drastic... I think the better solution would be to restructure and train not just SARS but the entire police force.

Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Police

So they should train all of them to become like SARS? We are complaining about the wicked deeds of SARS,but you are asking more police men should be given the same training as SARS. Don't you think that comment is somwaht thoughtless?
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by talk2percy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
The annoying and suspicious part is that the federal government isn't doing anything about this continuous harassment of the citizens from this SARS assassins. Na the government send them??
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by 9nice1x: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lucky d AVM picked d call, if not, ur waist will be roasted, Simon, but sometimes d SARS are needed for d bad boys not for someone like you and ur ol friend frm FMH C..V Rm
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Jungleluv5: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A Nigerian man has revealed his disappointment with operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) after his encounter with them yesterday in Lagos. The young man also revealed how he and his visiting friend were saved after putting a call to an Air Vice Marshall after their "illegal arrest". Read what Simon Utsu shared on Facebook.

Of recent, I've read zillions of narratives about the way the men of the Special Armed Robbery Squad(SARS) have been operating with reckless abandon and impunity. How they've turned a once respected unit of the Nigeria Police Force to a bandit of sophisticated armed robbers, assassins, ritualists, rapists etc. Never did I envisage I would/could fall into their 'trap'.

An old and very close friend of mine came visiting yesterday. At about 11:30pm, we stepped out to get some takeaway somewhere in Lagos, a stone's throw from where I'm putting up. We had done that and were on our way home when dangerous looking SARS operatives operating with a commercial bus (Danfo) cornered us gestapo style, pointed assault rifles at us and commanded us to get in. I and my friend did so albeit with a degree of reluctance. In the bus, there were so many people wailing and begging to be let go. I'm sure 90% of them were innocent 'wanderers'.

A young lad in that vehicle was even crying about how he was heading home from a late church program, the innocence in his voice was palpable. So much and so little raced through my head. I had heard lots of stuff about them and braced myself for the worst even though I knew they weren't going to take I and my friend far- my good ol' friend was there of course!

He brought out his phone to put a call across to his elder brother but discovered he was out of call credit. My blackberry was off but luckily for me, my smaller phone was still on.

He dialled the number on my phone and after explaining briefly to his brother, he tapped the closest policeman to us and told him he would like him to speak to his elder brother, who is an Air Vice Marshall(Major General equivalent). That was our 'saving grace'.

The policeman in a bid to exonerate himself and his team, lied to the AVM that we arrested because we were caught in a red-light zone. Needless to say, we were immediately let off the hook.

‎I'm now of the opinion that SARS should be disbanded asap. The deadly looking guys I saw yesterday don't deserve ‎to serve as law enforcement officers; they would operate better as assassins or armed robbers. Save for the intervention of a senior military officer, I would have been coughing out a non-refundable 50,000 Naira(minimum) 'bail bond' today.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/young-man-shares-encounter-dreaded-sars-operatives-lagos.html
They are as good as ritual killers because not all arrest made are official but for the ritualist that need body parts.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by officialfysh(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
What's now d need for all d grammar
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by richiepolymer(m): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
You guys were damn lucky.
My question is, why was SARS created in the first instance?
Do you know how many innocent blood SARS sheds every week in their office?
They pick up innocent people and heaven help you if you have nobody to call on.
When dare devil robbers show up, why is SARS never available to tackle them?
There is a way that seems right to a man but surely the unseen custodian of justice will have the final say.

ChangeIsCostant:
A Nigerian man has revealed his disappointment with operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) after his encounter with them yesterday in Lagos. The young man also revealed how he and his visiting friend were saved after putting a call to an Air Vice Marshall after their "illegal arrest". Read what Simon Utsu shared on Facebook.

Of recent, I've read zillions of narratives about the way the men of the Special Armed Robbery Squad(SARS) have been operating with reckless abandon and impunity. How they've turned a once respected unit of the Nigeria Police Force to a bandit of sophisticated armed robbers, assassins, ritualists, rapists etc. Never did I envisage I would/could fall into their 'trap'.

An old and very close friend of mine came visiting yesterday. At about 11:30pm, we stepped out to get some takeaway somewhere in Lagos, a stone's throw from where I'm putting up. We had done that and were on our way home when dangerous looking SARS operatives operating with a commercial bus (Danfo) cornered us gestapo style, pointed assault rifles at us and commanded us to get in. I and my friend did so albeit with a degree of reluctance. In the bus, there were so many people wailing and begging to be let go. I'm sure 90% of them were innocent 'wanderers'.

A young lad in that vehicle was even crying about how he was heading home from a late church program, the innocence in his voice was palpable. So much and so little raced through my head. I had heard lots of stuff about them and braced myself for the worst even though I knew they weren't going to take I and my friend far- my good ol' friend was there of course!

He brought out his phone to put a call across to his elder brother but discovered he was out of call credit. My blackberry was off but luckily for me, my smaller phone was still on.

He dialled the number on my phone and after explaining briefly to his brother, he tapped the closest policeman to us and told him he would like him to speak to his elder brother, who is an Air Vice Marshall(Major General equivalent). That was our 'saving grace'.

The policeman in a bid to exonerate himself and his team, lied to the AVM that we arrested because we were caught in a red-light zone. Needless to say, we were immediately let off the hook.

‎I'm now of the opinion that SARS should be disbanded asap. The deadly looking guys I saw yesterday don't deserve ‎to serve as law enforcement officers; they would operate better as assassins or armed robbers. Save for the intervention of a senior military officer, I would have been coughing out a non-refundable 50,000 Naira(minimum) 'bail bond' today.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/young-man-shares-encounter-dreaded-sars-operatives-lagos.html
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by tete7000(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Billyonaire:
What y'all do not understand is that, the government is scared of any uprising from citizens, so they purposefully set up that militia arm of the Police called SARS to kill, maim and intimidate citizens to submission and docility.

Who do you report to, when the Government herself is a pack of cards ?

When you meet them, try as much as possible to remain calm and be nice to them. Some of these policemen on the road are mentally damaged cos their conditions of living is worst than that of an average area boy. I try as much as possible to stop by when I see them and offer them assistance cos I know they are also victims of a system who uses them to kill, maim and intimidate the citizens.

Why I am not discouraging helping someone in need, one needs to be careful how you help. Helping a mentally damaged individual if not done with caution can equally be costly.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
tete7000:

Why I am not discouraging helping someone in need, one needs to be careful how you help. Helping a mentally damaged individual if not done with caution can equally be costly.

That is true too.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Buffalo2(m): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
SARS........... I fear them more than hell. The best thing is just to avoid them by all means. I went to a car wash sometimes ago to wash my car and some minutes later this pple drove in too. Immediately they got in, I disappeared without getting my car washed again. That shows how much I don't like seeing them.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Buffalo2(m): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
Queenext:
SARS officer are well known thieves, human part seller, and tout.

Flee,when u see them
Their appearances alone alone is terrible.
Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
Billyonaire:
What y'all do not understand is that, the government is scared of any uprising from citizens, so they purposefully set up that militia arm of the Police called SARS to kill, maim and intimidate citizens to submission and docility.

Who do you report to, when the Government herself is a pack of cards ?

When you meet them, try as much as possible to remain calm and be nice to them. Some of these policemen on the road are mentally damaged cos their conditions of living is worst than that of an average area boy. I try as much as possible to stop by when I see them and offer them assistance cos I know they are also victims of a system who uses them to kill, maim and intimidate the citizens.
What I know about these SARS is that they are KILLERS. They are constantly battling demons because they are units purposely set up to KILL armed criminals.
When you make killing criminals a daily routine, you yourself would eventually become something else. It would get to a stage where they wouldn't see the difference between the live of criminals and that of the law abiding citizens.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Queenext: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Buffalo2:
Their appearances alone alone is terrible.
tinted hair,stud ear,tattooed body,muscular... Terrible humans

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
maasoap:

What I know about these SARS is that they are KILLERS. They are constantly battling demons because they are units purposely set up to kill armed criminals.
When you make killing criminals a daily routine, you yourself would eventually become something else. It is would get to a stage where they wouldn't see the difference between the live of criminals and the law abiding citizens.

You are right, and that is another good reason to know they are also victims of the system.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor / Village Head Defiles 13-Year-Old In Kano, Infects Her With HIV / Lady Confronts Man For Allegedly Offering N500 To Little Girls To Touch Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.