Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? (5879 Views)

Will Only 144000 People Make Heaven? / 144000, Who Are They? / Transatlantic Slave Trade And The Biblical 144000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 10:33am On Jan 26, 2023
emerged01:
TenQ
It is JW's doctrine. I raised this thread for enlightenment.
The articles on JW journal that I was reading around 2017 was what prompted this thread. It is not my doctrine,I only asked a question.
It's okay then. The JW organisation is prone to misrepresenting the scriptures to suit their doctrines.
Their doctrines break down when you slow them down to look into the scripture rather than what they have memorised.

Thanks for bringing this subject up

3 Likes

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by emerged01(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Kills billions of people who are not JWS? WHAT-THE-FK ! shocked shocked shocked shocked
That was the sole reason I raised the thread. I said " according to JW.... it was a quote from JW Journal.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 10:42am On Jan 26, 2023
emerged01:

That was the sole reason I raised the thread. I said " according to JW.... it was a quote from JW Journal.
What does your own Churchian group -- your pastors and mogs -- tell you about the same subject? undecided

I notice one thing with you folks is you pretend your denomination of choice is better than the others when in fact the one thing Jesus Christ said you all trade in is lies which are all against Him. undecided
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by emerged01(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What does your own Churchian group -- your pastors and mogs -- tell you about the same subject? undecided

I notice one thing with you folks is you pretend your denomination of choice is better than the others when in fact the one thing Jesus Christ said you all trade in is lies which are all against Him. undecided
Lol! I no dey go church. That's a silly thing to do. I didnt raised the thread to mock any denomination but to see Christians view on the topic. Not even recent,it was 2017. I'm not a religious person.
One of the threads I raised you answered my question which I appreciate and you even encouraged me.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2023
emerged01:

Lol! I no dey go church. That's a silly thing to do. I didnt raised the thread to mock any denomination but to see Christians view on the topic. Not even recent,it was 2017. I'm not a religious person.
One of the threads I raised you answered my question which I appreciate and you even encouraged me.
Ok. Just that we get a lot of Churchians come through here attacking the doctrines and traditions of other denominations as a way to score some point for their implementation of the Religion of Churchianism, a religion with a foundation steeped in lies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Why is it that you don't want to talk about the account of the original twelve tribes of Israel as found at Exodus 1:1-5?

TenQ:

Is this throne on earth or in heaven?
The throne of God means God's presence. Revelations 22:1-2

So if God is with them {Revelations 21:3 compare to Ezekiel 37:27} then anywhere they're standing whether in heaven or on earth is God's presence! Exodus 3:5
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Why is it that you don't want to talk about the account of the original twelve tribes of Israel as found at Exodus 1:1-5?

So if God is with them {Revelations 21:3 compare to Ezekiel 37:27} then anywhere they're standing whether in heaven or on earth is God's presence! Exodus 3:5
Your claim is that ONLY the 144,000 will be in heaven. I have showed you that the Multitudes are ALSO in heaven. That is why you want to redefine heaven as the presence of God.

Here again are the 144,000 before the THRONE

Rev 14:1-3:
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: and they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth."

Here is the Multitudes ALSO before the THRONE.

Rev 7:9-11:
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"

Are these TWO different THRONEs?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your claim is that ONLY the 144,000 will be in heaven. I have showed you that the Multitudes are ALSO in heaven. That is why you want to redefine heaven as the presence of God.

"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: and they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth."

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"

2 Likes

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
TenQ:

Well the 144,000 aren't literal Israelites but faithful people who has never been strongly attached to politics (virgins) they are decisive always (males)

The throne here signifies God's presence but the 144,000 will be in the same place with the four living creatures (heaven)

If you feel like having another meaning it's OK that's just the understanding of the entire JW worldwide. Thanks!
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Well the 144,000 aren't literal Israelites but faithful people who has never been strongly attached to politics (virgins) they are decisive always (males)

The throne here signifies God's presence but the 144,000 will be in the same place with the four living creatures (heaven)

If you feel like having another meaning it's OK that's just the understanding of the entire JW worldwide. Thanks!
Deliberately I am not focusing on the 144,000, my focus is on the Multitudes. Are they before the THRONE of God or not the same with the 144,000?

Where is this THRONE, on the earth?

The scripture is too clear on this sir. More than 144,000 will be in heaven contrary to your doctrine

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
TenQ:

Deliberately I am not focusing on the 144,000, my focus is on the Multitudes. Are they before the THRONE of God or not the same with the 144,000?

Where is this THRONE, on the earth?

The scripture is too clear on this sir. More than 144,000 will be in heaven contrary to your doctrine

Unlike the great crowd who practiced what he (Jesus) taught the 144,000 were bought from the earth {Revelations 14:3} that's why it's clear that they are not on earth but as for the rest they are on planet earth worshiping God with the little flock {Luke 12:32} the rest are the other sheep belonging to the same Master! John 10:16

It's OK if you're not convinced you can find another interpretation and apply it with your fellow worshipers, that's the understanding of God's organization! smiley
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by oteneaaron(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Unlike the great crowd who practiced what he (Jesus) taught the 144,000 were bought from the earth {Revelations 14:3} that's why it's clear that they are not on earth but as for the rest they are on planet earth worshiping God with the little flock {Luke 12:32} the rest are the other sheep belonging to the same Master! John 10:16

It's OK if you're not convinced you can find another interpretation and apply it with your fellow worshipers, that's the understanding of God's organization! smiley

Hahahahaha

See him beating around the bush ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He cannot answer TenQ.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
Mr Courz (Oteneaaron) you don't have to start following from thread to thread if you feel TenQ is correct go and worship with him! wink

oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha
See him beating around the bush ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
He cannot answer TenQ.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by oteneaaron(m): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Mr Courz (Oteneaaron) you don't have to start following from thread to thread if you feel TenQ is correct go and worship with him! wink

Hahahahaha

Such a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
You go and worship with your kind! wink
oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha
Such a shame.

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

My thesis is NOT about the 144,000, it is about the Multitude.

Why are you dodging the dilemma it has put your doctrine.

Are the Multitude before the THRONE of God or NOT?

1 Like

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Why are you mute with respect to the multitude?

You didn't memorise anything about them?

Is the Multitude also before the THRONE of God with the 144,000?

It is a simple question sir!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
I've told you that the multitude are on planet earth!
I gave you several verses showing that the throne of God simply means God's presence but you said it's not so that's why i said you can find any other meaning to it because only 144,000 are going to rule with Christ while the rest will live forever on planet earth.
So if you have another meaning take that with you and your fellow worshipers we have our own interpretation and it's God's presence not a literal throne! wink

TenQ:

My thesis is NOT about the 144,000, it is about the Multitude. Why are you dodging the dilemma it has put your doctrine.
Are the Multitude before the THRONE of God or NOT?

TenQ:

Why are you mute with respect to the multitude? You didn't memorise anything about them? Is the Multitude also before the THRONE of God with the 144,000?
It is a simple question sir!
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I've told you that the multitude are on planet earth!
I gave you several verses showing that the throne of God simply means God's presence but you said it's not so that's why i said you can find any other meaning to it because only 144,000 are going to rule with Christ while the rest will live forever on planet earth.
So if you have another meaning take that with you and your fellow worshipers we have our own interpretation and it's God's presence not a literal throne! wink

Did I not show you that the THRONE is the same for both the 144,000 and the Multitudes?

TenQ:

Of course you don't read!
Your memory verse has blocked your comprehension: why didn't you answer the preceding questions?

Can you show that the TWO THRONES quoted here (Rev 14:1-3: and Rev 7:9-11) are different?
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
TenQ:

It's okay then. The JW organisation is prone to misrepresenting the scriptures to suit their doctrines.
Their doctrines break down when you slow them down to look into the scripture rather than what they have memorised.

Thanks for bringing this subject up
You don't have to like JWs or what JWs believe.
But,desist from making FALSE claims , like you just did without proof.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Kills billions of people who are not JWS? WHAT-THE-FK ! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Matthew 24:37-39, is Noah a servant of Jehovah God with his family?

Acts 3:13, whose servant is Jesus Christ, Isaac, Abraham and Jacob?

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, will Jesus Christ save those who rejected his Father's worship?

Sifia pained WAILERS grin
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
oteneaaron:
During my days as a Jehovahs Witness, we were taught that these 144,000 "annointed" are made up of Jehovahs Witnesses who would rule with Jesus in heaven over all mankind.

We were also taught that these 144,000 are the true "born again Christians" and they would be at the side of Jesus when he comes back to kill billions of people who are not Jehovahs Witnesses in the war of Armageddon.

Back then, we were taught that only this 144,000 are part of the "new covenant" and therefore only them could eat and drink the bread and wine served during the memorial of Jesus's death.

We were also taught that these only 144,000 are the true "sons of God" while the rest of us were only "friends of God".

Looking back, I find it hard to imagine that I used to believe in such crap doctrines of men.

Well, that is what years of endless indoctrination does to you.

Religion is such a powerful tool for mind control.

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, will Jesus Christ save Oteneaaron?

Deluded Trinitarians and atheists WAILING in sifia pains. grin
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You are obviously reading that book upside-down-inside-out. The passage you quoted there does not state that only the 144,000 will enter into Heaven. Verse 1 states that the 144,000 stood with the Lamb on Mount Sion. Since when did Mount Sion on earth become synonymous with Heaven? undecided

The rest of the passage speaks of the 144,000 having been the first fruits redeemed by the Lamb meaning that there were others who were redeemed as well. The 144,000 were the first who were marked by Jesus Christ and sealed as well so they were guaranteed Heaven from their beginning. Then they were sent out to all corners of th earth to.teach God's New Covenant and Law to all their brothers and sisters -- Israel --- in every tribe, every tongue and every nation of the earth. undecided

Mount Zion is the place where Jehovah (the God of His servants) dwells,Isaiah 8:18; Psalm 74:2.

The 144,000 are in heaven to rule with Christ.

Deluded WAILER grin
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
oteneaaron:

Lol.

He calls it a "misinterpretation".

I know you can't speak without raining insults.

It is your modus operandi.

Revelation 14:1-4 is in the Bible inspired of God.
Atheist, continue WAILING.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
emerged01:
Is it misconception to believe that all the people who believe in Jesus Christ will make Heaven?
According to JW,God selects a limited number of faithful Christians who, after their death, will be resurrected to life in heaven. (1 Peter 1:3, 4) Once they have been chosen, they must continue to maintain a Christian standard of faith and conduct in order not to be disqualified from receiving their heavenly inheritance.โ€”Ephesians 5:5; Philippians 3:12-14.

Revelation 14:1-3 &. Revelation 21:1-5 are biblical truth.
That's your sifia pains, continue WAILING
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:
Forget this talk about the number of people to enter heaven. Jesus Christ has already told you what to do to qualify for heaven.
You need to be born of water and the spirit.
You need to overcome.
Just do your part and you will qualify for his kingdom.
Revelation 14:1-4, Revelation 5:10 & Revelation 1:5-6, sifia pains to WAILERS.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by tctrills: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
Janosky:

What do the verses say oga.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Techobeys:
Has it ever crossed your mind that JW might be totally wrong on the subject?

Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by TenQ: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
Janosky:

You don't have to like JWs or what JWs believe.
But,desist from making FALSE claims , like you just did without proof.
Is it a false claim by me that JW believe that ONLY 144,000 people will go to heaven?
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:

What do the verses say oga.
Oga,consult your Bible, open to Revelation 14:1-4, Revelation 5:10 & Revelation 1:5-6, to find out.
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by Janosky: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
TenQ:

Is it a false claim by me that JW believe that ONLY 144,000 people will go to heaven?
Was this question in your post I responded to @8:24pm?
Re: Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? by tctrills: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
Janosky:

Oga,consult your Bible, open to Revelation 14:1-4, Revelation 5:10 & Revelation 1:5-6, to find out.
Well if you are ready copy and paste. I always copy and paste in my conversation with you. It's not bad if you return the courtesy or what do you say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen / Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / How God Changed My Genotype From SS To AA...| Favour Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.