Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,678 members, 7,914,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:22 PM

Marriage Or Partnership? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Or Partnership? (683 Views)

Women, If You Want To Keep Your Marriage Or Relationship, Stay In Your Lane / 112-year-old Man And 17-year-old weird marriage or Wedding with (pictures) / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Or Partnership? by banks44(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
Many in the developed world are choosing the option of co-habitation known also as partnership over marriage. Many couples now live together permanently and sometimes even have children without necessarily getting married. To them marriage is just an official ceremony and they believe they do not really need a piece of paper saying "Married" to actually get on with their lives. Many Nigerians abroad actually practice this as well. What do you think?
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by MissyB1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
Take me to church and put a ring on it before God and man
b4 I live in same house wiff You. cool
Partnership is also a common practice in Naija not just in the Western world alone.
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by smooooooth: 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
i think its total rubbish!
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by ddiamond(f): 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
smooooooth:

i think its total rubbish!

your right,
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
Missy B:

Partnership is also a common practice in Naija not just in the Western world alone.
Thank you for pointing that out.

@topic, As for my opinion on it, am not a big fan of partnership. It totally defeats the purpose of marriage. It's like you
have nothing else to look forward to in marriage. For me, marriage is like apoint in time where it's time for a new adventure.
Discovering how it's like to live together, working things out together. If you lived together already, what's new?
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by banks44(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Rokiatu You said marriage is like a new adventure but why will you want to lock yourself with one man for the rest of your life, what if he is not even the one for you. You have never lived with him before so how can you guarantee that you will have a successful union with him. Some people see partnerhip actually as a way of knowing what you are buying, or simply put, test-driving your new car. What if you dont like what you see? Until you start living with someone, you never know what they are like.
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by iice(f): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
You can always find another even after marriage.
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by banks44(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
@others  Actually i think you are all just fulfilling an expected societal obligation by getting married. Is it really necessary for you to obtain legal backing for your union (which is marriage) if you are sure of what you are getting into? Do you really need a pastor to tell you that you will love your partner for better or for worse? why do you have to spend loads of money arranging a marriage ceremony when it actually has no impact whatsoever on what your union will be like? In my opinion, marriage is actually a hypocritical gesture as it says "look at us, we love each other", does anyone really has to know? Isnt love actually a personal journey? You are the only ones who go through the highs and the lows together, not the people who come to eat chicken at your marriage, so whats the grand ceremony for? Once again, hypocrisy, to say you have enough money to spend, isnt it? When actually lots of people borrow and get into debt to throw a marriage ceremony in Nigeria.
Re: Marriage Or Partnership? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 23, 2010
banks44:

@Rokiatu You said marriage is like a new adventure but why will you want to lock yourself with one man for the rest of your life, what if he is not even the one for you. You have never lived with him before so how can you guarantee that you will have a successful union with him. Some people see partnerhip actually as a way of knowing what you are buying, or simply put, test-driving your new car. What if you dont like what you see? Until you start living with someone, you never know what they are like.
But living with someone before marriage doesn't guarantee that you will have a successfull marriage. You don't only have to live with a person to know them, though living with them have some advantages, but I wouldn't risk it. guys (some) don't worry about making it permanent if they get you every night anyway

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of A Lover Are You? / Outcast She Said / Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.