Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? (5880 Views)

Will Only 144000 People Make Heaven? / 144000, Who Are They? / Transatlantic Slave Trade And The Biblical 144000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2023
TenQ:

You complained that I prayed for someone in your opinion not worthy of it.
I prayed the same prayer for you and it is still a problem.
Maximus, what do you want?

According to the inspiration God gave the prophets and Jesus' actions it's not right to pray for or with anyone who refuses to agree on doctrines with the worshipers of the Bible God! Proverbs 28:9; Jeremiah 11:14; John 17:8-9

If you're praying for everyone i know you're just doing it ignorantly but it irritates the worshipers of the Bible God when you do such in the name of God's son who never taught his disciples like that, well let's just say you don't know so go now and stop doing that because from this very moment the heavens will count it against you as sin against God's Holy Spirit after seeing it with your own eyes that even Jesus won't do what God forbids regarding prayers! Matthew 5:17

As long as we disagree on doctrinal matters praying with you or for you is detestable to my own God! Proverbs 28:9

So keep your prayers for your brethren like oteneaaron and others that you always disagree on doctrines! Luke 11:23 smiley

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by oteneaaron(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
TenQ:

I perfectly agree with you.

Have a beautifully productive day in Jesus name

Thanks a lot man.

Have a great day too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
Janosky:
1. 1 Corinthians 15:45 New Living Translation
The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit"

Oga, flesh and blood can not inherit where?
In like manner,Spirits can not inherit where?

Please use your God given brain aided by the holy scriptures.
This una " Tala n tolo" to "Tolo n tala" approach no dey ever end, abi? Again.....

1. Jesus Christ who left this planet fully clothed in human flesh is a spirit?     undecided

2. When was Mount zion relocated to Heaven? undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to the inspiration God gave the prophets and Jesus' actions it's not right to pray for or with anyone who refuses to agree on doctrines with the worshipers of the Bible God! Proverbs 28:9; Jeremiah 11:14; John 17:8-9

If you're praying for everyone i know you're just doing it ignorantly but it irritates the worshipers of the Bible God when you do such in the name of God's son who never taught his disciples like that, well let's just say you don't know so go now and stop doing that because from this very moment the heavens will count it against you as sin against God's Holy Spirit after seeing it with your own eyes that even Jesus won't do what God forbids regarding prayers! Matthew 5:17

As long as we disagree on doctrinal matters praying with you or for you is detestable to my own God! Proverbs 28:9

So keep your prayers for your brethren like oteneaaron and others that you always disagree on doctrines! Luke 11:23 smiley
Sorry sir!
Check the parable of the good Samaritan: he didn't need to know the one that was robbed to act

Of course, you are free to reject any prayer isn't it?

Please feel very free o. It's not by force
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
TenQ:

Sorry sir!
Check the parable of the good Samaritan: he didn't need to know the one that was robbed to act Of course, you are free to reject any prayer isn't it? Please feel very free o. It's not by force

Later you will start talking about context! cheesy

So you don't even know what Jesus said about a neighbor and a brother.
What a pity? undecided

OK let's teach you even though you're unwilling to learn.

A neighbor is anyone living around you, Jesus said we should love them just as we will also like to be loved {Mark 12:31} so if a neighbor is in need of something and we have it it makes the best sense to assist because he is going to be the next person we can also turn to in times of need for assistance as a neighbor.

A brother is that neighbor to whom we are related by faith so he is closer to us than any other neighbor that's why Jesus could speak of those related to him by faith as his real family! Matthew 12:46-50

So even though the neighbor should be loved we have nothing to do with him or her if we're not related by faith! John 17:8-9

Ọmọ you're still far away from knowledge o!

It's taking you to my God in prayer or following you to your God in prayer that's not possible, when it comes to doing what's within my capability to help you i must do it just as the Samaritan did but regarding sacred services to my God it has nothing to do with you.
That's what Jesus meant when he told a pagan:
I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24
Jesus helped the woman but when it comes to worship Jesus only worship with those having the same line of thought with him {John 17:22} because those are his brothers in faith. Matthew 12:46-50
Ọmọ you're not my brother in faith doesn't mean when i'm in position to save you i won't render the assistance but afterwards i will walk away leaving you for the God of your choice! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This una " Tala n tolo" to "Tolo n tala" approach no dey ever end, abi? Again.....

1. Jesus Christ who left this planet fully clothed in human flesh is a spirit?     undecided

2. When was Mount zion relocated to Heaven? undecided
Oga,is 1 Corinthians 15:45 inspired scriptures to you?
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
Janosky:
Oga,is 1 Corinthians 15:45 inspired scriptures to you?
Well, here's a problem. Paul says nothing of what you claim though.
42 It will be the same when those who have died are raised to life. The body that is “planted” in the grave will ruin and decay, but it will be raised to a life that cannot be destroyed.
43 When the body is “planted,” it is without honor. But when it is raised, it will be great and glorious. When the body is “planted,” it is weak. But when it is raised, it will be full of power.
44 The body that is “planted” is a physical body. When it(the body that was planted) is raised, it)the body that was planted) will be a spiritual body. There is a physical body. So there is also a spiritual body.
45 As the Scriptures say, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam is a life-giving spirit.
46 The spiritual man did not come first. It was the physical man that came first; then came the spiritual.
47 The first man came from the dust of the earth. The second man came from heaven.
48 All people belong to the earth. They are like that first man of earth. But those who belong to heaven are like that man of heaven.
49 We were made like that man of earth, so we will also be made like that man of heaven. - 1 Corinthians 15 vs 42 - 49
What Paul describes is akin to what Jesus Christ said of all who are born-again in John 3 vs 1 - 8 which is that we only experience a physical birth from our wombs, but we acquire a spiritual aspect to our being — attached to the very physical aspects of our person — when we become born-again, which takes place right here as we live. So, the spiritual appendage is acquired when one enter's into the Kingdom of God, and not necessarily when one is literally raised from the grave back to life.

Paul's particular take differs in that he suggests that this transformation takes place when a body s buried and subsequently raised from the grave, an idea which fails as it suggests that all those raised from the grave by Jesus Christ e.g. Lazarus — brother of Martha — when he was raised from the dead by Him where raised with bodies that had become born-again. Anyways, in Paul's, narrative, he attempts to explain that when a body is buried, and the same body is then raised, it takes on a spiritual aspect to it, the body that was buried. Nowhere in that context did Paul insinuate that flesh and blood(body) cannot enter into Heaven... that is instead an assumed conclusion by some of you, no thanks to the extra-biblical doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which you imbibe. undecided

In conclusion, as for Paul's view, inspired ye, Truth of God, not necessarily! By the same token, the words of Satan recorded in scripture are undoubtedly inspired, yet not the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, here's a problem. Paul says nothing of what you claim though.
What Paul describes is akin to what Jesus Christ said of all who are born-again in John 3 vs 1 - 8 which is that we only experience a physical birth from our wombs, but we acquire a spiritual aspect to our being — attached to the very physical aspects of our person — when we become born-again, which takes place right here as we live. So, the spiritual appendage is acquired when one enter's into the Kingdom of God, and not necessarily when one is literally raised from the grave back to life.

Paul's particular take differs in that he suggests that this transformation takes place when a body s buried and subsequently raised from the grave, an idea which fails as it suggests that all those raised from the grave by Jesus Christ e.g. Lazarus — brother of Martha — when he was raised from the dead by Him where raised with bodies that had become born-again. Anyways, in Paul's, narrative, he attempts to explain that when a body is buried, and the same body is then raised, it takes on a spiritual aspect to it, the body that was buried. Nowhere in that context did Paul insinuate that flesh and blood(body) cannot enter into Heaven... that is instead an assumed conclusion by some of you, no thanks to the extra-biblical doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which you imbibe. undecided

In conclusion, as for Paul's view, inspired ye, Truth of God, not necessarily! By the same token, the words of Satan recorded in scripture are undoubtedly inspired, yet not the Truth of God. undecided

Oga,why are you typing GIBBERISH?

Was Jesus Christ a human being in heaven before his birth on earth?

Is God Almighty, his Father, a human being in heaven?

1 Corinthians 15:45,50 Jesus Christ in heaven is a life giving spirit.
Flesh and blood can NOT exist in heaven.

Jesus Christ is a spirit in heaven.
John 17:1,5,24 Jesus Christ had glory in heaven. He returns to heaven to receive back the glory.

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2023
Janosky:

Oga,why are you typing GIBBERISH?
Was Jesus Christ a human being in heaven before his birth on earth?
Is God Almighty, his Father, a human being in heaven?
1 Corinthians 15:45,50 Jesus Christ in heaven is a life giving spirit.
John 17:1,5,24 Jesus Christ had glory in heaven. He returns to heaven to receive back the glory.

The girl is just making noise up and down the forum!

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Janosky:
■ Oga,why are you typing GIBBERISH? Was Jesus Christ a human being in heaven before his birth on earth? Is God Almighty, his Father, a human being in heaven?
■ 1 Corinthians 15:45,50 Jesus Christ in heaven is a life giving spirit.

1. I completely understand how that which is clearly stated appears gibberish to those who reject it only so they can inject their special interpretation magic in between the lines. undecided

Did Jesus Christ then come to the world as a spirit being then? We all read of when the Spirit of God came down on Him when He was baptized, did we not? Or was that just a show put together by God to deceive us all? undecided

2. Paul clearly never said any of what you claim. So, I am not sure why repeating what has been shown not to be the case will do for you here.
11 “I kept on looking because the little horn was bragging. I kept watching until finally the fourth animal was killed. Its body was destroyed, and it was thrown into the burning fire.
12 The authority and rule of the other animals had been taken from them. But they were permitted to live for a certain period of time.
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there in front of me was someone who looked like a human being. He was coming on the clouds in the sky. He came up to the Ancient King, and the King’s servants brought him before the King.
14 The one who looked like a human being was given authority, glory, and complete ruling power. People from every nation and language group will serve him. His rule will last forever. His kingdom will continue forever. It will never be destroyed. - Daniel 7 vs 11 - 14
Even Daniel in one of His visions described Jesus Christ in one of His prophesies as a human being - a son of man- in Heaven, so again, I am not certain why you think repeating what is a delusion will change anything. undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I completely understand how that which is clearly stated appears gibberish to those who reject it only so they can inject their special interpretation magic in between the lines. undecidedundecided

Case study example:
Kobojunkie's magical interpretation of
1 Corinthians 15:45,50.

Kobojunkie:

Did Jesus Christ then come to the world as a spirit being then? We all read of when the Spirit of God came down on Him when He was baptized, did we not? Or was that just a show put together by God to deceive us all? undecided

2. Paul clearly never said any of what you claim. So, I am not sure why repeating what has been shown not to be the case will do for you here.
Even Daniel in one of His visions described Jesus Christ in one of His prophesies as a human being - a son of man- in Heaven, so again, I am not certain why you think repeating what is a delusion will change anything. undecided
"Like a Son of man", please correct yourself and stop quoting distorted rendition of Daniel 7:13.
"Son of man" is a title ascribed to Jesus during his earthly ministry.
In the same manner that Moses was called "like God" @ Exodus 7:1 or "God" @ Exodus 4:16 doesn't mean he lived in heaven.

Daniel did not tell you he saw a man in heaven?
No!
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
Janosky:
■ Case study example: magical interpretation of
1 Corinthians 15:45,50 [/b]
■ "Son of man" is a title ascribed to Jesus during his earthly ministry.
■ In the same manner that Moses was called "God" @Exodus 4:16 & Exodus 7:1 doesn't mean he lived in heaven.[/b]
■ Daniel did not tell you he saw a man in heaven? No!
1. Why would I need to interpret that clearly presented in human language to me? I simply read it as it is written... grave means grave. body means body... body raised means body raise.... undecided

2. "Son of man" is a title ascribed to Jesus Christ and not a reference to a human being. When Ezekiel was referred to as "Son of man", was God calling Ezekiel Jesus Christ? Every person born of Adam is a Son of man aka human, contrast this with Son of God. undecided

3. That makes no sense to this discourse!! undecided

4. So, ignore what is written to assert instead your private delusion, abi! undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why would I need to interpret that clearly presented in human language to me? I simply read it as it is written... grave means grave. body means body... body raised means body raise.... undecided

\

1 Corinthians 15:44
"There is physical body and there is spiritual body"

Please go back to 1 Corinthians15: 36
" You unreasonable person!
What goes into the ground is not made alive until it dies first".
1 Corinthians 15 :43-44
"It is sown in dishonour and raised up in glory".
Did Christ die in dishonour and was raised up in glory?

Verse 44
"There is physical body and there is spiritual body"

Christ is a spirit, please adjust your thinking & reason with your Bible.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:

2. "Son of man" is a title ascribed to Jesus Christ and not a reference to a human being. When Ezekiel was referred to as "Son of man", was God calling Ezekiel Jesus Christ? Every person born of Adam is a Son of man aka human, contrast this with Son of God. undecided

\

Adam is also a son of God.
Still, Adam or Ezekiel are not a spirit.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:

3. That makes no sense to this discourse!! undecided

4. So, ignore what is written to assert instead your private delusion, abi! undecided
Very relevant to this discussion.
Because you made the claim that Daniel 7:13 meaning Jesus is a man in heaven.

Therefore,Moses referenced as "like God" @ Exodus 7:1 or God @ Exodus 4:16 would mean God is living on earth or Moses is a spirit in heaven, (whichever perspective you view it , from your comments about Daniel 7:13)

Since 1 Corinthians 15 :45 amounts to "private delusion", it's your own cup of tea.

1 Corinthians 15:36-50 is crystal clear as far as resurrection of Christ Jesus is concerned.

Have you forgotten that the subject matter of Jesus resurrection commenced from verse1 of chapter 15?
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Janosky:

3. Very relevant to this discussion. Because you made the claim that Daniel 7:13 meaning Jesus is a man in heaven. Therefore,Moses referenced as "like God" @ Exodus 7:1 or God @ Exodus 4:16 would mean God is living on earth or Moses is a spirit in heaven, (whichever perspective you view it , from your comments about Daniel 7:13)

4. Since 1 Corinthians 15 :45 amounts to "private delusion", it's your own cup of tea.
1 Corinthians 15:36-50 is crystal clear as far as resurrection of Christ Jesus is concerned.
Have you forgotten that the subject matter of Jesus resurrection commenced from verse1 of chapter 15?
1. I don't get it! What has God saying to Moses, "see how I have made you seem like the Almighty to Pharaoh" to do with this abeg? undecided
1. The Lord said to Moses, “See how important I have made you? In speaking to Pharaoh, you will be like God, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.
2 You will tell Aaron everything that I command you. Then he will tell the king what I say. And Pharaoh will let the Israelites leave this country.
3 But I will make Pharaoh stubborn so that he will not do what you tell him. Then I will do many miracles in Egypt to prove who I am.
4 But he will still refuse to listen. So then I will punish Egypt very much. And I will lead my army, my people, out of that land.
5 I will punish the people of Egypt, and they will learn that I am the Lord. Then I will lead my people out of their country.”
6 Moses and Aaron did what the Lord told them.
7 Moses was 80 years old at the time, and Aaron was 83. - Exodus 7 vs 1 - 7
For Pete's sake, Daniel saw in His vision one who looked like a human being going up before the Ancient of days. Daniel did not say He saw a Son of God but instead one who had the appearance of a man. The Ancient of Days did not come down to the human instead the human came up to the Ancient of Days. undecided

2. Una too dey like to hide una delusions behind the words of Paul wey una no dey even take time fully grasp. Paul clearly revealed a connection between the physical and the spiritual body — the body is buried and then the same body is raised to behold a spiritual transformation to the very same body that was buried meaning the original body remains only it now has a spiritual aspect to it, something that is about the same as what Jesus Christ taught in John 3 vs 1 - 8 - except without the reference to the grave and raising. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 11:41am On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't get it! What has God saying to Moses, "see how I have made you seem like the Almighty to Pharaoh" to do with this abeg? undecided

For Pete's sake, Daniel saw in His vision one who looked like a human being going up before the Ancient of days. Daniel did not say He saw a Son of God but instead one who had the appearance of a man. The Ancient of Days did not come down to the human instead the human came up to the Ancient of Days. undecided

2. Una too dey like to hide una delusions behind the words of Paul wey una no dey even take time fully grasp. Paul clearly revealed a connection between the physical and the spiritual body — the body is buried and then the same body is raised to behold a spiritual transformation to the very same body that was buried meaning the original body remains only it now has a spiritual aspect to it, [/b]something that is about the same as what Jesus Christ taught in [b]John 3 vs 1 - 8 - except without the reference to the grave and raising. undecided

Carry your stupidity outta here.
You refused to allow 1 Corinthians 15:45,50 knock sense into you.

So , those angels in Genesis chapter 17/18 & Hebrews 13:2 are using the same body in heaven?
2 Corinthians 5:1-2 , Paul says you are typing GIBBERISH.

"1For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing."

"heavenly bodies" are the bodies of spirits not flesh and blood.

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
Janosky:
Carry your stupidity outta here. You refused to allow 1 Corinthians 15:45,50 knock sense into you.

So , those angels in Genesis chapter 17/18 & Hebrews 13:2 are using the same body in heaven?
2 Corinthians 5:1-2 , Paul says you are typing GIBBERISH.

"1For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing."

"heavenly bodies" are the bodies of spirits not flesh and blood.
I have done my due diligence. The Truth as declared by Jesus Christ is over 2000 years old at this point. So you can keep arguing with it. undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have done my due diligence. The Truth as declared by Jesus Christ is over 2000 years old at this point. So you can keep arguing with it. undecided

Abeg leave your gullibility in the dustbin.
Christendom and 3 deities slaves always manifest poor comprehension of 1 Corinthians15:44.

Our human bodies in the earthly realm is very different from the spiritual body of spirits in the spiritual realm.

2 Corinthians 5:1-2, Paul says both are not the same.
The 144000 must do away with their human bodies and change, transform to spirits.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by johnw47: 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Janosky:

Christendom and 3 deities slaves

Janosky:

Mumu rants of 3 deities slaves.
grin

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

lost fraud jw janosky

forever loving to lie and call the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit "3 gods"

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Mat 12:32  ... whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

Rev 20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On May 31, 2023
emerged01:
Is it misconception to believe that all the people who believe in Jesus Christ will make Heaven?
According to JW,God selects a limited number of faithful Christians who, after their death, will be resurrected to life in heaven. (1 Peter 1:3, 4) Once they have been chosen, they must continue to maintain a Christian standard of faith and conduct in order not to be disqualified from receiving their heavenly inheritance.—Ephesians 5:5; Philippians 3:12-14.
The 144,000 pointed out by John in his revelation is rather a reference to the special group of people who were sealed by God about 1900 years ago — right before the destruction of Jerusalem — and sent out into the world to gather back the others to His Jerusalem by way of Jesus Christ. undecided
18 “They have evil thoughts and do evil things, so I am coming to punish them. I will gather all nations and all people. Everyone will be gathered together to see my Glory.[c]
19 I will put a mark on some of the people. I will send some of these saved people to the nations of Tarshish, Libya,[d] Lud[e] (the land of archers), Tubal,[f] Greece, and all the faraway lands. Those people have never heard my teachings. They have never seen my Glory. So the saved people will tell the nations about my glory.
20 And they will bring all your brothers and sisters from those other nations to my holy mountain[g] Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord. Your brothers and sisters will ride on horses, mules, camels, and in chariots and wagons. They will be like the gifts that the Israelites bring on clean plates to the Temple of the Lord.
21 I will also choose some of these people to be priests and Levites.” The Lord himself said this. - Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21
It has been about 1900 years since they left Jerusalem, and they are to gather the children of Israel back from every tribe, every language, and every nation — via Jesus Christ — back to God's mount in the end. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unceasing Connection With Almighty Lord / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God? / Pastor Veronica : God Sent Me To Sleep With All Men For Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.