Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,431 members, 7,904,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 04:11 PM

Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? (5237 Views)

People Now Sell Fresh Air In Nylon Bags / Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital / China Sells Fresh Air In Cans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Guchis(f): 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Same in Lekki too, started late afternoon yesterday. Just stepped outside to take a look and vehicles are so dusty now and everywhere has the making of harmattan undecided
Also has this chocking effect too
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by awaya: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
The experience is the same in VI now!
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by tosinaded(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
Smog my freaking foot!!!
hiss. . . . una go ust dey yarn wetin una no sabi undecided

this is the effect of sandstorm, taking place in Borno state and some other parts of the North!!!
and trust me, u dnt wanna see a sand storm here in lagos grin

it turns day into night within seconds, with terrible a trrible storm blowing dust from the sahara!!!
its so bad, that if ure caught up in it, u wnt even see the next persn close to you, cos everywhere is filled wiv thick dust!!!

if ure driving, just pack cos trust me u wnt see a thing! its night thick darkness!!!

i served in Borno state last year, and saw this thing 4 different times!!!!
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by D1KeleVra(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^ LIES!!! cool
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by kpofkpof: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
same here in Jos, but the weather is very cold especialy in the morning. If you mistakenly take a bike, by the time you come back, your eyelashes and your hair would be filled with dust and you would look all grayed like someone in his nineties

if one can accumulate all that dust on him/her, i wonder how much we would have inhaled.

the scary one now is the acid rain scare
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by tosinaded(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
[size=28pt]its all lies lies[/size]

its a result of sand storm in some parts of the North!!!!
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by wesley80(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
Maybe its smog where u guys are but its definitely Harmattan where I am (Warri). Heres a simple but very practical check;  Turn on your radio/TV (not cable/satellite) and tune and see how many extra stations u'lld receive, I did and virtually all the choice Lagos channels were queing up in my wired radio. now thats not becos of SMOG!.
    Before Cable TV and satellites brought TV much closer, the Harmattan season used to be the choice season becos of the options it gave in terms of Tv stations, So unless someone can prove SMOG also does that, then its got to be the big H making a late return which isnt even that strange considering we barely had any at all in the season it was due. The wooden doors, and furniture all around are responding to the familiar stretch of the Harmattan and U'd think we would recognize our African winter whenever it chose to come. Relax its Gods relief from the blazing heat
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by nellaluv(f): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
Just noticed dat d air around my area is polluted, its hurts my nostrils
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Libra38: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
Right now 'am on project excussion to an interior part of Kogi State (Bagana to be precise).

I almost run for my dear live 'cos of this strange weather. Funny enough, the inhabitant here could not even figure out what is happening, all they keep predicting is "hammatan may be worst this year" while I keep asking myself could this be a test fire missle from some where?.

Bravo!! Seun for this enlighten topic. atleast, 'am releif now a bit.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by tosinaded(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
[size=28pt]This thing na effect of sandstorm in some parts of the north, NIgerians dont be scared![/size]!!!
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by tonitone1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
ALL FLIGHTS TO BENIN CANCELLED TODAY, VISIBILITY IS ZERO!,,,,,,,,,,,END OF THE W?
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by 0hsisi: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Na judgement day
men make una check una balls
I'm sure it will be shrinking right before your eyes until it vanishes to oblivion.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by splashbaby(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2010
Double N:

Seriously reminds me of my days Up north. The Weather is so harsh on the nose.
No wonder my wife want me to come home, probably is harsh down there tooo lol! Na wa for weather
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
the weather here is so bad, it causes my nose to bleed and giving me serious eye pain. what's this world turning into??
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by obinna5000(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
Its so dusty in my area. Its like an after effect of a sandstorm.
I know for sure it cannot be a smog.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
If there will be any acidic rain / or whether it causes cancer we shuld be notified clearly so as to take caution
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
If there will be any acidic rain / or whether it causes cancer we shuld be notified clearly so as to take caution
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by sley4life(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
anyting
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by sley4life(m): 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
any of the above may be the cos
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by bigfoot79(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
@double N hahohina noactohim ha ha (Mayan laughter)

@pattiano can you hear yourself? Yo uncle. 1972 am sure he was like 65 years old then and this late in the millenium you're still quoting him on the internet? PLEASE

@ANNE-MARIE =marine, You mean something actually fell in Ibadan ?
@seun this really is no smokyfog a, What it is, is the end of the world. So all you virgin better loose it now before 2012 hahohina noactohim ha ha (Mayan laughter)
BUNCH OF COMEDIANS
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by azubike1: 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
Seriously any weather man in the house? I want to get scientific explanation.

Thanks.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by MCLOVIN: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
The air really does sting, woke up to find furniture and cars covered in dust this morning. Its about 3 celsius cooler than it was last week. I think sulphur compounds are actually involved becuase there's an orange tinge in the sky. (IKOYI, Lagos)
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by hackney(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hope say no be biblical punishment dey come meet naija ooo!!

na wa ooo!!!

Iniquity upon iniquity in the land.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by Foz1: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
Great information frm Seun.
Started 21/03/10 in my area (Ikorodu) in Lagos and its not stinky. I just think its harmattan because of the dust.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by uchenageme(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
Its like harmattan in Nsukka
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by deor03(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
I got home Tonight, And my furniture was so dusty that ; you think I left the house for 3 months
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by eros(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Whatever the cause of this weather change is, be it smog or sandstorm in the North, i just want it to stop. I have being indoors eversince i noticed it and don't even feel safe inside, becos every where is white with dust.

GOD SAVE US ALL. sad sad cry cry
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by 2gd: 12:14am On Mar 23, 2010
I noticed it looked foggy 2 days ago.I guess I now know why.
The good thing is, the weather is a bit cooler now!
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by An0nimus: 12:18am On Mar 23, 2010
same thang here in 0werri.I looked like a ghost yestaday.Na to go buy vaseline.Lol.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by jediknight(m): 1:45am On Mar 23, 2010
wesley80:

Maybe its smog where u guys are but its definitely Harmattan where I am (Warri). Heres a simple but very practical check;  Turn on your radio/TV (not cable/satellite) and tune and see how many extra stations u'lld receive, I did and virtually all the choice Lagos channels were queing up in my wired radio. now thats not becos of SMOG!.
    Before Cable TV and satellites brought TV much closer, the Harmattan season used to be the choice season becos of the options it gave in terms of Tv stations, So unless someone can prove SMOG also does that, then its got to be the big H making a late return which isnt even that strange considering we barely had any at all in the season it was due. The wooden doors, and furniture all around are responding to the familiar stretch of the Harmattan and U'd think we would recognize our African winter whenever it chose to come. Relax its Gods relief from the blazing heat

Dude!

There's no way you can prove what ur tryn say. you haven't provided any concrete evidence.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by timmy7(m): 8:01am On Mar 23, 2010
What's wrong with some people sef Small thing like this they'd start saying 'end of the world' but other warnings about endtime signs they wont take heed tongue come to think of it these are natural climate phenomenon that has been happening in different unpredictable patterns over the years.
Re: Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? by wesley80(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2010
The state Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Muiz Banire, gave this advice in a statement, stating that the weather condition “is hazardous for asthma patients and people with respiratory diseases”.
Banire, however, urged Lagosians to remain calm, saying it “is just another manifestation of change in the climate condition”.
According to him, what “is being experienced is the delayed harmattan wind that was supposed to have blown in December/January that is coming now”.

He said samples taken yesterday showed high level of particulate matters in the air.
He noted that the North-east wind that blows across the Sahara Desert carries with it a lot of dust and the weather is very humid.
Any rainfall any moment from now, according to him, may have muddy particles; as such the public is advised not to use it for human consumption. That is for cooking or direct drinking.
Banire said the public would be kept abreast of developments in that direction and constantly advised on steps to take for general safety.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169261

There goes your SMOG!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cervical Cancer / Woman Suffer Several Injuries In Her Tongue After Being Bitten By Spider (photos / COVID-19 Update For July 15 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.